Labour Ready Employee Reviews

Enjoyed challenging work with hard working variety of colleagues.
material handler, manufaturer, steel fabricator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 June 2017
Did many long-term jobs w overtime.Enjoyed a variety of jobs and co-workers.This was my supplemental job to Kelly Services. Operated various equipment
Pros
Was able to plan my own schedule and co-ordinate with my other jobs.
Cons
Lower wages compared to Kelly Services.
Experience all kinds of work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
When I worked with Labour Ready I got to experience a lot of cool different jobs and meet a lot of great people.

I would recommend and have recommended people to use Labour Ready in the past
freindly staff with good rules
Temporary Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
check in for jobs and paid daily but if you do not check in daily you will not get work plus you are put on stand-by if not on time which is a good thing it takes all the lazy people out of the hiring process.
too much hassle going to office each day
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford Ont13 April 2017
too much nonsense going to office each morning. they are cheap and stingy with ppe. If your late or miss a day your in the doghouse for a couple weeks.
Temp Agency
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 April 2017
Typical day here is showing up at 430am to make sure your name was first on the list to be sent out somewhere for 8 hrs of work.
sometimes you'd show up and nothing would be available, or there would be no work that day.
Temporary Work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 April 2017
Labour Ready was just a temporary workplace i worked on different types of work there like on a production line, warehouse work, steel production line, shipping and receiving and different other types of work.
It was ok
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
I wouldn't recommend to those faint of heart. Dedication to this company requires tough skin and the ability to accept and adapt to the unexpected for minimal pay !
The Production Line was fast and easy work.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 April 2017
It was just a temporary job I just had to show up at six in the morning and wait for an opening to work. I learned how to work on a production line and warehouse work packaging different kind of material but it was mostly coconut flax seed. The management was good people didn't need much supervision it was straight forward work. The workplace was mostly on a production line and nothing was really hard about the work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how much we had done in only eight hours.
Pros
Learning new things, meeting new people, a chance of getting hired if they need more employee's.
Cons
Not finding work on some days.
good jobs
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 March 2017
you get to experience a lot of good jobs and get experience in doing different things and meeting different people. some jobs are better then others but most are not that rewarding
Pros
work
Cons
not guarenteed a job everyday
good part time work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 March 2017
good part time hours, work when you want, long days 5:00 am until 5:00 pm, not guaranteed work, minimum wage, work with different people and jobs on a daily basis
Pros
work when you want
Cons
early mornings
Very good at times for work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 February 2017
Labour ready most of the time has good days when they send you out on an assignment but most of the time they don't have any work for you. You sit there until they find something for you.
Awesome place to work if u work hard!
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 January 2017
Been with Labour Ready for some time now. They have always helped me when I was seeking work. Show up on time, don't be late, and stay committed; plus work hard and the staff will make sure you get assignments. They are very fair to everyone as well, and genuinely care about the employees. Safety First! Awesome coworkers and awesome management. Thanks for all the work thus far!! Looking forward to more!
Pros
Carpooling. Jobs also on bus routes. Local work.
Cons
Low pay but hey! Work is work!!
Friendly staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2017
Each job was different and I obtained a lot of different skills at each job site. I met a lot of amazing people and I made a ton of new friends. The hardest part about working at a temp agency is that work is never guaranteed. It became increasingly harder to get work through this temp agency.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Not a lot of work
Usually a quick cash solution.
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 January 2017
Usually day to day work with the occasional long term position. However work is never guaranteed and some days you walk away with nothing. Job availability when they have it is usually first come first serve. The staff try to do their best, however they get a lot of corporate flak for paying out overtime and there is almost no room for advancement in position nor an increase in pay rate depending on the job contract. References are also very difficult to acquire despite the vastly growing skills and qualifications a labourer acquires over time.
Pros
Get paid daily or weekly. Friendly staff.
Cons
Zero job security and hard to get work references
time table
pitcher/loader (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON17 January 2017
well i was supposed to be working up until the second week in december i showed up to work and said they didnt need me to come back tomorrow and then i was supposed to go in the following day and said they didnt need me anymore

To me theres no trust in the job that they send you to
Pros
always paid on time
Cons
paid on monday's never expected to finish early on the term i was told
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
I worked for close to a year and if was always interesting had many different types of jobs ranging from site clean ups to installing seating in the the Air Canada Centre
Pros
You pick when you want to work
Cons
not steady work
productive, professional, fun work experience
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 January 2017
cold outdoor working experiences looking for indoor work better pay and oppertunity to further my learning skills with a new company
Pros
close to home job sites
Cons
long hours and cold enviroments
It was a very diverse job.
general labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 October 2016
I loved the people at this job, however, it was not a steady job, it was first come first served. It was not something a person was able to depend on.
Pros
free samples
Cons
the steel toed rubber boots were very uncomfortable.
I found Labour Ready to be extremely beneficial.
Previous Labourer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 October 2016
I was young, about 18, and I only had a few previous jobs before this agency. I was recently graduated and finding a job in Abbotsford was and still is difficult for my age range. I got to experience building water pumps, cleaning bakeries, shovelling berries, building crane mats for the oil rigs, sorting dirty laundry, and packing water onto Pallets.

The work always varied and while you are paid everyday, you can always ask them to pay you once a week, twice a month, monthly etc. It was also cool when working in a construction environment, and say they normally pay their employees 11.50 if you actually work for them, Labour Ready would pay you 12 dollars per hour. So it was worth it in the end.

I found it helpful and very unique.

I hope I can return to them once I finish my schooling, college is fun right?
Pros
There was always work, always willing to work with your disabilties
Cons
Some of the places you arrived at were awful, sometimes the job required too much
I don't know about other cities but don't go to the one in Edmonton ,AB
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
they send whoever they want to work and on top of that they still keep telling You to come tomorrow and they will send you to work , too much lies and very bad place you will some people rolling weed and others taking a nap I couldn't understand smh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Labour Ready. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5