Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and easy atmosphere
Shop Manager (Current Employee), londonJuly 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people daily
Cons: long hours
A typical day would including balancing cash , dealing with various customer queries as well as some staff members at times. I have learnt that customers will always remember the way you dealt with their concerns, hence the importance of delivering excellent customer services at all times.The hardest part of the job is maintaining professionalism when – more... a customer is being rude or unreasonable at times. however there is always a sense of satisfaction when you manage to deliver good customer services and the customer walks away happy. – less
Great fun if you like your sports
Deputy Manager (Former Employee), Ipswich,Felixstowe,HadlieghJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great tips
Cons: some very poor tips
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers great bunch of characters.
Diverse & Fast moving
Shop Manager/Trainer (Current Employee), StaffordshireJuly 16, 2014
Pros: sociable industry, sporting access and skills gained
Cons: long hours, unsocial hours and promotional blockers
A current day would see me Overseeing the day to day running of the shops, responsible for ensuring the shops are opened on time and that all procedures are followed in accordance with the company’s policies and also meet current gambling commission guidelines. Ensuring the shop teams are aware and comply with up to date policies, promotions and customer – more... care through the current ABB practices. The responsibility of staff scheduling, training, support and performance reviews. Lease with all relevant departments through the company structure implementing new products, promotions and best practises through to the shop level.

Or my other role within the company may see me,

Calling all the Market Place Managers and arrange a shop visit for upto 130 shops within my demographic area and train the shop teams within. Training all colleagues giving them the knowledge of EasiBet machines and give them the tools required to talk to our customers about the key benefits and features. Ensuring that colleagues engage with customers around the features and benefits and give them a reason to want to use our machines. In particular empower customers to build their pre-event and in-play accumulator bets on EasiBet. The aim is to have all shop teams promoting EasiBet as part of the “fabric” of the shop proposition and drive customer awareness and performance.

Management is diverse and you can meet all kinds of varied levels of good and not so good people within the roles. – less
work colleges where good people to work with
Telebetting Agent (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGJuly 1, 2014
Pros: made some good friends
Cons: long hours and short turn round time between shifts
The company was great to begin with the atmosphere was relax but then management changed things and the atmosphere changed for the worse
I have gained lots of exprerience
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), YeovilJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good pay for cashiers
Cons: don't know our weekly rota until a week before, long hours, lone working for 10 hours a day
As a Duty Manager without shop management role within the company, I have a lot of responsibilities including:

* Managing staff on a daily basis
* Managing the shop on a daily basis, making sure everything is in
working order and reporting to correct services if not
* Completing daily, weekly and monthly figure reports and comparing
to targets, going – more... through records as to why targets are varied
* Occasionally going to manager meetings and briefing staff
* Opening and closing shop
* Lone working daily
* Making sure shop and staff follow company and security rules
* Call emergency services as required
* Dealing with difficult and abusive customers
* Counting and completing the daily banking
* Writing action plans for shop promotions and briefing staff – less
An interesting place to work
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee), Invergordon, SCTJune 3, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: working long periods on your own
A typical day involved working long shifts, sometimes on your own during busy periods. Management were always very friendly and would do their best to accommodate you if you needed anything and the customers could be argumentative but for the most part were friendly as well.
shock
Cashier (Former Employee), Peterhead, SCTJune 2, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: staff
the staff were the best part of the working day. the customers were the worst part of the job as they were horrible the way they spoke to the cashiers.
Unproductive
Cashier (Former Employee), Eastbourne, ENGMay 27, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: safety
Working for Ladbrokes was pretty un-amusing, though work is not supposed to be fun, when it is unproductive and there is not much to do, even when using my own initiative. Safety was an issue due to the targeted customers coming into store, however the customers are the main reason I enjoyed working there because I built up a professional relationship – more... with them.
It was a great retail experience however highly un-stimulating for a retail job. – less
fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Slough/Windsor/BurnhamMay 23, 2014
I really enjoyed this position and would definitely recommend it. I worked there for 2 and half years and i got on really well.
Work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Accrington, ENGMay 20, 2014
on a typical day I will be taking bets and making sure all customers were enjoying there self's in are shop,
I learned about all the different bets and sports u can bet on.
most enjoyable part was being able to work so close to the customers to enjoy my job more
productive
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Whitehaven, ENGMay 10, 2014
Pros: banter with colleagues
Cons: long hours
taking bets and promoting new products
time management
co-workers easy to get along with
Poor workplace, no care what so ever for well being of staff
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), LeicesterMay 8, 2014
on an average day you will be faced with all types of gamblers, opportunists, 'in the know', and those who like to think that they know what they are doing, the one thing to remember is that the bookies always win, which is why they have been around so long.
Ladbrokes, along with all of the major high street bookmakers are now starting to implement – more... 'single manning' which basically means that you will have to man the fort all by yourself with no help from anyone else irrespective of your own needs, IE lunch breaks and toilet breaks, this may not be an issue if you work in a shop for that long that you can trust the customers to go out and collect food for you or you can trust them enough not to get moody if you disappear for a couple of minutes to do your business.
The best part of the job is the excitement on the big race days, however it is only exciting if you make it that way because Ladbrokes will not help you one bit.
You will discover over time that although you are paid to do a specific job, the company will keep adding on to the things you are required to do and expect to be able to pay you the same money with no wage rises even though, given the current financial climate, the bookmakers are still making billions each year on the machines.

THE BEST RECOMMENDATION I COULD MAKE WOULD BE TO STAY WELL AWAY BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE THEY ARE BOTHERED ABOUT ARE THE SHAREHOLDERS! – less
Shop Accounts Supervisor (Current Employee), Rayners Lane, HarrowApril 26, 2014
Pros: car park, cafe
Cons: long hours
A typical day in the office for me will be getting in the office for around 7:00 and clear through my emails, complete all the daily accounting checks before I start on the days work. The days work will be validating daily trading figures from our retail estate and reconcile the data. Management are firm and fair in when occasions occur. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is raising to the occasion and getting the work completed before the set deadlines. – less
Fast paced environment
Cashier/Administrator (Former Employee), Bognor Regis, ENGApril 24, 2014
I could be in a shop one moment then in the office the next. I learn't how to type and take a phone call at the same time and to keep an eye on the races whilst taking bets.
If you enjoy monotony and boredom go for it!
CSM (Former Employee), U.KApril 2, 2014
Pros: good for lazy people.
Cons: no life. brain numbing boredom. loss of your grasp on reality. no dignity.
I was sold this job as someone who knew nothing about the industry and to say I was tricked is a massive understatement. I was told it was fun, great money, with good hours. It is good hours if you have no family or friends or a social life, however if you do this is not the job for you. I worked 10-8 pm without a break most days and was bullied into – more... working overtime, with total disregard to employment law. I sat by myself most days with minimal customers most of which high or drunk with massive issues. The management will be nice to you if you do as your told, but if you voice your opinion you will be victimized into rubbish shifts, rubbish days off, no breaks, no contact with your area team for days. As for eating, drinking, going to the toilet forget it! Your an all singing all dancing no morals money machine. – less
ok to work for
trainee manageress c s m (Former Employee), Coventry, ENGMarch 28, 2014
Cons: very long hours
daily we would put bets through the system and capture them so the system would recognise which horses or dogs or lotto was being put on. We all worked together as a team , I am an easy going person and get on with most people if I have got a job to do I like to get on with it and complete it, I am quite a fast worker for my age and am open to try new – more... tasks can usually put my hands to any job and am willing to try out new jobs. I like a challenge and like busy periods as quite periods I get bored.I don't mind getting my hands dirty. – less
Joke company run by clowns
Csm (Former Employee), MidlandsMarch 17, 2014
Cons: where do i start?
Absolute joke of a company. In the clique? If not your life will be a misery. Single man constantly, people are miserable and hate their job, no freedom of speech, dinner breaks?! What's a dinner break? Badly run company by joke management who expect you to give up your life for them. Need the toilet? We'll let's hope you don't have any customers then – more... or I suggest a commode or a catheter. No one cares about anyone unless you are in the clique. No work/life balance, very very long weekends, open at 8am, close at 10pm. Get ready for 15 hour shifts with no break, people who prepare rota's do so at their own advantage while others struggle. No respect for age or experience. Cash before staff every single time. Greedy, greedy disrespectful company. Wish I had never worked there. Work alone for 10+ hours a day. No life ever. It will consume your very being. – less
Long hours, Ok pay
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), BirminghamMarch 15, 2014
Cons: long hours, nights.
you can work a 12 hour shift very easily as most shops open at 9:30 and close at 9:30, i feel personally this effects socializing with any friends and even family.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Barnoldswick, ENGMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good customers and staff
Cons: long weekends
Was a good place to work, with fun staff, and great regular customers. Everyone in the store was easy to get on with, which made my time working there allot better.
Great incentive
Technical support engineer, (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good people to work for and with
Cons: non
Working for Ladbrokes was probably one of the best jobs l have had regarding fair management who gave good incentive to better your self and moral over the whole work place was high. Just a shame they out sourced the engineering

1 2 3 4 5

About Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes plc is a British based gambling company. It is based in Rayners Lane in Harrow, London. The company was founded by Messrs – Read more