Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

Managable
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJuly 18, 2016
extremely long hours, no balance between life and work,
Salary benefits brilliant, rewarding
Job security fantastic, the measures taken to keep safe is unquestionable
Managment, poor experiences, not understanding very rude
Pros
wage
sporting fun
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonJuly 17, 2016
its great to get paid to know all sports...and have fun whilst working. although long hours its fun to go to work...customer facing is fabulous however more bonuses should be available to staff that work hard
Pros
watching all football
Cons
It can get intense when dealing with robberies/theft / assaults but can be enjoyable in other aspects of the job
control room operator (Current Employee) –  Head office -July 17, 2016
Job can get busy regarding monitoring of shop staff coming in during the morning resting alarm etc - have learned a lot on customer/staff service - management is left to us mostly during the day - have an excellent team rapport with my co-workers - hardest part and enjoyable part off the job is trying to get shop staff to understand the reset shop alarm/ pa ( panic alarm ) procedure's and when it works -
Productive and fun workplace
VIP Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  GIJuly 14, 2016
You had extremely buzy and stressful days, but the really good days balanced it out. The team there are fantastic, and work really well together. But you need to be on your toes. The management are really helpful at all times, I never felt I couldn't approach them. The hardest part of the job is hitting the percentages of the scoring that they give, I'm not the fastest at typing and was trying to take on too much to help the team before I was ready for it, so did not score high. Most enjoyable would have to be the team of people in there.
Pros
Decent working hours
Cons
score sheets
Customer service advisor/manager (Current Employee) –  InverurieJuly 6, 2016
On a day to day basis my job involves, opening the store to the standards given my the company, cash handling with large amounts, dealing with customer queries throughout the day. As a manager making sure everyone is doing there job to the best of there ability.
Pros
Meeting different people all the time
Cons
can involve long weeks
working at ladbrokes
My role was a Customer Service Assistant / Cashier (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJune 30, 2016
Its a great place to work, however worst HR department and management. Overall customers are lovely the entire atmosphere is lovely and colleagues can be lovely too.
Pros
relaxed, lovely customers
Cons
long hours, terrible hr, bad management, expect your first pay to be delayed
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  PenicuikJune 28, 2016
great place, easy to work in. great co workers and excellent customers. management is friendly.
hardest part would be dealing with the drunken customers on Fridays and Saturdays. but the best and most enjoyable is the odd friendly face.
Pros
great opportunity to grow
Cons
no more than 30 hours a week
Decent Pay Not Enough For The Job Role
Sales Assistant/Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 26, 2016
I worked for ladbrokes for about a year and the job is easy you sit down take bets all day until your shift is done and I'll give you the summary of what it's like being an employee.

The job is really laid back you do nothing for a majority of the day besides sit behind a counter and take bets and play on your phone.

The downside to this job are the customers you get people who take out their frustrations of losing their money on you. I've even had a customers threaten me verbally and almost had a coffee machine in a store thrown at me one time.

The hours are really bad in certain stores literally I had no time for a social life and being 22 with literally no social life was quite depressing just going to work working myself to exhaustion and sleeping 8 hours to do the exact same thing for 3 days straight.

The management is poor you constantly have to contact people to sort out your hours and half the time none of the higher management pick up their phones so you have to clue what hours you are doing that week.

The thing that annoyed me the most of this job is even on days off management would ask me to come in and wouldn't accept no for an answer I've even had the same manager call me multiple times on a single day to try and force me to work.

Also you have to do constant quizzes and questionnaires every week about sport no offence I just want to do my shift and go home not go on a computer and spend an hour doing 6 quizzes about horse racing.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not decent enough
shocking!!!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  West MidlandsJune 21, 2016
I Would have given this company A 0 score if that was an option. Staff are lovely but the management expect to much,especially when the staff in question have had basic training and expected to run the shop.rules are there when it suits them.no structure and no career prospects.after 8 years I'm glad I'm out of it
Pros
Cons
long hours, working all weekend untill 10 pm
do not go there
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  PrestonJune 20, 2016
I wouldn't wish it on anyone. All you are is a key holder. Working alone it is soul destroying. It so boring. In winter when it goes dark early and wind and rain outside you are sat there alone from about 5pm.
Awful
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South EastJune 16, 2016
Bad following: treatment of staff, wages, safety of staff, rightsin work of staff. Generally anappallingway to runa company if you care at all about your employees
Pros
leaving
Cons
working for them
Good if you like sport but poor and bullying senior management,
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  West End of LondonJune 16, 2016
Enjoyed about seven years at Ladbrokes. Always worked with very good and friendly shop staff. Unfortunately the atmosphere changed somewhat with the introduction of the FOBTS (the roulette and gambling machines) which introduced a more abusive style of customer (not all of them of course). Shamefully in my last two years or some I also experienced and witnessed bullying behaviour from an Area Manager and some of the Group Supervisors (at which stage, and down to ill-health I decided to leave the company). Most of my time with them was great. Just sad it had a sour parting of the waves.
Pros
Great for anybody who loves sports, in particular horse racing and football.
Cons
Can be boring when the night racing is over. Some, but not many, customers can be very aggressive, though usually only verbally.
Not a Job i wanted to in stay long term.
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Rayners LaneJune 11, 2016
I worked here for 5 years until i started my own business. The management is rude and ignorant they treat you badly and you receive alot of abuse on a daily basis. Also i believe the management was racist towards me and treated other employees with more respect than me. They were prejudice and treated those people like they were their best friend but gave me a hard time.I do not believe it is worth it working for them the hours are long and salary is too low. I am now making much more money being self employed and i have more free time for my wife, friends and family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
managment, daily abuse, difficult customers, long hours, low salary
Consistent and Hardwwork Establishment
CSA (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 8, 2016
The company is a very good company to work for... Good pay, best training and very good colleagues work with. If given the chance would be glad to work for them again.
good part time job
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  EdinburghJune 2, 2016
Very long hours, get to meet all sorts of customers good and bad. the hardest part having a varied knowledge of all aspect of betting.
Pros
wages
Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonMay 30, 2016
My task as a Customer Service Manager is to help manage and sustain the front-line service to customers that enhances Ladbrokes' position as the country's leading bookmaker. This role initially requires me to act as the first point of contact with the customers. I am responsible for meeting, greeting and providing them with an exceptional level of service. I am on hand to help by answering questions, demonstrating new machine products and taking bets.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Late Nights
In the 1980's...Far too insular, and predisposed to control of eployees
Senior Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  NationwideMay 26, 2016
Rather than giving the staff of their company the freedom to sell the products, and reap the benefits, they chose to control the system in which they worked to limit the potential of the talent they had available. In the 1970's, my average shop profit was 21.8%. The average nowadays it is in the region of 15%. Such a shame.
Pros
Variety, day to day, and a fair amount of laughter.
Cons
Limitations, that to anyone in the industry are obvious.
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  BradfordMay 26, 2016
cashier- job included serving customers, dealing with their bets, putting the bets through the system, general housekeeping, banking, emptying machines on the shop floor,
Pros
good environment
Cons
short hours
Doesn't care for staff
CSM (Current Employee) –  WalesMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work is being shouted at by customers and also by management. I learnt to grow a thicker skin, as I was subjected to bullying by upper management. Management have no clue what working in shops are like, as they expect you to get 10 different things done whilst serving customers.
Productive,
CSM (Current Employee) –  East LondonMay 21, 2016
Your day starts really early at 7:40am, and finishes at 10:15pm most shops. Most shifts I did was 13-14hr, four to five days a week. The best thing I learded was a highly praied level people skill, your somtimes the person customer neet to come to celibrate with or comforted. You feel as thought your your own boss and your carry busiines (Customer Service)with you, somtime customer would only come in when your there to get the right experiance. The job does come with a lot of High risk, there are alot of safty measures that our there that you wont find everywhere else. The Shop team really make the day. Celebrating with customers when they Win
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Can get Very Stressful, need thick skin some days

2.7