Permanent - Full Time Opportunity
LabX Media Group has over 40 employees in Canada and the US serving the scientific industry via dynamic websites and award-winning print publications. In business since 1995 and located at our Midland, Ontario headquarters since 2001, our company is again hiring to meet the needs of our expanding business. LabX Media Group consists of four primary business units: LabX.com, Lab Manager Magazine, LabWrench.com and The Scientist Magazine.
LabX Media Group offers an excellent maternity leave contract opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper/ Finance Assistant. The successful candidate will manage and maintain all financial records and will prepare monthly financial statements and complete timely month end close procedures. Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable, posting journal entries, etc. Prepare cheques, payments and bank deposits. Prepare/check invoices. Reconcile and balance all accounts including bank and credit card statements. Analyze account data and generate financial reports. Calculate and prepare tax payments and year end statements. Assist with budget preparation. Maintain complete filing system to support financial records. Reconcile and analyze employee expense reports. Properly follow accounting principles and company policies. Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Must have experience working with QuickBooks
- Highly proficient with a computer, MS Office especially Excel and strong Internet skills
- Comfortable on the phone receiving customer calls and making outbound calls
- Professional email correspondence experience is required
- 3 – 5 years’ related experience
- Completion of Post-Secondary degree/diploma in relevant field
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Knowledge US accounting principles and policies, foreign exchange is an asset
The incumbent must be honest and trustworthy, possess strong interpersonal skills
Annual salary commensurate with experience and benefits
We appreciate all applications. Only those being considered will be contacted.
This is a full-time contract position with the possibility for full-time permanent placement following the contract.