Labor Ready Employee Reviews

Not Dependable or reasonable
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 April 2016
You arrive, Have to pay your own way to job site.
You work for the 8 hours necessary, then pay your way back to Labour Ready via taxi, bus or over priced "car" they offer ( 10- 15$ off your cheque)
receive cheque that generally has anything they can deduct off of it they can. Had an incident where they promised an 8 hour shift, to show up at one point and only work for 4. upon returning to labor ready, Was told that I had to pay for a vest I did not need nor use.
- 11.98 off of my already low pay check.
They refused to take it off or take back the vest.
Hardest part of employment would be consistency, They never have consecutive shifts so it is unreliable when it comes to dedicating weeks to working with them.
best part would only be that sometimes it is convenient when you need emergency money or a little extra spending cash.
overall decent
Labor worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 February 2016
good work needed more hours and more hourly wage but most of the time they had constant work when you needed it and also would give u time off if you needed it.
Its a fine place to work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2015
Starts at 5:30am, goes to office to get job tickets!
I have learnt a lot of stuff because the demands are varied eg. landscaping, construction cleaning etc.
Typical management of formal business!
Some co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with! Others appear difficult!
Hardest part is ensuring that the client is satisfied at the end of the task given!
Most enjoyable part is being told that the job was well done!
flexible, low paying, paid daily
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2015
If you are a solid worker, they can keep you busy. Work can be difficult and dirty, often pays much less than market rate. Workers are often unmotivated.
Bulk Store Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 August 2015
I worked at many different places from painting homes to working in a Bulk Sale Store. I also worked at a Cinema installing seats.
flexible
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 July 2015
great place to find work. great staff and fast at finding you work. recommend to others if they're looking for immediate work
Great Job
Stage material for pressman (Current Employee) –  Different locations28 June 2015
Great company to work for. Its great how you get paid daily. The only I dont like is driving around to different locations.
Pros
Get paid daily
Cons
Driving to different locations
incompetent should be banned
labourer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, On10 June 2015
from the beginning I felt they were extremely rude.
they were incompetent of the most basic office tasks that I have done for many years
very agressive and antagonistic perhaps to use the "provocation" technique I've come to see happen in many places in which people push and attempt to pick fights with others and then claim those people are hot tempered. fortunately I've seen it and that didn't work.
basically they are here to bring in their own workers and locals who try to go through them get screwed.
shows what having incompetents as middle men can destroy a lot of people who want to work but are forced to go through an agency that lies and in my case were and are actually a barrier.
to the fools who can't operate a company properly and need to use a group like this because they are incapable of leadership and training and want incompetence in the form of untrained desparate labourers - your loss.
Pros
Cons
middle men can not respond to requests regarding your paperwork, and then blame you, doesn't matter if you have proof once you've lost an opportunity to show on the job what you can do, its too late
Fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 April 2015
Not very much to say about labor ready never really knew where you would end up everyday, worked at least 20 different jobs through labor ready
Labor Ready
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2015
Working on a temporary basis was too hard to support my family. There was no guarantee for work each day which became stressful due to bills adding up.
the jobs suck...
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 February 2015
most of the jobs u get there r company's that just want someone to do there dirty work cause they don't want to do it...there is nothing else to say
Alright
Temp Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2015
Used to be a great place to work but now has nothing available. new management has also ruined it. Overall not worth going to right now but if they pick up the availability and amount of jobs it will be better.
productive and fun to work for
F/T Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 February 2015
I enjoyed being able to do a variety of different laboring jobs including helping to demolish the sports check and build bouclair home in peterborough
A Days Work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 May 2014
A typical day at work is unknown until the minute i start (same idea with co-workers), which i enjoy. i could have a boring slow & easy day or a day where im constantly on my feet, which is what i like. the hardest part is not knowing if you will have a good direct employer. the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and doing new jobs.
Pros
gauranteed pay at the end of the day
Cons
somedays theres just no work.
Not enough hours would like to work 40 hr/weekly
General Labour, Construction, Demolition. (Current Employee) –  Barrie, Ontario21 October 2013
Just not enough hours and really dont like working there, it is a temp agency and like i said not enough hours. would like to get a job where I may gain and grow more experience and 40 hrs.weekly
Cons
Not enough hours
GOOD
Laborer (Former Employee) –  KAMLOOPS-B.C1 July 2013
They get you to work in your field preference whether its construction or cleaning hotels.The pay is average but you get paid daily and it helps ,when you need to buy food if you've been out of work for awhile.
Pros
they get you work if you show up
Cons
you have to show up at 5 am
here it is
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2013
Typically,I would get to work, have a coffee, get my tool belt on, and start the day. climbing ladders, digging holes, driving nails into plywood, and having lunch, doing more work, then going home
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay
Day to Day job schedualing
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton ON4 February 2013
show up at the main office at 5:00 am.
sometimes get sent out to work, sometimes no work for the day.
ive learned to be very flexable with my hours and work schedual to acomidate hours of work that are given to me.
The hardest part of this job is not having a steady income to support myself.
Pros
paid daily
Cons
temparory work, shortage of hours, time spent traviling from office to job without pay
work and get paid in 24 hours...
Laborer-Hussmann Canada LTD, CCT (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 January 2013
I have worked at a number of jobs through this agency, most recently as a receiver for a perfume store in Stone Road Mall. In 2012 summer months, I was hired on as an advertiser for the closing of a large department store. Previously to that I managed a warehouse for 3 years. Most of the jobs I do with this company are jobs in which I must work independently of others, although I do work very well with people also. The hardest part of this job was the "on call", where you find out about jobs an hour before they start and still need to run to Labor Ready for the time sheet. The most enjoyable part of the job is where they pay you the next day for your work...
Pros
get paid next day
Cons
low wages