Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Depends on your postion
Cashier (Current Employee), ScotlandMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Collegues
Cons: Single manning (although not personally affected) customers who dont know how to behave
If you work as a cashier you tend to do pretty decent shifts and always have a customer service manager working with you. However, if you are a CSM you work a lot on your own at nights and have the additional responsibilities. Cashiers and managers have to keep on top of a lot of rules and requirements. Would be better if single manning wasn't in place at night for the managers. Overtime is usually available which is good and flexibility is an option as long as you help each other out. It also helps having a decent market place manager. Overall not a bad place to work if your a cashier, wouldn't do it as a manager though. Second time I've worked for the company so it can't be that bad!! If you do your job properly you should be fine. As for people saying they don't get breaks, I can't understand that.... Don't people just take their breaks when their cashier comes in? And toilet breaks.....we have a lock for the main door which we can use from behind the counter (for security mainly - although that could definitely be improved, but that's another story) to go for a toilet break.
Fun workplace
CSA (Current Employee), Bishop Auckland, ENGMarch 20, 2015
Pros: short hours friendly work place
Cons: not enough cash
In a typical day I would come in check my till and transfer money from safe. I would be greeting customers taking and capturing bet information. I would take money to bank,shop tidy and make sure marketing is correct. My co workers are very friendly. I enjoy working here but the wages/hours are not enough
Learning curve
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 12, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not enough progression
a typical day at work is always a busy day, me and my team enjoy to provide excellent customer service.Because of days like this I always learn new things, for example how to work part of a team and mistakes that I should not repeat. being a manager for three years has put me in the front line of the betting industry. From advising staff and customers on key product knowledge and running a clean and professional environment for everyone. This makes the relationship between me and my co workers amazing. Hardest part of my job is that I hunger to progress higher, yet there is not allot of space when wanting to progress. I love working with my co workers and learning new things from customers, everyday is a unique insight into the does and don'ts in customer service.
ladbrokes
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee), West browichMarch 8, 2015
I had to serve customers, learn how to take bets and how to work them out, I had to keep the shop clean and safe. I have opened up the shop on my own while doing manager training this involved making sure the safe was correct. handling money, sorting out the tills, setting up the shop, making sure everything was correct . I have dealt with difficult customers and worked under pressure. I enjoyed meeting new people and having the chance to build of my career .
Good place to learn and progress in Customer Services.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), ENGMarch 6, 2015
Not only did this role allow me to expand my knowledge and improve my skills in Customer Services, I gained a large amount of knowledge about sports and betting itself.
Exciting and dynamic environment
P/T Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), StonecrossMarch 4, 2015
Pros: meeting new people everyday and engaging in team work
Cons: unsociable hours every weekend
There is no such thing as a typical day in Ladbrokes. Every day there are new challenges and hurdles to overcome. I greet and meet new customer everyday, meet customers needs and ensure they have an enjoyable experience.

I learn new things everyday. Whilst interacting with customers, I learn about their life, how to deal with different situations everyday and it's imperative that I adapt to new situations everyday.

My co-workers are my second family. We have built a strong connection with each other which is vital to any working environment to run efficiently.

The hardest part of my job are the unsociable hours on weekends and all week. This makes it difficult to find the time for the shop team to go out and socialise together, as it may be difficult to provide cover.

Having said that, the unsociable hours allow for a vast amount of flexibility on working days. Also, as I am a outgoing and bubbly person, I love building a rapport and developing my communication skills with my customers. Finally, I love promoting Ladbrokes and the exciting new promotions and representing an engaging organisation.
ok
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), cardiffFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: constant closing shift unless senior management
good hourly rate for management however the hours just are not there,to much emphasis on sales when working alone and not enough time in the day for what is expected
enjoyable job, poor work/life balance
Marketplace Manager (Current Employee), Maryport, ENGFebruary 21, 2015
Days are varied and interesting. However can sometimes be long and not child friendly. Enjoyable role, but see myself in something more family friendly.
Something New
Customer Advisor (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: positive environment, opportunity to learn something new
As I had never placed a bet or gambled before, working at Ladbrokes would be something where I would have to learn not only the job role but betting in general. The management staff and other colleagues have been thoroughly helpful in teaching me as well as being patient with me through out my training and still now with things I am unsure about. My typical shift includes taking bets and working the shop floor greeting customers, asking for ID and offering advice on products. As well as this the shop I currently work in is used mainly by locals so its important that we have a informal interaction with customers as well as a formal one so as to maintain the feel of the shop that its a welcoming and friendly environment in which the staff and customers can interact comfortably together. The hardest part of the job is remembering the bets but as mentioned previously the other members of staff are always there to offer help. I do thoroughly enjoy my job as its a positive environment surrounded by people I get on well with and I have learnt now all about placing bets in which otherwise I never would have without this current job.
Ladbrokes
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), LondonFebruary 20, 2015
Enjoyed role as Cashier.
Management and co-workers were very easy to work with.
Reason for leaving felt it was time to move on.
Could be better
June 2011 - Customer Services Manager (Current Employee), Leicester, ENGFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: pay, pension, overtime
Cons: long hours, no social life, abuse
Have to deal with abusive customers is not overly fun. Pay is good but security could be better. Not really a team as not able to trust everyone you work with. Can have good customers and bad but without local security have to rely on the police to get there as fast as they can. Spend most of the day on your own with breaks covered and occassionally a cashier for longer than an hour.
fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee), Llantwit Major, WLSJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: having a laugh
Cons: not seing a customer for hours
I would open the shop and get everything ready for the like getting both till ready and machines running for the day then help customers with there bets and make sure there on in time for the racing, how to run the shop on my own. management were always on the end off the phone if you had any problems, the girls I worked with loved the job, trying to remember all the odds on all the betting for the day, I enjoyed going out in to the customers area and having a laugh with them all and making them a hot a hot drink.
challenging yet fun
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Kilmarnock, SCTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great team working enviroment
Cons: challenging at times
great place to work with the public. great team working environment, really easy to progress within the company if you work hard.
the workplace
shop manger (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 3 days off per week
Cons: long hours single manning
12 hour shift each day is different from the next interesting customers of variable due to single manning little time is spent working with a co worker when someone wins big it is good to see there reaction
Absolutely shocking company
Duty Manager/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), MidlandsJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: no breaks, long hours, poor security, very cliquey
if you even consider working for this company then I suggest you go and get a reality check!
Vile co-workers, rubbish upper management, 15 hour shifts, no breaks, no life, no care for staff welfare, sit alone 8+ hours per day.
Cliquey..?? As soon as you turn around your colleagues will have a knife in your back, never known such horrible gossiping people!
Joke company run by absolute imbeciles who are only interested in robbing people blind by trying to get them to put every penny they own into the gaming machines.
I'd rather be on the dole than work for this terrible company!
They also Hire kids who know nothing about gambling or bet settling at all for cheap labour purposes.
Avoid this company like the plague!!
You have been warned!!
enjoyed my job
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Cosham, ENGJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for Ladbrokes as I wassent just in one shop I went around different shops cashiering so it was nice to meet new people and different managers. the hardest part was to deal with some difficult customers but gets sorted when you speak to the right people depending what the problem was but I got that solved.
a day at ladbrokes
deputy manager then made up to manager (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: travel card
Cons: machines breaking down
start 8.30 opening the shop open tills counting out the money putting up papers starting up ssbt and fobt machines checking shop is ready to trade check all latest information regarding the days trading brief staff when they arrive for work through the course of the day checking to make sure shop is tidy and interacting with the customers before leaving at night all money is checked machines are emptied and the end of day is run
Poor place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Kirkcaldy, SCTJanuary 19, 2015
Long hours with very little support. Left alone for long periods of time, have to work extra hours to ensure money is correct etc.
Awful firm that needs investigating -no respect for EU employment laws
Store Manager (Former Employee), PeterboroughJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: long hours, disrespect, anti-social, abuse, threats, poor management, cliques
I was taken on by this shower when they bought a firm I was working for. I should have quit then. This firm is run by clowns, has no respect for it's employees and is run like a giant clique. I was threatened to sign away my contract and accept even less pay (to save THEM money!) and when I refused, I was suspended and then sacked for contacting a fellow employee whilst suspended! I had to contact ACAS and sue them for constructive dismissal...and I'm not alone!

I see they are looking for apprentices, so they are finding new ways of paying less. Avoid this firm like the plague. They will have you working 14 hours a day without toilet, water or food breaks. They will breach working time directive by working you 50 or 60 hours per week. You will be threatened, spat at, abused and disrespected daily by customers -and then punished by ladbrokes if you speak up or make a mistake.

You won't have a life, you will be expected to work unsociable hours and you will never get even so much as a thank you. Forget promotion unless your face fits. And best bit...they will sack you and take their chances in court if they can save a few pence.
Opportunistic and supportive place to work.
Multi Site Operations Manager (Current Employee), Blackpool, ENGJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good team
Cons: frequent relocation
A typical day at work would be reviewing P&L for the previous day's business to identify what the focus throughout each site should be. Interact with each member of my team proactively to sell each of them the tasks they should be achieving. Coach each team member every day to increase their productivity in the workplace.

I have progressed through several career levels at Ladbrokes and learned a great deal from effective leadership to managing time effectively.

My co-workers are always very helpful and there is a definite team environment.

The most difficult part of my job has been managing one of my team members who had previously applied for the same role as me. I had to establish an effective working relationship with this team member to guarantee my team mainatined high motivation levels and worked together with respect for myself and their peers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is training my team. Coaching teams and seeing their successes and the success of my sites is one of the best parts of my role.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes plc is a British based gambling company. It is based in Rayners Lane in Harrow, London. The company was founded by Messrs – Read more