Lambton College Employee Reviews

Productive and Informative work place
International Student Ambassador for January (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 6, 2013
A typical day at work with ICICI Bank Ltd, a customer walked into the branch who lost his debit card. He lost is wallet in which he has all his debit and credit cards and proper identification. Customer is need of money and would like to withdraw from his account. Unfortunately customer do not remember his account number. I took the initiative and helped the customer search his account number blocked all the cards and helped the customer to get some money from his account with the help of my reporting Manager. I learned that nothing is important than customer specially when we work in customer service related jobs. I should appreciate the management help. They provided me the best training and gave me time to prepare myself for the task. My co-workers also helped me in initial days as I'm a fresher(without corporate company knowledge). The hardest part of the job working 7 days a week without proper breaks. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers all the time and making them happy which ultimately makes me happy.
Pros
promotions
Cons
relaxed workplace, comfortable hours, detail oriented
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 19, 2015
Began work, reviewed previous data and began startup procedures for apparatuses and computers. performed testing on required samples and created spreadsheets to catalog the data.
I learned about the inner mechanics of PEM fuel cells and how to determine peak conditions for testing.
the co-workers were other graduates from the Alternative Energy Engineering program, they were kind, readonalbe and helpful.
the most difficult part of the job was performing the testing with slightly out of date equipment, calibrating required extreme precision and the apparatus had to be maintained at peak conditions.
the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how the apparatus worked, after much troubleshooting, it became easier to troubleshoot any errors during the testing and explain the data to the head researcher.
The Library Resource Center at Lambton College has a very friendly atmosphere. Every student can access to a number of computers in the area.
Library Assistant( Student Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Library Resource Center (LRC)May 3, 2013
Everyday I used to arrange and shelve the reviewed books thereby helping my employer to reduce her workload. I used to help her in the allotted work of printing and photocopy. I learned responsibility along with how to deal with people having disabilities. The management was perfectly carried out under the manager Tim Pierce. My co-worker Karen she was also hardworking and helpful to me. There was no such thing which I found harder to me. The enjoyable part of the job was to reach on time and do scanning of books which were missing.
Pros
flexibility of working hours
Great People and a great experience!
Part-time Financial Aid Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, OntarioJanuary 15, 2012
My time at Lambton has given me an array of skills and benefits that will progress me to a full-time/permanent status. Working with different departments gives me the opportunity to seek other aspects to a career base such as this so I can expand my knowledge that I have obtained.
Pros
meet different ppl in other departments, chirstmas holidays are closed
Cons
part-time employees have no benefits, no paid vacation, no wage increase, not considered internal for job postings, no security
Worked independantly around school hours
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnai, OntarioAugust 7, 2013
This job allowed me to work anytime and anywhere if I had some extra time and a computer. My boss would email me a large spreadsheet with instructions and requirements, and I would sort and filter all data to come up with a conclusion. This work was very flexible, though at the same time I had to manage my time so I would be able to meet deadlines.
Pros
i chose my hours
Cons
my boss didn't always have time to give me a new task
Working with a team makes us achieve more
International Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONFebruary 11, 2015
I love to work in a team because i believe that everyone has an impact in a project.
I learnt that time management is a very vital key word in every organization growth
My co-workers are loving people who break the ice by telling jokes sometimes in the office.
The hardest part of our jobs are having to work over time to achieve the project.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting deadlines.
Exceptional
Accounting Clerk, EBAT/WorkStudy Student (Former Employee) –  Accounting departmentJuly 3, 2014
Working in the Accounting Department at Lambton College was fantastic. Everyone I worked with was friendly, very helpful, and always happy. My manager, the Director of Finance, was very helpful and I enjoyed doing tasks for her, as well as the other director and financial analyst.
Pros
flexible hours, understanding, "school-comes-first" motto
Productive and Very Educational
Work Study Student Entrepreneurship Liaison (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONNovember 10, 2015
Awesome place to work. Co-Workers very helpful and eager to assist whenever possible. Staff very knowledgeable.

Would recommend to anyone wishing to apply.

I am a Work-Study Position, thus work very closely with faculty and staff to assure course integration and procedural standards.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Amazing and fun place to work!
Economics, Finance and Wealth Management Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
Everyday that I go to work I smile. It is the fact that I work with seasoned professionals that make me smile. Everyone is there to assist you in any way that you need help. The Director - Adrian Sharma is an amazing guy who is dedicated to the students, the school, and your success.
Cons
None that I can think of
Tutoring is more difficult then you would belive
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sarnia ONMarch 26, 2013
A typical day of work involved showing up to my shift and being handed a new group of students who needed my help with their studies. While I had a few regulars, it was mostly different people every day, each with a new problem and a new set of skills to work with.
Pros
flexibe schedule and interesting people
Cons
not enough hours
Employees are treated exceptionally well, safety is paramount
Co-op student/Instrument Tech (Former Employee) –  Sarnia On, CanadaMarch 13, 2012
I worked as a co-op student at an OPG nuclear facility for 8 months. I was treated well by management. They put my in scenarios where I could grow and learn as an employee. My co-workers were friendly and treated me well. Benefits, vacation time, and rate of pay were al exceptional.
Fun and learning workplace
Visiting Faculty (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONNovember 7, 2014
Offers international teaching opportunities from its platform
Enjoyed and appreciated foreign culture(s)
Excellent infrastructure for teaching, learning, and research
Flexible work structure
Overall fun and collegial environment
Pros
diversity at the workplace
Cons
job security
Exciting place to work at. Great to give back to a program I was part of
Marketing - Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 28, 2012
Lambton College has provided me an opportunity to further advance my career goals by working part time teaching different courses. They are a good employer with a strong ties to the community
Motivating and rewarding with excellent team work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 25, 2015
opportunity to prove one self through employee reviews, freedom of ideas and rewards of travel and bonuses. Frequent workshops provided to update and improve working conditions as well as self motivation.
Pros
travel
First year of hockey
Womens Hockey (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 1, 2013
this was the first year I played hockey
I didn't really get to play. the coach didn't think I was good enough
but I did a raffle so the team could go to Kitchener for a weekend
and maintained the gates at the Sarnia Sting games to raise money for practices
Grounds & Facilities Maintenance/HVAC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONDecember 31, 2015
Fun hard working environment, as long as u are doing you job and not having any problems all will go well and then again even if there are problems they are very forgiving
Pros
Lenient
Cons
slow internet
Mobile Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  SarniaJanuary 30, 2015
I liked the setup at Lambton College , though my job was easy but people are friendly and helping if help is needed.

We are given the support that is required.
Pros
friendly people, support from other departments
Good Company
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, OntarioSeptember 17, 2014
Being a full-time student, it was an amazing experience to work to Lambton College. This experience allowed me to improve my communication skills not only with the fellow students but also with faculty and staff.
Town of Saugeen Shores
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 11, 2013
Good safe place to work for. Safety in the workplace, as well as working in a team atmosphere. Co-workers were great people.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
the same work everyday with not very flexible hours
productive and a very good learning enviroment
MTIM lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia ONJanuary 29, 2014
Good people to work for while I am currently finishing my last term of school.
Pros
lots of learning experiences
Cons
hard to work and do my schooling at the same time

4.3