La Vie En Rose Employee Reviews

Great way to improve customer service skills
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Montreal West, QC11 December 2016
Opening consisted of opening the cashes and making sure they balanced. A typical day at work consisted of helping customers finding their perfect bra. Closing consisted of cleaning the cabins, making sure the cashes balanced and that everything looked in place for the next morning.

Management was very nice and respectful.

My co-workers were very sweet.

The hardest part of the job was making sure all the money balanced.

The most enjoyable part was to make a customer buy a product they really like.
Pros
50% off the store
Cons
Customers may be unpleasant
Fun and Educational Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON3 May 2016
A typical day at work would be to clean displays and help customer find what they are looking for in the correct size that will fit them comfortably. I learned how to properly size bras, customer service techniques, how to be a productive employee and how to properly interact with other. Management was helpful and nice. Co-workers were always willing to help and answer any questions i may not have known the answers to. Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers, and the most enjoyable part was being able to help other.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Long hours, constantly walking
Bad bad bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 December 2016
Horrendous! No one should ever work in this type of environment. Very bad management, very bad coworkers, very bad work environment overall. No breaks either, management told me I couldn't even use the washrokm or get a drink of water & scheduled me on days off and told me to show and if I didn't, I would be put down as a no show. Horrible.
Pleasant
Sales Associate/Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 June 2016
training is included for all new employees, not much room for advancement in the company. Depending on location may even foster a clique culture.
Nice..
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
I love working here. This experience has taught me a lot. Sometimes there are rude customers, but it is always best to stay calm in those situations obviously. Not really a fan of one of my managers, but overall the people I work with are great. I love the discount and the fact I can balance both social life and work life.
Exciting and Great Environment
Sales Associate, Cashier, Stock, Visual Changes (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 September 2016
Good environment
Great customer service and Management Team as well as workers
Management Was very flexible and understanding
Favourite part of job was helping customers
Hardest was sale goals
Pros
Fun Customers and great Co-workers
Cons
Not making sales you thought you could do
Fun and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 December 2015
A typical day at work at this job is very calm and sorted. La Vie, is not the busiest of all the stores, but it does get busy. Generally when I go into work, I equip myself with a measuring tape in case any customers need to have their chest measured for a size. Another thing that is a daily thing at that store is making sure all customers have been greeted and have had all the promotions in the store told to them. Of course I make sure all my customers have been asked if they need any help, and if so I make sure I do. I regularly set customers up with change rooms and check up on them, not only to see if they are finding everything okay as well as everything fitting. But, also for loss prevention to make sure no one steals, we keep count of all items that go in and out of the change room. The staff and management there are nothing short of spectacular, everyday is always a fun one. The most enjoyable part of my day is honestly helping people find clothing/items that make them happy.
Pros
Amazing staff, amazing customers, 50% discount
Cons
Unreliable hours, minimum pay, no benefits
Isn't the best place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
It was my first job here in Edmonton and I didn't get a proper training. The managers were intimidating. It was not as fun as I expected, I kind of regret working there.
Pros
employment discount
Cons
poor management
Working at La vie en rose was the most horrible choice made
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 August 2016
I worked at the abbotsford location in BC, Canada and it was an horrible experience! I worked 5 hours straight and got absolutely no break and the manager would cancel my shifts without letting me know. I was treated with no respect the team was extremely rude and not helpful at all. I would recommend nobody to work here! No one deserves to be treated this badly.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No hours, No breaks for 5 hour shifts, No respect
Productive, great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Learned a great deal about selling, working here helped me improve on a lot of my skills such as leadership skills, and helped me improve on my selling. I enjoy working here, It's a great environment to be in. I learned a lot.
Pros
Learned a lot
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 September 2016
I loved working of the company, I was lucky enough to work in 2 different stores (Winnipeg and Dartmouth) and they were both great. I would highly recommend applying!!
Harsh Work Place
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 May 2016
At La Vie en Rose most days coworkers and mangers were making rude remarks about costumers that have walked into the store, in some cases the costumers felt uncomfortable with the staff because of rude remarks or attitude.
I personally was usually at the back of the store doing stock, and could over hear many conversations that were uncalled for. Although I did learn how to work at a faster pace with retail and it was alright sometimes with the other employees. The most enjoyable part would be to work with the customers when I got given the chance and make them smile.
First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 July 2016
I learned a lot about work ethic and how to balance my work and school life. La Vie en Rose was my first job, I worked there for just over 3 years. I learned how to deal with different types and sorts of people. I on some occasion had to get a bit personal with some of the customers. I learned my boundaries and how to deal with solving problems and making a better solution.
Very chill environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 July 2016
La vie en rose is a very chill environment to work in. Managers and coworkers were very down to earth. Realistic goals and supportive staff. Hardest part of the job is when it's a slow day and theres not much to do at work.
Pushed to work to the bone with no incentives
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2014
Management does not know how to keep employees happy at La Vie en Rose. Employees, almost always kept on a part time basis are given sporadic shifts, pushed to sell as much as humanly possible. The commission cap is set at $120 per hour, making it nearly impossible to make anything above minimum wage. I worked there for nearly two years, consistently sold well, and was being trained to be a Key Holder. Even after working there for two years as a sales associate, they offered me a 25 cent raise for the promotion.
productive and organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 April 2016
It's a rewarding place to work, everyone is nice, the hours are okay, everyone gets along and management is always there when you need them
Pros
amazing team
Cons
hours getting cut back
Worst Job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dixie Mall3 August 2016
Co-workers are rude and they don't help you with the work that has to be done. They tell you what you shouldn't do and they do the same things they tell you not to do.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short shifts
great working space
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 December 2015
Customer service has always been a great factor in my life as I am a people person and love to help out others in any way that I can, understanding their needs are a must and having them leave happy is a great honor knowing you helped them out,
Some times its hard to work with very young girls as they are very chatty and sometimes needs that extra push to get started for the day, the hardest part of this job is some times the chattiness of the coworkers.
Management I feel is great the team they have are wonderful
Pros
discount
Enjoyable atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2012
A regular shift at La Vie en Rose starts off with putting back whatever merchandise the customers have left behind. While keeping the store tidy, I gently approach customers, ask them how they are doing, introduce myself, and then tell them about the promotions. I also generally assist them in selecting merchandise that follow their needs. Management continually pushes the sales staff to sell as much as possible, which means that I am able to sell more than $100 per hour per shift. The co workers are very friendly, which creates an enjoyable atmosphere to work in. The hardest is part of the job is that there are no breaks unless we have a shift longer than five hours. Sales associates are almost never given shifts longer than five hours. Sometimes shifts are as short as 3.5 hours. Every employee has one on call shift per week, which is extremely inconvenient.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
lack of hours, minimum wage
productive and nice place to work
Full-Time Junior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2016
It is a very good place to work. always something to do . I've learned a lot on how it very important to work with customers closely and answer and ask all questions to make a customer feel helped and appreciated. Hardest part is that a lot more pressure was put on me in my position more than it should have at some points. I loved all the associates that have worked with.
Pros
great staff
Cons
lack of communication sometimes

2.9