Lafarge Canada

Lafarge Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
probuctive and great place to work
confinsher / form setter (Former Employee), calgary, abJuly 19, 2015
Pros: the workers i work with
Cons: long hours
I'm very hard working and show up on time. do my work as fast as I can. willing to work long hours till the job is done. had great co-workers working with me . I learn how to do the job fast and right. spending most of the day kneeing beside the forms the hardest part. most enjoyable part good people to work with.
good work culture and friendly team work
Project Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 17, 2015
We start the day with a review of our tool box, schedule work according to project plan. Work are done as a team under a team lead, and under a foreman.Management meetings are held bi-weekly were we present performance report. The hardest part of the work is during initiation when we are trying to develop the project plan. The most enjoyable part is when we meet our project objective
New Bosses
Administrative Assistant / Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 10, 2015
If you like change it's a good place to work, but over the 13 years I had 11 new bosses which is tiring having to prove yourself and adjust to a new personality and work habits.

Though I loved the challenges in the work I did.
This company was a good place to work.
loader operator - plant operator (Former Employee), Abbotsford BCMarch 4, 2015
This company was good to work for. Had a lot of good people there. I was very young when I started working there, the people that I worked with helped me improve my work skills a lot. I loaded a lot of trucks and worked feeding gravel in to the wash plant. I all so stockpiled the gravel that came off the wash plant. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendship of the workers.
HARD WORK
(AZ) Concrete Truck Operato (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Efficient company, long hours working some weekend work and out of city limits. Focused on safety and indepent and team work. enjoyed summer BBQ
Great Opportunity
E-One Project Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Concord, ONJanuary 9, 2015
I worked at Lafarge on a contract basis. I enjoyed working here because I learned new computer programs, met some wonderful people, and was able to travel to other Lafarge locations in Canada.
Safety conscious & challenging place to work
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great team to work; modern construction facilities & modern plant technology
Cons: winter working conditions; wind delays, short work days during winter, no real estate available, etc
Lafarge Canada is a very good place to work with. However, challenges are limited and once your job is completed there is no career planning or future.

During the project it was very challenging for construction with many restraints & constraints related to real estate availability, storage of parts, winter working conditions, etc. The management & team was great to work with to complete the job. Everyday was a new challenge for construction but we always learned something new and gained experience out of it.
Production Supervisor (Yard) (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONDecember 28, 2014
My typical day at work would be going in and see what needed to be done and then organizing work crews to do the jobs . At this job i learned leardedship skills and how to delagate .The management and my co-workers were both understanding and helpful.The hardest part of the job was to make sure every job was carried out safely as most areas were hard to get at.But most enjoyable and rewarding part was at the end of day and ever one was safe and sound.
Excellent place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton AlbertaDecember 3, 2014
Good job excellent place to work , great safety standards. all employees are as team to make the daily job a safe and happy workplace
Fun work environment
Labourer (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 9, 2014
Physically demanding, long hours but fun atmosphere. Management is a little unorganized.
Excellent employer
Financial Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto.ONJuly 19, 2014
Pros: excellent work culture
Cons: nothing
1)Excellent work culture
2)Team work
3)Excellent resources
Fun, independent work environment, lots of employee appreciation
Weighmaster (Former Employee), Caledon, OntarioDecember 3, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Lafarge, I would go back any day!!
Productive and funn work place
Lead Hand/Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2013
Cons: long hours
Lafarge is a good company to work for they pay little bit less then others but its good company to work for
Great people & busy environment
Ready Mix Driver (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: paid lunches, night shift available & overtime. great christmas party.
Cons: winter months slows business & makes for a very slow season from november to may.
A good job when busy & weather permits but slows down in winter to the point you need a winter job.
i can not say, if that is ok.
Machine Operator/Welder (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2013
i would really like not to say. under my observation there is no chance for advancment or bettering yourself as a employee.
producvtive
Concrete Mason/Finisher (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: safety
Cons: lack of communication
Good stepping stone to a bigger opportunity. Worked for a lafarge twice. Once in Alberta, another in b.c. Good wages, good team mates, just no room for growth in the safety field.
Great Benefits
REDI-MIX DRIVER (Current Employee), Red Lake, ONJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: no regular hours and sporadic work schedules
Overall a good company to work for. Very safety conscience but hours are all over the place.
Collections Clerk (Former Employee), Concord, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Daily updates for all contract work coming due. Reconcile old accounts to ensure payments applied correctly.
long days at work
maintenance (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 5, 2012
Pros: get done fridays around 4
Cons: long hours 13 14 hour days sometimes
a typical day at work for me is sitting in a rock truck hauling stone. i learned a lot about crushers and cone crushers i work in a some what of a good work place not the best
Overall great company to work for
Terminal Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2012
Pros: top benefits/wages
Cons: work/life balance, long hours
Over 5 years employed full time, mostly satisfactory during the aforementioned duration depending on which division employed in, and management personnel employees are associated with or interacting with
Headquarters