Labour Ready Employee Reviews

Good for cash work and that's it
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 February 2018
Good for tomorrow but never trust in it it's only good for cash work for low lifers. When will this ever stop I've been filling these out for age,.....
Great management.
South Edmonton - General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2018
There is very little chance to have a life outside of work; however labour ready does a fantastic job of trying to give everyone the best chance at having a job. Sexism was never an issue.
Inconsistent but very relaxed.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2018
Since labour ready is a temporary labour agency they don't have reliable work every day, but that is standard of any temporary agency. Labour ready provides single day placements and pays the same day after the job is completed, on a first come first serve basis.

Employers through labour ready vary widely, as there is no screening of the work environment. Some of the worst people I have worked for hired through labour ready, as well as some of the best. Labour ready staff are very friendly and helpful, and we're willing to work with me when I was living far from the office (I have transportation).
Pros
Unlimited sick days with no penalties
Cons
Unreliable hours
Temp service work
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 December 2017
Is what it is for temp work. Arrive early and sit for most of the morning if you want work that day. Sat for many hours waiting for the phone to ring for a worker before being sent out. Paid daily unlike other temp agencies.
Pros
They have work
Cons
Long hours low pay
good for seasonal
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON15 November 2017
enjoyable for short season, new job every day, very early hours, sometimes have to travel there and not receive work, very low paying, good work environment
Pros
get paid every day
Cons
awful hours, low pay
long hours of waiting in office to be sent out to a job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2017
went to different job sites as requested but job agency
did different jobs as requested by agency. at times it would be hours before your sent out to a assignment or job site.
Pros
good jobs experience
Cons
long waiting time for a job
Good stuff
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2017
Labour Ready provides work experiences for those in need, and is fair to their contractors. Show up prepared to work hard, and you won't have a problem.
Very good indeed!
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 September 2017
Getting involved in the task at hand, and the management of the job is great. Work culture is always a learning and exciting experience every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that the job was well done, feels good at that days ending of a job well done
Pros
Fulfilling; job completion.
Cons
nothing!
Be nice if the follow thier own rules
Anything (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC16 August 2017
Not a bad place if you are one of the " favourites" of the lady handing out the work. But if you are just a hard worker who gets there early to support your family, forget it. You can be the first in the door and she will still give to her favourites that stragglers in 2 hours later.
Unreliable work
Production Labourer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 July 2017
Not consistent work. Low pay. Co-workers unreliable. No benefits, wait all day for a job to go to sometimes on 4 hours. office always dirty. no equipement provided.
Pros
paid daily
Cons
never know where working
work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  hamilton26 June 2017
some days are hard and some days are easy.
work better with people.
sometimes good time management.
nice people and great to work with.
when its hot out side its the hardest part.
going home to my family with a smile on my face.
Paid Daily
Labour Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
Temporary Jobs. Very cheap pay for hard work. Most of the time get treated unfairly at job sites because I am a temp worker. Other than that, its good to get paid daily.
Enjoyed challenging work with hard working variety of colleagues.
material handler, manufaturer, steel fabricator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 June 2017
Did many long-term jobs w overtime.Enjoyed a variety of jobs and co-workers.This was my supplemental job to Kelly Services. Operated various equipment
Pros
Was able to plan my own schedule and co-ordinate with my other jobs.
Cons
Lower wages compared to Kelly Services.
Experience all kinds of work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
When I worked with Labour Ready I got to experience a lot of cool different jobs and meet a lot of great people.

I would recommend and have recommended people to use Labour Ready in the past
freindly staff with good rules
Temporary Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
check in for jobs and paid daily but if you do not check in daily you will not get work plus you are put on stand-by if not on time which is a good thing it takes all the lazy people out of the hiring process.
too much hassle going to office each day
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford Ont13 April 2017
too much nonsense going to office each morning. they are cheap and stingy with ppe. If your late or miss a day your in the doghouse for a couple weeks.
Temp Agency
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 April 2017
Typical day here is showing up at 430am to make sure your name was first on the list to be sent out somewhere for 8 hrs of work.
sometimes you'd show up and nothing would be available, or there would be no work that day.
Temporary Work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 April 2017
Labour Ready was just a temporary workplace i worked on different types of work there like on a production line, warehouse work, steel production line, shipping and receiving and different other types of work.
It was ok
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
I wouldn't recommend to those faint of heart. Dedication to this company requires tough skin and the ability to accept and adapt to the unexpected for minimal pay !
The Production Line was fast and easy work.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 April 2017
It was just a temporary job I just had to show up at six in the morning and wait for an opening to work. I learned how to work on a production line and warehouse work packaging different kind of material but it was mostly coconut flax seed. The management was good people didn't need much supervision it was straight forward work. The workplace was mostly on a production line and nothing was really hard about the work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how much we had done in only eight hours.
Pros
Learning new things, meeting new people, a chance of getting hired if they need more employee's.
Cons
Not finding work on some days.