Full-time position, Edmonton, Alberta
This position ensures that invoices are accurately charged to the correct job or general ledger code and payments to vendors are processed in a timely fashion and in accordance with company guidelines. Also, performs month end processing of accruals to ensure complete and accurate representation of the company’s financial liabilities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Process invoices by way of 3-way matching to proper documentation and receipts, or written authorization in the case of exceptions.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a monthly basis.
- Review of sub ledger to identify areas that require action or part of job close process to ensure settlement of debit amounts in vendor and subcontractor ledgers.
- Provide payable related reports as required.
- Maintain filing system for processed invoices.
- Inform supervisor of payable related issues that are in contravention of company policies or procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience and/or training in a related position.
- Familiar with procedures in accounts payable.
- Experience working independently and handling high volume work demands.
- Computer skills with preference in experience in SAP and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills required to resolve accounts payable issues.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with large quantities of invoices.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong sense of “Customer Service”.
- Information is entered into our SAP system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Vendors are paid accurately.
- Files are maintained in a current and accessible manner.
- Vendor statement reconciliations completed each month.
Location: 6707 59th Street NW, Edmonton, AB T6B 3P8.
Schedule: 7:30am to 4:00pm M-F (40hrs/week).
Environment: business casual, quiet work area.
Laird Electric Inc. offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates may apply noting position title in subject line, with resume, and wage expectations to the email address noted in the advert. Thank you to all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.