* All applications must be sent through Lafarge career website:
applications sent through indeed will not be considered *
The Lafarge Dispatcher is an excellent team player and utilizes their strong organization and communication skills to coordinate customers, truck drivers, front-ends and the sales team. The dispatcher works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude and motivating the team. The ideal candidate negotiates order commitments with customers, optimizes the delivery schedule and follows up to ensure deliveries are “On-Time, In-Full, Hassle Free”.
The Dispatcher works closely with management to develop next generation tools and processes that make us the supplier of choice. Dispatch is an evolving department and the ideal candidate is comfortable with change and technology and will bring new ideas to the department.
- Receive and process orders
- Make delivery commitments
- Roster trucks
- Schedule deliveries
- Monitor order progress and record performance
- Engage Sales Team for service decisions and customer priority
- Support shipping locations with scheduling
- Order Accuracy
- Delivery Fulfillment %
- Truck utilization
- Fleet size and composition targets
- Minimize scheduling conflicts
- Transparent order commitments with customers
- A minimum of 2+ years post secondary education with relevant work experience.
- Or a minimum of 2+ years of experience in logistics.
- Computer knowledge
- Product and industry knowledge an asset
- English proficiency; fluent in other languages an asset
- Work closely with 5 team mates
- Manage delivery of 4M tones per year and $30 Million dollars of revenue
- Coordinate delivery from 15 shipping locations
- Team manages approximately 350 calls/day
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Managing diversity
- Functional/Technical Skills
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.