La Vie En Rose Employee Reviews

it was okay i guess
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2017
honestly, this company is ridiculous. we had to work christmas and boxing day and new years day for 8+ hours without a break. we were allowed to bring snacks, but wernt allowed our half hour break. somehow under staffed and over staffed at the same time. too many people and poorly organized shifts. a lot of my co workers were catty and cliquey and by the end i simply did not feel welcome. it was a retail job though so what more can you expect.
Pros
close to transit
Cons
everything else
Fun workplace, bad boss.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 April 2017
This company hired me during a time in my life where I was losing a family member. Unfortunately the boss wasn't as understanding as I needed at the time.
Fun work environment
Junior Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2017
I have learned a lot in a short amount of time as this is my first management position. Workplace is a happy environment as all the girls get a long and asks questions when needed.
Hostile work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
Management was very stressed all the time creating a hostile environment. Customers were always very rude and did not want any type of assistance. They promote an employee points reward program that is unrealistic to achieve given them workplace location.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
Great discount for employees and a fun environment where it can be fast-paced. Most enjoyable part of the job is the discount and being able to work with coworkers. Hardest part of the job is the pressure and competition for sales.
Great experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
I had a very fun and interesting time at the location, I learned a lot and because of that I have more to offer other companies. I learn how to handle tuff situations and learn how to adapt to a knew things and work at a fast pass.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive, great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Learned a great deal about selling, working here helped me improve on a lot of my skills such as leadership skills, and helped me improve on my selling. I enjoy working here, It's a great environment to be in. I learned a lot.
Pros
Learned a lot
hardworking fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
It was only a seasonal position. A good experience though. A typical day included cleaning up the clothing and helping clients.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
seasonal with no room to grow
Bad bad bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 December 2016
Horrendous! No one should ever work in this type of environment. Very bad management, very bad coworkers, very bad work environment overall. No breaks either, management told me I couldn't even use the washrokm or get a drink of water & scheduled me on days off and told me to show and if I didn't, I would be put down as a no show. Horrible.
Cons
Great way to improve customer service skills
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Montreal West, QC11 December 2016
Opening consisted of opening the cashes and making sure they balanced. A typical day at work consisted of helping customers finding their perfect bra. Closing consisted of cleaning the cabins, making sure the cashes balanced and that everything looked in place for the next morning.

Management was very nice and respectful.

My co-workers were very sweet.

The hardest part of the job was making sure all the money balanced.

The most enjoyable part was to make a customer buy a product they really like.
Pros
50% off the store
Cons
Customers may be unpleasant
Nice..
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
I love working here. This experience has taught me a lot. Sometimes there are rude customers, but it is always best to stay calm in those situations obviously. Not really a fan of one of my managers, but overall the people I work with are great. I love the discount and the fact I can balance both social life and work life.
Isn't the best place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
It was my first job here in Edmonton and I didn't get a proper training. The managers were intimidating. It was not as fun as I expected, I kind of regret working there.
Pros
employment discount
Cons
poor management
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 September 2016
I loved working of the company, I was lucky enough to work in 2 different stores (Winnipeg and Dartmouth) and they were both great. I would highly recommend applying!!
Exciting and Great Environment
Sales Associate, Cashier, Stock, Visual Changes (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 September 2016
Good environment
Great customer service and Management Team as well as workers
Management Was very flexible and understanding
Favourite part of job was helping customers
Hardest was sale goals
Pros
Fun Customers and great Co-workers
Cons
Not making sales you thought you could do
Working at La vie en rose was the most horrible choice made
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 August 2016
I worked at the abbotsford location in BC, Canada and it was an horrible experience! I worked 5 hours straight and got absolutely no break and the manager would cancel my shifts without letting me know. I was treated with no respect the team was extremely rude and not helpful at all. I would recommend nobody to work here! No one deserves to be treated this badly.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No hours, No breaks for 5 hour shifts, No respect
Worst Job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dixie Mall3 August 2016
Co-workers are rude and they don't help you with the work that has to be done. They tell you what you shouldn't do and they do the same things they tell you not to do.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short shifts
Very chill environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 July 2016
La vie en rose is a very chill environment to work in. Managers and coworkers were very down to earth. Realistic goals and supportive staff. Hardest part of the job is when it's a slow day and theres not much to do at work.
First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 July 2016
I learned a lot about work ethic and how to balance my work and school life. La Vie en Rose was my first job, I worked there for just over 3 years. I learned how to deal with different types and sorts of people. I on some occasion had to get a bit personal with some of the customers. I learned my boundaries and how to deal with solving problems and making a better solution.
Pleasant
Sales Associate/Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 June 2016
training is included for all new employees, not much room for advancement in the company. Depending on location may even foster a clique culture.
great experience
Junior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 May 2016
• Managing the sales floor, while providing the best customer service
• Coaching the part time associates, and assisting them to achieve their sales goals
• Handling appropriate paperwork, and visual changes
• Taking on the manager role when the store manager is not in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Vie En Rose. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9