Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Highly efficient and tightly knit group of professionals committed to improving the overal wellbeing of their patients
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Medical/surgical Ward and Labour and DeliverSeptember 19, 2014
As a student nurse, this establishment was a great place to learn about the art and science of nursing. The staff is knowledgeable and willing to mentor the students into the proper way to execute procedures in order to ensure maximum effectiveness. there was constant communication among the inter-professional team.
Nursing is a stressful job and more so perhaps in a unit were there are few sucesses.
Nurse (Former Employee), Whitby, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: dealing on a daily basis with incurable disease.
Cons: helping those that cannot help themselves.
Arrive at 6:30 and assist with organization of meds. Assist those who cannot eat on their own, wash or dress on their own and attend bathroom needs. Clean various areas and prepare for family to arrive for visits. Various duties that are required (confidential).

Attend daily meetings on progress and further treatment.

The management was for me, the – more... doctor and he was efficient, loving and caring. He cried when he was able to release a patient. We all did.

The nurses and staff were excellent. They knew the difficulty the patients and their family and staff were experiencing and put in a great team effort.

The hardest part was the difficulty of seeing the patients deteriorate.

The most enjoyable part was seeing the one patient who was released and we were so happy we all cried, great day. – less
Productive and fun place to volunteer.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: free pop at the end of your shift.
Cons: no phones allowed
You get to make people smile. Helping others in a way helps yourself too. I absolutely love it here.
Fun place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee), OshawaJune 5, 2013
Pros: just helping out
Enjoying giving my time to help out in the kiosk.There was a gift store and coffee shop. worked with two others 4 days a week. Shifts were 3 hours where students were doing there community service.