Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nursing is a stressful job and more so perhaps in a unit were there are few sucesses.
Nurse (Former Employee), Whitby, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: dealing on a daily basis with incurable disease.
Cons: helping those that cannot help themselves.
Arrive at 6:30 and assist with organization of meds. Assist those who cannot eat on their own, wash or dress on their own and attend bathroom needs. Clean various areas and prepare for family to arrive for visits. Various duties that are required (confidential).

Attend daily meetings on progress and further treatment.

The management was for me, the – more... doctor and he was efficient, loving and caring. He cried when he was able to release a patient. We all did.

The nurses and staff were excellent. They knew the difficulty the patients and their family and staff were experiencing and put in a great team effort.

The hardest part was the difficulty of seeing the patients deteriorate.

The most enjoyable part was seeing the one patient who was released and we were so happy we all cried, great day. – less
Productive and fun place to volunteer.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: free pop at the end of your shift.
Cons: no phones allowed
You get to make people smile. Helping others in a way helps yourself too. I absolutely love it here.
Fun place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee), OshawaJune 5, 2013
Pros: just helping out
Enjoying giving my time to help out in the kiosk.There was a gift store and coffee shop. worked with two others 4 days a week. Shifts were 3 hours where students were doing there community service.
It's a good place to work, but then I hear that if you follow the yellow brick road that you'll eventually find the magical land of Oz.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONNovember 13, 2013
Pros: great staff, good working environment.
Cons: often working short. (this is the norm now though for nurses)
I enjoyed working at Lakeridge Health, and found the staff to be excellent and very professional. Unfortunately, if you are wanting to work for Lakeridge, the chances are slim to none for most nurses I hear. (this from an educator)

I have reapplied several times myself, for a variety of nursing positions, and have heard absolutely nothing back. Maybe – more... you would have more luck as a new grad, as everything appears to be geared that way. Perhaps older nurses, however good at what they do, just have a harder time finding work in today's Ontario.

I don't know, but if you are one of the lucky ones to be hired, (as with any job in this dying western economy of ours), hold on to the job like grim death!

Good luck! – less