Lafarge North America Employee Reviews

LAFARGE
Mechanical Inspector (Current Employee) –  Bath, ON29 June 2015
At Lafarge you can be who you want.

You can discover and learn about the cement making process. The training provided is a huge help.

As long as you work hard and apply yourself you will do great.
friendly place to work , slow in winter , busy rest of year
Weighmaster Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON8 January 2015
I work very well in team of four , I also work independently . I answer phones and direct calls.Working on a computer, I file papers and fix any problems that customers have via email and by phone. My main job is being involved with truck drivers and weighing them in and out of the quarry . I am able to multitask . Management are a good team and keep us up to date with any changes . The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the vast amount of people that I come into contact throughout my day . The hardest part is dealing with the slow times during the off season , when we are quiet
Pros
fast paced
Cons
short hours in winter
Everyday work at Lafarge
Shop and Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba23 June 2014
Exciting place to work, Could be very busy or very slow due to weather.
Very nice place to work, like anywhere there are changes to meet each day.
Management is pretty understanding with any personal commitments (family, appointments and sports activities)
Transportation (trucks) break downs. Especially when were very busy. The increased stress of truck demand and the inability to supply more trucks, makes for a long day
Family feel, You feel like part of the family and everyone will pitch in to help in any way
Pros
Understanding of everyday issues (good or bad)
Cons
Some cases can be to ridged
Productive and fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford BC19 December 2013
Loading trucks, dealing with customers, excavating, driving trucks, guiding trucks at the dumpsite with dozer, road building, teaching others.
Pros
excellent wages and lots of overtime
Cons
no coffeee or lunch breaks
Great place, Great people
Concrete Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 December 2013
Lafarge is an excellent place to work. Great benefits, great pay, but long hours(all worth it in the long run $$$)
Asphalt Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2013
My typical day is a busy day which i love, my co workers are good people to work for.
The working environment is very friendly.
CAS Specialist (Cash Application) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2013
This is fast phased company that you need to finish your application in a timely manner.
Pros
Social committee's program
A good working environment with my peers who had the highest integrity
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN19 March 2013
Working at Lafarge was most enjoyable when I was able to interact with customers and my sales staff. With the downturn in the US economy that part of my job was significantly reduced with a more internal focus.
Pros
autonomy in day to day management
Cons
very bureaucratic at times
Overall a good company to work for
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Bath, ON8 January 2013
Enjoyed my time there interning for different departments. Anyone who enjoys industrial settings will like it.
Pros
friendly work environment
Admin (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2012
Lafarge is great for taking care of their people, the only downfall is that you usually get laid off for the winter due to the nature of the business.
Fun, growing company
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Woodstock/Mississauga, ON27 August 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Lafarge, and continue to look back on great times and good people. I worked for a Cement plant and at the head office during my time with the company. Both locations had gereat, intelligent people and a good team culture. I regret leaving the company, but I had a lengthy commute and that drove my decision.

The company takes care of it's employees. When the plant I worked at closed, nearly every staff member was offered a job at other plants within the organization, myself included. Even some of the hourly employees were offered jobs, the company paying moving expenses to bring people to the other side of the country. I felt safe the entire time I worked with Lafarge.

The company takes training and coaching very seriously. I didn't ever feel like i wasn't properly informed of my duties, or that I didn't have good istruction on any task I was given. There were a number of opportunities to go outside my standard job description and increase my visability with the organization. Looking back, I really wish I could get back into the organization, and would jump at the opportunity.
Very results focused company
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Exshaw, AB29 June 2012
Began as a labourer straight out of high school and through their career advancement opportunities, have learned all aspects of mining manufacturing industry. For the most part, co-workers are like family. Hardest part of the job is seeing what was a small Canadian company become a huge multi national conglomerate and all of the necessary "corporate" decisions over "employee" needs that results from massive expansion.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
became impersonal
Amazing company
IT Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 April 2012
My many years with Lafarge have been and happy and enjoyable one, the people are wonderful and the work has always been challenging.
Pros
wonderful environment
Cons
no cons
Manager is Great,as well as the plant supervisor, Great environment
Dispatcher/Batcher/Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 April 2012
I would open and close the plant when needed,I dispatch/batched concrete booked deliveries,took orders,customer questions and concerns.Work environment is great ,co-workers are awesome.BBQ's in the summer,Great Hams at christmas.I really cant say enough about working at Lafarge
Pros
lots of work hours
Cons
only seasonal work
Environnement de travail irrugulier
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  terebonne8 May 2015
souvent on sait a quel heure on commence le matin meme
les opportunites ├ętait quand meme limite soit a un job de bureau ou
devenir inspecteur.
mes collaborateur ├ętait bien
je dirai les longues heures d attente parfois
Il est agreable de travailler a l exterieur par de belle journee
hypocrite
Vaudreuil (QC) (Former Employee) –  vaudreuil dorion12 June 2012
toujours sur appel apres 1ans 4 heure par jour de travail soit le matin ou l apres midi
Pros
salaire
Cons
aucun respet