Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonMay 30, 2016
My task as a Customer Service Manager is to help manage and sustain the front-line service to customers that enhances Ladbrokes' position as the country's leading bookmaker. This role initially requires me to act as the first point of contact with the customers. I am responsible for meeting, greeting and providing them with an exceptional level of service. I am on hand to help by answering questions, demonstrating new machine products and taking bets.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Late Nights
Not a Job i wanted to in stay long term.
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Rayners LaneJune 11, 2016
I worked here for 5 years until i started my own business. The management is rude and ignorant they treat you badly and you receive alot of abuse on a daily basis. Also i believe the management was racist towards me and treated other employees with more respect than me. They were prejudice and treated those people like they were their best friend but gave me a hard time.I do not believe it is worth it working for them the hours are long and salary is too low. I am now making much more money being self employed and i have more free time for my wife, friends and family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
managment, daily abuse, difficult customers, long hours, low salary
In the 1980's...Far too insular, and predisposed to control of eployees
Senior Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  NationwideMay 26, 2016
Rather than giving the staff of their company the freedom to sell the products, and reap the benefits, they chose to control the system in which they worked to limit the potential of the talent they had available. In the 1970's, my average shop profit was 21.8%. The average nowadays it is in the region of 15%. Such a shame.
Pros
Variety, day to day, and a fair amount of laughter.
Cons
Limitations, that to anyone in the industry are obvious.
Productive,
CSM (Current Employee) –  East LondonMay 21, 2016
Your day starts really early at 7:40am, and finishes at 10:15pm most shops. Most shifts I did was 13-14hr, four to five days a week. The best thing I learded was a highly praied level people skill, your somtimes the person customer neet to come to celibrate with or comforted. You feel as thought your your own boss and your carry busiines (Customer Service)with you, somtime customer would only come in when your there to get the right experiance. The job does come with a lot of High risk, there are alot of safty measures that our there that you wont find everywhere else. The Shop team really make the day. Celebrating with customers when they Win
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Can get Very Stressful, need thick skin some days
great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 16, 2016
Talk to customers with a view to identifying opportunities to promote profitable turnover and deal with customer complaints and comments in such a way as to enhance customer loyalty, resolving as many as possible in the shop I would need to maintain customer service throughout the shop according to divisional standards. Minimize queuing by managing and operating bet placement technologies with speed and accuracy. I had to plan and implement agreed promotional activities. Operate effective cash control procedures and ensure all colleagues are aware of cash control responsibilities. This allows me to contribute to colleague training when needed.
Good laugh with customers.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  CambridgeApril 23, 2016
Terrible management that don't care about their staff. The pay is terrible. You don't really have much choice of trying to move into a higher role (such as; customer service manager). When they do give you the chance to train for it then all you do is come into work earlier and open and close the shops. It's only £1 per hour more than cashiers. No career.
Pros
Customers are fun and mostly friendly
Cons
Stupid hours, terrible management, pay is shocking, never get the weekend off.
Good job but lacks recognition and progression
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton KeynesApril 25, 2016
I find the job on a day-to-day basis is not too challenging, it would be perfect for someone who is not looking to take on too much responsibility but still earn reasonable money for it. I found that it was not inspiring for me and my commercial awareness was not appreciated or even recognized by the company.
Pros
Not too hard once you know what you're doing
Cons
Long and unsociable hours, lacks progression
Shocking
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  PerthApril 5, 2016
Total waste of time, management is run by non qualified and unprofessional people. U hardly get a break because of short staff and single manning. The hours can be far too long. There is favouritism amongst employees. Left on your own to suite other skiving off. Most of the staff talk about you behind your back. They never deliver on there bonuses. Always asked to come in on your day off. You would have better luck joining a circus. You dont get trained properly on purpose so that you fail. Worst job in the world fact!!!!
Pros
You can go for a cig whenever you want
Cons
Everything else
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Trim, County MeathMarch 29, 2016
Whilst working at Ladbrokes I gained a lot of experience using tills, it was always very busy and I always had to be on my toes because there would be numerous amounts of customers putting on bets at the same time. I found that my district coordinator was not very caring and did not give me feedback on the work I was doing or if I was progressing in the shop. I had to leave Ladbrokes because I started college. The hardest part of the job was busy weeks like Cheltenham and Galway races, the shop would be hectic and very busy.
Pros
Got tips within horse racing.
Cons
Very busy and stressful
Good job, poor higher management
Manager (Former Employee) –  NewportMarch 28, 2016
Good company to work for, you have good and bad days working here. You meet all kinds of people behind the counter. From the arrogant to the friendly conversationalists. The arrogant out weigh the friendly kind.
Upper management are poor in planning and execution. The Human resources department is a joke, expect a three hour wait to talk to somebody.
Pros
Salary, friendly customers
Cons
Hours are all over the place
Very interesting and varied environment to work in.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonFebruary 21, 2016
People always ask me weather I get bored sitting in the store all day but believe it or not its extremely stimulating during the busy periods.

There are many people to speak to throughout the day especially about my favourite subject, sports.

There are always things within the store that need to be maintained such as, tidiness, marketing and customer interactions.
Pros
Sports on TV all day!
Cons
Very long hours, and irregular shift patterns.
can be fun at times
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Perrystown, Dublin 12February 24, 2016
Some days are good fun and you get to meet so many different customers, some nice and of course some very difficult.
Working 12 hour shifts are hard.
Rate of pay I can't complain, it's reasonable but maybe when you're working 12 hour shifts you should get extra.
Some days are very busy, which I like as your day goes faster, and there is a lot of cash handling so can be somewhat stressful.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Don't get a job at Ladbrokes
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  South EastFebruary 22, 2016
Unsociable hours, 14 hour days, regularly left to work on your own despite it being a high risk environment. Company have no regard for your health or safety. Only thing they care about is not failing Think 21 tests. Supposed to be on the shop floor even though you are safer behind the counter. Not a day goes by when you aren't verbally abused by at least one customer.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Sitting target to be robbed.
A good place to work o
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  PeterboroughFebruary 11, 2016
Working for ladbrokes I have become familiar with the gaming industry gaining new knowledge about betting. Working with both regular and new customers providing them with the highest level of customer service that is expected. Management are friendly and always willing to help along the way, as well as co-workers, being not just colleagues but also friends. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is working cloesly with the public and meeting new people. and by far the hardest, is having to learn all the different ways of placing a bet.
Depends where you working
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bury St. EdmundsMarch 4, 2016
It is a very mixed bag job. Some days are busy and rushed, others are quite and very slow. I like others that reviewed was sent to do banking when not giving any training or info of the what to do and what not to do. Guess living in the country side has its pluses. MPM's and other manages I've personal delt with where a joke. If you was their mate and went to the pub or gym with them you could do no wrong. Having been in the job for all of 5 weeks on a Saturday I was left on my own from 10am till 9:45pm (csa at the time)

I was told many times as a chasier when trying to put things forwards, your just a chasier so what you think doesn't matter. Tho other where like second family. I do miss some of the old boy regulars. You do soon get to know people and the way they bet
Cons
Long hours. Lack of respect from managers. Threats of violence.
Easy but management was a joke
Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  StanningleyFebruary 15, 2016
easy work, dealt with regular customers. Management was a joke, you had no time for yourself. the co workers was easy to get along with but the worst part about the job was no matter what you did for the company you never got recognition and they were always looking for a way to do you over, plus the shifts and the amount of times everything changed was unbelievable.
Ladbrokes
Shop manager from March 2014 (Former Employee) –  ChichesterFebruary 1, 2016
I learnt a lot in this job, I started at the bottom as a cashier. Within 5 months I got offered a management role and I took and never looked back. I had a passion everyday to get up and do my best for the company and enjoyed it. I worked very well with all members of staff and had a good time whilst working hard. The hardest part of the role were the hours. 3 or 4 times a week i would be doing a 8.00am-10-10pm and sometimes it would get tough but still enjoyed it.
Pros
Football on the TV, bonus incentives
Cons
Long hours on your own
Doesn't care for staff
CSM (Current Employee) –  WalesMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work is being shouted at by customers and also by management. I learnt to grow a thicker skin, as I was subjected to bullying by upper management. Management have no clue what working in shops are like, as they expect you to get 10 different things done whilst serving customers.
customer service manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aldridge, ENGJanuary 17, 2016
Opening up the shop and preparing for trade. Setting targets throughout the day for myself and shop team. Interacting with customers is the best part of the job because you can give a more enjoyable experience.
The hardest part is when a customer gets aggressive and becomes violent, defusing the situation can be challenging however I've had plenty of experience in the industry where I can feel comfortable in any situation.
It's vital to have a good shop team because we can meet our targets more easily and give out the best customer service possible.
Pros
talk about sports with customers
Cons
Finishing late
Ladbrokes from a customer service manager
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  North WestFebruary 4, 2016
Don't do it.
Worse industry ever to work for. Management is awful and sometimes they use bully tatics to get you to do what they want.
Keep away it's really not worth it. Only apply if you like licking bum cause that's the only way you can fit into this managent team.
YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!!!!!
Pros
Free tea and coffee thats it.
Cons
Long hours. Management dont care at all