The HR Development Manager works as a business partner with line managers in the development of human capital plans and strategy. The incumbent will support the HR Development Director and line managers with identifying key HR issues and developing action plans to support the business objectives.
Health & Safety:
- Strong leadership & operational support of the Health & Safety Program ensuring full compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Supports the HR Development Director through implementation of HR strategy to assure appropriate employee resources are available to achieve planned results. Works with line managers to identify and resolve organizational issues that impact the attainment of business objectives.
- Responsible for coordinating performance management activities for the business such as IDP, annual performance appraisal, annual bonus & merit increase processes, staffing, learning and development, compliance and employee/labor relations.
- Support development activities for all employees in assigned market areas.
- Assists line managers in addressing employee performance issues and providing consultative support as required.
- Engages line managers in actively managing and developing future talent.
- Dependent on the needs of the business, work with HR Development Director to identify training & development opportunities and resources required for targeted employee populations.
- Supports implementation of Corporate Human Resources programs and policies across the business.
- Works with the business and appropriate company resources to resolve any litigation or legal issues.
- Actively engages in communication with other HR team members around best practices to drive consistency.
- Supports the HR Development Director with campus recruiting activities.
- Supports the developmental activities for CP and LLDPs.
- Actively participates in the recruitment and selection of new employees for salaried positions. Recommends selection of candidates as well as preparing compensation packages and employment terms.
- Works with the HR Shared Services group to identify and implement processes necessary to eliminate duplication of work and reduce overall administrative burden.
Relationships with Others Jobs
This role will have a high level of interaction with HR Development Directors, business line managers and HR Coordinators. The incumbent must have the ability to build relationships and get up to speed quickly on needs of the business and offer solutions. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be able to handle difficult situations well with the capability to push back and positively influence stakeholders.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of the business.
Expert in the HR function.
Ability to influence others.
Key Lominger Competencies:
Managing Vision & Purpose
Drive for Results
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in HR or related degree. Graduate level degree preferred.
Minimum of 5-7 years progressive HR experience.
Must have demonstrated leadership experience, as well as exposure to OD/OE.
Travel Requirement: 30%
Interested candidates should apply through the link provided below.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.