Lahey Health Behavioral Services

Lahey Health Behavioral Services Employee Reviews

Friendly Clinicians, terrible central scheduling!
Outpatient Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MA18 May 2017
Great, Friendly Clinicians.

Central Scheduling was terrible: too rigid, inflexible, it felt like one was working on a conveyor-belt manufacturing line when it came to seeing Clients.

Clinicians had no control over their daily/weekly schedules.
Poor Management. Poor leadership examples.
Senior Crisis Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA26 March 2017
This would be a good place to acquire skills from seasoned Clinicians, if this were allowed.
Management is sorely lacking in leadership, listening to the needs of staff and population served.
No appreciation for those who go the extra mile. Favoritism shown to those who do not, necessarily have a working knowledge of the Program.
New Clinicians lack proper training prior to being placed on shifts, alone causing a "back-up" in patient care.
Pros
Being allowed to work in the Emergency room.
Cons
Multiple
Administration is under educated
SENIOR CRISIS CLINICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA24 February 2017
Administration tends to overlook the work of those whom are most invested in population served.
Administration tends to attack those who do the most without complaint.
Administration could use Cultural Diversity training.
Pros
I love my job.
Cons
Administration could be more compassionate towards staff and population served.
used to be a good place to work...
professional staff (Former Employee) –  MA13 October 2015
Not sure what is going on here . Lots of staff and supervisors jumped ship, poor communication between departments, and between Mgmt. and staff, etc. Big changes were implemented, apparently with little thought of ramifications on staff, clients. Sadly, clients and patients are the one paying the highest price. It used to be a vibrant place with a good reputation. Morale has dropped sharply over last years, and with good cause. Unsure about how or if the organization will be able to turn things around.
Started off well, but has been going through changes
Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA18 September 2015
I enjoy working with the clients that are supplied, but the company has started taking ab it of a turn for the weird at the moment. It's a decent work environment, but not much space for growth in the level in which I am currently in.
Work with nice people
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA1 September 2015
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a good company to work for, they provide very good training and growth opportunities.
Experience Counts for Something
Relief House Counselor (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Mass22 August 2015
I have learned much as a House Counselor at Lahey Behavioral and the experience they have given me will serve me well at other like-minded career moves.
Worst place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA21 August 2015
Management is the worst. They dont consider or appreciate their good employee. They write you up for anything. Mind your business when working here a lot drama happens
Pros
Dont have to clock in, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Lunch breaks too short
Excellent setting in which to prepare for MA licensure
Behavioral Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MA11 August 2015
Lahey Health Behavioral Services provides holistic clinical treatment to an underserved population within the community. Utilizing a collaborative approach and developing treatment plans based rooted in evidence-based practice.
Nightmare job and irresponsible HR
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Danvers5 August 2015
Beware of 3 month trial period. Without need of a warning an employee can be terminated without cause, without an exit interview, and be asked to turn in keys without saying good-bye to clients or cleaning out his/her office. HR believed supervisor without speaking to employee or providing the opportunity for documentation of the contrary. HR took over three weeks to mail out COBRA details.

All my supervisor cared about was the perception of herself and the program and the paperwork. She gave little training on what she wanted and how to navigate the system. She wouldn't acknowledge improvements or clinical care. She minimized violence between clients and family members without filing incident reports.

Even the VP expected employees to work, quote, "50 hour work weeks if necessary" to complete work load, which I did several of. Real lunch breaks were frowned on, while multiple smoke breaks of other staff were the norm.

Lahey Health Behavioral Services favored profits over staff and clients.
Pros
I enjoyed providing therapy for the clients
Cons
Un-importance of therapy, Hr, management, unreasonable expectations, poor training...
productive work enviroment
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, ma22 July 2015
During my day at work, I make charts for new patients, I answer phones, I file charts, filing,data entry, among other tasks
I learned the importance of time management in order to complete all tasks in a timely manner
Management works as a team to help employees when needed in various situations
My co-workers are awesome to work with and are always willing to help me out if I need it
The hardest part of my job is ensuring all therapists have accurate updated files in order to efficiently help their patients
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my co-workers throughout the day
Look Elsewhere
grunt (Former Employee) –  North Shore22 April 2015
After more than a decade of service I was still at a very low salary, had had many supervisors who all made at least 30k more than me but who didn't understand at all what I did.
Expectations and productivity requirements were draconian.
They have eliminated all but the very basic of holidays. Paperwork was back breaking and lunch breaks non existent. Insurance costs very high, and changed carriers every year.
Office was not customer friendly and our office moved several times disruptive to customers and staff.
Use of sick time was penalized and raises unheard of except for when Lahey took over ( a plus for Lahey).
The company got rid of any sites that didn't make money without thought to where clients would go.
Profit driven, disregard for employee and disdain for clients.
Pros
the day I left
Cons
salary, slave driver-bosses, unreal expectations.
Great for the right person
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MA18 March 2015
Salaries are low and there is no room for advancement in admin. Work is rewarding and the admin staff is very nice. A great place to start your career!
Burnout City-Lahey Health Behavioral Services
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA28 January 2015
There is no room for improvement in the company, however, you get out what you put in. You can learn a lot from the clients, though, the treatment center is not part of Lahey Hospital-meaning they do not receive money from the hospital in support of the program and subsequently the pay is awful. There is a high turnover rate for employees and clients only stay for a week and wind up coming back over and over again because their length of stay is so short-they do not receive adequate treatment.
Pros
I don't even know.
Cons
A lot
Therapeutic Mentor
TT&S / Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MA27 January 2015
• Engage youth in weekly mentoring sessions in their community to work on personal and interpersonal development and skills and monitor progress.
• Communicate weekly with all collateral care providers, guardians, attend weekly supervision, and complete all required documentation and insurance authorizations.
• Assist In-Home Clinician with case management services and working with family toward identified treatment goals.
This position was a learning experience for me; however, did not meet my financial needs.
Therapeutic Training and Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MA22 January 2015
As a therapeutic training and support staff I was responsible for assisting clinical therapists in their intervention goals during In-home Therapy sessions with families in need.
Fee- for- Service opportunities to be a part of wrap- around family psychological services.
Therapeutic Training & Support/ Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MA18 November 2014
The supervisory leadership throughout my time at Lahey Behavioral has been great. I enjoy the work I do mentoring youth and providing support for the in-home therapist and the families we are working with.
Pros
good hourly salary, rewarding work
Cons
no benefits, variable schedule, taking work home
Rewarding and flexible workplace.
Case Manager/Discharge Planning (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MA14 October 2014
My typical day at work consisted of being out in the community advocating for my clients, and networking to continue to learn about any new resources that would benefit our program.

I learned that Case Managers make a lasting difference in the lives of others.

Our team consisted of the Program Director the Program Secretary and I was the Case Manager. We worked great together and assured our clients needs were met.

The hardest part of my job was knowing I could not blame myself when a client did not adhere to their service plan. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was making a difference in someone's life.
Lahey Health
In-home therapy clinician (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MA21 July 2014
Lahey Health Behavioral Services has some benefits. When it merged with Lahey, the company became less personal and more corporate.
efficient and highly organized
Intake Coordinator/Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  lawrence, ma16 July 2014
extremely busy, I work at a steady pace, but usually complete work in advance of the deadline

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7