Lafarge Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Contact Person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2015
Everyone was really friendly. Management cared a lot about us.Good working atmosphere.
Ground guy
Grounds' person (seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2014
Work depending on the day can be easy or hard. My co-workers are good some days and bad other days.Management is good.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Professional
Safety Advisor (contract) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2014
Harris Rebar is a good union company with lots of work when its busy but they take on so much at one time when work runs out they can not keep all their guys
Pros
lots of work
Cons
lay-offs when work runs out
Hard Work, Good Pay
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton28 August 2014
Hard Work, Good Pay. Union Company, fast paced environment and seasonal, no snow removal
People were great to work with!
Ready Mix Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge5 June 2014
Delivery of concrete to work sites, very many different applications of concrete, the management was fantastic, co-workers were fantastic, hardest part of job was learning about the concrete, slumps, pouring, and the applications, everybody that trained me had the patience to teach me what I learned.
Pros
the pay
Sales/Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2014
I only worked for the summer, but I always felt welcomed by the employees there. I was given multiple opportunities to participate, and I was always given the training necessary.
Engineer, Project Management
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2014
maintaining daily operations, provide engineering designs, continuous improvements in plant processes, and provide preventative maintenance within the plant, update ISO systems, budgeting and purchasing equipments. Maintain inventory and hands-on experience with plant equipments. learn various operations components of the company business. management and co-workers are good to work with. hardest part of the job is dealing with the environment (cold and hot condition), enjoy all aspects of work.
Pros
Fun learning
Cons
weather
great group of workers
Welder (Former Employee) –  Manitoulin, ON11 December 2013
good group of workers and easy to get the job done, fun to work
Great working and rewarding experience
Product Development Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2013
This job is a very rewarding and challenging job. The benefits are great and the knowledge you learn is like no other, but it is a challenge, and requires a bright hard working individual.
Pros
Great experience and knowledge
Cons
Challenging
average day
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 November 2013
During my day at Lafarge, I was one to work in many different area of the company. I would pick up parts and delivery them for the shop and for the gravel pit. I would do data entry from the work orders. I would even do the bank depositing if need be. Run equipment or testing gravel or concrete
Pros
learning new things
Cons
never knowing where i would be from day to day

Want to know more about Lafarge?

Ask a question
Seasonal work
Powder and Water Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton and surrounding areas24 October 2013
operate cement powder truck. Dropping powder on new road base. When done I ll work with the crew running packer water truck or shovel in hand. I have 1.5 seasons with this job so far
Pros
good hrs 12-14 hrs per day 6 -days a week
Cons
seasonal
Informative and fun place to work
771D Quarry Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield Nova Scotia22 April 2013
Overall it was a good place to work. They made sure the employees got the trainjng they needed to do the job and do it safely. The people I worked with took their job seriously, but also had fun doing it. Working at lafarge for 31 years allowed me to live a very comfortable life while learning some of the skills I have to offer you.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 March 2013
Load and deliver concrete to various job sites, batch loads and maintain aggregate silo's.
Pros
great environment
Cons
long days
you will regret working at the saskatoon terminal
used to work at here (Former Employee) –  saskatoon30 October 2012
In the 5 years there has been 5 different managers not one of them staying longer than two years. It a lose lose situation. The last manager there relocated from Ontario and had 31 years with the company and they didn't even acknowledge him when he resigned not even a phone good luck in the future just a hang up of the phone. There is lots of issues with the equipment and limited budget to do anything your constantly having to stay late and fix the cyclonaire as rail demerge piles up. On average i would say the you would need to put in 10 to 12 hours to accomplish the office work and outside work that they expect from the manager. It is very poorly managed from the top and is currently losing all its experienced employees cause of that. This is first hand but if someone is up for challlenge this is a real challenge.
Pros
average salary, great salesman
Cons
long hours, constant reshuffling of schedule, lots of maintenance
anyone looking for a secure job and good place to work, stay far away from Lafarge as posible
mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 June 2012
unless you are willing to put Lafarge ahead of all else includiing your familly stay away. I worked overtime every day no questions asked and when asked to work on schedualed day off, no problem except you have previous plans and said you would try to come in and end up not. get fired instantly no verbal or written warnings. unless you bend to their needs your toast
Pros
good as long as you do every thing they want
Cons
forced to do overtime on days off or else fired
travail tres demandant
Mélangeur de ciment (Former Employee) –  Chambly, QC16 August 2016
environnement tres chaud l'été, travail stressant ,Nous devons faire des recettes par ordinateur s'ajuster constamment a la temperature toujours vérifier tous les recettes et la quantité d'eau sinon on scrappe la recette faire en sorte qui ne manque jamais de ciment sur le convoyeur c'est tres physique aller chercher le ciment avec lift pour ne jamais en manquer nous devons toujours prevoir et etre tres miticuleux et etre constamment concentré.
Pros
on apprend beaucoup et le temps passe vite car on arrete jamais
Cons
la chaleur et le stress
pleasant working environment
Concrete Finisher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2015
i have awesome co-workers, always there to help in case of issues and give tips about work to progress fast.