Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

Not a Job i wanted to in stay long term.
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Rayners Lane11 June 2016
I worked here for 5 years until i started my own business. The management is rude and ignorant they treat you badly and you receive alot of abuse on a daily basis. Also i believe the management was racist towards me and treated other employees with more respect than me. They were prejudice and treated those people like they were their best friend but gave me a hard time.I do not believe it is worth it working for them the hours are long and salary is too low. I am now making much more money being self employed and i have more free time for my wife, friends and family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
managment, daily abuse, difficult customers, long hours, low salary
Managable
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester18 July 2016
extremely long hours, no balance between life and work,
Salary benefits brilliant, rewarding
Job security fantastic, the measures taken to keep safe is unquestionable
Managment, poor experiences, not understanding very rude
Pros
wage
In the 1980's...Far too insular, and predisposed to control of eployees
Senior Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Nationwide26 May 2016
Rather than giving the staff of their company the freedom to sell the products, and reap the benefits, they chose to control the system in which they worked to limit the potential of the talent they had available. In the 1970's, my average shop profit was 21.8%. The average nowadays it is in the region of 15%. Such a shame.
Pros
Variety, day to day, and a fair amount of laughter.
Cons
Limitations, that to anyone in the industry are obvious.
In life with ladbrokes
Ex Customer service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cirencester14 September 2016
I worked for Ladbrokes for over 10 years and the Higher Management ground each and every member of my team till we all left, the job I loved and would still be their but the last two years became impossible with unreal targets etc extended opening hours no staff, all I did was work and sleep only eating while working as never enough staff to have breaks the final straw was employing people fast tracking training just so they can open and close shops.If mistakes were made it was me who was expected to sort it out or got a telling off as I was experienced Sorry NO getting paid the same as me you deal with it. The MPM Dave Jones for the area will lie to cover shifts promises days off etc etc but never delivers he lied about my holiday to which I'm still owed 56 hrs 50 min MY ADVICE do not apply if your a fun loving person with family and social life because after 6months you won't have any thing no life at all just Ladbrokes
Pros
Watching sport
Cons
Long hours no breaks and verbally abused every day
Good job, poor higher management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport28 March 2016
Good company to work for, you have good and bad days working here. You meet all kinds of people behind the counter. From the arrogant to the friendly conversationalists. The arrogant out weigh the friendly kind.
Upper management are poor in planning and execution. The Human resources department is a joke, expect a three hour wait to talk to somebody.
Pros
Salary, friendly customers
Cons
Hours are all over the place
Shocking
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire24 November 2016
Ladbrokes is the worst place I have ever worked spent years there they make people managers just so they can leave them in shops by themselves when people are not trained properly. Mistakes are then made and people are punished for it!!!
Long hours expect ladbrokes to rule your life!!
The people high up couldn't care less about shop staff!!
Like been back at school spoken to like rubbish not respected what so ever.
Pros
Lovely regulars
Cons
Management, long hours
mentally draining.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Colchester4 August 2016
To begin with, it was great fun. Unfortunately, once you become a duty manager the fun gets sucked up by the long 12.5+ hour working days with only a cashier for a mere 3 or 4 hours during the day. You're single manning most of the time and you are at danger of robberies and conmen. Being given only a personal alarm and a phone for security whilst in a shop full of money really is not all that. You get abusive customers on machines in the evening and you are expected to spend lots of time out on the shop floor even if you are lone working.

The pros though, are that you often get to work with some decent staff who probably feel as feddup as you and at least their company makes you feel that bit better about the job. Also, once youve been there long enough you end up fairly close with the regulars who can make you laugh and keep you that little bit saner!
Pros
Decent colleagues and the odd decent regular.
Cons
Long hours, lone working, low pay, not overly safe.
Poor
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow26 August 2016
Staff in the shops really friendly welcoming and fun, however the market place manager and other managements did not give a hoot about anyone, shop left to run on its own with no support, market place manager upset if you foned him on his weekend off ( which was every weekend) sent to post office carrying thousands of pounds with no company, all this company cares about is making money and wouldn't not know how to value anyone
Pros
Cons
Long hours, worst pay ever, no support or interaction with management
stressfull
service manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire19 November 2016
long hours never have weekends free, but work is good and customers are friendly and yo have a good team to work with, the wage is also good for the sector of work.
Pros
good breaks good pension
shocking!!!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Midlands21 June 2016
I Would have given this company A 0 score if that was an option. Staff are lovely but the management expect to much,especially when the staff in question have had basic training and expected to run the shop.rules are there when it suits them.no structure and no career prospects.after 8 years I'm glad I'm out of it
Pros
Cons
long hours, working all weekend untill 10 pm
Productive support in learning and growth
Personal Assitant to National Betting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 September 2016
- learned responsibility and working in an adult mature manner
- taught me management skills
- expanded my customer service experience dramatically
- co-workers were supportive and asisstive in teaching me and allowing me to learn
Pros
long hours and busy tasks
Cons
not the desired working field
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool15 May 2016
Rewarding job with excellent benefits...
Demanding job with challenging situations...
Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new customers...
fast paced ever changing work enviroment
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Craigavon29 October 2016
Taking bets and interacting daily with both customers and management. I have gained invaluable customer service skills from this company. working in a close nit shop teams has both advantages and disadvantages
working at ladbrokes
My role was a Customer Service Assistant / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton30 June 2016
Its a great place to work, however worst HR department and management. Overall customers are lovely the entire atmosphere is lovely and colleagues can be lovely too.
Pros
relaxed, lovely customers
Cons
long hours, terrible hr, bad management, expect your first pay to be delayed
Productive and fun workplace
VIP Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  GI14 July 2016
You had extremely buzy and stressful days, but the really good days balanced it out. The team there are fantastic, and work really well together. But you need to be on your toes. The management are really helpful at all times, I never felt I couldn't approach them. The hardest part of the job is hitting the percentages of the scoring that they give, I'm not the fastest at typing and was trying to take on too much to help the team before I was ready for it, so did not score high. Most enjoyable would have to be the team of people in there.
Pros
Decent working hours
Cons
score sheets
It can get intense when dealing with robberies/theft / assaults but can be enjoyable in other aspects of the job
control room operator (Current Employee) –  Head office -17 July 2016
Job can get busy regarding monitoring of shop staff coming in during the morning resting alarm etc - have learned a lot on customer/staff service - management is left to us mostly during the day - have an excellent team rapport with my co-workers - hardest part and enjoyable part off the job is trying to get shop staff to understand the reset shop alarm/ pa ( panic alarm ) procedure's and when it works -
fun workplace
Cashier/Board markers (Former Employee) –  coventry12 September 2016
My mane job was to put the odds on to a board and change them if they went up or down.
taking in customers betting slips and handing out their winnings
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
Long hours and Productive.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke1 August 2016
You get thrown into the deep end quite quickly but I believe its one of the best ways to learn. Help is always there if you need it, you need to learn to work long hours and by yourself so initiative is important.
Pros
Money is good, indepedence.
Cons
Long and erratic hours.
great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London16 May 2016
Talk to customers with a view to identifying opportunities to promote profitable turnover and deal with customer complaints and comments in such a way as to enhance customer loyalty, resolving as many as possible in the shop I would need to maintain customer service throughout the shop according to divisional standards. Minimize queuing by managing and operating bet placement technologies with speed and accuracy. I had to plan and implement agreed promotional activities. Operate effective cash control procedures and ensure all colleagues are aware of cash control responsibilities. This allows me to contribute to colleague training when needed.
sporting fun
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London17 July 2016
its great to get paid to know all sports...and have fun whilst working. although long hours its fun to go to work...customer facing is fabulous however more bonuses should be available to staff that work hard
Pros
watching all football

2.7