La Senza Employee Reviews in Canada

Busy sales environment involving excellent customer service and selling skills
Sales and Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 11, 2014
A typical day at work involves me being placed at the front of the store, greeting customers and establishing their needs. It is my duty to tell each customer about the deals we have going on in the store and trying to get them set up with as many of these promotional items as possible. I then communicate through headset with my other co-workers and let them know what's going on with each customer as they each proceed through the store.
I learned how to maximize selling, getting to as many customers as possible, ensuring that everyone is greeted, taken care of and has received the best customer service possible. I also learned product knowledge, and how to deal with customer objections.
Management could be improved upon. The manager is not easily approachable and makes one feel like they are being judged in a negative way. There is also very little encouragement or positive feed back given by the store manager.
I have no complaints about my co-workers, all of them are easy to work with and they make the job fun.
The hardest part of the job is on slower days or days when people are not in the buying mood because management can come down a little hard on the employees.
The most enjoyable part is working as a team with my co-workers and having customers leave the store feeling happy and confident.
Pros
staff discount, team environment
Cons
working very late - closing till 10pm and arranging floor sets sometimes until 4-5am
Excellent workplace, fun environment and great staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurrayAugust 15, 2014
I enjoy this job, it has a great environment to work and I have had an amazing experience working there. My co workers are the most supportive group of girls and they make the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job would have to be when it gets extremely busy you must be able to work fast and efficiently. I learned this skill and can work very fast with customers as well as the other associates and make sure I can manage them with a positive attitude as well.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day working at La Senza was busy, as it was during the christmas rush, but usually enjoyable. I learned all the different types of bras and underwear there are, as well as how to correctly measure a womans bust size. The co workers were typically young, high school students, and usually quite hard working. The hardest part of the day would be when someone came to return an item that we could not return, such as any type of undergarments.
Pros
discount
Productive and fun work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 18, 2014
Amazing work environment with a lot of availability for advancement.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
co-op position
not sure of their direction
STORE MANAGER -TEMP (Former Employee) –  torontoJanuary 26, 2015
I worked at La Senza when It wasn't a part of LB needless to say I liked it a lot better before La Senza is unsure of its direction at this point and is not invested in making it an enjoyable and fair place of employment
Worst Job Ever
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  calgary, abMarch 6, 2013
The management was racist. They didn't know how to properly train and coach their associates. Instead of teaching me how to do something they would just be on your case telling you to do it right. Like, how am I supposed to know what the right way is when you didn't teach how me to do this entire process in the first place?
Pros
decent pay
Cons
racist management, no proper training
La Senza
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2014
- I learnt how to manage customer services for examples, how to interact with people, how to make good sales and to help them with anything they need.
- I am a very friendly, confident person, outgoing and very committed to my work
- My co-workers were very friendly people and we got along just fine.
- The hardest part of the job was some customers who were disrespectful and had to involve the manager.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was we all got along ,worked as a team and had each others back.
I loved my Job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 14, 2014
Best job by far, great discounts and fun environment to work in
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours on feet
Great place to work at, interactive with many people within an hour giving our best service.
Cashier & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview mallApril 19, 2014
A typical day would to be cashing cutomers out and helping then on floor. My managers and co-workers were great, it was always done as team work. Communication was the key to everything. The hardest part of this job was inventory when staying in store really late going through every item, although every other say was enjoyable dealing with customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours per week
What I've Learned
Seasonal help (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work includes managing a lot of different people and obstacles I would normally have to face on a day to day as well as responsibilities tending to the store. I deal very well with other people, so co workers and myself get along very well which is important in communicating. The hardest part of any job is how you deal well with others but also can be the most enjoyable part as well.
Pros
meeting new people and gaining experience and knowledge of retail.
Cons
wish i had more assigned hours.
A regular day at La Senza
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJanuary 14, 2013
A typical day at La Senza consisted of greeting customers, working on the cash till, replenishing products, promoting new products to customers and cleaning the fitting rooms. The management and coworkers were very nice, everyone split the work equally so noone had to work under tons of pressure
Fun workplace, many chances to advance in the company!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AbAugust 5, 2014
As part of management I learned to supervise a group of people rather than just a couple other associates. I gave me experience in health and safety, as well as overall customer service.
Excellent company to work for
General Manager of 2 stores (Former Employee) –  Ajax,on/Oshawa,OnAugust 27, 2013
typical day
checking dashboard from the previous day to react to business
checking that merchandise has been loaded to the sales floor
doing visual walk through to ensure that store is A plus to open doors
plan CSL worksheet to place people in their zones for the day
checking emails that come in to react to any changes in visual or price changes.
Putting customers number one!
Pros
excellent product! staff discount.
Great place to meet new people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  OttawaJune 2, 2013
Working at la Senza I have been able to build many friendships and have learned so much about the retail world. We were always learning new ways of engaging with our customers and learning new practices. The hardest part of the job is probably haveing to work long nights. A majority of my shifts were 12-10.30 with only a half hour break around 3.30.
Pros
meeting so many new people
Cons
long late night shifts
Team work is the best and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONJanuary 21, 2013
The day to day is definitely challenging in some days. Working with your team is easier that working with your manager that does"nt really appreciate you is stressful.
Pros
not too much appeiciation
Cons
no hours and management
Sales
Sales & Cashier Part time (Former Employee) –  Vaughan OntarioNovember 5, 2013
'Loved working at the location
'Management was fantastic
'Coworkers were amazing
'loved help all the women that came in was my favorite part of the whole job. i enjoyed helping women find the right sizes and seeing a smile when they felt comfort.
Productive and great communication
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 30, 2014
Helping our customers finds what is right for them. I've learn how to communicate well with customers in a hurry, work in a fast environment and multitask. Management is organized and understanding.
good company
ordinator (Former Employee) –  montrealSeptember 19, 2014
good place for a junior but liitle possibility of advancement
Fun and supportive workplace
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 11, 2014
I did a lot of learning and growing here. There's a lot of opportunity for growth, and my experience with management was excellent!
unpacking box and doing hanger clothes
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
- I learned lot and
- I always do end up work.
- I always learn fast