Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good job but lacks recognition and progression
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Milton KeynesApril 25, 2016
Pros: Not too hard once you know what you're doing
Cons: Long and unsociable hours, lacks progression
I find the job on a day-to-day basis is not too challenging, it would be perfect for someone who is not looking to take on too much responsibility but still earn reasonable money for it. I found that it was not inspiring for me and my commercial awareness was not appreciated or even recognized by the company.
Good laugh with customers.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), CambridgeApril 23, 2016
Pros: Customers are fun and mostly friendly
Cons: Stupid hours, terrible management, pay is shocking, never get the weekend off.
Terrible management that don't care about their staff. The pay is terrible. You don't really have much choice of trying to move into a higher role (such as; customer service manager). When they do give you the chance to train for it then all you do is come into work earlier and open and close the shops. It's only £1 per hour more than cashiers. No career.
Shocking
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), PerthApril 5, 2016
Pros: You can go for a cig whenever you want
Cons: Everything else
Total waste of time, management is run by non qualified and unprofessional people. U hardly get a break because of short staff and single manning. The hours can be far too long. There is favouritism amongst employees. Left on your own to suite other skiving off. Most of the staff talk about you behind your back. They never deliver on there bonuses. Always asked to come in on your day off. You would have better luck joining a circus. You dont get trained properly on purpose so that you fail. Worst job in the world fact!!!!
Ladbrokes
customer service manager (Former Employee), SloughApril 1, 2016
Cons: 14 hours
All ways I'm enjoyed in that job , learn lots of think in customer service and finance and up coming marketing , handle lots of difficult situation and pressure situation as well
CASHIER (Former Employee), Trim, County MeathMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Got tips within horse racing.
Cons: Very busy and stressful
Whilst working at Ladbrokes I gained a lot of experience using tills, it was always very busy and I always had to be on my toes because there would be numerous amounts of customers putting on bets at the same time. I found that my district coordinator was not very caring and did not give me feedback on the work I was doing or if I was progressing in the shop. I had to leave Ladbrokes because I started college. The hardest part of the job was busy weeks like Cheltenham and Galway races, the shop would be hectic and very busy.
hshs
Customer Service Advisor/Manager (Former Employee), CheltenhamMarch 29, 2016
Pros: shs
Cons: shs
Terrible place to work, over worked, no balance. Depressed.Poorly Managed. Unfair to staff. Decent pay for what you do but not nice.
Good job, poor higher management
Manager (Former Employee), NewportMarch 28, 2016
Pros: Salary, friendly customers
Cons: Hours are all over the place
Good company to work for, you have good and bad days working here. You meet all kinds of people behind the counter. From the arrogant to the friendly conversationalists. The arrogant out weigh the friendly kind.
Upper management are poor in planning and execution. The Human resources department is a joke, expect a three hour wait to talk to somebody.
Depends where you working
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Bury St. EdmundsMarch 4, 2016
Cons: Long hours. Lack of respect from managers. Threats of violence.
It is a very mixed bag job. Some days are busy and rushed, others are quite and very slow. I like others that reviewed was sent to do banking when not giving any training or info of the what to do and what not to do. Guess living in the country side has its pluses. MPM's and other manages I've personal delt with where a joke. If you was their mate and went to the pub or gym with them you could do no wrong. Having been in the job for all of 5 weeks on a Saturday I was left on my own from 10am till 9:45pm (csa at the time)

I was told many times as a chasier when trying to put things forwards, your just a chasier so what you think doesn't matter. Tho other where like second family. I do miss some of the old boy regulars. You do soon get to know people and the way they bet
Poor management
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Southend-On-SeaMarch 2, 2016
Pros: A lot of overtime
Cons: Unprofessional management and lone working
A typical day at work? Everyday is the same. It's a low skills job. Therefore your main job will be dealing with abusive customers and collecting cash from the fixed odd betting terminals. Nothing innovating, technical or creative.

The only skills you will ever learn whilst working for Ladbrokes as a retail employee is communication skill. You will mainly talk to tracksuit lovers, the unemployed and OAP. Hardly pick up any good or useful vocabularies anyway.

Management in Ladbrokes? Awful. They have no clue what they are doing. Too many under educated managers within Ladbrokes retail division. Constantly changing the rules. Constantly using the age old intimidation tactics. Constantly hiring shills to write fake 5* reviews about Ladbrokes so they can recruit more people. Yes. Many old and new ones left this job on a weekly basis.

Co-workers? You get the funny ones, grumpy ones, sly ones, lazy ones, dedicated ones, mature ones or just boring ones. If you are a confident individual and have good people skills, you'll be fine. But my advice is to never throw shades at your line managers in front of your new Ladbrokes colleagues until you sniffed out who the pets are within your group.

Hardest part of the job? Having to deal with the under educated managers demands. If you work in retail jobs before, you will understand that retail is not a technical or professional field. Hence a lot of clowns end up working their careers up the retail ladder. It seems common for Ladbrokes managers to use intimidation and bully tactics. Especially since there so many sick calls. – more... Managers will harass you to work on your day off even if you worked 12 hours for 5 days already. It is very unpleasant.

The most enjoyable part of the job? At least Ladbrokes pay on time. A lot of overtime available, so for people that do not have a good education, you can still earn a very decent amount of money. For the people that want to go for the bigger things in life, make sure you do not stay too long. Keep progressing. Keep studying. Keep searching. – less
Great colleagues
Commercial Assistant (Current Employee), WolverhamptonMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work with a nice working environment and friendly colleagues who help when stuck on anything.
Hardest part of job is remembering the promotions that are on and giving the right information to customers
fun iniatially
Shop Manager (Former Employee), GalwayFebruary 27, 2016
Cons: long hours
Initially this company was fun and desirable to work for . However shareholders profits became the main objective of the company with little emphasis being put on customer and staff relations .
great
Bookmaker (Former Employee), AyrFebruary 25, 2016
this was a great place to work.great staff and customers.very rarely had a bad experience and would recommend anyone to apply for this company.
can be fun at times
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Perrystown, Dublin 12February 24, 2016
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
Some days are good fun and you get to meet so many different customers, some nice and of course some very difficult.
Working 12 hour shifts are hard.
Rate of pay I can't complain, it's reasonable but maybe when you're working 12 hour shifts you should get extra.
Some days are very busy, which I like as your day goes faster, and there is a lot of cash handling so can be somewhat stressful.
Don't get a job at Ladbrokes
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), South EastFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: Easy job
Cons: Sitting target to be robbed.
Unsociable hours, 14 hour days, regularly left to work on your own despite it being a high risk environment. Company have no regard for your health or safety. Only thing they care about is not failing Think 21 tests. Supposed to be on the shop floor even though you are safer behind the counter. Not a day goes by when you aren't verbally abused by at least one customer.
Very interesting and varied environment to work in.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: Sports on TV all day!
Cons: Very long hours, and irregular shift patterns.
People always ask me weather I get bored sitting in the store all day but believe it or not its extremely stimulating during the busy periods.

There are many people to speak to throughout the day especially about my favourite subject, sports.

There are always things within the store that need to be maintained such as, tidiness, marketing and customer interactions.
not worthy
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), EdinburghFebruary 19, 2016
Get left on your own as a trainee sent to collect thousands of pounds from other shops without knowing security procedures etc...
Ok environment
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: Good shop team
Cons: Long Hours
Good job, harder than it seems, more mentally challenging than it is psychically challenging.
Good shop teams in different areas.
Everything is pretty much learn on the job
Easy but management was a joke
Customer service manager (Former Employee), StanningleyFebruary 15, 2016
easy work, dealt with regular customers. Management was a joke, you had no time for yourself. the co workers was easy to get along with but the worst part about the job was no matter what you did for the company you never got recognition and they were always looking for a way to do you over, plus the shifts and the amount of times everything changed was unbelievable.
Customer focused
Marketplace manager (Current Employee), HarrowFebruary 14, 2016
Pros: BONUSES
A typical day enjoyable no two days are the same
I have learned that the customer is number one priority
Managment are easy to talk to
Co-workers are team players
The hardest part of the job would be staffing shops to cover sickness
Seeing what my team can acheive
A good place to work o
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), PeterboroughFebruary 11, 2016
Working for ladbrokes I have become familiar with the gaming industry gaining new knowledge about betting. Working with both regular and new customers providing them with the highest level of customer service that is expected. Management are friendly and always willing to help along the way, as well as co-workers, being not just colleagues but also friends. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is working cloesly with the public and meeting new people. and by far the hardest, is having to learn all the different ways of placing a bet.