Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Professional
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day started with registering patients for their surgery, (we registered approx. 300 patients per day), making sure all their information was corrrect, before advancing them over to day surgery. Preparing patient's charts for the next day surgerys. Answering the phones from both patients and the operating room.

I did not find any part of the job hard and I enjoyed the challenges and loved all aspects of the job.
Lakeridge Health Hospatility
Lakeridge Health Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for Lakeridge health as it gave me experience working with and around people taking them where they need to go around the hospital.
Pros
4 Hour shifts, Interaction with people
Cons
No pay
High Paced
Registration Clerk Emergency Department-Temporary (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 5, 2015
Very high paced environment, with not alot of support from management. Alot of politics. Most enjoyable part was seeing un healthy children smile when you gave them a sticker.
Pros
Day goes by fast
Cons
No support
Excellent positive work environment with something new to learn everyday
Registration Clerk/Bookings Clerk (Former Employee) –  Diagnostic Imaging DepartmentMay 12, 2015
Excellent working environment. All the staff had a very positive attitude and were very welcoming. This position exceeded my expectations and I learned many new skills as well as perfected some current skills.

Hardest part of the job was getting into the routine of everyday tasks, however after a few days of being in the position I quickly picked up my routine.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all the different patients and being able to provide excellent service to them and know that they were satisfied.
Pros
Many areas for growth, lots of interaction with people, my skills were utilized every day.
Cons
Sometimes can have long hours, or long hours of sitting during the day.
Enjoyable work environment
Medical Lab Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 22, 2015
Lakeridge boasts a competent staff. All areas of care have dedicated, knowledgeable professionals who make it a great place to learn and work. The patients are clearly satisfied with the care given.
Highly efficient and tightly knit group of professionals committed to improving the overal wellbeing of their patients
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medical/surgical Ward and Labour and DeliverSeptember 19, 2014
As a student nurse, this establishment was a great place to learn about the art and science of nursing. The staff is knowledgeable and willing to mentor the students into the proper way to execute procedures in order to ensure maximum effectiveness. there was constant communication among the inter-professional team.
Nursing is a stressful job and more so perhaps in a unit were there are few sucesses.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Arrive at 6:30 and assist with organization of meds. Assist those who cannot eat on their own, wash or dress on their own and attend bathroom needs. Clean various areas and prepare for family to arrive for visits. Various duties that are required (confidential).

Attend daily meetings on progress and further treatment.

The management was for me, the doctor and he was efficient, loving and caring. He cried when he was able to release a patient. We all did.

The nurses and staff were excellent. They knew the difficulty the patients and their family and staff were experiencing and put in a great team effort.

The hardest part was the difficulty of seeing the patients deteriorate.

The most enjoyable part was seeing the one patient who was released and we were so happy we all cried, great day.
Pros
dealing on a daily basis with incurable disease.
Cons
helping those that cannot help themselves.
Great place to work.
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed my time being apart of the kitchen, I had great co-workers, the hours worked great with my schedule and I could pay into a pension.
Great Organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Well organized, great people to work with. Professional company with great benefits and safety culture. Great organization.
Fun place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  OshawaJune 5, 2013
Enjoying giving my time to help out in the kiosk.There was a gift store and coffee shop. worked with two others 4 days a week. Shifts were 3 hours where students were doing there community service.
Pros
just helping out
Productive and fun place to volunteer.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 8, 2014
You get to make people smile. Helping others in a way helps yourself too. I absolutely love it here.
Pros
free pop at the end of your shift.
Cons
no phones allowed