From: July 2nd – August 9th 6 weeks, 40 Hours/Week
- Implement fun, interactive and educational leadership and life-skills development activities.
- Assist in the supervision and monitoring children in their care both on and off site.
- Assist in both planning and the delivery of camp programs and activities.
- Foster an inclusive environment where all are encouraged to participate, form new relationships, learn new skills and develop self-confidence.
- Assist in maintaining daily records and report concerns related to safety, health, and behaviour.
- Reports directly to Program Manager, Camp Coordinator and Senior Camp Counselors.
- Act as a positive role model for participants, other staff and volunteers.
- Ability to energize and generate enthusiasm in youth.
- Personally motivated, flexible, patient, positive and reliable.
- Creative in designing and interactive fun activities.
- Basic understanding of child development and ability to use positive child management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of effective practices and guidance related to children.
- Passionate about empowering girls from under-served communities.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with senior camp counselors as part of a team.
Experience and Certification
- Previous camp or recreational program experience or other related experience working with groups of children is desired.
- Experience or training/education in sports, arts and crafts, and recreation.
- Completed and cleared Vulnerable Persons Sector Check, current as of date of hire.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
With approval of funding from Canada Summer Jobs Program, Human Resources and Skill Development Canada, Lady Ballers Camp is looking for 8 Junior Camp Counselors. Please submit your cover letter and resume only if you qualify as a summer student. (See below for qualification criteria).
- Be between 15-21 years of age
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year, and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Be a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or persons on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Not hold another full-time (30 or more hours) summer job during their
- Interest in community health and working with marginalized
- Ability to work in a team environment with diverse
- Good typing, computer, oral and written communication skills
Application deadline is: Tuesday, May 28.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -