Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive,
CSM (Current Employee), East LondonMay 21, 2016
Pros: A lot of overtime
Cons: Can get Very Stressful, need thick skin some days
Your day starts really early at 7:40am, and finishes at 10:15pm most shops. Most shifts I did was 13-14hr, four to five days a week. The best thing I learded was a highly praied level people skill, your somtimes the person customer neet to come to celibrate with or comforted. You feel as thought your your own boss and your carry busiines (Customer Service)with you, somtime customer would only come in when your there to get the right experiance. The job does come with a lot of High risk, there are alot of safty measures that our there that you wont find everywhere else. The Shop team really make the day. Celebrating with customers when they Win
great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), LondonMay 16, 2016
Talk to customers with a view to identifying opportunities to promote profitable turnover and deal with customer complaints and comments in such a way as to enhance customer loyalty, resolving as many as possible in the shop I would need to maintain customer service throughout the shop according to divisional standards. Minimize queuing by managing and operating bet placement technologies with speed and accuracy. I had to plan and implement agreed promotional activities. Operate effective cash control procedures and ensure all colleagues are aware of cash control responsibilities. This allows me to contribute to colleague training when needed.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), LiverpoolMay 15, 2016
Rewarding job with excellent benefits...
Demanding job with challenging situations...
Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new customers...
Great Place
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), NuneatonMay 10, 2016
.I really enjoy working here, Great training, all co workers are brilliant and a great rate of pay. I would recommend joining the team
i would reccomend
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), londonMay 10, 2016
management is terrible and they are not flexible and the hardest bit is the customer are verbally abusive and it makes working there harder for the staff
good
Customer Service Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee), South KensingtonMay 5, 2016
It was a okay job , good progression and plenty of opportunity to work.
Also very flexible hours.
Not much required apart from being on hand for customers
Good job but lacks recognition and progression
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Milton KeynesApril 25, 2016
Pros: Not too hard once you know what you're doing
Cons: Long and unsociable hours, lacks progression
I find the job on a day-to-day basis is not too challenging, it would be perfect for someone who is not looking to take on too much responsibility but still earn reasonable money for it. I found that it was not inspiring for me and my commercial awareness was not appreciated or even recognized by the company.
Good laugh with customers.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), CambridgeApril 23, 2016
Pros: Customers are fun and mostly friendly
Cons: Stupid hours, terrible management, pay is shocking, never get the weekend off.
Terrible management that don't care about their staff. The pay is terrible. You don't really have much choice of trying to move into a higher role (such as; customer service manager). When they do give you the chance to train for it then all you do is come into work earlier and open and close the shops. It's only £1 per hour more than cashiers. No career.
Shocking
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), PerthApril 5, 2016
Pros: You can go for a cig whenever you want
Cons: Everything else
Total waste of time, management is run by non qualified and unprofessional people. U hardly get a break because of short staff and single manning. The hours can be far too long. There is favouritism amongst employees. Left on your own to suite other skiving off. Most of the staff talk about you behind your back. They never deliver on there bonuses. Always asked to come in on your day off. You would have better luck joining a circus. You dont get trained properly on purpose so that you fail. Worst job in the world fact!!!!
Ladbrokes
customer service manager (Former Employee), SloughApril 1, 2016
Cons: 14 hours
All ways I'm enjoyed in that job , learn lots of think in customer service and finance and up coming marketing , handle lots of difficult situation and pressure situation as well
CASHIER (Former Employee), Trim, County MeathMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Got tips within horse racing.
Cons: Very busy and stressful
Whilst working at Ladbrokes I gained a lot of experience using tills, it was always very busy and I always had to be on my toes because there would be numerous amounts of customers putting on bets at the same time. I found that my district coordinator was not very caring and did not give me feedback on the work I was doing or if I was progressing in the shop. I had to leave Ladbrokes because I started college. The hardest part of the job was busy weeks like Cheltenham and Galway races, the shop would be hectic and very busy.
hshs
Customer Service Advisor/Manager (Former Employee), CheltenhamMarch 29, 2016
Pros: shs
Cons: shs
Terrible place to work, over worked, no balance. Depressed.Poorly Managed. Unfair to staff. Decent pay for what you do but not nice.
Good job, poor higher management
Manager (Former Employee), NewportMarch 28, 2016
Pros: Salary, friendly customers
Cons: Hours are all over the place
Good company to work for, you have good and bad days working here. You meet all kinds of people behind the counter. From the arrogant to the friendly conversationalists. The arrogant out weigh the friendly kind.
Upper management are poor in planning and execution. The Human resources department is a joke, expect a three hour wait to talk to somebody.
Depends where you working
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Bury St. EdmundsMarch 4, 2016
Cons: Long hours. Lack of respect from managers. Threats of violence.
It is a very mixed bag job. Some days are busy and rushed, others are quite and very slow. I like others that reviewed was sent to do banking when not giving any training or info of the what to do and what not to do. Guess living in the country side has its pluses. MPM's and other manages I've personal delt with where a joke. If you was their mate and went to the pub or gym with them you could do no wrong. Having been in the job for all of 5 weeks on a Saturday I was left on my own from 10am till 9:45pm (csa at the time)

I was told many times as a chasier when trying to put things forwards, your just a chasier so what you think doesn't matter. Tho other where like second family. I do miss some of the old boy regulars. You do soon get to know people and the way they bet
Poor management
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Southend-On-SeaMarch 2, 2016
Pros: A lot of overtime
Cons: Unprofessional management and lone working
A typical day at work? Everyday is the same. It's a low skills job. Therefore your main job will be dealing with abusive customers and collecting cash from the fixed odd betting terminals. Nothing innovating, technical or creative.

The only skills you will ever learn whilst working for Ladbrokes as a retail employee is communication skill. You will mainly talk to tracksuit lovers, the unemployed and OAP. Hardly pick up any good or useful vocabularies anyway.

Management in Ladbrokes? Awful. They have no clue what they are doing. Too many under educated managers within Ladbrokes retail division. Constantly changing the rules. Constantly using the age old intimidation tactics. Constantly hiring shills to write fake 5* reviews about Ladbrokes so they can recruit more people. Yes. Many old and new ones left this job on a weekly basis.

Co-workers? You get the funny ones, grumpy ones, sly ones, lazy ones, dedicated ones, mature ones or just boring ones. If you are a confident individual and have good people skills, you'll be fine. But my advice is to never throw shades at your line managers in front of your new Ladbrokes colleagues until you sniffed out who the pets are within your group.

Hardest part of the job? Having to deal with the under educated managers demands. If you work in retail jobs before, you will understand that retail is not a technical or professional field. Hence a lot of clowns end up working their careers up the retail ladder. It seems common for Ladbrokes managers to use intimidation and bully tactics. Especially since there so many sick calls. – more... Managers will harass you to work on your day off even if you worked 12 hours for 5 days already. It is very unpleasant.

The most enjoyable part of the job? At least Ladbrokes pay on time. A lot of overtime available, so for people that do not have a good education, you can still earn a very decent amount of money. For the people that want to go for the bigger things in life, make sure you do not stay too long. Keep progressing. Keep studying. Keep searching. – less
Great colleagues
Commercial Assistant (Current Employee), WolverhamptonMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work with a nice working environment and friendly colleagues who help when stuck on anything.
Hardest part of job is remembering the promotions that are on and giving the right information to customers
fun iniatially
Shop Manager (Former Employee), GalwayFebruary 27, 2016
Cons: long hours
Initially this company was fun and desirable to work for . However shareholders profits became the main objective of the company with little emphasis being put on customer and staff relations .
great
Bookmaker (Former Employee), AyrFebruary 25, 2016
this was a great place to work.great staff and customers.very rarely had a bad experience and would recommend anyone to apply for this company.
can be fun at times
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Perrystown, Dublin 12February 24, 2016
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
Some days are good fun and you get to meet so many different customers, some nice and of course some very difficult.
Working 12 hour shifts are hard.
Rate of pay I can't complain, it's reasonable but maybe when you're working 12 hour shifts you should get extra.
Some days are very busy, which I like as your day goes faster, and there is a lot of cash handling so can be somewhat stressful.
Don't get a job at Ladbrokes
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), South EastFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: Easy job
Cons: Sitting target to be robbed.
Unsociable hours, 14 hour days, regularly left to work on your own despite it being a high risk environment. Company have no regard for your health or safety. Only thing they care about is not failing Think 21 tests. Supposed to be on the shop floor even though you are safer behind the counter. Not a day goes by when you aren't verbally abused by at least one customer.