Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
work colleges where good people to work with
Telebetting Agent (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGJuly 1, 2014
Pros: made some good friends
Cons: long hours and short turn round time between shifts
The company was great to begin with the atmosphere was relax but then management changed things and the atmosphere changed for the worse
I have gained lots of exprerience
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), YeovilJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good pay for cashiers
Cons: don't know our weekly rota until a week before, long hours, lone working for 10 hours a day
As a Duty Manager without shop management role within the company, I have a lot of responsibilities including:

* Managing staff on a daily basis
* Managing the shop on a daily basis, making sure everything is in
working order and reporting to correct services if not
* Completing daily, weekly and monthly figure reports and comparing
to targets, going – more... through records as to why targets are varied
* Occasionally going to manager meetings and briefing staff
* Opening and closing shop
* Lone working daily
* Making sure shop and staff follow company and security rules
* Call emergency services as required
* Dealing with difficult and abusive customers
* Counting and completing the daily banking
* Writing action plans for shop promotions and briefing staff – less
An interesting place to work
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee), Invergordon, SCTJune 3, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: working long periods on your own
A typical day involved working long shifts, sometimes on your own during busy periods. Management were always very friendly and would do their best to accommodate you if you needed anything and the customers could be argumentative but for the most part were friendly as well.
shock
Cashier (Former Employee), Peterhead, SCTJune 2, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: staff
the staff were the best part of the working day. the customers were the worst part of the job as they were horrible the way they spoke to the cashiers.
Unproductive
Cashier (Former Employee), Eastbourne, ENGMay 27, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: safety
Working for Ladbrokes was pretty un-amusing, though work is not supposed to be fun, when it is unproductive and there is not much to do, even when using my own initiative. Safety was an issue due to the targeted customers coming into store, however the customers are the main reason I enjoyed working there because I built up a professional relationship – more... with them.
It was a great retail experience however highly un-stimulating for a retail job. – less
fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Slough/Windsor/BurnhamMay 23, 2014
I really enjoyed this position and would definitely recommend it. I worked there for 2 and half years and i got on really well.
Work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Accrington, ENGMay 20, 2014
on a typical day I will be taking bets and making sure all customers were enjoying there self's in are shop,
I learned about all the different bets and sports u can bet on.
most enjoyable part was being able to work so close to the customers to enjoy my job more
productive
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Whitehaven, ENGMay 10, 2014
Pros: banter with colleagues
Cons: long hours
taking bets and promoting new products
time management
co-workers easy to get along with
Poor workplace, no care what so ever for well being of staff
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), LeicesterMay 8, 2014
on an average day you will be faced with all types of gamblers, opportunists, 'in the know', and those who like to think that they know what they are doing, the one thing to remember is that the bookies always win, which is why they have been around so long.
Ladbrokes, along with all of the major high street bookmakers are now starting to implement – more... 'single manning' which basically means that you will have to man the fort all by yourself with no help from anyone else irrespective of your own needs, IE lunch breaks and toilet breaks, this may not be an issue if you work in a shop for that long that you can trust the customers to go out and collect food for you or you can trust them enough not to get moody if you disappear for a couple of minutes to do your business.
The best part of the job is the excitement on the big race days, however it is only exciting if you make it that way because Ladbrokes will not help you one bit.
You will discover over time that although you are paid to do a specific job, the company will keep adding on to the things you are required to do and expect to be able to pay you the same money with no wage rises even though, given the current financial climate, the bookmakers are still making billions each year on the machines.

THE BEST RECOMMENDATION I COULD MAKE WOULD BE TO STAY WELL AWAY BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE THEY ARE BOTHERED ABOUT ARE THE SHAREHOLDERS! – less
Shop Accounts Supervisor (Current Employee), Rayners Lane, HarrowApril 26, 2014
Pros: car park, cafe
Cons: long hours
A typical day in the office for me will be getting in the office for around 7:00 and clear through my emails, complete all the daily accounting checks before I start on the days work. The days work will be validating daily trading figures from our retail estate and reconcile the data. Management are firm and fair in when occasions occur. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is raising to the occasion and getting the work completed before the set deadlines. – less
Fast paced environment
Cashier/Administrator (Former Employee), Bognor Regis, ENGApril 24, 2014
I could be in a shop one moment then in the office the next. I learn't how to type and take a phone call at the same time and to keep an eye on the races whilst taking bets.
If you enjoy monotony and boredom go for it!
CSM (Former Employee), U.KApril 2, 2014
Pros: good for lazy people.
Cons: no life. brain numbing boredom. loss of your grasp on reality. no dignity.
I was sold this job as someone who knew nothing about the industry and to say I was tricked is a massive understatement. I was told it was fun, great money, with good hours. It is good hours if you have no family or friends or a social life, however if you do this is not the job for you. I worked 10-8 pm without a break most days and was bullied into – more... working overtime, with total disregard to employment law. I sat by myself most days with minimal customers most of which high or drunk with massive issues. The management will be nice to you if you do as your told, but if you voice your opinion you will be victimized into rubbish shifts, rubbish days off, no breaks, no contact with your area team for days. As for eating, drinking, going to the toilet forget it! Your an all singing all dancing no morals money machine. – less
ok to work for
trainee manageress c s m (Former Employee), Coventry, ENGMarch 28, 2014
Cons: very long hours
daily we would put bets through the system and capture them so the system would recognise which horses or dogs or lotto was being put on. We all worked together as a team , I am an easy going person and get on with most people if I have got a job to do I like to get on with it and complete it, I am quite a fast worker for my age and am open to try new – more... tasks can usually put my hands to any job and am willing to try out new jobs. I like a challenge and like busy periods as quite periods I get bored.I don't mind getting my hands dirty. – less
Joke company run by clowns
Csm (Former Employee), MidlandsMarch 17, 2014
Cons: where do i start?
Absolute joke of a company. In the clique? If not your life will be a misery. Single man constantly, people are miserable and hate their job, no freedom of speech, dinner breaks?! What's a dinner break? Badly run company by joke management who expect you to give up your life for them. Need the toilet? We'll let's hope you don't have any customers then – more... or I suggest a commode or a catheter. No one cares about anyone unless you are in the clique. No work/life balance, very very long weekends, open at 8am, close at 10pm. Get ready for 15 hour shifts with no break, people who prepare rota's do so at their own advantage while others struggle. No respect for age or experience. Cash before staff every single time. Greedy, greedy disrespectful company. Wish I had never worked there. Work alone for 10+ hours a day. No life ever. It will consume your very being. – less
Long hours, Ok pay
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), BirminghamMarch 15, 2014
Cons: long hours, nights.
you can work a 12 hour shift very easily as most shops open at 9:30 and close at 9:30, i feel personally this effects socializing with any friends and even family.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Barnoldswick, ENGMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good customers and staff
Cons: long weekends
Was a good place to work, with fun staff, and great regular customers. Everyone in the store was easy to get on with, which made my time working there allot better.
Great incentive
Technical support engineer, (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good people to work for and with
Cons: non
Working for Ladbrokes was probably one of the best jobs l have had regarding fair management who gave good incentive to better your self and moral over the whole work place was high. Just a shame they out sourced the engineering
Extremely poor company, poor work/life balance
Customer service manager (Former Employee), Weston super mareMarch 4, 2014
Pros: reliable income
Cons: low wage, poor work/life balance, boring, long hours
Very bad company to work for. Never known a workplace where every single employee is miserable with the job and resents the company so much. Very results driven company where customers are overwhelmed with offers and encouragement to bet on machines and other markets.

Extremely boring job with little to no prospects of career development. Although – more... some are nice customers are generally quite agressive and it gets depressing being around gambling addicts day in day out. It can be an okay job if you are planning to only do it for a couple of years as hours can be flexible if you are willing to do evening and weekend work. It suited me whilst at university but as soon as i was back doing full-time hours the lack of work/life balance starts to get you down.

Bad industry to work for in my opinion due to the pure greed of all of the top four high street bookmakers. The fun has been driven out and it is all about results and squeezing margins for shareholders profits. Single manning is also ridiculous, unless you like the idea of being sat in a shop alone for hours on end until 10pm this is not the job for you. – less
Badly run, can't move up the ladder
Csm (Current Employee), ENGMarch 3, 2014
Cons: long hours, lone working, no prospects
Shocking! Most of the staff are two faced and live in managements pocket. People's good nature is abused to breaking point. If you like sitting alone for 10+ hours per day with rushed toilet breaks when you are not serving customers then this is the job for you! If you have no life or don't ever want one then this job will be perfect! Vampires are less – more... likely to bleed your soul dry. – less
Results driven
Manager (Former Employee), LondonFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: watch sports
Cons: long hours
Duties including leading and managing a team, Setting and Planning Targets, Promotions, Cash Procedures, Staff Schedules and Business performance. Also responsible for Health and Safety, Compliance Practices, Communications, Staff Development, Recruitment and Disciplinary Issues. Overseeing profit and loss and setting/targeting KPI's to the company's – more... standards to grow and develop the business. Compilation and presentation of detailed financial management reporting. Accountable for sales targets. Driving the business. Training and Development of Staff. In addition, I assumed the role of Area Training Manager. ‘Manager of the Year’ award in 2011 & Four consecutive 100% Mystery Shopper reports – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes plc is a British based gambling company. It is based in Rayners Lane in Harrow, London. The company was founded by Messrs – Read more