Labour Ready Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good job when you cant find anything
labour (Former Employee), hamiltonJanuary 13, 2016
learned how to serve when busy
coworkers nice
remebering where to go sometimes was hard
most enjoyable park was learning new skills evertime
managment was good
Fast Paced, Competitive, Labor
Labourer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Work opportunity
Cons: Questionable pay
You wake up early make it to the site by 6am, you wait for work and then once you have work if* you happen to get work, you work hard.
Only for the desperate.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Can work in any city with a labour ready.
Cons: Dangerous, life crippling work.workersrightsbuse, coworkermiserable
Coworkers usually immature/unstable, finding work was never guaranteed and work was usually too dangerous and vigorous for the pay.
mostly fast pace work places
labourer (Current Employee), Bioriginal, RONA(Garden area), TCU PLace,November 24, 2015
Pros: different environments all the time
Cons: some people were rude but then again you deal with that everywhere.
interesting, meet new people, professional, energetic, fast pace environment!
It was really exciting because it was always different places I worked. But I mostly worked at the TCU Place and Bioriginal Place.
At the TCU I did allot of banquets, ceremonies, graduations, and weddings. We fixed the tables for supper at the banquets, then we served food to everybody. Then we cleaned the whole banquet after the meals where done.
At Bioriginal we worked with allot of coconut oil! We packaged it, boxed it, wrapped it, stamped it, and sent it out to different facilities all over the country.
Physically demanding
General Labour (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 20, 2015
The hardest part of working for Labour Ready is the strength in the other employees dispatched to the same job site as you. Certain employees are fortunate to be hired by Labour Ready's clients.
Nice people, Good atmosphere
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Its keeping me alive for the time being
Cons: Short hours
Overall nice people to work with. It will put food in your mouth when times are hard.

They place you at work site that applies to your skills and abilities. Can be anything from planting trees to working on a construction site.
co-op student
GENERAL LABOURER (Former Employee), steeles and weston rdAugust 20, 2015
i learned a lot about the retail business and would defiantly work there again in the future. i would usually work in the back or be on the floor organizing clothes and do my best to help out the customers.
Temp Work, Low Wages, Assorted Locations, Diverse Cultures
Manual Labourer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Diverse Interesting Co-workers, Interesting New Skills
Cons: Irregular Hours & Low Pay.
Terrible Life Balance. Too Few Days Worked. Too Many Days Spent Waiting for Call to Work. Employer/Employee Favoritism.
Open early in the morning
General labourer (Current Employee), Barrie, OntJune 23, 2015
Pros: Paid daily
Cons: Very seasonal work. Not steady in any season.
When there is work, there usually is too much ie long hours. In the winter, there is usually extremely little to no work available.
Great entry level sales job
Territory Sales (Former Employee), KitchenerApril 17, 2015
This job was very involved and you never really seem to have enough time in the day as with most sales jobs. The company was well structured for growth but they were unsure of the path they would take. Management is a little confusing when you work with a branch manager (that may or may not try to micro-manage your sales duties) while you answer to only the Canadian sales manager.
Fun workplace with advancement
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2015
Pros: company discounts
Cons: 15 mins break did not seam enough.
The leather ranch was a fun work place with dealing with customer who wanted leather products. I have learned commiment was inportant and doing your best on every instance. Management was responsible ans very studious. My co-workers were commited and were very ordered with there daily position. The hardest thing with the job was the positions hours 15min break did not seam enough. My most pleasureable experience was serving the customers expecially when they find what they like. Labour Ready was a good place to work.It was great training to get back into the work force. My warehouse position was hard work but show I have the get up and go and can work hard long term.
i loved it!
Construction Flagger (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2015
I loved having to wake up and know I had a job I loved and I know that I could be employed by one of the companies and I loved the work I did as a construction flagger
fun and tolerable
General Labourer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
as a swamper I made sure the truck and materials were ready deliver pieces of furniture to customers in a timely manner showing respect and using all politeness.
Labour Ready is a temp an
(TEMP) Waste Management (Former Employee), Oshawa, OntJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: everything
I will never go back, the staff there has no problem telling you off and they seem to enjoy yelling at the people looking for work. This location is in Oshawa. Waste Management is great to work at and it sucks that you have to go through Labour Ready to work there. The staff at labour ready needs customer service training every week. Awful place.
My Review
Labour Work (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2015
I love to work in Labour Ready because I can make money every day. They send me to different companies where I can learn differen duties. I like my co workers. When I go to work sometimes they dont' have work and I have to go the next day.
Labour Ready
General labourer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 24, 2014
* Aimed the high-pressure air at the walls of the ducts behind the vent grilles, where dust and dirt stick and can cause unwanted smells
* Packaged finished products and checked for defects
* Tracked amount of waste produced when working
* Cleaned exterior and interior of vehicles
* kept workplaces clean and organized
Summery Labour ready
Construction Flager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 8, 2014
Pros: leaned different things
Cons: froze outside in the cold
I found that labour ready was a fun job to have and i learned a lot of things i never knew before , like how much work a flagger actually has to do and what different agency's will do to try and help you find a job
Reliable Work
General Labourer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: how friendly workers are
Labourers came in at the same location everyday, and would be dispatched to different labouring sites; (construction, schools, circuses, e.t.c.) Work consisted of maintaining, cleaning and labouring.

Workers learned team working skills along with how to be consistent, and apply all they could have gained in knowledge throughout other construction sites, and techniques. It was hard to go in different locations every day, and it was rewarding to know you had accomplished something.
ok place
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), torontoOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: garbage workers
to many old guys they don't like people that are faster smarter and stronger
o yeah and better looking !!!! lol
Labour ready
Labourer (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 24, 2014
This was a job where you showed up everyday and they would send you to a bunch of different locations needing laborer around the city. Alot of people would get sent home, not guarantee work everyday so its pretty much part time. What I learned was how hard life can be working for a company that only offer part time work when needing full time hours.The hardest part of the job was waking up every morning driving down to the office and not getting to work anywhere.The most enjoyable part of the job was you got paid at the end of everyday and you worked whatever days you wanted to.