Position: Production Shift Supervisor
Location: Bath, Ontario (proximity to City of Kingston, Ontario)
Supervisor’s Title: Production Coordinator
Date: March 2013
Salary grade: 13
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead and coordinate the Production Team in production of clinker and cement in accordance with the safety, environmental, quality and quantity objective for the Bath Cement plant to meet budgeted requirements and customer needs.
- Responsible for taking all measures to ensure that Production personnel work in a manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and plant safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Taking the lead in the investigation and follow-up of incidents and/or near miss incidents.
- Ensuring that safety meetings are held as per established guidelines and that those meetings are effective. Attend such meetings as per established guidelines.
- Responding to, if required and appropriate, and following-up on safety concerns brought forward from the group.
- Conducting safety related inspections of work areas as per established guidelines.
- Advising workers of the existence of any potential or actual danger to the health or safety of the worker of which he is aware.
- Taking every precaution reasonable in the circumstance for the protection of a worker.
- Protect the plant’s equipment and maximize its utilization and reliability.
- Produce the forecasted quantities and quality of raw mix, clinker and cement minimizing con-compliance.
- Ensure that all environmental guidelines are followed and complied with.
- Maintain accurate records relating to kiln, cooler and chains installation.
- Make sure that all control parameters of the lab, the control room and the field are met.
- Coordinate and facilitate key decision making and problem solving with the team when dealing with mechanical, electrical, process, quality, productivity or manpower related problems.
Plant annual capacity: 1,000,000 mt
Direct reports (Hourly): 4
- Meet the forecasted production of clinker and cement within the production budget
- Meet the quality objectives for raw mix, clinker and cement.
- Ensure cooperation and teamwork within the production teams.
- Administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement in a fair, firm, and consistent manner. Provide grievance counseling as required.
- Promote good relations and communication between the maintenance and production departments.
- Coordinate training for the production employees.
- Ensure productivity, housekeeping and quality of work standards are maintained within the production department.
- Aim to achieve 98% reliability on all major pieces of equipment.
- Achieve personal and departmental goals.
- Perform the duties of the Production Coordinator in his absence.
- Represent the production department when coordinating and organizing the teams work with other departments.
- Provide leadership and ensure communication within a team environment to achieve the production objectives.
- Report on the team’s shift activities and observations, safety meetings and production level.
- Member of the production on-call system.
- Complete the weekly payroll for the production teams.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or Technologist or relevant plant experience
- At least three years cement manufacturing experience or other manufacturing/production experience..
- Excellent Knowledge of the cement technology and manufacturing process
- Excellent leadership ability and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact with plant and regional personnel.
- Ability to work on many tasks at the same time while keeping excellent organizational skills.
- Very strong computer skills.
- Strong communicator (both oral & written).
- Highly motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving organizational and personal goals.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment (co-workers, suppliers, etc.).
The incumbent will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
Indeed - 22 months ago