Labour Ready Employee Reviews

I found Labour Ready to be extremely beneficial.
Previous Labourer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 October 2016
I was young, about 18, and I only had a few previous jobs before this agency. I was recently graduated and finding a job in Abbotsford was and still is difficult for my age range. I got to experience building water pumps, cleaning bakeries, shovelling berries, building crane mats for the oil rigs, sorting dirty laundry, and packing water onto Pallets.

The work always varied and while you are paid everyday, you can always ask them to pay you once a week, twice a month, monthly etc. It was also cool when working in a construction environment, and say they normally pay their employees 11.50 if you actually work for them, Labour Ready would pay you 12 dollars per hour. So it was worth it in the end.

I found it helpful and very unique.

I hope I can return to them once I finish my schooling, college is fun right?
Pros
There was always work, always willing to work with your disabilties
Cons
Some of the places you arrived at were awful, sometimes the job required too much
not for me
Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2016
I did like the travelling and working in other stuff but not the lack of staff to much work for only 3 people may need a few more guys
Pros
meals provided
Cons
I don't know about other cities but don't go to the one in Edmonton ,AB
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
they send whoever they want to work and on top of that they still keep telling You to come tomorrow and they will send you to work , too much lies and very bad place you will some people rolling weed and others taking a nap I couldn't understand smh
Temporary Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2016
It's a Temporary job agency, if one of the customers don't like the way you look at them you get a DNR (DO NOT RETURN), no explanation, no reason, just can't go back to that job.
As long as you do your part in showing up in good time, letting them know when you are not available, work hard, be respectful, when the jobs become available you will get to work!
Pros
Paid at the end of everyday
Cons
TEMPORARY WORK
It was a very diverse job.
general labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 October 2016
I loved the people at this job, however, it was not a steady job, it was first come first served. It was not something a person was able to depend on.
Pros
free samples
Cons
the steel toed rubber boots were very uncomfortable.
quick pay, no obligations to work everyday, chose when to work
general labour (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK3 June 2016
my typical day is getting up and 3 am and getting ready for work, with the work i do it's usually best match first dispatch, i can be doing a different job each day, management are nice people, most of the peopel i work with are nice, the hardest part about the job is the actual work and the time i need to get up at.
Fast Paced work environment
Recruiter/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2016
-Learned selling and recruiting techniques for this industry.

-Flexible working hours.

-Fast paced work environment.

-Constant customer service throughout the day.
Pros
Education
Cons
Lack of staff support
Great on my feet, good knowledge of labour abilitys
General labourGeneral Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2016
Worked at labour ready and love working there great working environment and good hours if I could have any comments is keep up the great work labourers.
Pros
Work
Cons
Hours
Not a bad place
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 March 2016
I Worked for this place for awhile, they are a contracting company and the Management were never harsh to me or anyone i worked with and gave us amazing opportunity in different fields. only downside was the 5 dollar cut from our pay for finding the work which none of us complained about as they never caused us problems or ever put us at horrible places. Only bad thing was at some points no work would flow in, or to many people would try and hire on causing tons of problems for regular guys.
Pros
Great Team, Diversity in work
Cons
To many people doing it
Temp Agency
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 September 2016
Great place to work for, employees are always super assisting to my needs only reason I am looking for something else is because I need something a little more permanant.
Very Productive
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 July 2016
Excellent Company

They offer a wide range of opportunities for anyone willing and wanting to be a part of our structured work force. There is no barriers or fine lines. They not only practice but also imply EQUALITY!
Pros
Choice in Growth
Cons
First come First Serve
good work offers and nice people to work with, steady work also
Temporary General Labour Jobs (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 July 2016
it was a good place to find work while i was unemployed i enjoyed the labor and the coworkers were all very nice, also learned a lot like how to drywall and roofing.
Im a strong independent fast learner
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 May 2016
typical day at work for me would be getting the job done correctly and properly in a proper time matter. I like to make sure everything is done with 110%.
I learned leadership skills.
I worked with many great people as I do get along well with people of all kinds
Pros
People actually cared about people and worked with them when it came to hard times
Cons
not a lot of options to grow in the company
Good for Flexibility
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 July 2016
Labour Ready is really Good when you are between Jobs . They are very safet oriented and care where you want to work and what you will be doing
Worked in all kinds of labourer settings
Laborer duties (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC25 January 2016
Typical day at work,is how to ajust to the new duty to learn in 1 day,find on the next days.

I have learned alot of a Laborer positions,to much to name?Enjoy it.

Management is pretty explainable, depends on me to go out,always calls for me to go to work.sometimes others don't turn out,she would call me to take his place.fires that person.have to be dependable for work.I still call in on days, i don't work.

Hardest part,is remembering names?

Enjoyable part,is making new friends,and learning new job placements!
Pros
paid same day!
Cons
4 hours day sometimes?
job stability
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 June 2016
so far I have had the pleasure of meeting personnel, they were extremely interested in my interests and what I am looking for. I am looking forward to working as soon as possible.],
Day Labour enviroment that puts you to work in different trades
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 December 2012
A great work enviroment centered around safety, and working in different Trades. Minimum wage pay, but maximum oppertunities to advance training in the trades
Pros
safety minded enviroment, professional trades people, reliable daily work.
Cons
minimum wage pay, no job security, or benefits, and no long term employment
good place to start or make extra cash
Temp Labour (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 June 2016
will provide you with a little training and will also provide you with safety equipment to use for the day if needed for a job asighnments.
its temp work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON23 May 2016
its only temporary placements, usually a day at a time. i didnt mind working for them when i needed to pay bills and what not. but they are definitely not my go to people when im job searching at all
Working for a temp agency, makes chances of permanent employment or advancement slim to none.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2013
Working at a temp agency, a person would do various jobs constantly at different locations or in different environments. There was no guarantee that any one worker would have work on a daily basis. You rarely had the same workers at the same location, and interaction with management was very little. It was hard not to be able to count on work, or to always be prepared for what work was available. It was nice in the effect that one could take time off as needed for personal issues, but not very dependable financially.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Financial Balance, Advancement

2.5