Lake Louise Sport & Recreation Centre
Lake Louise Sport and Recreation Centre Director
There is an amazing opportunity available in the mountain community of Lake Louise, Alberta for a Sport and Recreation Director. The position reports to the Board of Directors and the successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operations and management of the Recreation Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of Centre programming, generation of revenue, and management of financial resources at the operational and capital level through the budget process. The Director is also responsible for grant applications and reporting.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in the field of recreation would be considered an asset
- Previous relevant work experience in the recreation field (3 – 4 years)
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Experience writing Grant applications would be an asset
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Demonstrated ability to develop mutually beneficial working relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Solid organizational and problem solving skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Work evenings and weekends in addition to a flexible schedule
- Ground and building maintenance
- Build and maintain beneficial community relationships
- Willingness to become a long term member of the Lake Louise Community
- Project a positive community image of the Sport & Recreation Centre and its objectives
The successful applicant will need to obtain a Criminal Records check along with a Vulnerable Sector check.
Salary and benefits for this full time year round position is negotiable based on experience and education. A three month probationary period applies where upon successful completion a further salary review may be considered.
Qualified candidates are invited to respond with a resume and cover letter prior to 4:30 pm 19 July 2013
We appreciate all interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.