Lakeridge Health Employee Review

View all Lakeridge Health reviews

Fun place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa 5 June 2013
Enjoying giving my time to help out in the kiosk.There was a gift store and coffee shop. worked with two others 4 days a week. Shifts were 3 hours where students were doing there community service.
Pros
Just helping out

Other Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Can be a great place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 January 2018
A typical day would be going around for all your patients and collecting blood samples. Once that's done you return to your department and receive your samples into the computer. Then you would take care of patients that come to the outpatient lab for blood work. Manage front desk by entering requisitions. You have to answer the pager when a department calls you for blood work. Or run to a code. Management was nice. The workplace culture was friendly I think, I had no problems. Co-workers are willing to help. The hardest part of the job was dealing with aggressive patients and patient overload in ER. The most enjoyable for me was receiving specimens, and packing the tote bags for pick up. I also liked chatting with the patients.
Pros
the pay, events at the hospital
Cons
If you have an illness/or disability it could jeopardize your job
My home hospital
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 December 2017
I have worked for Lakeridge Health Corp. since graduating in 2010. This hospital is where I was born, grew up, completed my placements and now work for.
I have worked in many areas throughout the hospital.
Pros
large corporation, full time available
Cons
No days only schedules.