Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

productive for customers
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, ENGJanuary 25, 2016
arrive at the shop 20-25 minutes before open to check all the money and put the papers up and make sure that all the machines are operational and fully functional, i have learnt a lot more about the gambling industry and different emotions that people display, as i am pat of the lower level management it can be difficult to get opinions and matters heard and if they are if they get taken notice of, the best part of the job can be the people that i have worked with and can help through bad days and help with the shops buisness and any other issues that require attention, the job is a relivant easy job the hardest would be the staffing issues tha are faced with every week, the most enjoyable part of the job is sob satisfaction knowing that every aspect of the job has been completed and is always running smoothly.
Pros
decent pay for what work is needed including going the extra mile
Cons
long hours, shift work, and mostly weekend working
productive and
customer service manager (Former Employee) –  West LondonJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work starts with organisation of resources and prioritising the tasks of the day.I have learned the great people skills and cash management.Constant training of staff and managing the labour and promoting new products.Daily co-ordination with co -workers is very important for the smooth and efficient management at work .Hardest part of the job was to deal with the rude customers and high inflow and outflow of cash and the last most enjoyable part of the job is to spend the whole day in watching and following the favourite sport and sharing the enthusiasm with customers and co-workers.
Pros
great sports knowledge
Cons
Good job, poor higher management
Manager (Former Employee) –  NewportMarch 28, 2016
Good company to work for, you have good and bad days working here. You meet all kinds of people behind the counter. From the arrogant to the friendly conversationalists. The arrogant out weigh the friendly kind.
Upper management are poor in planning and execution. The Human resources department is a joke, expect a three hour wait to talk to somebody.
Pros
Salary, friendly customers
Cons
Hours are all over the place
Different day to day
Betting office (Current Employee) –  customer service managerJanuary 18, 2016
No 2 days in the betting industry are ever the same.
You may have one day a coach load of football supporters wanting £10/£20 etc on their team to win and then the day after or an hour later come to a group of pensioners wanting just have a 50p on a horse like at the Grand National or Royal Ascot.
In the betting industry I have leant how much of a big issue customer confidentiality is + why you are told not to disclose peoples betting habbits.
Management cann be classed as a shift manager which i am upto regional/ district/ c.e.o. management. You may be a shop manager but it does not stop at just shop level.
Hardest part of the job is when the shop is busy + the computers crash. Having to explain to your customer that you are trying to serve that they cannot have their bet is very disappointing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer comes in to have their bet checked + to be told they have a winner when they do not have a clue that their bet has has come in. This mainly happens on the Irish lottery
Pros
Meeting new people
Ladbrokes
Shop manager from March 2014 (Former Employee) –  ChichesterFebruary 1, 2016
I learnt a lot in this job, I started at the bottom as a cashier. Within 5 months I got offered a management role and I took and never looked back. I had a passion everyday to get up and do my best for the company and enjoyed it. I worked very well with all members of staff and had a good time whilst working hard. The hardest part of the role were the hours. 3 or 4 times a week i would be doing a 8.00am-10-10pm and sometimes it would get tough but still enjoyed it.
Pros
Football on the TV, bonus incentives
Cons
Long hours on your own
Depends where you working
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bury St. EdmundsMarch 4, 2016
It is a very mixed bag job. Some days are busy and rushed, others are quite and very slow. I like others that reviewed was sent to do banking when not giving any training or info of the what to do and what not to do. Guess living in the country side has its pluses. MPM's and other manages I've personal delt with where a joke. If you was their mate and went to the pub or gym with them you could do no wrong. Having been in the job for all of 5 weeks on a Saturday I was left on my own from 10am till 9:45pm (csa at the time)

I was told many times as a chasier when trying to put things forwards, your just a chasier so what you think doesn't matter. Tho other where like second family. I do miss some of the old boy regulars. You do soon get to know people and the way they bet
Cons
Long hours. Lack of respect from managers. Threats of violence.
Ladbrokes from a customer service manager
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  North WestFebruary 4, 2016
Don't do it.
Worse industry ever to work for. Management is awful and sometimes they use bully tatics to get you to do what they want.
Keep away it's really not worth it. Only apply if you like licking bum cause that's the only way you can fit into this managent team.
YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!!!!!
Pros
Free tea and coffee thats it.
Cons
Long hours. Management dont care at all
Shocking
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  PerthApril 5, 2016
Total waste of time, management is run by non qualified and unprofessional people. U hardly get a break because of short staff and single manning. The hours can be far too long. There is favouritism amongst employees. Left on your own to suite other skiving off. Most of the staff talk about you behind your back. They never deliver on there bonuses. Always asked to come in on your day off. You would have better luck joining a circus. You dont get trained properly on purpose so that you fail. Worst job in the world fact!!!!
Pros
You can go for a cig whenever you want
Cons
Everything else
Loving being treat like a piece of dirt.... NOT!!!
customer service manager (Former Employee) –  YorkshireJanuary 24, 2016
Ladbrokes promise friendly fun inviting welcoming and job advancement. All of which is untrue. There's never ending pointless tasks at hand. With a never ending supply of pointless things to do. Along with babysitting fully grown adults ( who apparantly can't look after themselves) covering the endless supply of apparantly sick staff. logs, interactions, customer complaints and your market place and area managers passing their work on too. You also find yourself cleaning including fouled toilets and bathroom walls and playing the part of a coffee shop maid supplying endless tea and coffee to people who just come and sit to keep warm. The staff at ladbrokes are underpaid under valued and never receive a thanks from the management. They offer a bonus which I personally haven't received for 6 years due to not reaching unreachable targets. You will be promised advancement as you are in any company just ladbrokes don't follow through. You will be put through your paces in a very busy shop environment while being swore at and personally abused by thugs thinking their men. Iv been spat at. Had a chair thrown at me. Iv watched my gaming machines being smashed. Been scared out of my wits. But I suppose that's all down to working alone till 10p !!! Truly an undesirable place to have worked. Would not recommend to my worst enemy. All part of the ladbrokes experience I guess Pffffft ...
Pros
On quiet days you get paid to watch sport.
Cons
undervalued. Low pay. long hours working alone
Awful!
customer service manager (Former Employee) –  LondonNovember 16, 2015
Having worked at Ladbrokes for two years I can honestly say I am so relieved to have found a new job and no longer have to be subjected to working for such a poorly run company. The company has no empathy for any of its staff and expects you to work 15 hour shifts sometimes solely by yourself if no other staff are available to cashier for you, you are expected to sprint to and from the toilet so not to miss taking customers bets. The amount of grief and abuse I have received from customers is appalling especially whilst working late nights by myself but management could not care less. My anxiety was awful whilst at Ladbrokes and I had a constant feeling of dread knowing I would have to go to work as I couldn't afford not to! Cuts being made all the time never any money to make improvements despite constant feedback from both staff and customers. Impossible to compete with local bookmakers.
Pros
Pay is good but should be more considering single scheduling etc
Cons
Long hours, poor management, abuse from customers, unsafe working conditions, short staffed all the time, almost everything!
Good if you like sport but poor and bullying senior management,
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  West End of LondonJune 16, 2016
Enjoyed about seven years at Ladbrokes. Always worked with very good and friendly shop staff. Unfortunately the atmosphere changed somewhat with the introduction of the FOBTS (the roulette and gambling machines) which introduced a more abusive style of customer (not all of them of course). Shamefully in my last two years or some I also experienced and witnessed bullying behaviour from an Area Manager and some of the Group Supervisors (at which stage, and down to ill-health I decided to leave the company). Most of my time with them was great. Just sad it had a sour parting of the waves.
Pros
Great for anybody who loves sports, in particular horse racing and football.
Cons
Can be boring when the night racing is over. Some, but not many, customers can be very aggressive, though usually only verbally.
Awful
customer service manager (Current Employee) –  North EastJanuary 21, 2016
Terrible company to work for, staff are expected to run their lives by Ladbrokes, shifts constantly change to cover other people, if you refuse you are treated like your the one that is in the wrong. very long shifts (13-14 hours) with only a 1 hour break, most of the shift (8 till 12 in the morning and 5 till 10 on a night) is spent on your own due to the single manning policy. The two time periods you single man are the 2 most common times that bookmakers are robbed, so they rota you in on your own (makes sense). Company doesn't care about staff welfare when it comes to safety. your placed in a dangerous environment where you are a sitting duck for a robbery, or physical or verbal abuse from customers who are angry they've lost money.

If your single and have no social life, happy to take abuse from customers and be told off for doing things wrong by management who have no idea what a betting slip looks like this is the perfect job for you. If you have family and friends then stay well clear as you wont get to see them because Ladbrokes comes first
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything else
mentally draining.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  ColchesterAugust 4, 2016
To begin with, it was great fun. Unfortunately, once you become a duty manager the fun gets sucked up by the long 12.5+ hour working days with only a cashier for a mere 3 or 4 hours during the day. You're single manning most of the time and you are at danger of robberies and conmen. Being given only a personal alarm and a phone for security whilst in a shop full of money really is not all that. You get abusive customers on machines in the evening and you are expected to spend lots of time out on the shop floor even if you are lone working.

The pros though, are that you often get to work with some decent staff who probably feel as feddup as you and at least their company makes you feel that bit better about the job. Also, once youve been there long enough you end up fairly close with the regulars who can make you laugh and keep you that little bit saner!
Pros
Decent colleagues and the odd decent regular.
Cons
Long hours, lone working, low pay, not overly safe.
A good place to work o
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  PeterboroughFebruary 11, 2016
Working for ladbrokes I have become familiar with the gaming industry gaining new knowledge about betting. Working with both regular and new customers providing them with the highest level of customer service that is expected. Management are friendly and always willing to help along the way, as well as co-workers, being not just colleagues but also friends. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is working cloesly with the public and meeting new people. and by far the hardest, is having to learn all the different ways of placing a bet.
HONESTLY THE WORST JOB ON PLANET EARTH
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  EnglandNovember 10, 2015
Poor management, no room for promotion, your social/family life is completely non existent, hours are ridiculous 15hr back to back shifts, no respect from management, some customers attitudes are awful, training is awful, single manning, some times you will be by yourself all day if they fail to find cover, shop movements are quite often, and for the job you do and the stuff you have to put up with the wage of 8.34 is shocking.
Pros
Days off
Cons
The company
Very interesting and varied environment to work in.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonFebruary 21, 2016
People always ask me weather I get bored sitting in the store all day but believe it or not its extremely stimulating during the busy periods.

There are many people to speak to throughout the day especially about my favourite subject, sports.

There are always things within the store that need to be maintained such as, tidiness, marketing and customer interactions.
Pros
Sports on TV all day!
Cons
Very long hours, and irregular shift patterns.
Not a Job i wanted to in stay long term.
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Rayners LaneJune 11, 2016
I worked here for 5 years until i started my own business. The management is rude and ignorant they treat you badly and you receive alot of abuse on a daily basis. Also i believe the management was racist towards me and treated other employees with more respect than me. They were prejudice and treated those people like they were their best friend but gave me a hard time.I do not believe it is worth it working for them the hours are long and salary is too low. I am now making much more money being self employed and i have more free time for my wife, friends and family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
managment, daily abuse, difficult customers, long hours, low salary
Productive,
CSM (Current Employee) –  East LondonMay 21, 2016
Your day starts really early at 7:40am, and finishes at 10:15pm most shops. Most shifts I did was 13-14hr, four to five days a week. The best thing I learded was a highly praied level people skill, your somtimes the person customer neet to come to celibrate with or comforted. You feel as thought your your own boss and your carry busiines (Customer Service)with you, somtime customer would only come in when your there to get the right experiance. The job does come with a lot of High risk, there are alot of safty measures that our there that you wont find everywhere else. The Shop team really make the day. Celebrating with customers when they Win
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Can get Very Stressful, need thick skin some days
Fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLSJanuary 6, 2016
The average day consists of taking sports bets and having a laugh with customers with little to no problems. When it's a good day its fantastic, when it's a bad day it can be an absolute nightmare. You're working alone a lot of the time, customers can be great unless they are argumentative maybe 1 in every 2,000 you serve. Hardest part of the job is trying to be patient when you've got a full shop and management expect you to sign up new customers which can take between 5-10 minutes to the Grid account. I used to love my job, now? Not so much.
Pros
Get to watch sport and interact with numerous people
Cons
A lot of single manning and paper work
great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 16, 2016
Talk to customers with a view to identifying opportunities to promote profitable turnover and deal with customer complaints and comments in such a way as to enhance customer loyalty, resolving as many as possible in the shop I would need to maintain customer service throughout the shop according to divisional standards. Minimize queuing by managing and operating bet placement technologies with speed and accuracy. I had to plan and implement agreed promotional activities. Operate effective cash control procedures and ensure all colleagues are aware of cash control responsibilities. This allows me to contribute to colleague training when needed.

2.7