Landmark Building Solutions is one of Alberta's largest residential builders, and is dedicated to leading the industry in sustainable housing solutions that reduce the carbon footprint of the homes we live in. We are a growing company with operations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Red Deer.
We are a passionate and dynamic group of professionals who continually strive to improve the quality of the houses we build while ensuring the best value for the customer and the community. We pursue this goal through research and development of innovative products and processes, integration of state of the art information technology, ongoing education for our entire staff, and a culture of continuous improvement.
Why Choose the Landmark Building Solutions:
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic Group benefits, paid for by Landmark Building Solutions
- RRSP matching program
- Educational assistance
- Employees' children scholarship program
- A challenging and progressive work environment
- Outstanding staff events
- Opportunity for career growth through training and personal development
- Your chance to work with the best
The Roof Truss Designer is responsible for planning, preparing and developing the roof truss for residential construction. He/she is responsible to prepare or/and modify drawings, specifications, calculations, layouts on architectural/engineering plans for the fabrication of roof trusses in compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
- Design and complete layout of residential roof systems for pricing and manufacturing using MiTek and other design/drafting software.
- Collaborate with Drafting, Engineer and Architect to complete project erection drawings and production shop cards; and to check the erection drawings and production for accuracy in compliance with contract documents and design intent.
- Prepare schematic diagrams and detailed roof truss layouts for production.
- Prepare scope of work documentation, estimates and proposals.
- Review and optimize designs for most efficient use of resources.
- Performs job site inspections.
- Establish design and manufacturing schedules and monitor progress of projects and their conformance to design and construction schedules.
- Prepare modification work orders and work with plant and field personnel to achieve their completion.
- Provide feedback and advice regarding the roof truss design aspects of company projects to management.
- Manage and execute projects according to budget and schedule and to work with other project members and disciplines.
- Work closely with clients, production manager, field supervisors, and other business partners to answer design questions and offer design solutions.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A Technical Diploma or Degree in architectural, civil, or construction engineering technology program or degree in civil engineering.
- Minimum of three years as a roof truss designer specializing in residential construction.
- Solid knowledge of MiTek/CAD engineering and layout software used in the design of trusses and the creation of layouts for residential/multi-family construction.
- Solid knowledge of truss production, building code requirements, load design requirements and government regulation.
- Demonstrated the ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills required to calculate concentrated and uniform loads.
- Working knowledge of roof systems and the ability to spec out beams and hangers.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision.
Be a Part of a Revolution! Apply for a job today and join us in building Canada’s future! Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter, quoting competition number LBS-73-13 through our website at www.landmarkgroup.ca.
We thank all applicants, however only those being considered will be contacted.