Lakeridge Health Employee Review

View all Lakeridge Health reviews

It's a good place to work, but then I hear that if you follow the yellow brick road that you'll eventually find the magical land of Oz.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON13 November 2013
I enjoyed working at Lakeridge Health, and found the staff to be excellent and very professional. Unfortunately, if you are wanting to work for Lakeridge, the chances are slim to none for most nurses I hear. (this from an educator)

I have reapplied several times myself, for a variety of nursing positions, and have heard absolutely nothing back. Maybe you would have more luck as a new grad, as everything appears to be geared that way. Perhaps older nurses, however good at what they do, just have a harder time finding work in today's Ontario.

I don't know, but if you are one of the lucky ones to be hired, (as with any job in this dying western economy of ours), hold on to the job like grim death!

Good luck!
Pros
Great staff, good working environment.
Cons
Often working short. (this is the norm now though for nurses)

Other Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

My home hospital
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 December 2017
I have worked for Lakeridge Health Corp. since graduating in 2010. This hospital is where I was born, grew up, completed my placements and now work for.
I have worked in many areas throughout the hospital.
Pros
large corporation, full time available
Cons
No days only schedules.
Excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 November 2017
I am working full time at Lakeridge and enjoy working here. I love being a nurse and enjoy a rewarding career. I would encourage further education in nursing.