Labour Ready Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work if u work hard!
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 January 2017
Been with Labour Ready for some time now. They have always helped me when I was seeking work. Show up on time, don't be late, and stay committed; plus work hard and the staff will make sure you get assignments. They are very fair to everyone as well, and genuinely care about the employees. Safety First! Awesome coworkers and awesome management. Thanks for all the work thus far!! Looking forward to more!
Pros
Carpooling. Jobs also on bus routes. Local work.
Cons
Low pay but hey! Work is work!!
productive, professional, fun work experience
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 January 2017
cold outdoor working experiences looking for indoor work better pay and oppertunity to further my learning skills with a new company
Pros
close to home job sites
Cons
long hours and cold enviroments
I found Labour Ready to be extremely beneficial.
Previous Labourer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 October 2016
I was young, about 18, and I only had a few previous jobs before this agency. I was recently graduated and finding a job in Abbotsford was and still is difficult for my age range. I got to experience building water pumps, cleaning bakeries, shovelling berries, building crane mats for the oil rigs, sorting dirty laundry, and packing water onto Pallets.

The work always varied and while you are paid everyday, you can always ask them to pay you once a week, twice a month, monthly etc. It was also cool when working in a construction environment, and say they normally pay their employees 11.50 if you actually work for them, Labour Ready would pay you 12 dollars per hour. So it was worth it in the end.

I found it helpful and very unique.

I hope I can return to them once I finish my schooling, college is fun right?
Pros
There was always work, always willing to work with your disabilties
Cons
Some of the places you arrived at were awful, sometimes the job required too much
time table
pitcher/loader (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON17 January 2017
well i was supposed to be working up until the second week in december i showed up to work and said they didnt need me to come back tomorrow and then i was supposed to go in the following day and said they didnt need me anymore

To me theres no trust in the job that they send you to
Pros
always paid on time
Cons
paid on monday's never expected to finish early on the term i was told
Friendly staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2017
Each job was different and I obtained a lot of different skills at each job site. I met a lot of amazing people and I made a ton of new friends. The hardest part about working at a temp agency is that work is never guaranteed. It became increasingly harder to get work through this temp agency.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Not a lot of work
good part time work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 March 2017
good part time hours, work when you want, long days 5:00 am until 5:00 pm, not guaranteed work, minimum wage, work with different people and jobs on a daily basis
Pros
work when you want
Cons
early mornings
not for me
Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2016
I did like the travelling and working in other stuff but not the lack of staff to much work for only 3 people may need a few more guys
Pros
meals provided
good jobs
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 March 2017
you get to experience a lot of good jobs and get experience in doing different things and meeting different people. some jobs are better then others but most are not that rewarding
Pros
work
Cons
not guarenteed a job everyday
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
I worked for close to a year and if was always interesting had many different types of jobs ranging from site clean ups to installing seating in the the Air Canada Centre
Pros
You pick when you want to work
Cons
not steady work
Very good at times for work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 February 2017
Labour ready most of the time has good days when they send you out on an assignment but most of the time they don't have any work for you. You sit there until they find something for you.
I don't know about other cities but don't go to the one in Edmonton ,AB
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
they send whoever they want to work and on top of that they still keep telling You to come tomorrow and they will send you to work , too much lies and very bad place you will some people rolling weed and others taking a nap I couldn't understand smh
It was a very diverse job.
general labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 October 2016
I loved the people at this job, however, it was not a steady job, it was first come first served. It was not something a person was able to depend on.
Pros
free samples
Cons
the steel toed rubber boots were very uncomfortable.
Temporary Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2016
It's a Temporary job agency, if one of the customers don't like the way you look at them you get a DNR (DO NOT RETURN), no explanation, no reason, just can't go back to that job.
As long as you do your part in showing up in good time, letting them know when you are not available, work hard, be respectful, when the jobs become available you will get to work!
Pros
Paid at the end of everyday
Cons
TEMPORARY WORK
Fast Paced work environment
Recruiter/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2016
-Learned selling and recruiting techniques for this industry.

-Flexible working hours.

-Fast paced work environment.

-Constant customer service throughout the day.
Pros
Education
Cons
Lack of staff support
quick pay, no obligations to work everyday, chose when to work
general labour (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK3 June 2016
my typical day is getting up and 3 am and getting ready for work, with the work i do it's usually best match first dispatch, i can be doing a different job each day, management are nice people, most of the peopel i work with are nice, the hardest part about the job is the actual work and the time i need to get up at.
Great on my feet, good knowledge of labour abilitys
General labourGeneral Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2016
Worked at labour ready and love working there great working environment and good hours if I could have any comments is keep up the great work labourers.
Pros
Work
Cons
Hours
Temp Agency
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 September 2016
Great place to work for, employees are always super assisting to my needs only reason I am looking for something else is because I need something a little more permanant.
Not a bad place
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 March 2016
I Worked for this place for awhile, they are a contracting company and the Management were never harsh to me or anyone i worked with and gave us amazing opportunity in different fields. only downside was the 5 dollar cut from our pay for finding the work which none of us complained about as they never caused us problems or ever put us at horrible places. Only bad thing was at some points no work would flow in, or to many people would try and hire on causing tons of problems for regular guys.
Pros
Great Team, Diversity in work
Cons
To many people doing it
Very Productive
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 July 2016
Excellent Company

They offer a wide range of opportunities for anyone willing and wanting to be a part of our structured work force. There is no barriers or fine lines. They not only practice but also imply EQUALITY!
Pros
Choice in Growth
Cons
First come First Serve
Day Labour enviroment that puts you to work in different trades
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 December 2012
A great work enviroment centered around safety, and working in different Trades. Minimum wage pay, but maximum oppertunities to advance training in the trades
Pros
safety minded enviroment, professional trades people, reliable daily work.
Cons
minimum wage pay, no job security, or benefits, and no long term employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Labour Ready. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5