Labrador-Grenfell Health Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
poor attitude
Staff (Former Employee) –  Goose Bay, NL23 June 2017
over worked, pay is far below Canadian average but lack of accommodations and over priced accommodations when you can find one.
Poor attitude of employer to new staff and old. not understanding at all. no encouragement, no team work, back biting and managers are petty and never around when you need them.
Great work place
Surgical Assist-Clinical associate (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL17 February 2017
Good working enviroment with friendly, helpful members of staff. A fairly wide variety of surgical cases to attend to. I found it rewarding from an experience point of view.
an amazing place to work filled with incredible people
Nursing Administrator On-Site (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL27 April 2016
very enjoyable place to work. I have learnt from very dedicated
heallthcare professionals.
Your day may include assisting in the delivery of a newborn to comforting family members whilst grieving for their loved ones.
Great place to work with room for advancement
Health Records Department/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL7 February 2014
On-call a lot, work late hours and early mornings. Good work, keep busy and work without great co-workers.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
being called in at any time day or night
Great team atmosphere!
Psychiatric Nurse 1 (Community) (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL14 April 2013
The professional, supportive, fun, knowledgeable staff made you feel a part of a family. Everyone was kind and non-judgemental and anti-stigma was one of the foundations of our department. We had a very active and invoved manager and our regional director was always approachable and accessible. I learned so much about truley caring for clients and helping them through difficult life situations, as well as supporting those with long term complex mental health needs to maintain themselves in the community.
Pros
feeling of truely helping
Cons
often long hours
cultural experience
nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Port Hope Simpson, NL3 December 2012
Similar working conditions and experiences as with my current emplyer. However, I arranged medi-vacs to Newfoundland via air transport, accompany them and then return to the coastal community to continue my work. I was responsible for dispensing medications as well, similar to that of a local pharmacy.
Pros
experience in remote locations
Cons
using my vacation time, from my current employer to avail of such experiences
a clean and safe enviroment.
Typist II (Current Employee) –  Forteau, NL21 August 2012
a typical day at work involves a very fast pace, of answering directing phone calls, booking appointments for five clinics, arranging travel for staff, booking accomadations,setting up network passwords, entering data, payroll documentations, managing a ledger for debits and credits, vouchers, posting and recieving mail and distributing as required, faxing, photocoping, maintaining and updating files and records, transcribes letters, reports, memos, end of month stats and other related duties as listed in my resume. Work with a many co-workers and get along well with them. I enjoy all aspects of my work.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
demanding job sometimes.