La Vie En Rose Employee Reviews

Fun and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONDecember 15, 2015
A typical day at work at this job is very calm and sorted. La Vie, is not the busiest of all the stores, but it does get busy. Generally when I go into work, I equip myself with a measuring tape in case any customers need to have their chest measured for a size. Another thing that is a daily thing at that store is making sure all customers have been greeted and have had all the promotions in the store told to them. Of course I make sure all my customers have been asked if they need any help, and if so I make sure I do. I regularly set customers up with change rooms and check up on them, not only to see if they are finding everything okay as well as everything fitting. But, also for loss prevention to make sure no one steals, we keep count of all items that go in and out of the change room. The staff and management there are nothing short of spectacular, everyday is always a fun one. The most enjoyable part of my day is honestly helping people find clothing/items that make them happy.
Pros
Amazing staff, amazing customers, 50% discount
Cons
Unreliable hours, minimum pay, no benefits
Working at La vie en rose was the most horrible choice made
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCAugust 24, 2016
I worked at the abbotsford location in BC, Canada and it was an horrible experience! I worked 5 hours straight and got absolutely no break and the manager would cancel my shifts without letting me know. I was treated with no respect the team was extremely rude and not helpful at all. I would recommend nobody to work here! No one deserves to be treated this badly.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No hours, No breaks for 5 hour shifts, No respect
Harsh Work Place
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2016
At La Vie en Rose most days coworkers and mangers were making rude remarks about costumers that have walked into the store, in some cases the costumers felt uncomfortable with the staff because of rude remarks or attitude.
I personally was usually at the back of the store doing stock, and could over hear many conversations that were uncalled for. Although I did learn how to work at a faster pace with retail and it was alright sometimes with the other employees. The most enjoyable part would be to work with the customers when I got given the chance and make them smile.
Fun and Educational Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be to clean displays and help customer find what they are looking for in the correct size that will fit them comfortably. I learned how to properly size bras, customer service techniques, how to be a productive employee and how to properly interact with other. Management was helpful and nice. Co-workers were always willing to help and answer any questions i may not have known the answers to. Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers, and the most enjoyable part was being able to help other.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Long hours, constantly walking
Great Team&Environment, Poor Managment Skills
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABOctober 8, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed the work environment but felt taken advantage of. I stepped up in helping once our manager left and felt unvalued after all I did. Manager was great, team was great, loved the customers but I want to step forward in life.
Pros
team
Cons
salary
First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 7, 2016
I learned a lot about work ethic and how to balance my work and school life. La Vie en Rose was my first job, I worked there for just over 3 years. I learned how to deal with different types and sorts of people. I on some occasion had to get a bit personal with some of the customers. I learned my boundaries and how to deal with solving problems and making a better solution.
productive and nice place to work
Full-Time Junior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
It is a very good place to work. always something to do . I've learned a lot on how it very important to work with customers closely and answer and ask all questions to make a customer feel helped and appreciated. Hardest part is that a lot more pressure was put on me in my position more than it should have at some points. I loved all the associates that have worked with.
Pros
great staff
Cons
lack of communication sometimes
Alright job, bad management
Sales Associate/ Temporary Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 4, 2015
I learned how to make women feel good about themselves and learned how to properly fit women for bras. I like learning about the different styles and alternative options. My co-workers were amazing however my manager and regional manager were sub-par. I was overworked, and only received a 20 cent raise after working there for a year. the most enjoyable part of the job was great coworkers and helping customers feel beautiful and important.
Very chill environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 27, 2016
La vie en rose is a very chill environment to work in. Managers and coworkers were very down to earth. Realistic goals and supportive staff. Hardest part of the job is when it's a slow day and theres not much to do at work.
great experience
Junior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 26, 2016
• Managing the sales floor, while providing the best customer service
• Coaching the part time associates, and assisting them to achieve their sales goals
• Handling appropriate paperwork, and visual changes
• Taking on the manager role when the store manager is not in
Worst Job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dixie MallAugust 3, 2016
Co-workers are rude and they don't help you with the work that has to be done. They tell you what you shouldn't do and they do the same things they tell you not to do.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short shifts
Overall great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONMay 2, 2016
First retail job and I loved it, meeting people and helping customers find what they are looking for. It always feels great when you know you have helped someone even it is the smallest thing, its rewarding to see customers leaving smiling.
Pros
Friendly envirnoment
Cons
too long of breaks, would prefer 2 half hours breaks
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSSeptember 11, 2016
I loved working of the company, I was lucky enough to work in 2 different stores (Winnipeg and Dartmouth) and they were both great. I would highly recommend applying!!
Customer Service oriented
Customer Service/Head Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vaughn, ONMarch 12, 2015
La Vie En Rose cultivated my customer service skills, since the merchandise is a personal item for our clientele. Communicating and listening to the customers needs is the most important part of this job. Product knowledge is what set this brand apart, the training was detailed and ongoing for all staff. Being part of the training process for new employees was enjoyable, due to the success of the brand and sales team. Merchandising the product gave me great pride in the work space because i had creative control of the layout of the product and upkeep of the store.
Pros
growth within the company
Cons
no benefits
Very welcoming and rewarding environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 24, 2016
This job includes selling product to our customers and working to maintain a sales goal. All of my co workers are very nice and work to encourage each other throughout each shift.
Pros
Supportive team environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours
great working space
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 17, 2015
Customer service has always been a great factor in my life as I am a people person and love to help out others in any way that I can, understanding their needs are a must and having them leave happy is a great honor knowing you helped them out,
Some times its hard to work with very young girls as they are very chatty and sometimes needs that extra push to get started for the day, the hardest part of this job is some times the chattiness of the coworkers.
Management I feel is great the team they have are wonderful
Pros
discount
Fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 5, 2016
Duties included:
-Answer customer’s questions and advise them on the merchandise
-Reach and exceed personal sales objectives
-Offer a personalized customer service
-Handle the cash with a high rate of precision
-Answer the phone in a polite and courteous manner
Pleasant
Sales Associate/Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 21, 2016
training is included for all new employees, not much room for advancement in the company. Depending on location may even foster a clique culture.
Cons
Pushed to work to the bone with no incentives
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2014
Management does not know how to keep employees happy at La Vie en Rose. Employees, almost always kept on a part time basis are given sporadic shifts, pushed to sell as much as humanly possible. The commission cap is set at $120 per hour, making it nearly impossible to make anything above minimum wage. I worked there for nearly two years, consistently sold well, and was being trained to be a Key Holder. Even after working there for two years as a sales associate, they offered me a 25 cent raise for the promotion.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
Managers and staff were nice. The hardest part of the job was rearranging the store and putting out merchandise and organizing panty table. Most enjoyable part was helping customers find what they need and making a sale.
Pros
Half off merchandise
Cons
Not many shifts available.

2.8