Ladbrokes

• Salary/Benefits
the workplace
shop manger (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 3 days off per week
Cons: long hours single manning
12 hour shift each day is different from the next interesting customers of variable due to single manning little time is spent working with a co worker when someone wins big it is good to see there reaction
Absolutely shocking company
Duty Manager/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), MidlandsJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: no breaks, long hours, poor security, very cliquey
if you even consider working for this company then I suggest you go and get a reality check!
Vile co-workers, rubbish upper management, 15 hour shifts, no breaks, no life, no care for staff welfare, sit alone 8+ hours per day.
Cliquey..?? As soon as you turn around your colleagues will have a knife in your back, never known such horrible gossiping people!
Joke company run by absolute imbeciles who are only interested in robbing people blind by trying to get them to put every penny they own into the gaming machines.
I'd rather be on the dole than work for this terrible company!
They also Hire kids who know nothing about gambling or bet settling at all for cheap labour purposes.
Avoid this company like the plague!!
You have been warned!!
enjoyed my job
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Cosham, ENGJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for Ladbrokes as I wassent just in one shop I went around different shops cashiering so it was nice to meet new people and different managers. the hardest part was to deal with some difficult customers but gets sorted when you speak to the right people depending what the problem was but I got that solved.
a day at ladbrokes
deputy manager then made up to manager (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: travel card
Cons: machines breaking down
start 8.30 opening the shop open tills counting out the money putting up papers starting up ssbt and fobt machines checking shop is ready to trade check all latest information regarding the days trading brief staff when they arrive for work through the course of the day checking to make sure shop is tidy and interacting with the customers before leaving at night all money is checked machines are emptied and the end of day is run
Poor place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Kirkcaldy, SCTJanuary 19, 2015
Long hours with very little support. Left alone for long periods of time, have to work extra hours to ensure money is correct etc.
Awful firm that needs investigating -no respect for EU employment laws
Store Manager (Former Employee), PeterboroughJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: long hours, disrespect, anti-social, abuse, threats, poor management, cliques
I was taken on by this shower when they bought a firm I was working for. I should have quit then. This firm is run by clowns, has no respect for it's employees and is run like a giant clique. I was threatened to sign away my contract and accept even less pay (to save THEM money!) and when I refused, I was suspended and then sacked for contacting a fellow employee whilst suspended! I had to contact ACAS and sue them for constructive dismissal...and I'm not alone!

I see they are looking for apprentices, so they are finding new ways of paying less. Avoid this firm like the plague. They will have you working 14 hours a day without toilet, water or food breaks. They will breach working time directive by working you 50 or 60 hours per week. You will be threatened, spat at, abused and disrespected daily by customers -and then punished by ladbrokes if you speak up or make a mistake.

You won't have a life, you will be expected to work unsociable hours and you will never get even so much as a thank you. Forget promotion unless your face fits. And best bit...they will sack you and take their chances in court if they can save a few pence.
Opportunistic and supportive place to work.
Multi Site Operations Manager (Current Employee), Blackpool, ENGJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good team
Cons: frequent relocation
A typical day at work would be reviewing P&L for the previous day's business to identify what the focus throughout each site should be. Interact with each member of my team proactively to sell each of them the tasks they should be achieving. Coach each team member every day to increase their productivity in the workplace.

I have progressed through several career levels at Ladbrokes and learned a great deal from effective leadership to managing time effectively.

My co-workers are always very helpful and there is a definite team environment.

The most difficult part of my job has been managing one of my team members who had previously applied for the same role as me. I had to establish an effective working relationship with this team member to guarantee my team mainatined high motivation levels and worked together with respect for myself and their peers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is training my team. Coaching teams and seeing their successes and the success of my sites is one of the best parts of my role.
STAY AWAY WORST COMPANY ON THE PLANET
CSM (Former Employee), HighlandsJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: long hours, single manning with huge amounts of cash, constant abuse from staff members, no proper training, the list is endless
I would advise you stay jobless rather than join this farce of a company, why its still up and running is beyond me!
No care for staff welfare and i do mean none whatsoever so please dont be fooled like myself and partner were at the start!.
Constant lies and then abuse when you call them on the lies,this is from mpm's am's and dm's, people at head office,payroll and HR!!
The customers are the shining light but its very dim under the circumstances.
No proper training is given yet you get abuse when its done wrong, telling them you havent been shown this is pointless it results in more abuse, seems to be all this company know!.
They do not adhere to any of the laws or regulations of there employee, get advice from CAU and they tell you they are liars and out to get what they can from you,even though its free advice and dont even consider mentioning ACASS!!.
They think you have to walk in off the street and know everything about betting,regardless to whether you have even ever placed a bet in your life.

If you have a partner/family then youre aswell forgetting they exist as you wont ever see them, if they turn ill or are hospitalised then do not think of being by their side, it only results in abusive phonecalls/voicemails and then they drag you in for a disciplinary, doesnt matter what you have done for the company i.e running a shop weeks after joining with no experience and single manning because the managers are so unreliable plus they live miles away from the place.
Nobody turns up for interviews in the marketplace area i was in as everyone knows how they treat you, they – more... quite happily reduce you to tears in front of customers.
Ive met 4 compitent staff members in this company in my area and thats because they joined before ladbrokes took over and they were given proper training, the only reason they are still there is age and the only job theyve known.
Nobody enjoys working for this company that i have spoke to face to face so dont believe the good reviews as there literally are none!
I hope this review helps people looking to join this "magnificent" company. – less
productive
Customers service manger (Current Employee), AccringtonJanuary 4, 2015
During a typial day we would take bets and settle bets , on a night shift i would help cash the tills up and enure the shop is tidy for the next day.
good work place
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), northamptonDecember 31, 2014
the most rewarding part of the job is interacting with the customers and delivering good customer service, the hardest part is making sure all the gambling laws are followed in the correct manor, making sure the shop runs smoothly and dealing with any problems that may arise.
ok to work for
Customer service Manager (Current Employee), northamptonDecember 30, 2014
The job is good you get interaction with customers.
The hours are good.
After working there for 10 years i have learnt a lot and have gained a lot of new skills.
you have a lot of laws that you have to make sure are enforced everyday.
you handle large amounts of money through out the day.
co workers are ok we all work well as a team .
Great People, Unintrested Company
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Oldham, ENGDecember 28, 2014
Pros: meeting different people daily.
Cons: personal saftey is always overlooked
A typical ay at work starts at 7:45am sometimes finish at 10:00pm. of this time usually have a cashier from 12;00pm-5:00pm.
When opening the shop I have to re-boot the systems and count the takings from the previous day. Check all monies are correct and load up the machines for the day.

When I get my cashier I will usually sort the banking for the day, making sure that the correct amount is banked leaving enough for the rest of the day, and sufficient change is available.

The day runs pretty smoothly with some window marketing and other marketing options to be considered.

The end of the day is pretty much the same as an open but in reverse. Checking monies for the day, looking for any cash differences that may have occurred and then securing the sop in a safe manner.
Average
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), ENGDecember 18, 2014
The money is good, but you must be prepared to work long hours, most weekends and have difficulties planning out of work activites to do.
Basic job with good pay.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Boston, ENGDecember 17, 2014
Good job to meet new people and to learn a new skill. Loads of training to complete which is a little stressful but all in all ok.
productive and educational
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Perth, SCTDecember 13, 2014
Pros: overtime when needed
Cons: long shifts and single manning
Working with Ladbrokes has been very educational but its not always an easy job as translating handwriting can be very difficult and when managing single manning can make the job very difficult as you can not give the best customer service and keep the marketing up to date along with keeping regular checks on the tills to maintain good cash control. Working on the busiest of days are usually the best though as you can have a great laugh with colleagues and customers. In my time with Ladbrokes I have learnt a lot between the running of the company, to how to translate and settle bets, the working of the systems, working out the best way to explain the different bets to customers for the best bet for each customer. Ladbrokes has been a good company to work for as while working for them I have learnt a lot about myself.
enjoyable
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Dynbych y Pysgod, WLSDecember 4, 2014
Pros: flexiable hours
Cons: no career progression / direction from line managers
a really easy fun job if you have a head for numbers , sports and people , company seems to lack direction and with no real targets set ,( or so it seems ) so your just left to do as you please, which if you enjoy your job like i did is great ,there is lots of moaning within the company about middle management , and my experience of these is very mixed , no chance of progression within the company so not a place to work if its a career you want but valuable experience non theless
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGNovember 19, 2014
A typical day at work will involve talking to customers, seeing how things generally are with them, and looking at todays betting markets and discussing potential winners etc. You'll always learn something new whether there's a new game on our gambling machines, a new customer to get to know, a new offer available for our customers to take advantage off.
general cleaning
cleaner (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGNovember 15, 2014
empty the bins hoover clean toilets.have control of ordering cleaning products
Great workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Tamworth and surrounding areasNovember 4, 2014
I have been taught a lot being with this company and enjoy working with my co workers. I really enjoy being here as it is a great atmosphere along with building relationships with the customers. As I am a manager at Ladbrokes I have to lead the team and make sure all day to days jobs have been done. Due to a recent incident I have found that working till 10 at night on my own is not something I wish to continue.
constantly having to deal with unprofessional staff and irate customers
Trainee Deputy Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 28, 2014
Pros: position of responsibity and handling large sums of cash
Cons: dealing with crazy gamblers and unprofessional staff
a typical day included, opening up, log on to the computers, display posters and marketing stuff on the windows, then start taking bets
I learned how to use the Ladbrokes BS2000 software
I wouldn't say the management was anything special, just the usual betting shop
The co workers were all appalling to be honest
the hardest part was dealing crazy and irate clients
the most enjoyable was when we close for the day

1 2 3 4 5

About Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes plc is a British based gambling company. It is based in Rayners Lane in Harrow, London. The company was founded by Messrs – Read more