Lakeland College Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and use of rec facilities
Security Guard - Certified (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, ABMay 6, 2016
I walk about 5 miles in a shift. I deal with drinking students so I learn to be patient and non-judgemental.
I seldom associate with management as I work nights and supervisors have the day shift. My co-workers are a fun and supportive bunch. The hardest part of my job is to convince drunk students that it is time to stop the party. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction between myself and the students.
Pros
Free use of recreational facilities after shifts
Cons
Long hours on my feet in steel toed boots.
Creative, energetic, Gratifying
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, Ab, CanadaNovember 4, 2015
Taught students to help them to achieve good marks in exams. Hardest part was to make them understand the complex formula's of cost accounting and intermediate accounting. But was able to succeed by showing patience and explaining them in easy to understand terms.I learnt how to motivate students so that they could excel in their mid terms and this job helped me to enhance my social skills.
Pros
Inner satisfaction
Great place to learn and be motivated, and great work life balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  LloydminsterMay 12, 2015
Great place to learn and get motivated, and great work life balance, and i really like the staff i work with its much more important for me to recognize things and appreciate the work which i find in almost all staff to appreciate small things we do.
Fine Institute
Director, Lakeland Enterprises (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMay 9, 2015
Great place to work in the post secondary environment. Staff is very unified in their goals of providing the best education possible
Carpentry Instructor (Current Employee) –  AlbertaDecember 12, 2014
8-4:30 buisy days I have really enjoyed working for Lakeland college great staff and administration. The interactions with the staff are always professional and positive.
Exceptional workplace
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, ABOctober 10, 2014
Room booking, cleaning of rooms and entire building, premises.
Enjoyable with good people
Athletic Funds Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJuly 20, 2014
Approaching companies or individuals for sponsorship
Cultivation
Proposals/ Ask
Stewardship
Raisers Edge

Co- workers are great people
Pros
great people
Fast paced work environment
Dairy Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vermilion AlbertaDecember 2, 2013
Typical day consisted of caring for the calves as well as cows, treating sick animals, feeding and performimg routine maintnance on equiptment. I learnedhow to keep proper treatment records and how to perform Artificial Insemination for strict breeding records. The hardest part of this job was dealing with all the breakdowns and having limited help to fix these problems before they got worse. I enjoyed being aroung the livestock amd managing all the records for these animals to ensure they were all up to date and given equal care/treatment as stated by the animal welfar guidelines
Pros
working with livestock, machinery
Cons
strict guide lines/budget
Great Team environment
Assistant to Dean (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABNovember 4, 2013
I really enjoy working with my team, we are supported by the Dean of our department and we all pull in together and foster that supportive, team player atmosphere.
My day at work varies from a range of duties from supporting our 5 full time faculty, or our 4 program coordinators or the 75 full time students and we also have clients walking in for programs. Overall my job is rewarding.
Pros
supportive team
In theory very desirable place to work but too many problems with upper level managememt causes confusion.
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, ABMay 24, 2013
My job required performing duties as requested by my supervisors. The work itself was enjoyable. Some of the requests required parts, equipment or services we did not have. This made quick response difficult when they had not made decisions soon enough. Lack of direction from upper management made some decisions extremely difficult. These were new programs and confusion was a regular obstacle. Almost everyone I worked with did their best with what they were given. College procedures were cumbersome and the hardest thing to get used to. Comradery with fellow staff members made coming to work enjiyable. I would have enjoyed staying at job but budget cuts caused my position to be eliminated.
Pros
casual working atmosphere and flexible hours
Cons
dealing with bureaucracy