Lahey Health Behavioral Services

Lahey Health Behavioral Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
used to be a good place to work...
professional staff (Former Employee), MAOctober 13, 2015
Not sure what is going on here . Lots of staff and supervisors jumped ship, poor communication between departments, and between Mgmt. and staff, etc. Big changes were implemented, apparently with little thought of ramifications on staff, clients. Sadly, clients and patients are the one paying the highest price. It used to be a vibrant place with a good reputation. Morale has dropped sharply over last years, and with good cause. Unsure about how or if the organization will be able to turn things around.
Work with nice people
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Lawrence, MASeptember 1, 2015
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a good company to work for, they provide very good training and growth opportunities.
Experience Counts for Something
Relief House Counselor (Current Employee), Ipswich, MassAugust 22, 2015
I have learned much as a House Counselor at Lahey Behavioral and the experience they have given me will serve me well at other like-minded career moves.
WORST PLACE
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lawrence, MAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: DONT HAVE TO CLOCK IN, BENEFITS
Cons: HOURS, LUNCH BREAKS TOO SHORT
MANAGEMENT IS THE WORST. THEY DONT CONSIDER OR APPRECIATE THEIR GOOD EMPLOYEE. THEY WRITE YOU UP FOR ANYTHING. MIND YOUR BUSINESS WHEN WORKING HERE A LOT DRAMA HAPPENS
Excellent setting in which to prepare for MA licensure
Behavioral Health Clinician (Current Employee), Haverhill, MAAugust 11, 2015
Lahey Health Behavioral Services provides holistic clinical treatment to an underserved population within the community. Utilizing a collaborative approach and developing treatment plans based rooted in evidence-based practice.
Nightmare job and irresponsible HR
Clinician (Former Employee), DanversAugust 5, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed providing therapy for the clients
Cons: Un-importance of therapy, HR, management, unreasonable expectations, poor training...
Beware of 3 month trial period. Without need of a warning an employee can be terminated without cause, without an exit interview, and be asked to turn in keys without saying good-bye to clients or cleaning out his/her office. HR believed supervisor without speaking to employee or providing the opportunity for documentation of the contrary. HR took over three weeks to mail out COBRA details.

All my supervisor cared about was the perception of herself and the program and the paperwork. She gave little training on what she wanted and how to navigate the system. She wouldn't acknowledge improvements or clinical care. She minimized violence between clients and family members without filing incident reports.

Even the VP expected employees to work, quote, "50 hour work weeks if necessary" to complete work load, which I did several of. Real lunch breaks were frowned on, while multiple smoke breaks of other staff were the norm.

Lahey Health Behavioral Services favored profits over staff and clients.
productive work enviroment
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Haverhill, maJuly 22, 2015
During my day at work, I make charts for new patients, I answer phones, I file charts, filing,data entry, among other tasks
I learned the importance of time management in order to complete all tasks in a timely manner
Management works as a team to help employees when needed in various situations
My co-workers are awesome to work with and are always willing to help me out if I need it
The hardest part of my job is ensuring all therapists have accurate updated files in order to efficiently help their patients
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my co-workers throughout the day
Look Elsewhere
grunt (Former Employee), North ShoreApril 22, 2015
Pros: the day I left
Cons: salary, slave driver-bosses, unreal expectations.
After more than a decade of service I was still at a very low salary, had had many supervisors who all made at least 30k more than me but who didn't understand at all what I did.
Expectations and productivity requirements were draconian.
They have eliminated all but the very basic of holidays. Paperwork was back breaking and lunch breaks non existent. Insurance costs very high, and changed carriers every year.
Office was not customer friendly and our office moved several times disruptive to customers and staff.
Use of sick time was penalized and raises unheard of except for when Lahey took over ( a plus for Lahey).
The company got rid of any sites that didn't make money without thought to where clients would go.
Profit driven, disregard for employee and disdain for clients.
Great for the right person
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee), Beverly, MAMarch 18, 2015
Salaries are low and there is no room for advancement in admin. Work is rewarding and the admin staff is very nice. A great place to start your career!
Burnout City-Lahey Health Behavioral Services
Case Manager (Current Employee), Tewksbury, MAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: i don't even know.
Cons: a lot
There is no room for improvement in the company, however, you get out what you put in. You can learn a lot from the clients, though, the treatment center is not part of Lahey Hospital-meaning they do not receive money from the hospital in support of the program and subsequently the pay is awful. There is a high turnover rate for employees and clients only stay for a week and wind up coming back over and over again because their length of stay is so short-they do not receive adequate treatment.
Therapeutic Mentor
TT&S / Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee), Haverhill, MAJanuary 27, 2015
• Engage youth in weekly mentoring sessions in their community to work on personal and interpersonal development and skills and monitor progress.
• Communicate weekly with all collateral care providers, guardians, attend weekly supervision, and complete all required documentation and insurance authorizations.
• Assist In-Home Clinician with case management services and working with family toward identified treatment goals.
This position was a learning experience for me; however, did not meet my financial needs.
Therapeutic Training and Support Staff (Former Employee), Beverly, MAJanuary 22, 2015
As a therapeutic training and support staff I was responsible for assisting clinical therapists in their intervention goals during In-home Therapy sessions with families in need.
Fee- for- Service opportunities to be a part of wrap- around family psychological services.
Therapeutic Training & Support/ Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee), Haverhill, MANovember 18, 2014
Pros: good hourly salary, rewarding work
Cons: no benefits, variable schedule, taking work home
The supervisory leadership throughout my time at Lahey Behavioral has been great. I enjoy the work I do mentoring youth and providing support for the in-home therapist and the families we are working with.
Rewarding and flexible workplace.
Case Manager/Discharge Planning (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAOctober 14, 2014
My typical day at work consisted of being out in the community advocating for my clients, and networking to continue to learn about any new resources that would benefit our program.

I learned that Case Managers make a lasting difference in the lives of others.

Our team consisted of the Program Director the Program Secretary and I was the Case Manager. We worked great together and assured our clients needs were met.

The hardest part of my job was knowing I could not blame myself when a client did not adhere to their service plan. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was making a difference in someone's life.
Lahey Health
In-home therapy clinician (Current Employee), Haverhill, MAJuly 21, 2014
Lahey Health Behavioral Services has some benefits. When it merged with Lahey, the company became less personal and more corporate.
efficient and highly organized
Intake Coordinator/Medical Interpreter (Former Employee), lawrence, maJuly 16, 2014
extremely busy, I work at a steady pace, but usually complete work in advance of the deadline
the best in-home program to work for
In-Home Therapy Clinician (Current Employee), BeverlyMay 12, 2014
Pros: supportive work environment, great supervisors, flexible work hours
Cons: lots of time spent driving (obviously)
All of the supervisors are awesome, helpful, and supportive. Co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable; there's a definite "team" vibe (weekly team meetings and 2 hours of group supervision a month). The FFS rate here is better than most other agencies offering IHT, the salaried rate is the standard $40,000/yr. The amount of paperwork is standard for the field, it's definitely not overwhelming. There are many IHT jobs out there (in MA) and I believe that this is one of the best programs to work in (far better than south bay, arbour, elliott, etc). The population served are families from all over the north shore and across the socioeconomic spectrum.
Experience, Diversity, Support, Adaptability
Case Manager (Current Employee), Haverhill, MAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: supervision, salaried positions
Cons: productivity quota
There is no typical day at work. In Home Therapy teams will work with identified children ages 4-22 in families of all cultures. I have learned to work in a Team, to quickly adapt to new situations and to work closely with Clinicians and follow their goals for the families. My co-workers are the best part of the job, I feel very supported and we have fun together despite the intense nature of the job. As a Therapeutic Training and Support Worker I assist Clinicians in In Home Therapy Sessions, attend meetings, court ect. with the families. The hardest part of the job is the productivity quota that must be filled each month.
All about filling a bed
RS (Current Employee), DanversJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: too many to list.
Been there for over 10 years. This is NOT about clients' welfare or their recovery from addiction. ANYTIME OF THE DAY, these young adults are watching tv, there is NO therapy or "treatment" going on at all! And the pay scale is menial and miserly. Upper management does not support the floor staff when there is a danger.

January 25, 2014

I agree! Worked for this company, as well years ago. And yes, you are right about everything. Therapy does not exist in this company.

good people and food there
Clinician, MED (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: bad administration people and cheap
Its an okay company to work for, but needs improvements. The management communication goes back on their word, and then does not follow through with what she says. people can be fake.
Employees