Lambton College Employee Reviews

Junior Mobile Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Everything was awesome at Swayam . But I strongly prefered getting well settled in Canada or US. Because of that I moved here and started my career in a different zone.
innovative and creativity
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 October 2016
• Designed and constructed a project to control liquid level using bilge pump and PWM controller
• Troubleshoot bidirectional speed control circuits for dc motor
• Designed cooling panel for flex tab machine constructed using dc motors
• 3D printer (prusa i3) installation and interfacing with scanner
• Inventory control for the student research lab
Lambton College is the best
Mobile Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 January 2017
Lambton College is the best place to be and work. The environment is friendly and I love the people I work with, always ready to help you.
Great People and a great experience!
Part-time Financial Aid Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, Ontario15 January 2012
My time at Lambton has given me an array of skills and benefits that will progress me to a full-time/permanent status. Working with different departments gives me the opportunity to seek other aspects to a career base such as this so I can expand my knowledge that I have obtained.
Pros
meet different ppl in other departments, chirstmas holidays are closed
Cons
part-time employees have no benefits, no paid vacation, no wage increase, not considered internal for job postings, no security
Productive and fun work place
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2016
A typical day at work is being at my desk looking forward to new students come in for their registration. I learnt a lot in communicating with people of different background and cultures. My colleagues were detailed and everyone maintained a welcoming atmosphere and embraced team spirit. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that you do not loose student's personal items like International passport while attending to over 600 students at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet the new students and meet their different needs. It reminded me of myself when I was a new student too.
Pros
Free launch, good working environment
Cons
Employees are treated exceptionally well, safety is paramount
Co-op student/Instrument Tech (Former Employee) –  Sarnia On, Canada13 March 2012
I worked as a co-op student at an OPG nuclear facility for 8 months. I was treated well by management. They put my in scenarios where I could grow and learn as an employee. My co-workers were friendly and treated me well. Benefits, vacation time, and rate of pay were al exceptional.
First year of hockey
Womens Hockey (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2013
this was the first year I played hockey
I didn't really get to play. the coach didn't think I was good enough
but I did a raffle so the team could go to Kitchener for a weekend
and maintained the gates at the Sarnia Sting games to raise money for practices
Was Part-time student, didn't gain any valid work experience in my field.
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 March 2016
Didn't learn much of anything toward my aspiring career field. Co-workers were very kind and fun to work with. A typical day was doing whatever was asked of me.
Productive and Informative work place
International Student Ambassador for January (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 June 2013
A typical day at work with ICICI Bank Ltd, a customer walked into the branch who lost his debit card. He lost is wallet in which he has all his debit and credit cards and proper identification. Customer is need of money and would like to withdraw from his account. Unfortunately customer do not remember his account number. I took the initiative and helped the customer search his account number blocked all the cards and helped the customer to get some money from his account with the help of my reporting Manager. I learned that nothing is important than customer specially when we work in customer service related jobs. I should appreciate the management help. They provided me the best training and gave me time to prepare myself for the task. My co-workers also helped me in initial days as I'm a fresher(without corporate company knowledge). The hardest part of the job working 7 days a week without proper breaks. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers all the time and making them happy which ultimately makes me happy.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Lambton College is an extremely pleasant work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant, Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 March 2016
Working at Lambton College has been the most inspiring work place I have ever been a part of. I enjoy my daily tasks and everyone around the office is very kind and pleasant to work with. I dread having to leave at the end of the day.
Excellent
Part-Time - Associate Professor, Law Clerk Program (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 May 2016
Great work experience. Great organization to work for. Teacher training was provided and the support is always available to the employees of the College.
Welcoming, encouraging and active!
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 May 2016
I can't say enough great things about Lambton College. The staff and faculty take an honest interest in seeing their students succeed.
The Library Resource Center at Lambton College has a very friendly atmosphere. Every student can access to a number of computers in the area.
Library Assistant( Student Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Library Resource Center (LRC)3 May 2013
Everyday I used to arrange and shelve the reviewed books thereby helping my employer to reduce her workload. I used to help her in the allotted work of printing and photocopy. I learned responsibility along with how to deal with people having disabilities. The management was perfectly carried out under the manager Tim Pierce. My co-worker Karen she was also hardworking and helpful to me. There was no such thing which I found harder to me. The enjoyable part of the job was to reach on time and do scanning of books which were missing.
Pros
Flexibility of working hours
volunteer
Safe Walk Volunteer/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 January 2016
volunteer program of Police Foundation students, was an overall great experience. Allowed us to meet new people and promote safety on campus
Grounds & Facilities Maintenance/HVAC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON31 December 2015
Fun hard working environment, as long as u are doing you job and not having any problems all will go well and then again even if there are problems they are very forgiving
Pros
Lenient
Cons
slow internet
relaxed workplace, comfortable hours, detail oriented
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 May 2015
Began work, reviewed previous data and began startup procedures for apparatuses and computers. performed testing on required samples and created spreadsheets to catalog the data.
I learned about the inner mechanics of PEM fuel cells and how to determine peak conditions for testing.
the co-workers were other graduates from the Alternative Energy Engineering program, they were kind, readonalbe and helpful.
the most difficult part of the job was performing the testing with slightly out of date equipment, calibrating required extreme precision and the apparatus had to be maintained at peak conditions.
the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how the apparatus worked, after much troubleshooting, it became easier to troubleshoot any errors during the testing and explain the data to the head researcher.
Productive and Very Educational
Work Study Student Entrepreneurship Liaison (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON10 November 2015
Awesome place to work. Co-Workers very helpful and eager to assist whenever possible. Staff very knowledgeable.

Would recommend to anyone wishing to apply.

I am a Work-Study Position, thus work very closely with faculty and staff to assure course integration and procedural standards.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Studying in Lambton College. Good place to study in.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 November 2015
Studying in Lambton College with great multi-culture environment. Excellent professor supportive allows student enjoying learning as well as having fun.
Core Java Development, Mobile Development (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 July 2014
Good place to work and improve skills. Interactive environment and competitive workers.
Pros
free lunch
Fun and learning workplace
Visiting Faculty (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 November 2014
Offers international teaching opportunities from its platform
Enjoyed and appreciated foreign culture(s)
Excellent infrastructure for teaching, learning, and research
Flexible work structure
Overall fun and collegial environment
Pros
diversity at the workplace
Cons
Job security

4.3