Quality Control Technician, Precast
To provide systematic monitoring and record keeping of the various stages of precast concrete production as it relates to quality. This includes, but is not limited to, compliance with CSA, CPCI, and PCI standards, applicable job specifications, and internal Quality plant standards and procedures.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions of the Position:
- Analyze shop drawings in comparison with production facility pre-pour set-ups. Review job specifications and drawing requirements with the QA/QC Manager and the Engineering Department.
- Prepare and complete the necessary inspection forms for each specific job being monitored.
- Perform testing of plastic and cured concrete and record all related information.
- Perform sieve analysis of sand and aggregate materials.
- Perform concrete density tests.
- Evaluate concrete mix design performance and consult QA/QC Manager for necessary adjustments.
- Monitor all externally purchased and fabricated materials for quality as they are received (i.e.: cement, aggregate, admixtures, strand, reinforcing, miscellaneous iron, bearing pads, etc.) before and during placement into products.
- Perform post-pour reviews of all products and provide a Quality Control sign off indicating the product is released for shipment.
- Report all non-conformance issues to the QA/QC Manager and write necessary Non-Conformance Reports.
- Compile all relevant Quality Control documentation as required by job specifications and generate Quality turn-over packages for the client.
- Monitor and record all relevant plant procedures as outlined in the Precast System Manual.
- Attend per-job fabrication meetings as a Quality representative.
- Position is largely based in a live production facility where safety work-wear is required at all times.
Relationships with Other Deparments:
- Direct report to QA/QC Manager.
- Member of the Engineering Department; will work in conjunction with Engineering staff to perform internal testing, quality checks, and provide Quality documents to Project Management as needed.
- Work alongside production staff to provide a quality product.
Education & Work Experience
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent experience in Quality Control systems; concrete testing and construction background preferred.
- Member of the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET); preferred though not required.
- ACI certification recommended.
- PCI Level 2 certification recommended.
Knowledge and Skills
- Math and measurement skills. Proficiency in both imperial and metric measurement systems is an asset.
- Computer skills required; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to learn additional site specific software programs.
- Ability to read blueprint shop drawings.
- Fundamental understanding of concrete properties is an asset.
Please respond to add or fax 780-465-6443
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
Lafarge Precast is one of the largest producers of precast concrete in Western Canada with four precast manufacturing facilities.