La Senza Employee Reviews

fun place to work, chance to be creative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 October 2015
I was a cashier and merchandiser for La Senza. Although I enjoyed being a cashier and being up front with the costumers my favorite part was merchandising. I loved setting up displays for the different sales and seasons. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young kids at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I got to work with and the creativity I got to use.
Optimistic and Fun!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 September 2015
Great environment to work in. Upbeat, fun and energetic!! Team is very supportive. I enjoy coaching and developing on a daily basis through out my scheduled shift. Absolutely love meeting and exceeding company expectations with business results and team leadership.
Great people, fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2015
Loved working at La Senza, getting to know so many new people and seeing all the new product when it comes in, as well as learning about the product.
Pros
discount
Cons
can get boring
Teamwork oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 August 2015
Help customers feel comfortable in intimate environment, create visual displays, very personal and customer service oriented.
productive and fun workplace
elevated associate (Former Employee) –  oakville ontario31 July 2015
• Replenish merchandise and update visual displays
• Measure/size customers
• Inform customers of promotions, sales and bra launches
• Assists in maintenance of the store and backroom
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
limited variety of products
Harsh judgement and bullying from other employers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 July 2015
Many times girls would ignore me because I was different, or because I got onto the tasks so fast and quickly that I was a threat. Managers would allow co-workers to take the fault of their actions. People would always take behind each others backs. It was like high school all over again.
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 July 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons
High sales expectations
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee) –  winnipeg Mb11 July 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 May 2015
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Pros
Discount merchandise
Cons
Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.
Sales Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 May 2015
Engage customers in order to provide to them what they need in terms of product and quality services.
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time efficient manner
• Maintain work area in terms of cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton6 May 2015
My manager was very laid back we always were able to snack in the back and had more then enough time for breaks.
When your on the floor you must meet your target for the day so you are able to contribute to the rest of the team. Awesome job, just not enough hours!
Pros
Bra Promotions
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2015
I absolutely loved working at this location. The staff was like a team and it was an enjoyable environment. The management was well organized and the store was always well maintained.
Upbeat fun atmosphere
Co- Manager (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontario24 March 2015
Focusing on sales and daily operations all hours of the day, motivating staff to sell and make daily targets. Encourage staff to fell confident in all their bra sales. Hardest part of the job was inventory management. Best part of the job was helping people feel great in anything.
Pros
Great interaction
Great Co-Workers
KH Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 March 2015
Fun place to work with people who also like to work hard but there does not seem to be any appreciation from the company for people lower than management. I was offered promotions and raises and it fell through.
Fun but has its not so fun characteristics
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 March 2015
Fun place to work, much to learn. Involves a lot of one on one with the customer. Must be non-judgemental as the experience with customers is usually quite intimate. Typical day includes, defining sales goals and making a plan as to how you will meet them; interacting with customers using La Senzas sales model to help create a connection, define needs, and build sales; tending cash, merchandising the sales floor, stock, and customer interaction is done all at once so you must be an organized person with ability to really multi-task and prioritize.
I learned a lot about "selling culture" and all there is to know about bras .. I became a Certified Bra Expert. They teach you a ton about loss prevention; what to do if you think someone is stealing and how to prevent opportunities for theft to occur.
Although management has their own sales goals to meet they are there to help motivate and make things more interesting by holding contests and such (who ever makes their goal in the next two hours gets something from Starbucks, for example). That being said, there can be times when you feel under-appreciated by the management team as they and other sales associates have higher sales targets and they may imply that HO is truly more concerned about them meeting their goals then they are about you meeting yours ...
Everyone that I have worked with has been fun, energetic and polite; we like to leave drama at the door step. However, when it comes down to it, everyone is trying to meet their sales target and sometimes it can be a dicey work environment (ex, stealing sales).
Hardest part
  more... of the job is dealing with those incidents related to whose sales are whose and finding a balance with your co-workers.
Most enjoyable part is when customers brag about you or thank you or go to the manager and say "I don't know what I would have done without her help today". You really get a sense that you have made a difference in someone's life no matter how small it might seem.
Pros
Free food at team meetings, Friendly contests individual to location with prizes, Gratis' and special offers, Special coupons, Management gets bonuses and get to travel, Employee discount for all, get to learn EVERYTHING about bras, your selling skills will definitely be developed
Cons
short shifts sometimes (3.5 hrs), lower wage for reg sales associate, Must try to make sales goals, only 'some' sales associates make commission, Sometimes feel under valued by management, little to no chance of getting a significant raise if your a reg sales associate, Watch out for 'Sharks' on the sales floor
not sure of their direction
STORE MANAGER -TEMP (Former Employee) –  toronto26 January 2015
I worked at La Senza when It wasn't a part of LB needless to say I liked it a lot better before La Senza is unsure of its direction at this point and is not invested in making it an enjoyable and fair place of employment
unpacking box and doing hanger clothes
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2015
- I learned lot and
- I always do end up work.
- I always learn fast
- my duty mail clerk
fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 January 2015
helpful staff, friendly people, always felt welcomed, flexible hours, met new people everyday, career advisors and dean are awesome
Not as I expected
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario6 January 2015
When working in an environment that is very unorganized management wise, it tends to effect their employees. The hardest part about my job was not being properly prepared, and taught about our products. This challenged me in many situations where I asked other employees for guidance, since management did not help. The most enjoyable part was interacting with guests, and achieving my own goals met to teach myself about our products, so that I'd be able to help guests.
Pros
30% off products
Cons
Unreliable management
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario4 January 2015
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
Pros
Opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons
Limited amount of hours for power sellers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Senza. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval