Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Comfortable however Unrewarding
Apprentice Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), NorthamptonMay 24, 2015
Pros: Easy
Cons: Poor management, Poor Earnings and Slow Progression
Would be good for somebody who wants an easy job to stay in for a long time.

Customer Service and Betting knowledge is useful.

Co-workers didn't have the same ambition.
Management didn't treat staff well.

Enjoyable part of the job:

Being comfortable in every situation.

Hardest part of the job:

Taking order from poor management.
Would avoid unless desperate
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), GlasgowMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good punters. Pays not bad
Cons: Long hours, No respect from management.
Work 15hr shifts most days, with 30mins break if lucky.
constant late shift unless senior management.
Life outside? Forget it, Family? Not important, Ladbrokes comes first.
Single manning 10hrs with cashier for 5.
Cant have a day off without being pestered to work a shift, Can work back to back 15hr shift and be called in at 7am for another the next day.
Staff safety non existent.
Training non existent, self teach as you go.
Only good thing is the punters,
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), LondonMay 20, 2015
Cons: Long hours open to close
It was a fun place to work, especially interacting with different type of customers on a daily basis. you learn and understand the different type people you come across in life and how to approach and talk to different type of individual. Through this it has build up my communication skills and understanding of customers needs.

Management wise is very poor, lack of leadership skills.
Co-workers were amazing to work with.

the hardest part was to look out for fraudulent activity and abusive customers.
My overall summary of Ladbrokes
Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGMay 4, 2015
Pros: Watch the sporting events.
Cons: long hours on your own, breaking the 11 hour rule on multiple occasions and 14 hour shift work.
Customers would try and tell you lies regarding their bets, saying a 2 is a 5 and a 1 is a 7, I learned a lot about a darker side to retail, how the customers make job security an issue, the hardest part of the job is enforcing all policies at the same time and being overwhelmed when this happens, you can lose the job for many a reason, though when customers did win a big 4 fold acca, they would be very happy and it did make the difference to your day. Most of the co-workers are great to work with, but some don't play well with others, some get messed about so much by the working hours that they're not happy when they come into shop.
Horrible environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTMay 2, 2015
Pros: Shop staff
Cons: Long hours, unreasonable demands, shocking treatment
Recently left after 7yrs with the company and I will be honest and say that it is without a doubt the worst place I have ever been in. The management in my area usee threats and bullying tactics in order to cover shifts. It has come to be expected that on a daily basis you're verbally abused and threatened with little or no action taken by the company to prevent this from reoccurring. the majority of the shop staff are amazing but they don't receive the recognition they deserve. But never the less they turn up day in and out in order to support their shop team! I'll be sad to leave some of the staff behind and customers but all in all I am glad to have escaped.
bearable
Trainee Deputy Manager (Former Employee), glasgowApril 29, 2015
Pros: working with the public
Cons: long hours
the shop staff were nice enough but the management were awful. to many cliques for my liking. nothing was done fairly in my opinion.
Hard
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGApril 26, 2015
Cons: long hours, no respect, lack of out of work life.
working 8am till 10pm everyday, opening and closing shops, I learned a lot with Ladbrokes, managing shops, single manning shops, handling cash, serving customers. and the co-workers are fun to work with.
flexible but not the best job.
cashier /csm (Former Employee), LondonApril 10, 2015
Pros: a wage slip, customer service skills
Cons: management, co workers, poor people skills from others
As a student, finding a flexible job is hard and when I took on work with Ladbrokes, I felt that it was good in terms of being able to study alongside working.
However...
Within three months of working there, I found myself distressed and wanting to leave.
The first issue was poor management. I was placed in a store that was known to have problem customers who kept on harassing me. It started off with them asking for my number and when I refused, they became abusive, disrespectful and at one point as I was doing marketing and emptying machines, I was inappropriately touched or grabbed. I complained to my shop manager who just told me to deal with it "it's a man's world ". Which I found outrageous as the bookies should be a safe working environment whether you are male or female. Then I complained to my marketplace manager who shouted at me on shop floor while serving customers that I was being ridiculous and that I am staying in the shop or else he will not get me signed off (passing probation). So I felt that I was being blackmailed. Eventually I was moved into a calmer shop.
The tasks include cash handling and taking bets. I did enjoy busy days.
The money is ok and lots of overtime available.
Other staff members can be unprofessional and catty as I also had issues where I found out other staff where insulting me behind my back because I wore make up to work. (I come from a fashion /beauty background and I often wear make up anywhere)
Dangerous situations have happened too in terms of customers. They wanted to have me doing floor walking which I hated.
My – more... main issue with the job was not the job itself despite the new codes and gambling awareness rules every month. It was really more of a management and staff issue.
Higher staff (area managers) spoke down to people alot as if they were uneducated and threatened you with being sacked. As a cashier I was often left to close shops if they couldn't find managers.
Very draining to work for.
Any pros is just seeing a wage slip at the end of the month and the training you get on the job by handling difficult customers and situations. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), London VictoriaApril 6, 2015
Pros: free tips
Cons: long hours
A typical day at Ladbrokes: we get regular customers, betting the same type of bet over and over.

What I learned: Being a Customer Service Manager teaches me how to handle different type of problem which will occur on daily life and at work place.

Management: We had a great management and they really help you gain a lot of skills to get you focus on the job.

Co-workers: Very friendly and help gain shops targets.

Hardest part of the job: When shop get very busy.

Enjoyable part of the job: being part of a new challenge and learning about bets, horses, dogs, betting machines
Reasonably exciting place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGApril 5, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Taking and processing bets and attending any special requirements of customers. We also had to conduct promotional activities and meet company targets on up selling bets and achieving gambling machine targets.

Getting to know customers well and gaining the trust of them while achieving the targets are two of the enjoyable parts.
Not the best or the worst!
Area Manager (Current Employee), LondonMarch 25, 2015
Worked here for a number of years, required to work way over contracted hours to fit in job requirements and it is not down to poor time management, it is down to too many tasks that should be allowed to be delegated but not allowed. Micro managed instead of being left to manage effectively and they panic if figures aren't what they want immediately. Salary is O.K but could be better
Depends on your postion
Cashier (Current Employee), ScotlandMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Collegues
Cons: Single manning (although not personally affected) customers who dont know how to behave
If you work as a cashier you tend to do pretty decent shifts and always have a customer service manager working with you. However, if you are a CSM you work a lot on your own at nights and have the additional responsibilities. Cashiers and managers have to keep on top of a lot of rules and requirements. Would be better if single manning wasn't in place at night for the managers. Overtime is usually available which is good and flexibility is an option as long as you help each other out. It also helps having a decent market place manager. Overall not a bad place to work if your a cashier, wouldn't do it as a manager though. Second time I've worked for the company so it can't be that bad!! If you do your job properly you should be fine. As for people saying they don't get breaks, I can't understand that.... Don't people just take their breaks when their cashier comes in? And toilet breaks.....we have a lock for the main door which we can use from behind the counter (for security mainly - although that could definitely be improved, but that's another story) to go for a toilet break.
Fun workplace
CSA (Current Employee), Bishop Auckland, ENGMarch 20, 2015
Pros: short hours friendly work place
Cons: not enough cash
In a typical day I would come in check my till and transfer money from safe. I would be greeting customers taking and capturing bet information. I would take money to bank,shop tidy and make sure marketing is correct. My co workers are very friendly. I enjoy working here but the wages/hours are not enough
Learning curve
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 12, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not enough progression
a typical day at work is always a busy day, me and my team enjoy to provide excellent customer service.Because of days like this I always learn new things, for example how to work part of a team and mistakes that I should not repeat. being a manager for three years has put me in the front line of the betting industry. From advising staff and customers on key product knowledge and running a clean and professional environment for everyone. This makes the relationship between me and my co workers amazing. Hardest part of my job is that I hunger to progress higher, yet there is not allot of space when wanting to progress. I love working with my co workers and learning new things from customers, everyday is a unique insight into the does and don'ts in customer service.
ladbrokes
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee), West browichMarch 8, 2015
I had to serve customers, learn how to take bets and how to work them out, I had to keep the shop clean and safe. I have opened up the shop on my own while doing manager training this involved making sure the safe was correct. handling money, sorting out the tills, setting up the shop, making sure everything was correct . I have dealt with difficult customers and worked under pressure. I enjoyed meeting new people and having the chance to build of my career .
Good place to learn and progress in Customer Services.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), ENGMarch 6, 2015
Not only did this role allow me to expand my knowledge and improve my skills in Customer Services, I gained a large amount of knowledge about sports and betting itself.
Exciting and dynamic environment
P/T Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), StonecrossMarch 4, 2015
Pros: meeting new people everyday and engaging in team work
Cons: unsociable hours every weekend
There is no such thing as a typical day in Ladbrokes. Every day there are new challenges and hurdles to overcome. I greet and meet new customer everyday, meet customers needs and ensure they have an enjoyable experience.

I learn new things everyday. Whilst interacting with customers, I learn about their life, how to deal with different situations everyday and it's imperative that I adapt to new situations everyday.

My co-workers are my second family. We have built a strong connection with each other which is vital to any working environment to run efficiently.

The hardest part of my job are the unsociable hours on weekends and all week. This makes it difficult to find the time for the shop team to go out and socialise together, as it may be difficult to provide cover.

Having said that, the unsociable hours allow for a vast amount of flexibility on working days. Also, as I am a outgoing and bubbly person, I love building a rapport and developing my communication skills with my customers. Finally, I love promoting Ladbrokes and the exciting new promotions and representing an engaging organisation.
ok
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), cardiffFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: constant closing shift unless senior management
good hourly rate for management however the hours just are not there,to much emphasis on sales when working alone and not enough time in the day for what is expected
enjoyable job, poor work/life balance
Marketplace Manager (Current Employee), Maryport, ENGFebruary 21, 2015
Days are varied and interesting. However can sometimes be long and not child friendly. Enjoyable role, but see myself in something more family friendly.
Something New
Customer Advisor (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: positive environment, opportunity to learn something new
As I had never placed a bet or gambled before, working at Ladbrokes would be something where I would have to learn not only the job role but betting in general. The management staff and other colleagues have been thoroughly helpful in teaching me as well as being patient with me through out my training and still now with things I am unsure about. My typical shift includes taking bets and working the shop floor greeting customers, asking for ID and offering advice on products. As well as this the shop I currently work in is used mainly by locals so its important that we have a informal interaction with customers as well as a formal one so as to maintain the feel of the shop that its a welcoming and friendly environment in which the staff and customers can interact comfortably together. The hardest part of the job is remembering the bets but as mentioned previously the other members of staff are always there to offer help. I do thoroughly enjoy my job as its a positive environment surrounded by people I get on well with and I have learnt now all about placing bets in which otherwise I never would have without this current job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes plc is a British based gambling company. It is based in Rayners Lane in Harrow, London. The company was founded by Messrs – Read more