Labor Ready
1,861 reviews

Labor Ready Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Job
Stage material for pressman (Current Employee), Different locationsJune 28, 2015
Pros: Get paid daily
Cons: Driving to different locations
Great company to work for. Its great how you get paid daily. The only I dont like is driving around to different locations.
incompetent should be banned
labourer (Former Employee), Oshawa, OnJune 10, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: middle men can not respond to requests regarding your paperwork, and then blame you, doesn't matter if you have proof once you've lost an opportunity to show on the job what you can do, its too late
from the beginning I felt they were extremely rude.
they were incompetent of the most basic office tasks that I have done for many years
very agressive and antagonistic perhaps to use the "provocation" technique I've come to see happen in many places in which people push and attempt to pick fights with others and then claim those people are hot tempered. fortunately I've seen it and that didn't work.
basically they are here to bring in their own workers and locals who try to go through them get screwed.
shows what having incompetents as middle men can destroy a lot of people who want to work but are forced to go through an agency that lies and in my case were and are actually a barrier.
to the fools who can't operate a company properly and need to use a group like this because they are incapable of leadership and training and want incompetence in the form of untrained desparate labourers - your loss.
Fun
Laborer (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 16, 2015
Not very much to say about labor ready never really knew where you would end up everyday, worked at least 20 different jobs through labor ready
Labor Ready
General Laborer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2015
Working on a temporary basis was too hard to support my family. There was no guarantee for work each day which became stressful due to bills adding up.
the jobs suck...
General Laborer (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 13, 2015
most of the jobs u get there r company's that just want someone to do there dirty work cause they don't want to do it...there is nothing else to say
Alright
Temp Labourer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2015
Used to be a great place to work but now has nothing available. new management has also ruined it. Overall not worth going to right now but if they pick up the availability and amount of jobs it will be better.
productive and fun to work for
F/T Laborer (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 1, 2015
I enjoyed being able to do a variety of different laboring jobs including helping to demolish the sports check and build bouclair home in peterborough
A Days Work
Labourer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 21, 2014
Pros: gauranteed pay at the end of the day
Cons: somedays theres just no work.
A typical day at work is unknown until the minute i start (same idea with co-workers), which i enjoy. i could have a boring slow & easy day or a day where im constantly on my feet, which is what i like. the hardest part is not knowing if you will have a good direct employer. the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and doing new jobs.
Not enough hours would like to work 40 hr/weekly
General Labour, Construction, Demolition. (Current Employee), Barrie, OntarioOctober 21, 2013
Cons: not enough hours
Just not enough hours and really dont like working there, it is a temp agency and like i said not enough hours. would like to get a job where I may gain and grow more experience and 40 hrs.weekly
GOOD
Laborer (Former Employee), KAMLOOPS-B.CJuly 1, 2013
Pros: they get you work if you show up
Cons: you have to show up at 5 am
They get you to work in your field preference whether its construction or cleaning hotels.The pay is average but you get paid daily and it helps ,when you need to buy food if you've been out of work for awhile.
here it is
Carpenter (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: bad pay
Typically,I would get to work, have a coffee, get my tool belt on, and start the day. climbing ladders, digging holes, driving nails into plywood, and having lunch, doing more work, then going home
Day to Day job schedualing
General Labourer (Current Employee), Hamilton ONFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: paid daily
Cons: temparory work, shortage of hours, time spent traviling from office to job without pay
show up at the main office at 5:00 am.
sometimes get sent out to work, sometimes no work for the day.
ive learned to be very flexable with my hours and work schedual to acomidate hours of work that are given to me.
The hardest part of this job is not having a steady income to support myself.
work and get paid in 24 hours...
Laborer-Hussmann Canada LTD, CCT (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: get paid next day
Cons: low wages
I have worked at a number of jobs through this agency, most recently as a receiver for a perfume store in Stone Road Mall. In 2012 summer months, I was hired on as an advertiser for the closing of a large department store. Previously to that I managed a warehouse for 3 years. Most of the jobs I do with this company are jobs in which I must work independently of others, although I do work very well with people also. The hardest part of this job was the "on call", where you find out about jobs an hour before they start and still need to run to Labor Ready for the time sheet. The most enjoyable part of the job is where they pay you the next day for your work...

About Labor Ready

We are always in need of dependable people who are ready to serve the growing needs of our customers. Labor Ready is an equal – Read more