Lakehead University

Lakehead University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and oriented work place
Graduate assistant (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 5, 2015
peaceful and productive as well as enjoyable workplace. I earned a very good teaching experience and communication skills. I got my master degree and worked as an assistant professor.
Decent coworkers but management is disorganized
Research Assistant - Internship (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: learned lots, cool coworkers
Cons: low wage, short term contract
I learned a lot scientifically from my internship, and I am grateful for the opportunity, but it would have been better if they offered me some sort of deal with room and board. I had to move 3 hours from my hometown, find an apartment (which I couldn't afford), and show up for work within 3 days or I'd miss out on the job. It also took 6 weeks to pay me my first pay cheque.

For this commitment, I was only offered minimum wage, part time (35 hours weekly) with no chance of extra hours or overtime. I was also told mid way through my contract that I would not be paid for the 2 weeks of the holiday break.

Everything just seemed very rushed. The management cared more about themselves then about helping me out with this 'opportunity'. I could go on for hours about the broken management but I'll just leave it here.
good
Tutor (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONNovember 7, 2014
great place
learned how to tutor
good management
great coworkers
teaching
teachning
Neat
Marker (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 12, 2014
I enjoyed grading material that was relevant to my degree. I would recommend to any junior/senior student.
excellent people and place to work
Mechanic 3, Plumber/ HVAC (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, OntariioApril 24, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits
Cons: none so far
work on a smooth scale, not too rushed, well managed with staff on site.
a good university to study
MSc-Management (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 18, 2014
i loved my program, Master of science in Management,
i would recommend to other people
Enjoyable
Evolutionary Biology Intern (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONSeptember 17, 2013
The professor I worked for was very knowledgeable and I learn a lot from working for him. Would recommend this job to anyone looking for work while studying.
Was a good experience to me
Security Guard (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 26, 2013
Everything worked out good while I volunteered at the Lakehead
I loved the environment - the pace.
Communications Assistant - one year contract. (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 15, 2012
Pros: working in an environment where education is a priority.
Cons: very little support or communication from fellow staff members leaving me to work in a vacuum.
It was an honour for me to take this contract for the one year that the Office of Communications went through a huge transition. It was decided to split the department into two distinctly different departments, namely: Marketing Support and Media Relations. The reorganization required the best from me, handling all the nuances this huge endeavour would present. Once accomplished, it became apparent that the particular office dynamics would not be a healthy environment for me to remain. However, when pressed from all sides I remained principled, worked with integrity, and remained well able to handle the daily stresses of each new day.
Nice place to work.
Faculty of Engineering (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, OnAugust 26, 2012
GA job for Master student.

Tutoring for 3rd year engineering students.
Prepare and teach laboratory sessions.
Supervise tests and examinations.
Mark assignments and test papers.
Learning experience.
Teaching Assistant and Student Researcher (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJune 19, 2012
I was a teaching assistant for undergraduate students while doing my Masters degree.
Autonomia e bom suporte para se trabalhar na Universidade
Estagiário (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Na Universidade, o professor responsável pela pesquisa sempre deu suporte para esclarecimento e auxílios. Em um Domingo, um equipamento funcionava inaquadamente, prejudicando o funcionamento natural do sistema, e ele se dispôs a me ajudar na manutenção deste, mesmo com outros compromissos pessoais.

About Lakehead University

Lakehead University is a public research university in Thunder Bay, and Orillia, Ontario, Canada. Lakehead, shortened to 'Lakehead – Read more

Lakehead University Photos