Lambton College

Lambton College Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You can work where you studied
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: got valuable experience
At work you have to do all the paper work.
Learned many things of professional environment.
Co-workers are so nice and humble.
Core Java Development, Mobile Development (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Good place to work and improve skills. Interactive environment and competitive workers.
Exceptional
Accounting Clerk, EBAT/WorkStudy Student (Former Employee), Accounting departmentJuly 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, understanding, "school-comes-first" motto
Working in the Accounting Department at Lambton College was fantastic. Everyone I worked with was friendly, very helpful, and always happy. My manager, the Director of Finance, was very helpful and I enjoyed doing tasks for her, as well as the other director and financial analyst.
Customer service oriented
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: contacts with teachers and employers
Cons: part-time and student wages
Learning environment
Good teamwork
Educational
Nice co-workers
A flexible working environment
excellent
Behavioural Therapist (Former Employee), sarnia onApril 29, 2014
indeeed is really good
it helped me and my company was excellent and good place to work
productive and a very good learning enviroment
MTIM lab assistant (Current Employee), Sarnia ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: lots of learning experiences
Cons: hard to work and do my schooling at the same time
Good people to work for while I am currently finishing my last term of school.
Let the world filled with love
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), C04November 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Care for disabled children and look after old people who have no child Clean the street and take part in the community activities.
Worked independantly around school hours
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Sarnai, OntarioAugust 7, 2013
Pros: i chose my hours
Cons: my boss didn't always have time to give me a new task
This job allowed me to work anytime and anywhere if I had some extra time and a computer. My boss would email me a large spreadsheet with instructions and requirements, and I would sort and filter all data to come up with a conclusion. This work was very flexible, though at the same time I had to manage my time so I would be able to meet deadlines.
First year of hockey
Womens Hockey (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 1, 2013
this was the first year I played hockey
I didn't really get to play. the coach didn't think I was good enough
but I did a raffle so the team could go to Kitchener for a weekend
and maintained the gates at the Sarnia Sting games to raise money for practices
Town of Saugeen Shores
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: the same work everyday with not very flexible hours
Good safe place to work for. Safety in the workplace, as well as working in a team atmosphere. Co-workers were great people.
Productive and Informative work place
International Student Ambassador for January (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 6, 2013
Pros: promotions
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work with ICICI Bank Ltd, a customer walked into the branch who lost his debit card. He lost is wallet in which he has all his debit and credit cards and proper identification. Customer is need of money and would like to withdraw from his account. Unfortunately customer do not remember his account number. I took the initiative and helped – more... the customer search his account number blocked all the cards and helped the customer to get some money from his account with the help of my reporting Manager. I learned that nothing is important than customer specially when we work in customer service related jobs. I should appreciate the management help. They provided me the best training and gave me time to prepare myself for the task. My co-workers also helped me in initial days as I'm a fresher(without corporate company knowledge). The hardest part of the job working 7 days a week without proper breaks. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers all the time and making them happy which ultimately makes me happy. – less
The Library Resource Center at Lambton College has a very friendly atmosphere. Every student can access to a number of computers in the area.
Library Assistant( Student Clerk) (Former Employee), Library Resource Center (LRC)May 3, 2013
Pros: flexibility of working hours
Everyday I used to arrange and shelve the reviewed books thereby helping my employer to reduce her workload. I used to help her in the allotted work of printing and photocopy. I learned responsibility along with how to deal with people having disabilities. The management was perfectly carried out under the manager Tim Pierce. My co-worker Karen she – more... was also hardworking and helpful to me. There was no such thing which I found harder to me. The enjoyable part of the job was to reach on time and do scanning of books which were missing. – less
Tutoring is more difficult then you would belive
Tutor (Current Employee), Sarnia ONMarch 26, 2013
Pros: flexibe schedule and interesting people
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day of work involved showing up to my shift and being handed a new group of students who needed my help with their studies. While I had a few regulars, it was mostly different people every day, each with a new problem and a new set of skills to work with.
Contract Support Staff (Current Employee), Registrar's OfficeNovember 2, 2012
Unfortunately, Lambton College doesn't seem to see the value of good employees. They are more than willing to keep a good employee on a contract for years instead of offering them full time positions. Then, when they lose that employee, they tend to blame the employee for finding permanent, secure employment.
Other than that, it is a nice place to work. – more... They do tend to be very understanding of family commitments. – less
Exciting place to work at. Great to give back to a program I was part of
Marketing - Associate Professor (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 28, 2012
Lambton College has provided me an opportunity to further advance my career goals by working part time teaching different courses. They are a good employer with a strong ties to the community
Employees are treated exceptionally well, safety is paramount
Co-op student/Instrument Tech (Former Employee), Sarnia On, CanadaMarch 13, 2012
I worked as a co-op student at an OPG nuclear facility for 8 months. I was treated well by management. They put my in scenarios where I could grow and learn as an employee. My co-workers were friendly and treated me well. Benefits, vacation time, and rate of pay were al exceptional.
Very good college
Secretary Student Council (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2012
Give proper attention to each and every students , have excellent faculty .
Great People and a great experience!
Part-time Financial Aid Clerk (Current Employee), Sarnia, OntarioJanuary 15, 2012
Pros: meet different ppl in other departments, chirstmas holidays are closed
Cons: part-time employees have no benefits, no paid vacation, no wage increase, not considered internal for job postings, no security
My time at Lambton has given me an array of skills and benefits that will progress me to a full-time/permanent status. Working with different departments gives me the opportunity to seek other aspects to a career base such as this so I can expand my knowledge that I have obtained.