La Vie En Rose Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 27, 2016
It's a rewarding place to work, everyone is nice, the hours are okay, everyone gets along and management is always there when you need them
Pros
amazing team
Cons
hours getting cut back
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
Managers and staff were nice. The hardest part of the job was rearranging the store and putting out merchandise and organizing panty table. Most enjoyable part was helping customers find what they need and making a sale.
Pros
Half off merchandise
Cons
Not many shifts available.
Fun loving business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 2, 2016
Working for this company gave me the experience to learn about my body. Different ladies in different sizes come and enjoy different items to make themselves look and feel more confident. The managers and staff were more like sisters than just workers.
Enjoyable and learning experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2016
Working at this store is fun. It involves talking to the customers, telling them about the offers, helping them and providing them product information. It also includes maintaining the store clean at all times.
Pros
Flexible hours
great working space
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 17, 2015
Customer service has always been a great factor in my life as I am a people person and love to help out others in any way that I can, understanding their needs are a must and having them leave happy is a great honor knowing you helped them out,
Some times its hard to work with very young girls as they are very chatty and sometimes needs that extra push to get started for the day, the hardest part of this job is some times the chattiness of the coworkers.
Management I feel is great the team they have are wonderful
Pros
discount
productive and energetic work place
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 16, 2015
the manager was great and my co-workers were very helpful and polite. The hardest part of the job was taking care of more than 3 customers at once during the holiday season.
Fun and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONDecember 15, 2015
A typical day at work at this job is very calm and sorted. La Vie, is not the busiest of all the stores, but it does get busy. Generally when I go into work, I equip myself with a measuring tape in case any customers need to have their chest measured for a size. Another thing that is a daily thing at that store is making sure all customers have been greeted and have had all the promotions in the store told to them. Of course I make sure all my customers have been asked if they need any help, and if so I make sure I do. I regularly set customers up with change rooms and check up on them, not only to see if they are finding everything okay as well as everything fitting. But, also for loss prevention to make sure no one steals, we keep count of all items that go in and out of the change room. The staff and management there are nothing short of spectacular, everyday is always a fun one. The most enjoyable part of my day is honestly helping people find clothing/items that make them happy.
Pros
Amazing staff, amazing customers, 50% discount
Cons
Unreliable hours, minimum pay, no benefits
Productive and fun work place environment
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ONDecember 1, 2015
Friendly coworkers. Supportive management and work together to make daily and weekly goals. Encourage growth and development with the company.
productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
great workplace with amazing management. lots of sales. rude customers from time to time. but, overall, great workplace.
Pros
free lingerie contests
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 10, 2015
Typical day includes helping customers to the best of your ability. The company is also not always focused on the numbers but helps the employees improve and develop their skills. The environment of this work place is very friendly and welcoming.
work lifestyle
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 22, 2015
-amazing co-workers
-management is usually strict due to the pressure of sale goals and targets
-very competitive work environment
-lots of sale target; daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly sales
fun workplace
stock associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Learn a lot about customer service. Management is willing to help employees with schedule and product knowledge. Everyone is working as a group.
Pros
product
Cons
short shifts
Great Team&Environment, Poor Managment Skills
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABOctober 8, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed the work environment but felt taken advantage of. I stepped up in helping once our manager left and felt unvalued after all I did. Manager was great, team was great, loved the customers but I want to step forward in life.
Pros
team
Cons
salary
Fun and interactive environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  brampton, ontarioSeptember 16, 2015
Working at La vie en Rose is a fun and interactive environment. As an employee you are constantly interacting with customers, allowing yourself to improve of build great customer service skills. Having sales targets allows you to push yourself as an individual to meet your daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
Pros
quick pace environment
Cons
lack of stability
Its was... Okay
Customer service, Money transactions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 31, 2015
I did not like the atmosphere of the store. I did not like the manager`s attitude with staff.

The employee`s were very nice
Pros
Was in the Mall
Cons
Terrible management
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  BramptonAugust 20, 2015
The management at La Vie En Rose is very friendly. They are helpful and it is an easy place to work. I learned to multi-task, deal with difficult situations and work under pressure.
Overall a good place to work, but bad personal experience
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  CanadaAugust 12, 2015
I moved up fast here. Started as a sales associate and quickly became keyholder. My first few months working here were amazing. My co-workers were great. The job in general is fun and productive yet challenging. You will be pushed to make sales and there is competition between co-workers to make the most sales. The pay was good. I got paid a very decent wage plus you can make commission based on your sales.

One of the negatives though is hours are not guaranteed. Even as keyholder I was still part time. They will cut your hours based on how busy the store is and how much is selling. Be prepared to get sent home early from a shift because sales are not high that day. Half way through my work experience here we got a new store manager and she was absolutely terrible. She hired friends of hers and would play favourites with them. Giving them more hours, higher pay, better job duties etc. She threatened to demote me without a legitimate reason. I suspected it was so she could promote one of her "favourites". Which is exactly what happened as soon as I quit. Within a few months of having the new manager everyone I worked with originally had quit. The district manager was useless. She let all of this slip past her. She didn't have a clue what was going on internally in her stores, and let the managers get away with whatever they wanted. They could treat you unfairly and get away with it.

The company overall is decent but does not show much appreciation or care for their employees.
Pros
Good pay, fun work environment
Cons
Bad management, company does not show much care for employees, unfair treatment
Working within a faced paced environment with effective customer service skills
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 26, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of being able to completing tasks while providing excellent customer service. I have learned to work within a fast paced environment, complete multiple tasks within a short period of time, complete visuals around the store, complete opening and closing procedures and working within an effective team.
Bitter sweet
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2015
It was an overall nice place to work. I get let go due to the store being overstaffed. Which, I suppose is understandable but the managment was very cold about the firing process. Didn't give much info when I asked questions.
Fun work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  WoodbridgeMay 21, 2015
La Vie En Rose is my part time job and its a great place to work, everyone is friendly and amazing. The manager is an awesome person, she will bend backwards for you and all the employees there are awesome sales representatives.