Lafarge Employee Reviews

bbq music
Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 June 2017
pre/post trip walk around unit make sure unit is ready an safe for the day. do paper work to be ready for a fast paced environmental busy day. see dispatch an safety personnel for todays ruloes an regulations on where the work is an what material they need.
good place to work
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
Overall Lafarge is a good place to work. Better structural organization and communication from the top down would help improve your ability to do your job
Pros
good pay, overall good place to work
Cons
lack of communication
Short term job with seasoned workers
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albian Oil Sands30 March 2017
Escort semis onto site that were delivering precast concrete
Inspect all precast that was delivered.
Monitor workers for safety and behavior
Complete all paper work and file. Meet with the clients for reports and stats
Order and maintain all safety equipment.
Conduct orientations and all incident investigations
Pros
Ride up to camp Safe place to work Great work schedule
Cons
Very shosrt term No room for advancement
Good company
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
I enjoyed my time at Lafarge and I wish I could have stayed longer. So much to learn, and the employees are pretty friendly and easy to get along with.
Very professional employer
GCA safety coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
I was employed with Lafarge for over 3 years and found it to be one of the most fulfilling places to work. I was planning to retire from Lafarge after a long employment with them.

My manager was the best boss I ever worked for and my co workers were very team oriented.

Unfortunately, I was laid off due to an apparent overstaffing issue in my department.
Fun summer job that offers lots of variation
Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
My job consisted of general labour and highway maintenance. I worked on a summer student crew that ran from April to September. We used different lawn machines and tools. I learned a lot about working with other people and working as a team. My supervisor was helpful in his explanations.
The hardest part of the job was working around people who weren't necessarily wanting to work as hard as was expected.
The most enjoyable part was being able to work with friends and in the outdoors. I also enjoyed learning new things and pushing myself out of my comfort zone.
Great company to work for!
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB15 September 2016
one of the best jobs I have ever had, the benefits were absolutely amazing as well as the work atmosphere! the people I worked with her fantastic and the wage was very substansial
Pros
good crew
Cons
dirty
travail tres demandant
Mélangeur de ciment (Former Employee) –  Chambly, QC16 August 2016
environnement tres chaud l'été, travail stressant ,Nous devons faire des recettes par ordinateur s'ajuster constamment a la temperature toujours vérifier tous les recettes et la quantité d'eau sinon on scrappe la recette faire en sorte qui ne manque jamais de ciment sur le convoyeur c'est tres physique aller chercher le ciment avec lift pour ne jamais en manquer nous devons toujours prevoir et etre tres miticuleux et etre constamment concentré.
Pros
on apprend beaucoup et le temps passe vite car on arrete jamais
Cons
la chaleur et le stress
Productive Learning Experience
Lead Hand Labourer (Former Employee) –  Exshaw, AB26 July 2016
A typical day at work would be doing general labour and spotting for heavy equipment. I learned a lot of things such as, Spotting, operating a skid steer, how to grade an area, how to delegate to my team. My management team was very helpful in teaching me new things and getting the job done safely and efficiently. My co-workers were alright, the only problem I hard personally was being the lead hand/ foreman of guys that are all 20+ years older than me. Once we dealt with that everything went smoothly. The hardest part of my job would have to be working shorthanded under a deadline, but the easiest way to get through that is give it 110%. The most enjoyable part of my job would have been getting to learn how to operate some of the equipment as well as being the lead hand.
Pros
4 days on 4 off, Long shifts, Overtime
a
Intern studentGeological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2016
An interesting work environment .
Different type of work, field and office work. Visiting a lot of sites in different cities.

Want to know more about Lafarge?

Ask a question
Fun work plave lots to learn
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  FSJ27 April 2016
Great place to work. There is lots to learn if you are willing to work hard. Work/ personal life is a little unbalanced but overall great place to work.
Professional and good company to work for.
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2016
Proper training was done.
Clean and professional environment.
Good benefits
Co-workers were very nice
It was busy during the summer and when the weather was not bad.
Enjoyed the children Christmas party
Machine Operator (Hawkeye/Vibromac) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
Great place to work, very safety oriented. The company is a little top heavy, felt like too many cooks in the kitchen. Left during the recent drops in economy, was having issues getting my proper Union negotiated wage for my position.
Fun place to work
Asphalt plant operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2015
Fun and productive place to work at. No job security though...There were lots of hours of work day and night. good place to be if you want to practice on your zoom boom and loader skills.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
long work hours
Fun,Healthy and safe
Labourer/Finisher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2015
We work as a team or crew, each of us have different jobs that needs to be done in a day if we can. We all work together to get the job done. I learned a lot from Lafarge for example using cranes, finishing concrete, using lots of tools that i never use before. Other than that before everyone starts working you need to fill up Field Level Risk Assessment ( FLRA ) which identify your tools or PPE or Personal Protective Equipment that you will need to use for your task or job on that day always safety first. Management is good we get our 8hrs or more each day and they give us lots of free stuff like sweaters, t-shirt ,fun activities and we get 2 weeks paid vacation base on seniority you can get more in a year. Hardest part of the job is the Layoff, when theres no job and order. The most enjoyable part was the activities they put in anyone in lafarge can join and your family.
Pros
Rushing the job
Cons
Layoff
pleasant working environment
Concrete Finisher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2015
i have awesome co-workers, always there to help in case of issues and give tips about work to progress fast.
Lots of Hours, Great Experience, Great Wage, Nice Machines
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB8 April 2015
I loved working for Lafarge. I was operating machinery that I love to operate and there was always room to get on another piece of machinery. 12 hour days 6-7 days a week so the money was great. I love to operate machinery and that's what Lafarge provided. Great benefits and stocks too. Loved the people and the management.
Pros
always on machinery doing what i love to do
Good place to work if you don't mond getting dirty.
Electrical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Exshaw, AB1 March 2015
Working at Lafarge in a cement plant is a dusty job and it is very important that you follow Lafarge's guidlines to keep your resperatory system protected. The local management are very welcoming and freindly. Communication issues are present and the efficiency of the maintenace planning could use some work. This being said I would recomend lafarge to anyone that is looking for a secure and happy place to work as long as you can handle working in a very dated process are. To lafarges credit the are always looking for ways to make the plant more safe and less impactive on the enviroment and surrounding community.
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
Low salary compared to local cost of living.
Good working environment
Contact Person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2015
Everyone was really friendly. Management cared a lot about us.Good working atmosphere.
Ground guy
Grounds' person (seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2014
Work depending on the day can be easy or hard. My co-workers are good some days and bad other days.Management is good.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours