Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

Scary, unsafe
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  BarkingSeptember 25, 2016
I didn't feel safe when I worked here. It wasn't what I wanted to do - It was more off a pass time whilst I was at university. I disagreed with the way they handle their customers, and the behaviours and attitude towards the staff members portrayed by customers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Safety
an ok job
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  NottinghamSeptember 15, 2016
Its a great job bar everything else that comes with it like the staff. There obnoxious and two faced and only out for themselves which is a shame.
Pros
the job is really enjoyable and relaxed
Cons
staff
Mostly great staff in store but rubbish higher management
CSM (Former Employee) –  CwmbranSeptember 15, 2016
The team in this store are mostly fantastic to work with. No two days are the same and you meet a number of interesting people. The down side is the area managers (which changes to someone new every few weeks) so you never know who they are or how to get hold of them
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Expect too much at times from employees
In life with ladbrokes
Ex Customer service Manager (Former Employee) –  CirencesterSeptember 14, 2016
I worked for Ladbrokes for over 10 years and the Higher Management ground each and every member of my team till we all left, the job I loved and would still be their but the last two years became impossible with unreal targets etc extended opening hours no staff, all I did was work and sleep only eating while working as never enough staff to have breaks the final straw was employing people fast tracking training just so they can open and close shops.If mistakes were made it was me who was expected to sort it out or got a telling off as I was experienced Sorry NO getting paid the same as me you deal with it. The MPM Dave Jones for the area will lie to cover shifts promises days off etc etc but never delivers he lied about my holiday to which I'm still owed 56 hrs 50 min MY ADVICE do not apply if your a fun loving person with family and social life because after 6months you won't have any thing no life at all just Ladbrokes
Pros
Watching sport
Cons
Long hours no breaks and verbally abused every day
fun workplace
Cashier/Board markers (Former Employee) –  coventrySeptember 12, 2016
My mane job was to put the odds on to a board and change them if they went up or down.
taking in customers betting slips and handing out their winnings
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
Productive support in learning and growth
Personal Assitant to National Betting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLDSeptember 11, 2016
- learned responsibility and working in an adult mature manner
- taught me management skills
- expanded my customer service experience dramatically
- co-workers were supportive and asisstive in teaching me and allowing me to learn
Pros
long hours and busy tasks
Cons
not the desired working field
Poor
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  GlasgowAugust 26, 2016
Staff in the shops really friendly welcoming and fun, however the market place manager and other managements did not give a hoot about anyone, shop left to run on its own with no support, market place manager upset if you foned him on his weekend off ( which was every weekend) sent to post office carrying thousands of pounds with no company, all this company cares about is making money and wouldn't not know how to value anyone
Pros
Cons
Long hours, worst pay ever, no support or interaction with management
Good Job, terrible life
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow CityAugust 26, 2016
This is a great workplace for chatting to co-workers and customers
The way the company is run means if you have a family or life you can pretty much kiss it goodbye.
The company don't care about your personal safety, the rules are a sop to the h&s people.
Loved the job, had to leave.
Pros
Free tea!
Cons
No life
pro active work place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  ManchesterAugust 23, 2016
typical day at Ladbrokes was fairly easy because most of the time only our regular customers would and its easy to remember what kind of bets they makes and the amount they usually put down and occasionally we have to deal with customer problems. also when out on the shop floor it was fun to get out and talk with the customers and get to know them on a personal level while promoting our new deals and keeping the store tidy
Pros
clam enviroment
Cons
team work
Productive and enjoyable workspace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  LondonAugust 23, 2016
I am always proactive and looking for a challenge. From my previous experience I understand that I need to work fast and efficiently as well as under pressure as bets are always on-going and running fast. I understand it is a very busy environment with demanding customer.

Furthermore, based upon my experience I easily got to grips on how to check bets, faults with machines or if they have been tampered with. I understand the protocols that are needed to be implemented when you identify issues such as this as well as how to overcome barriers on situations such as ID checks and dealing with underage customers.

My most enjoyable part of the job is that I come across as a friendly individual who loves to work with people such as my colleagues and love meeting new people such as customers and retaining them due to the personality I bring.

Due to my vast experience I would say that I don't have any parts of the job requirement which I believe is hard/difficult. At first I would of stated dealing with difficult customers however I have overcome this issue as I progressed and I always follow the rules and regulations and will contact my line manager if the situation gets out of hand.
Pros
Free pass yearly
Cons
working bank holiday
Great people
Cashier/Manager (Current Employee) –  MansfieldAugust 17, 2016
It is a flexible company with great people to work with. The work is not easy indeed there is a lot to learn and a lot of different situations you will find yourself in. If you need experience in customer services this job will give you the whole range.
Pros
great people
Cons
constantly changing rules by management
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  TheobaldsAugust 16, 2016
Ladbrokes are a great company to work for, plenty of space for progression and a good job of work for anyone looking to get into the gambling sector.
Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  LondonAugust 8, 2016
I have learned a lot during this job about the varieties of sports out there and working as part of a team. It is a job where u can advance easily if you wish to. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with a wide range of customers from all walks of life.
Pros
Flexibility within shift
Cons
Getting too quiet
Everyday new things to learn
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonAugust 4, 2016
I learned that how to manage and deal with different people and situations. I also learned management skills. Hardest part of my job is to face weird and addicted people.
mentally draining.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  ColchesterAugust 4, 2016
To begin with, it was great fun. Unfortunately, once you become a duty manager the fun gets sucked up by the long 12.5+ hour working days with only a cashier for a mere 3 or 4 hours during the day. You're single manning most of the time and you are at danger of robberies and conmen. Being given only a personal alarm and a phone for security whilst in a shop full of money really is not all that. You get abusive customers on machines in the evening and you are expected to spend lots of time out on the shop floor even if you are lone working.

The pros though, are that you often get to work with some decent staff who probably feel as feddup as you and at least their company makes you feel that bit better about the job. Also, once youve been there long enough you end up fairly close with the regulars who can make you laugh and keep you that little bit saner!
Pros
Decent colleagues and the odd decent regular.
Cons
Long hours, lone working, low pay, not overly safe.
Management is awful and disrespectful
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonAugust 2, 2016
I have been working in Ladbrokes for 6 years and I am regretting it every day lately. A typical day at work? Everyday is the same. It's a low skills job. Therefore your main duties will be dealing with abusive customers and collecting cash from the fixed odd betting terminals. Nothing innovating, technical or creative.

The only skills you will EVER learn whilst working for Ladbrokes as a "RETAIL employee" is communication skill. You will mainly talk to tracksuit lovers, the unemployed and OAP. Hardly pick up any good or useful vocabularies anyway.

Management in Ladbrokes? Awful. They have no clue what they are doing. Too many under educated managers within Ladbrokes "RETAIL division". Constantly changing company rules. Constantly using the age old intimidation tactics. It feels like the retail division is run by clowns who got lucky 20 years ago and now are clinging on to their positions by making panic decisions every week to please the board members.

Co-workers? You get the funny ones, grumpy ones, sly ones, lazy ones, dedicated ones, mature ones or just boring ones. If you are a confident individual and have good people skills, you'll be fine. The culture in Ladbrokes retail division is all about sweet talk and buttering up the in line managers. That is the only way you get to move up the retail ladder in Ladbrokes. If you do not do the overtime or sort out the sicknesses to cover the shops, very unlikely you will get a chance at becoming a Market Place Manager or Area Manager respectively.

Hardest part of the job? Having to deal with the under educated managers
  more... demands. If you work in retail jobs before, you will understand that retail is not a technical or professional field. Hence a lot of clowns end up working their careers up the retail ladder. It seems common for Ladbrokes managers to use intimidation and bully tactics. Especially since there are so many sick calls. Managers will harass you to work on your days off even if you worked 13 hours for 5 days already. It is very unpleasant. But when something goes wrong in the shop, good luck with phoning them, it will go straight to voicemail.

The most enjoyable part of the job? At least Ladbrokes pay on time. A lot of overtime available, so for people that do not have a good education, you can still earn a very decent amount of money. For the people that want to go for the bigger things in life, make sure you do not stay too long. Keep progressing. Keep studying. Keep searching.
Pros
A lot of overtime available
Cons
Unprofessional management and disrespectful senior managers
Long hours and Productive.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  BasingstokeAugust 1, 2016
You get thrown into the deep end quite quickly but I believe its one of the best ways to learn. Help is always there if you need it, you need to learn to work long hours and by yourself so initiative is important.
Pros
Money is good, indepedence.
Cons
Long and erratic hours.
Flexible
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  LittleboroughJuly 19, 2016
Ladbrokes is a good place to work if you are flexible. The hours can be long but overall its a good environment and can be good fun at times. I enjoy serving the customers and helping my manager to complete daily tasks. My role involves cash handling, inputting data, general tidying, stock orders, serving customers and weekly business sheets.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Late shifts
Managable
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJuly 18, 2016
extremely long hours, no balance between life and work,
Salary benefits brilliant, rewarding
Job security fantastic, the measures taken to keep safe is unquestionable
Managment, poor experiences, not understanding very rude
Pros
wage
sporting fun
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonJuly 17, 2016
its great to get paid to know all sports...and have fun whilst working. although long hours its fun to go to work...customer facing is fabulous however more bonuses should be available to staff that work hard
Pros
watching all football

2.7