Title: Electrical Supervisor
B.U./Level: Eastern Canada
Location: Bath, Ontario (Proximity to Kingston, Ontario)
Supervisor’s Title: Electrical & Systems Coordinator
Date: Mars 2013
Salary grade: 12
The prime objective of the Electrical Supervisor is to assure that all plant electrical equipment is maintained in the most reliable and cost effective manner possible through effective coaching of the electrical personnel and assisting in the coordinating the electrical maintenance department activities with all other departments.
- To serve as a role model in the areas of safety, environmental stewardship, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, and continuous improvement to ensure alignment with the company’s vision and critical success factors.
- Ensure the safe and effective operation of the electrical unit.
- Assist with the coordination of the electrical department schedule and support all electrical activities both daily and during shutdowns.
- Assist in the development of daily and shutdown schedules via the use of MS Project and Maximo. Ensure that all work, including shutdowns, are carried out with clear objectives, in a logical sequence, and are including time and manpower estimates. These timelines are to be updated regularly to reflect the work in progress and to serve as benchmarks for future work.
- Schedule and supervise on a daily basis electrical personnel or contractors based upon the needs of the plant.
- Provide a work environment that promotes individual growth.
- Ensure the management of individual performance
- Effectively coach all electrical personnel in general. Be a facilitator.
- Provide production personnel competent direction and updates regarding any queries pertaining to plant equipment maintenance.
- Assist in setting departmental objectives.
- Execute and enhance the electrical PM/PPM
- Provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Supervise the electronic technicians.
- Administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement in a fair, firm, and consistent manner. Provide grievance counseling as required.
- Ensure that electrical activities comply with all legislated regulations and corporate policies.
- Promote good relations and communication between the electrical maintenance and production departments.
- Promote good plant moral, housekeeping, and safe working conditions.
- Ensure productivity, housekeeping and quality of work standards are maintained within the electrical maintenance department.
- Aim to achieve 98% reliability on all major pieces of equipment.
- Achieve personal and departmental goals.
- Participate in the plant “On-Call” system.
- Develop and review safe Standard Operating Procedures for repair of electrical equipment.
- Complete maintenance related jobs according to the highest standards of safety, efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensures drawings and files are updated after modifications
Relationships with Others’ Jobs:
The Electrical Supervisor reports to the Electrical & Systems Coordinator. The Licensed Electricians and Electronic Technicians report to the Electrical Supervisor
- Certified Electrical Technologist, or Certified Electrical Technician, combined with significant knowledge of Electrical/Power Distribution, Controls, and automation
- Good understanding of safety hazards present in industrial plant and electrical environments
- Heavy industrial experience
- Good working knowledge and understanding of HV power distribution systems, high voltage and electrical equipment maintenance
- Industrial experience. Journeymen ticket required
- Familiarity with industrial instrumentation and process gas analyzers
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques (Statistical Process Control, Root Cause Failure Analysis, etc.)
- Familiarity with, and proficiency in, computer applications such as CMMS, MS Word / Excel, Lotus notes Strong communicator (both oral & written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact with plant personnel.
- Highly motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving organizational and personal goals.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment (co-workers, suppliers, etc.)
- Well organized and systematic.
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
Plant Capacity: 1,000,000mt
Hourly Reports 7
Indeed - 2 years ago
Lafarge Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in aggregates, asphalt, cement, concrete pipe, pre-cast concrete, ready-mix...