Lakeland College

Lakeland College Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Exceptional workplace
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Vermilion, ABOctober 10, 2014
Room booking, cleaning of rooms and entire building, premises.
Enjoyable with good people
Athletic Funds Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
Approaching companies or individuals for sponsorship
Cultivation
Proposals/ Ask
Stewardship
Raisers Edge

Co- workers are great people
Fast paced work environment
Dairy Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Vermilion AlbertaDecember 2, 2013
Pros: working with livestock, machinery
Cons: strict guide lines/budget
Typical day consisted of caring for the calves as well as cows, treating sick animals, feeding and performimg routine maintnance on equiptment. I learnedhow to keep proper treatment records and how to perform Artificial Insemination for strict breeding records. The hardest part of this job was dealing with all the breakdowns and having limited help to fix these problems before they got worse. I enjoyed being aroung the livestock amd managing all the records for these animals to ensure they were all up to date and given equal care/treatment as stated by the animal welfar guidelines
Great Team environment
Assistant to Dean (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABNovember 4, 2013
Pros: supportive team
I really enjoy working with my team, we are supported by the Dean of our department and we all pull in together and foster that supportive, team player atmosphere.
My day at work varies from a range of duties from supporting our 5 full time faculty, or our 4 program coordinators or the 75 full time students and we also have clients walking in for programs. Overall my job is rewarding.
In theory very desirable place to work but too many problems with upper level managememt causes confusion.
Lab Tech (Current Employee), Vermilion, ABMay 24, 2013
Pros: casual working atmosphere and flexible hours
Cons: dealing with bureaucracy
My job required performing duties as requested by my supervisors. The work itself was enjoyable. Some of the requests required parts, equipment or services we did not have. This made quick response difficult when they had not made decisions soon enough. Lack of direction from upper management made some decisions extremely difficult. These were new programs and confusion was a regular obstacle. Almost everyone I worked with did their best with what they were given. College procedures were cumbersome and the hardest thing to get used to. Comradery with fellow staff members made coming to work enjiyable. I would have enjoyed staying at job but budget cuts caused my position to be eliminated.