Position: Electrical & Systems supervisor Incumbent:
Reports to: Maintenance manager
Hay Grade: 13
Location: St-Constant cement plant
Date: Mars 2013
To oversee and coordinate the electrical and systems maintenance of a cement plant.
The prime objective of the Electrical & Systems Supervisor is to assure that all plant electrical equipment is maintained in the most reliable and cost effective manner possible through effective coaching of the electrical personnel and assisting in the coordinating the electrical maintenance department activities with all other departments.
- To serve as a role model in the areas of safety, environmental stewardship, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, and continuous improvement to ensure alignment with the company’s vision and critical success factors.
- Ensure the safe and effective operation of the electrical unit.
- Coordination of the electrical department schedule and support all electrical activities both daily and during shutdowns.
- Schedule and supervise on a daily basis electrical and systems personnel or contractors based upon the needs of the plant.
- Execute and enhance the electrical PM/PPM program.
- Manage all activities associated with the plant's distributed control system and the kiln/mill automation system
- Administrator for the plant server, LAN and PC support
- Validate work orders for significant repairs (in terms of cost and technique)
- Review priorities assigned to work orders and all planned activities
- Ensure the planned inspection of all plant equipment and initiate work orders based on inspection results, including safety checks
- Validate and update equipment specification files and history sheets
- Ensure that all the necessary materials are available for the planned operations & meet the required quantity and quality
- Prepare time and cost estimates for work orders and jobs to optimize resource utilization
- Aids in the analysis and elimination of causes of repeat problems
- Development of daily and shutdown schedules via the use of MS Project and Maximo. Ensure that all work, including shutdowns, are carried out with clear objectives, in a logical sequence, and are including time and manpower estimates. These timelines are to be updated regularly to reflect the work in progress and to serve as benchmarks for future work.
- Provide a work environment that promotes individual growth.
- Ensure the management of individual performance
- Effectively coach all electrical personnel in general. Be a facilitator.
- Provide production personnel competent direction and updates regarding any queries pertaining to plant equipment maintenance.
- Assist in setting departmental objectives.
- Contribute to spares stock optimization (in co-operation with the other departments)
- Contributes to finding solutions for isolated incidents and daily work requests.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
The electric and systems supervisor oversees maintenance activities throughout different areas of the plant such as production, process and quality, and management, as often as the support and expertise is required.
The incumbent must also support and participate in the development or improvement of various projects at the plant and interacts with all plant employees.
Plant annual capacity: 1,000,000mt
Annual department budget: 600,000$ to 800,000$
Staff reports: 8
Total department personnel: 43
- Provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Supervise the electronic technicians.
- Administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement in a fair, firm, and consistent manner. Provide grievance counseling as required.
- Ensure that electrical activities comply with all legislated regulations and corporate policies.
- Promote good relations and communication between the electrical maintenance and production departments.
- Promote good plant moral, housekeeping, and safe working conditions.
- Ensure productivity, housekeeping and quality of work standards are maintained within the electrical maintenance department.
- Aim to achieve 98% reliability on all major pieces of equipment.
- Achieve personal and departmental goals.
- Participate in the plant “On-Call” system.
- Develop and review safe Standard Operating Procedures for repair of electrical equipment.
- Complete maintenance related jobs according to the highest standards of safety, efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensures drawings and files are updated after modifications
- Engineering degree or equivalent
Experience and skills set:
- Instrumentation and System Control knowledge and/or experience
- Good communication skills
- Good team building skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong computer literacy with various software programs
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective follow-up skills
- Cement operating experience (would be an asset)
- Department management experience in multiple areas
Job-SpSpecific Competency Profile (Lominger):
- Action Oriented
- Customer focus
- Timely decision making
- Functional/technical areas
- Priority setting
- Problem solving
To apply please go to website: http://bit.ly/W17Dm4
Indeed - 23 months ago
Lafarge Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in aggregates, asphalt, cement, concrete pipe, pre-cast concrete, ready-mix...