La Senza Employee Reviews

Busy sales environment involving excellent customer service and selling skills
Sales and Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 April 2014
A typical day at work involves me being placed at the front of the store, greeting customers and establishing their needs. It is my duty to tell each customer about the deals we have going on in the store and trying to get them set up with as many of these promotional items as possible. I then communicate through headset with my other co-workers and let them know what's going on with each customer as they each proceed through the store.
I learned how to maximize selling, getting to as many customers as possible, ensuring that everyone is greeted, taken care of and has received the best customer service possible. I also learned product knowledge, and how to deal with customer objections.
Management could be improved upon. The manager is not easily approachable and makes one feel like they are being judged in a negative way. There is also very little encouragement or positive feed back given by the store manager.
I have no complaints about my co-workers, all of them are easy to work with and they make the job fun.
The hardest part of the job is on slower days or days when people are not in the buying mood because management can come down a little hard on the employees.
The most enjoyable part is working as a team with my co-workers and having customers leave the store feeling happy and confident.
Pros
Staff discount, team environment
Cons
Working very late - closing till 10pm and arranging floor sets sometimes until 4-5AM
Great Company to work for, very fast paced and friendly
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2016
Mainly in the backroom processing stock and pushing it on to the sales floor. It's great for having the ability to plan how each day is going to go for me.
Great job in 2014
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2016
I know the company has changed a lot since I worked there. There wasn't personal sales tracking. When I worked there we all had a great time in an amazing environment.
Productive and fun atmosphere to work in
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 May 2013
Hardest part of the job is the hours, working until 11pm or even midnight at times does make it hard to have a life balance.
Most enjoyable part is the customer service, finding out what she needs making her day better and easier in even the smallest ways.

Our management team communicates well and does their best to make it "Fun".
Pros
Locations
Cons
Working mostly weekends
Fun job with an exciting work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 October 2014
The culture of the La Senza company makes the job a pleasure to do. They breed excitement into the employees about new products and services that way they can transfer that excitement to the customers. Lots of incentives to make and exceed sales goals, but the hourly rate as opposed to commission sales makes for a friendly, non-competitive work environment.
Sales Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 May 2015
Engage customers in order to provide to them what they need in terms of product and quality services.
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time efficient manner
• Maintain work area in terms of cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
Very positive experience.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC28 August 2014
Multi-faceted day, constantly evolving position. Camaraderie and encouragement essential part of each day, both from colleagues and management. Dynamic job, requiring a balancing act between priorities. I loved it, and would likely still be there had the company not been acquired by an American interest, which unfortunately did away with most of the locally held employment.
elevated associate (Former Employee) –  oakville ontario31 July 2015
• Replenish merchandise and update visual displays
• Measure/size customers
• Inform customers of promotions, sales and bra launches
• Assists in maintenance of the store and backroom
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
limited variety of products
Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton6 May 2015
My manager was very laid back we always were able to snack in the back and had more then enough time for breaks.
When your on the floor you must meet your target for the day so you are able to contribute to the rest of the team. Awesome job, just not enough hours!
Pros
Bra Promotions
Worst Job Ever
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  calgary, ab6 March 2013
The management was racist. They didn't know how to properly train and coach their associates. Instead of teaching me how to do something they would just be on your case telling you to do it right. Like, how am I supposed to know what the right way is when you didn't teach how me to do this entire process in the first place?
Pros
decent pay
Cons
racist management, no proper training
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  brantford, on18 November 2012
everyday is something new and exciting, i always look forward to the next time i work.

i learned a lot by the girls i work with, socially and mentally.. were a strong team and im happy to be apart of it.

my co-workers are amazing workers, they always have your best interest at heart and are always there when youre struggling.

the hardest part of my job is working with difficult customers who dont accept the fact they went up a cup size or down, but in the end i let them try what they want and they realize their bodies do change.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the different people i get to meet everyday, its exciting and i always love helping people find the things they're looking for.
Pros
discount!
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work, chance to be creative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 October 2015
I was a cashier and merchandiser for La Senza. Although I enjoyed being a cashier and being up front with the costumers my favorite part was merchandising. I loved setting up displays for the different sales and seasons. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young kids at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I got to work with and the creativity I got to use.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2015
I absolutely loved working at this location. The staff was like a team and it was an enjoyable environment. The management was well organized and the store was always well maintained.
The worst.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 October 2015
There are SO many things wrong with this company..
Usually when you start a new job its the catty girl co workers who make your life a living nightmare. Not at La Senza (Yorkdale Location) The management team are who ruin everything for you. They lie about company policies like you are not allowed to associate with other associates outside of work. Or, not being allowed to have personal information like emails or phone numbers. All bull. Make sure you read all policies before working.
When i started working there (5 months ago) i met about 12 girls. When i left (A week ago) there was only ONE of the 12 who remained because the rest had quit.
The managers make it so hard to be happy at work. If its not one, its the other. And the communication between them is terrible. For example: If i had to book a day off id speak to Manager 1, she would approve, and when the day came Manager 2 would call me to yell about why i didnt show up for work.
They lie about hours. During your interview they will tell you that you will get MINIMUM 20 hours a week - false. Most part timers were doing about 14-17 hours a week.They continue to hire people but the ones who already have the job dont get any hours! Its so infuriating. (I would continuously ask for more hours, but it was always no.) And on top of that they never pay what you work for. Make sure you count your hours down to the minute! I had to call pay roll and head office every two weeks because my pay was always atleast $100 short.
There so many more things wrong with that specific location but i think ive written enough. Dont get
  more... me wrong, its fun sometimes, the discounts great, most of the girls are super friendly but i wouldnt recommend working there.  less
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Everything else.
A regular day at La Senza
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 January 2013
A typical day at La Senza consisted of greeting customers, working on the cash till, replenishing products, promoting new products to customers and cleaning the fitting rooms. The management and coworkers were very nice, everyone split the work equally so noone had to work under tons of pressure
Fun and supportive workplace
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 March 2014
I did a lot of learning and growing here. There's a lot of opportunity for growth, and my experience with management was excellent!
Sales
Sales & Cashier Part time (Former Employee) –  Vaughan Ontario5 November 2013
'Loved working at the location
'Management was fantastic
'Coworkers were amazing
'loved help all the women that came in was my favorite part of the whole job. i enjoyed helping women find the right sizes and seeing a smile when they felt comfort.
enjoyed working here
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2012
got along with staff and management. hardest part of job was an all female environment with too much gossip, most enjoyable part of job was working at my own pace and taining staff.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON18 October 2012
i learned how to give an exceptional customer service , to identify the customer needs and see them leaving with a satisfied face.
managers and district managers were always encouraging us to do our best, and reach the store goal and more.
co- workers were great. very friendly environment
the hardest part of the job was be sure that at least 3 people out of 10 purchase something in the store, most of the time because the store its inside of a mall, many teenagers and families just doing window shopping so, its was a little bit hard . the most enjoyable part of the job is to see the happy face of the customer leaving the store with their purchase.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
short lunch time
Team work is the best and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON21 January 2013
The day to day is definitely challenging in some days. Working with your team is easier that working with your manager that does"nt really appreciate you is stressful.
Pros
not too much appeiciation
Cons
no hours and management