La Senza

La Senza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, most of the employees were great to work with, management wasn't very good.
Part-Time, Keyholder (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: not enough wage
Depending on what time of the day I would start, I would either open the store or close it.
I learned a lot referring to bras, as well as getting bra certified, which mean I could properly mesure customers. I learned more good customer service.
Management was okay in the beginning, but they liked to pick favorites, and not actually promote on how hard – more... we would work.
Co-workers most were very nice, all girl staff did cause some unwanted drama, I tried to always statyed out of it.
Hardest part of this job was having to tell customers we didn't have what they wanted, sometimes they would get mad. – less
Sales
Sales / Administration (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2012
The workplace environment was good, got to learn alot, the management was efficient.
didnt like the return policy on underwear and bras change too much to suit bottom line with no regard for hygiene
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough Town CenterJune 19, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: last minute window and visual changes, with alot comin on friday nights, all changes have to be done by next business day
found the company policy and standards where changed to meet the needs of customers on an individual basis..
i enjoyed the challenge of learning new things, great atmosphere to work in,
the hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with all the daily email,s having to answer every one with the computer in the backroom'
visual and my customers were – more... the most enjoyable – less
Decent work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 15, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: not much room for advancement within company.
Got along well with all of the other employees. Benefits were non-existant and pay was average. Liked the work place overall and enjoyed helping customers, job was rewarding.
Very knowledgeable, learned a lot about women's apparel I did not know.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: discounts on undergarments
Cons: no break after three hours
A typical day at work is listening to the recording of our daily goals to meet, which includes sales goals and how many customers we would like to enter the store and exit with merchandise. While working here I learned a lot. I learned that while wearing your bra during the day it stretches, but if taken off at the end of the day before bed over night, – more... it goes back to the size it was when first bought. I also learned a lot of bra terminology. The managers were very friendly, and helped me a lot. My co-workers were really easy to get a long with, they too helped me very much and gave me great insight on the job that I was getting myself into. The hardest part of my job was not getting a break after five hours of work, I am generally use to getting at least a fifteen minute break after three or four hours. It was difficult for me because during those hours I am greeting and holding important conversations with customers; this made me lose my voice a couple of times, also have a dry mouth. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I dealt with patient and outgoing customers, because it made time go by a lot faster and in most cases I got a good laugh out of it. – less
Fun environment.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 21, 2012
It was an easy going and all around fun job. Also great benefits!
Fun workplacement
Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee), ReadingNovember 19, 2014
I loved working for La Senza !
It was one of my amazing work placement, where I had lots of fun.
Also I meet lots of amazing people
Friendly team not much progression
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good teamwork
Cons: not much staff discount
Lots of paperwork involved and visual merchandising, a lot is expected of you but the team was good and worked well together.
Area manager was supportive and operations managers.
Fun and friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGOctober 29, 2014
Pros: 30% discount
On a day to day basis I would often work on the shop floor, this involved greeting customers upon arrival into the shop, chatting to and helping customers. I provided bra and pantie fittings to all customers. I enjoyed serving the customers, I met many different people and very often had a good laugh. With the shop being in city center there were some – more... odd customers, many shoplifters and unpleasant people. I didn't mind this too much as I never found it was upsetting or difficult to deal with it was just one of those things you have to get on with.
I also worked in the stock room which involved dealing with deliveries and replenishing the shop floor. I gained many skills in customer service, I have also found working in retail has boosted my confidence and I now feel as though I am able to communicate with all people I meet no matter how difficult they or the situation may be.
I worked in a team of around 15 girls, we all got on extremely well and became good friends, I couldn't say a bad word about them. I found management were slightly different, I had two managers who were particularly difficult. They were quite unfair in the way they treated certain members of staff, I was not the only member to pick up on this. For example; if they were friends with someone they'd offer them more working hours but if they decided they didn't like you they would give you as little hours as possible and quite unreasonable ones too.
I wasn't too keen on the selling techniques of the company, they were happy to put pressure on customers to buy their products and if a member of staff wasn't pushy enough a manager would 'have a word' with them. They mangers would say these words "make sure you're jumping on customers and keep going back to them, we want every customer to have bought something". Not many people really want to pay £45 for an underwear set, so it was unrealistic to expect more than 20% of customers to actually buy something.
I did enjoy working for La Senza because of the lovely team I was part of but I think bad management, unrealistic sales targets and overpriced pants are the reason they had to close down. – less
Awesome brand, learning organization
Merchandise Planning & Allocation (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2014
The product and brand is great, however, the organization itself is still in a learning phase.
Loved the brand but a very poor company structure.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, LONDON.October 5, 2014
Pros: a good discount.
Cons: long hours worked with little appreciation.
This was an amazing brand to work for which I was extremely passionate about but unfortunately due to company problems they went into administrant this year. I felt that 6 months prior to this happening certain cuts and changes were put into practice which had a big impact through all working levels. New lessons were learnt from this and along with – more... my team we performed well. There is always a great atmosphere every day when you have a great team that wants to do well and thats when customer service is at its best and the results follow. – less
Very busy and demanding workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dartford, ENGSeptember 24, 2014
Cons: long hours
My daily work pattern would consist of me starting at 7 so I had 3 hours to replenish the shop floor (also steam iron pjs etc)
and taking in the delivery, unpacking and hanging the bars/knickers and pjs. this all had be scanned through. as the day continued whatever was sold I had to quickly replenish so the customers always had what they were looking – more... for.
I loved my team and we all worked very well together especially under pressure during busy periods but some days we had a fun, enthusiastic work place which is always nice for the customers to see and make them feel welcome and at ease.
The hardest part of the job is during busy periods like christamas it is a very demanding time and you have to be on the ball during the whole shift especially with awkward customers.
I loved my time at La senza because when I had my first child they gave me the hours and days I needed to work around my son which was perfect! – less
productive & a very enjoyable work.
STORE IN-CHARGE (Former Employee), mushrif mall abu dhabi U.A.ESeptember 1, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: 8hrs
revieiwing my work in lasenza all i can say is i learn a lot in terms of selling product,in dealing in any kind of customer and team management in terms of training,coaching and discipline if necessary.
Good Place to work
Team Manager (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTAugust 25, 2014
Good place to work, nice staff, great products.
Job security not so great been through administration twice.
Everyday is different and you meet some great people.
Fun and friendly place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), GlasgowAugust 22, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: unsociable hours
Overall an enjoyable place to work, co workers are friendly and we have lots of laughs while still getting the job done.
Main aim of the job is to sell and since being rebranded that's the whole focus, sales, sales and more sales. Endless promotions on bras that don' t meet the needs of 80 % of our customer base as well as being well out of their price – more... range, therefore sales have dropped so much we have to push people into buying.
The pressure on us to sell and meet each target is high.
Learned a lot working in La Senza including how to adapt to all types of people who come in our store.
The staff discount is the only perk of the job.
We are a tight knit team and the fact that we are in administration AGAIN is just sad. – less
Great company and co-workers with good benefits
Co-op- Launch and Innovation Bras (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2014
Great Environment, Excellent co-workers and time management on all parts, work life was happy and fun while productive, excellent cafeteria food options and chefs, always pushing each other to create a brand/line to be proud of. excellent upper management.
Productive and specific
Sales assistant (Current Employee), Crawley, ENGAugust 3, 2014
On an typical, my manager and I would open the store. We have half and hour before the store is ready to open, and I would be making sure the aesthetics of the store is in its presentable state.

I have learned patience, banking and enhancing the customer experience. Before the start of every day, we would all get a daily guidance coach and targets – more... to reach.

Both management and co-workers are great to work - having a strong team makes job experience even more easier and happy to work in.

The hardest part of the job is when a customer walks in and happens to want to buy a present for 'friend', though the customer does't not have the required information for a specific item or items. Though, I'd try my best and allow the customer to look into other options with wider specifics. – less
Overall, La Senza taught me a lot. My confidence levels increased massively! That's what I will take away with me.
Team Manager (Former Employee), CanterburyAugust 1, 2014
Pros: becoming more confident as a person and meeting some brilliant people
Cons: very unreliable and very unrealistic as a whole company.
A typical day at work during the good times, was always a laugh, but mainly about using our customer service skills and selling our items, everyone had a really motivational attitude!
I've learnt that if you work hard enough, you will get noticed and will achieve from it. I started as a stockroom assistant and worked my way up to management, so it taught – more... me anything is possible.
Management at La Senza was always hit and miss, however, during my time, I have had three different Store Managers. four Team managers, two part time team managers, who I worked alongside. Both team managers and Store managers left, leaving me by myself to run the store. Think it's safe to say, management there were unreliable.
My Co- workers were great fun, never had a problem with any of them. Always got commended on how close we were as a team and how hard we work individually.
Hardest part of the job was being left to run the store on my own and closing the store down due to going into administration. There was only myself and three other girls. Nonetheless, we just about managed to do three days work in one with minimal staffing.
My team, and the people I met, were the most enjoyable part of the job, i've made some best friends working there. Also, being promoted and being given more responsibility was rather enjoyable as well, because it gave me a sense of achievement! – less
fun workplace
currently Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Westfield, ENGJuly 24, 2014
Pros: 1 hour break time
Cons: niot enough discount for us.
I usually do different things in the workplace such as using the tills, fitting room, customer services, stock new items, display the window, cleaning and pricing the item
I learnt how to mulitask .
the mangerment are great, strict but fun at the same time.
my co- workers are all great people and work very hard togetehr to ahive the tasks.
We have to – more... know all the features and benefit of the item, so it does take time to remeber everything. – less
La Senza is a great company to work for but unfortunately has now gone into administration.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGJuly 20, 2014
I have really enjoyed working for La Senza and I am sad to have it gone into administration. The staff and manager were extremely welcoming and friendly from the first day, they were helpful and motivating.

About La Senza

THE FUN & FLIRTY LINGERISTA DESTINATION. Where fashion meets lingerie, La Senza is the destination for the hottest trends – Read more