La Vie En Rose Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and energetic work place
sales associate (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 16, 2015
the manager was great and my co-workers were very helpful and polite. The hardest part of the job was taking care of more than 3 customers at once during the holiday season.
Fun and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Amazing staff, amazing customers, 50% discount
Cons: Unreliable hours, minimum pay, no benefits
A typical day at work at this job is very calm and sorted. La Vie, is not the busiest of all the stores, but it does get busy. Generally when I go into work, I equip myself with a measuring tape in case any customers need to have their chest measured for a size. Another thing that is a daily thing at that store is making sure all customers have been greeted and have had all the promotions in the store told to them. Of course I make sure all my customers have been asked if they need any help, and if so I make sure I do. I regularly set customers up with change rooms and check up on them, not only to see if they are finding everything okay as well as everything fitting. But, also for loss prevention to make sure no one steals, we keep count of all items that go in and out of the change room. The staff and management there are nothing short of spectacular, everyday is always a fun one. The most enjoyable part of my day is honestly helping people find clothing/items that make them happy.
Productive and fun work place environment
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), North York, ONDecember 1, 2015
Friendly coworkers. Supportive management and work together to make daily and weekly goals. Encourage growth and development with the company.
productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: free lingerie contests
Cons: not enough hours
great workplace with amazing management. lots of sales. rude customers from time to time. but, overall, great workplace.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 10, 2015
Typical day includes helping customers to the best of your ability. The company is also not always focused on the numbers but helps the employees improve and develop their skills. The environment of this work place is very friendly and welcoming.
work lifestyle
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 22, 2015
-amazing co-workers
-management is usually strict due to the pressure of sale goals and targets
-very competitive work environment
-lots of sale target; daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly sales
fun workplace
stock associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: product
Cons: short shifts
Learn a lot about customer service. Management is willing to help employees with schedule and product knowledge. Everyone is working as a group.
Great Team&Environment, Poor Managment Skills
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee), Calgary ABOctober 8, 2015
Pros: team
Cons: salary
Thoroughly enjoyed the work environment but felt taken advantage of. I stepped up in helping once our manager left and felt unvalued after all I did. Manager was great, team was great, loved the customers but I want to step forward in life.
Fun and interactive environment
sales associate (Current Employee), brampton, ontarioSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: quick pace environment
Cons: lack of stability
Working at La vie en Rose is a fun and interactive environment. As an employee you are constantly interacting with customers, allowing yourself to improve of build great customer service skills. Having sales targets allows you to push yourself as an individual to meet your daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
Its was... Okay
Customer service, Money transactions (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Was in the Mall
Cons: Terrible management
I did not like the atmosphere of the store. I did not like the manager`s attitude with staff.

The employee`s were very nice
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), BramptonAugust 20, 2015
The management at La Vie En Rose is very friendly. They are helpful and it is an easy place to work. I learned to multi-task, deal with difficult situations and work under pressure.
Overall a good place to work, but bad personal experience
Keyholder (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay, fun work environment
Cons: Bad management, company does not show much care for employees, unfair treatment
I moved up fast here. Started as a sales associate and quickly became keyholder. My first few months working here were amazing. My co-workers were great. The job in general is fun and productive yet challenging. You will be pushed to make sales and there is competition between co-workers to make the most sales. The pay was good. I got paid a very decent wage plus you can make commission based on your sales.

One of the negatives though is hours are not guaranteed. Even as keyholder I was still part time. They will cut your hours based on how busy the store is and how much is selling. Be prepared to get sent home early from a shift because sales are not high that day. Half way through my work experience here we got a new store manager and she was absolutely terrible. She hired friends of hers and would play favourites with them. Giving them more hours, higher pay, better job duties etc. She threatened to demote me without a legitimate reason. I suspected it was so she could promote one of her "favourites". Which is exactly what happened as soon as I quit. Within a few months of having the new manager everyone I worked with originally had quit. The district manager was useless. She let all of this slip past her. She didn't have a clue what was going on internally in her stores, and let the managers get away with whatever they wanted. They could treat you unfairly and get away with it.

The company overall is decent but does not show much appreciation or care for their employees.
Working within a faced paced environment with effective customer service skills
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee), Markham, ONJuly 26, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of being able to completing tasks while providing excellent customer service. I have learned to work within a fast paced environment, complete multiple tasks within a short period of time, complete visuals around the store, complete opening and closing procedures and working within an effective team.
Bitter sweet
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2015
It was an overall nice place to work. I get let go due to the store being overstaffed. Which, I suppose is understandable but the managment was very cold about the firing process. Didn't give much info when I asked questions.
Fun work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee), WoodbridgeMay 21, 2015
La Vie En Rose is my part time job and its a great place to work, everyone is friendly and amazing. The manager is an awesome person, she will bend backwards for you and all the employees there are awesome sales representatives.
Terrible company
Keyholder (Former Employee), QuébecMay 10, 2015
Pros: Being friends with collegues
Cons: Horrible management
Only reason I kept this job for so long is because it was fun because we were all friends and we never really worked because we had a terrible manager and supervisor. They were friends and would go shopping during their shifts. Manager would take 10 cigarette breaks a day. You're paid minimum wage except if you get a higher position. Company tries to rip you off any way they can (ex: not giving you the bonuses they promised). Terrible company overall.
Alright job, bad management
Sales Associate/ Temporary Key Holder (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMay 4, 2015
I learned how to make women feel good about themselves and learned how to properly fit women for bras. I like learning about the different styles and alternative options. My co-workers were amazing however my manager and regional manager were sub-par. I was overworked, and only received a 20 cent raise after working there for a year. the most enjoyable part of the job was great coworkers and helping customers feel beautiful and important.
A productive day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2015
Attending to customers and ascertaining their needs and making recommendations. It was fun when customers left satisfied.
Ok place to work
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great environment to work in
Cons: Not a good fit for the job
Providing excellent customer service skills, putting merchandise onto floor, creating displays, house keeping, answering phone calls. I learned about the different styles of bras and panties, how to measure for a perfect bra fit. Management was friendly and easy to get along with as well as the rest of the girls. All were friendly and outgoing, The hardest part of the job was selling, I realized pretty fast that I am not a seller, some people are and some are not, I am not. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was making the customers happy and feel satisfied with their purchases and customer service experience.
Customer Service oriented
Customer Service/Head Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Vaughn, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: growth within the company
Cons: no benefits
La Vie En Rose cultivated my customer service skills, since the merchandise is a personal item for our clientele. Communicating and listening to the customers needs is the most important part of this job. Product knowledge is what set this brand apart, the training was detailed and ongoing for all staff. Being part of the training process for new employees was enjoyable, due to the success of the brand and sales team. Merchandising the product gave me great pride in the work space because i had creative control of the layout of the product and upkeep of the store.