Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional and friendly. Deliver good customer service.
Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGJune 26, 2015
Ladbrokes are a professional establishment who focus primarily on great customer service.
They are a brand who strive to offer the best concessions for their customers on the high street.
Having worked for the company for a number of years they are understanding to colleages needs and well being.
The staff are friendly and approchable and it is work place i would reconmend to any person looking for a career in the gambling industry.
Good staff, bad upper management
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGJune 24, 2015
Pros: Well paid
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work would be rewarding as you get to interact with many customers and, if you are interested in sports, keep up with all the latest scores, events and results.
I learned a lot about the betting industry as well as learning how to manage and run a Ladbrokes shop.
The staff who worked in the shop were mostly great, however if someone had lost the love for the job, or took too many liberties, it could be a stressful work environment. So therefore it is essential to have a strong team built around you, where everyone has eachothers backs.
The hardest part of the job was doing 14 hour single-manned shifts, which could be potentially dangerous as if a problem occurs in the shop, or you yourself have a problem, there is no immediate cover.
The best part of the job was always the customers, they would brighten up your day and you would have a real bond with some of your favourites who visited the shop often.
A fast paced, high pressured environment
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), ErdingtonJune 22, 2015
Pros: Live sporting events are shown in shops.
Cons: Unsocioable behaviour from customers, constant threat to security.
Collection of keys is sometimes required out of work hours for a shop you are opening/closing. Shop set up is important to adhere to marketing, current promotions and compliance guidelines.Day time duties include taking, settling and paying out bets. Ensuring all equiptment is working efficiently. Completing daily management checklists, banking procedures and training staff.
The most enjoyable part of the job is building rapport with customers and seeing staff members flourish, whilst negative aspects include settling disputes, managing anti-social behaviour and working unsociable hours.
There seems to be a constant change in company policies, there has recently been changes to the companies structural employment model and there is a change to staff members pay in the coming months.There is almost no oppurtunity to get promoted once customer service manager level has been achieved.
not good!
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), glasgowJune 19, 2015
Pros: some nice customers, payrate, always overtime
Cons: long hours, lack of support, aggressive customers, too much pressure
working with ladbrokes is not so good i would not recommend it.

you only get really one in 4 weekends of if you are lucky and you are stuck in there until 930-10pm
i am a customer service manager ladbrokes brought in single manning which means whenever your cashier finishes their shift which is he latest about 6 then you are in till the shop closes alone. this is not safe and not fun.
the pressure has been turned up regarding mystery shoppers and targets ect so as the pay looks good, it is just ok for what you are expected to do.

working in the betting industy isnt that much fun, i mean you do have good days but the majority of your day is stressfull and you will 9/10 times leave in a bad mood because the customers are demanding and aggressive.

the hardest part of the job is single manning and just the customers in general...i do not blame them for being angry as they spend alot of money but being on the receiving end of it is not a great thing!

the most enjoyable part of the job is the very few nice customers you do get!

i have learned to be patient and listen with this job.

management is not great they always focus on the negative side to everything.
Fun place to work, enjoyable.
Trainee Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), NottinghamJune 18, 2015
Pros: calm, relaxed management. not too pushy
Cons: long hours, late nights
Management are lovely and happy to help with anything!! They all believe in me as a person, they make me feel more confident. The company can be a pain sometimes but mostly government issues. I love the staff they are all so kind and great to work with. There are a lot of things to learn which can be difficult but everyone is happy to help.
All in the c.v
Trained Cashier (Former Employee), coshamJune 17, 2015
review is in the c.v, it was a good place to work and i got a great deal of experience from that job. the hardest part of the job was the travel to and from work, the job itself was good not difficult once you know what you are doing.
Great Fun
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Aylesbury, ENGJune 16, 2015
Pros: Look after their staff
Cons: Long Hourse
Ladbrokes is great fun to work for, the company treat you well with benefits such as discounts on Glasses etc. The hours make it difficult on yoour social life with anything from 12-10pm shifts or on the rare occasions all day.
Dreadful pay and management
Customer Service Advisor/Trainee Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJune 13, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: long hours, short breaks, no care for staffs health and well-being, little pay
Wasn't able to live on my salary of 9,360 a year working full time, very un-organised management which changes every year. Un-organised meeting times as well as rota's. Very short lunch breaks, different management each day so no basic routine. long shifts at least 6 days a week.
Would not recommend
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, DJune 10, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours, single manning, not much help or support from management
The main reason in my opinion why the company functions is because the staff in each shop usually get along with each other, apart from that there is a very low morale among staff members due to constantly having to work on your own, sometimes without even getting a break.
Okay retail work, hate single manning
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Benfleet, ENGJune 8, 2015
Work itself was okay, days dragged, I was alone most of the time. Ended up doing upto 70+ hours a week. Management was awful. Money is okay though.
staff are great new food hour are good salary and benefits are real good
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Harrow, ENGJune 3, 2015
staff are great new food hour are good salary and benefits are real good staff are great new food hour are good salary and benefits are real good
intresting
customer service advisor (Former Employee), ketteringMay 25, 2015
Pros: i like my sport so everything was good for me in the job
Cons: not enough hours
getting to know a lot more about sports how people bet on certain things and how they look into specific people on the day of races.
Comfortable however Unrewarding
Apprentice Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), NorthamptonMay 24, 2015
Pros: Easy
Cons: Poor management, Poor Earnings and Slow Progression
Would be good for somebody who wants an easy job to stay in for a long time.

Customer Service and Betting knowledge is useful.

Co-workers didn't have the same ambition.
Management didn't treat staff well.

Enjoyable part of the job:

Being comfortable in every situation.

Hardest part of the job:

Taking order from poor management.
Would avoid unless desperate
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), GlasgowMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good punters. Pays not bad
Cons: Long hours, No respect from management.
Work 15hr shifts most days, with 30mins break if lucky.
constant late shift unless senior management.
Life outside? Forget it, Family? Not important, Ladbrokes comes first.
Single manning 10hrs with cashier for 5.
Cant have a day off without being pestered to work a shift, Can work back to back 15hr shift and be called in at 7am for another the next day.
Staff safety non existent.
Training non existent, self teach as you go.
Only good thing is the punters,
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), LondonMay 20, 2015
Cons: Long hours open to close
It was a fun place to work, especially interacting with different type of customers on a daily basis. you learn and understand the different type people you come across in life and how to approach and talk to different type of individual. Through this it has build up my communication skills and understanding of customers needs.

Management wise is very poor, lack of leadership skills.
Co-workers were amazing to work with.

the hardest part was to look out for fraudulent activity and abusive customers.
My overall summary of Ladbrokes
Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGMay 4, 2015
Pros: Watch the sporting events.
Cons: long hours on your own, breaking the 11 hour rule on multiple occasions and 14 hour shift work.
Customers would try and tell you lies regarding their bets, saying a 2 is a 5 and a 1 is a 7, I learned a lot about a darker side to retail, how the customers make job security an issue, the hardest part of the job is enforcing all policies at the same time and being overwhelmed when this happens, you can lose the job for many a reason, though when customers did win a big 4 fold acca, they would be very happy and it did make the difference to your day. Most of the co-workers are great to work with, but some don't play well with others, some get messed about so much by the working hours that they're not happy when they come into shop.
Horrible environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTMay 2, 2015
Pros: Shop staff
Cons: Long hours, unreasonable demands, shocking treatment
Recently left after 7yrs with the company and I will be honest and say that it is without a doubt the worst place I have ever been in. The management in my area usee threats and bullying tactics in order to cover shifts. It has come to be expected that on a daily basis you're verbally abused and threatened with little or no action taken by the company to prevent this from reoccurring. the majority of the shop staff are amazing but they don't receive the recognition they deserve. But never the less they turn up day in and out in order to support their shop team! I'll be sad to leave some of the staff behind and customers but all in all I am glad to have escaped.
bearable
Trainee Deputy Manager (Former Employee), glasgowApril 29, 2015
Pros: working with the public
Cons: long hours
the shop staff were nice enough but the management were awful. to many cliques for my liking. nothing was done fairly in my opinion.
Hard
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGApril 26, 2015
Cons: long hours, no respect, lack of out of work life.
working 8am till 10pm everyday, opening and closing shops, I learned a lot with Ladbrokes, managing shops, single manning shops, handling cash, serving customers. and the co-workers are fun to work with.
flexible but not the best job.
cashier /csm (Former Employee), LondonApril 10, 2015
Pros: a wage slip, customer service skills
Cons: management, co workers, poor people skills from others
As a student, finding a flexible job is hard and when I took on work with Ladbrokes, I felt that it was good in terms of being able to study alongside working.
However...
Within three months of working there, I found myself distressed and wanting to leave.
The first issue was poor management. I was placed in a store that was known to have problem customers who kept on harassing me. It started off with them asking for my number and when I refused, they became abusive, disrespectful and at one point as I was doing marketing and emptying machines, I was inappropriately touched or grabbed. I complained to my shop manager who just told me to deal with it "it's a man's world ". Which I found outrageous as the bookies should be a safe working environment whether you are male or female. Then I complained to my marketplace manager who shouted at me on shop floor while serving customers that I was being ridiculous and that I am staying in the shop or else he will not get me signed off (passing probation). So I felt that I was being blackmailed. Eventually I was moved into a calmer shop.
The tasks include cash handling and taking bets. I did enjoy busy days.
The money is ok and lots of overtime available.
Other staff members can be unprofessional and catty as I also had issues where I found out other staff where insulting me behind my back because I wore make up to work. (I come from a fashion /beauty background and I often wear make up anywhere)
Dangerous situations have happened too in terms of customers. They wanted to have me doing floor walking which I hated.
My – more... main issue with the job was not the job itself despite the new codes and gambling awareness rules every month. It was really more of a management and staff issue.
Higher staff (area managers) spoke down to people alot as if they were uneducated and threatened you with being sacked. As a cashier I was often left to close shops if they couldn't find managers.
Very draining to work for.
Any pros is just seeing a wage slip at the end of the month and the training you get on the job by handling difficult customers and situations. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes plc is a British based gambling company. It is based in Rayners Lane in Harrow, London. The company was founded by Messrs – Read more