La Senza

La Senza Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall, La Senza taught me a lot. My confidence levels increased massively! That's what I will take away with me.
Team Manager (Former Employee), CanterburyAugust 1, 2014
Pros: becoming more confident as a person and meeting some brilliant people
Cons: very unreliable and very unrealistic as a whole company.
A typical day at work during the good times, was always a laugh, but mainly about using our customer service skills and selling our items, everyone had a really motivational attitude!
I've learnt that if you work hard enough, you will get noticed and will achieve from it. I started as a stockroom assistant and worked my way up to management, so it taught – more... me anything is possible.
Management at La Senza was always hit and miss, however, during my time, I have had three different Store Managers. four Team managers, two part time team managers, who I worked alongside. Both team managers and Store managers left, leaving me by myself to run the store. Think it's safe to say, management there were unreliable.
My Co- workers were great fun, never had a problem with any of them. Always got commended on how close we were as a team and how hard we work individually.
Hardest part of the job was being left to run the store on my own and closing the store down due to going into administration. There was only myself and three other girls. Nonetheless, we just about managed to do three days work in one with minimal staffing.
My team, and the people I met, were the most enjoyable part of the job, i've made some best friends working there. Also, being promoted and being given more responsibility was rather enjoyable as well, because it gave me a sense of achievement! – less
fun workplace
currently Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Westfield, ENGJuly 24, 2014
Pros: 1 hour break time
Cons: niot enough discount for us.
I usually do different things in the workplace such as using the tills, fitting room, customer services, stock new items, display the window, cleaning and pricing the item
I learnt how to mulitask .
the mangerment are great, strict but fun at the same time.
my co- workers are all great people and work very hard togetehr to ahive the tasks.
We have to – more... know all the features and benefit of the item, so it does take time to remeber everything. – less
La Senza is a great company to work for but unfortunately has now gone into administration.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGJuly 20, 2014
I have really enjoyed working for La Senza and I am sad to have it gone into administration. The staff and manager were extremely welcoming and friendly from the first day, they were helpful and motivating.
fantastic place to work, team work is great, one on one customer service was fantastic
Assistant Manager / Team Leader (Former Employee), lincolnJuly 15, 2014
Pros: pension plan and training days
my typical day at work involved opening and cosing the store, responding to any emails/collations required for that day or week.
briefing my team on the days targets that we needed to achieve.
Having that one on one relationship with customer whilst fitting them and making them feel valued.
i learned alot in my job role at la senza setting personal – more... targets, ho to deal with unhappy customers and making them leave with a smile, happy and satisfied. As i was in the management team i felt it was fantastic as there was lots of support and training days within the company if you ever wanted to go further. my co workers were fantastic to work with we all supported eachother and worked together as a team to get the job done.
the hardest part of my job was when the company went into administration 2 years ago and getting taken over by a new company as everything was all new, but i took it all on board and accepted it as a new challenge to tackle.

i have to say the enjoyable part of my job was working with a great team, having the regular customers and always giving them what the wanted, and always having something new to learn – less
fun
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), trafford centerJuly 14, 2014
learnt how to measure bra size it was fun place to work very friendly members of staff
ok
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), romfordJuly 1, 2014
It was alright working here, although it was very clicking so if you didn't act the part then you didn't get on very well.
its nice to work with liwa trading
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dubai, Dubai mallJune 29, 2014
Pros: free cofee
Cons: 8 hours working
its nice to work with liwa trading. I have alot's of good experience in my job as sales assistant specially in Nautica. I meet different kind of people different kind of customers and I learned a lot like customer service,mechandising as per brand required,handling the cash,monitors the product and good relationship with my colleagues and customers
Great team effort
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Middlesbrough, ENGJune 24, 2014
Pros: vm and window displays
Cons: taking hours
I have been employed by lasenza for the past three years. In my role as a sales adviser I have to ensure that all customers are served to the high standards expected by the company. My other duties and skills learnt are as follows
.Assisting with daily cashing up.
.Planning and prioritizing daily tasks for staff.
.Gathering hourly information such as – more... sales figures and briefing the sales team with them.
. Visual point of sales signage.
.Stock Management. Processing deliveries and receiving deliveries.
. Cash handling. Taking cash and card payments, taking cash and card refunds. – less
Management team rude and arrogant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 22, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: everything else
Poor management, managers at la senza tend to be obnoxious and 'know it alls'. Recruitment event at White City extremly uncomfortable, managers rude & unwelcoming. You would think they knew what good customer service was but evidently not especially at a recruitment event. If i was a mystery shopper they would have definetly failed on customer service. – more... Completely wasted my time attending.
Dont bother with this company – less
Workplace
Sales Assistant/Professional Bra Fitter (Former Employee), LiverpoolJune 21, 2014
A typical day would be going to my section, meeting standards and meeting and greeting customers, helping customers with my knowledge of certain products if needed. Cash handling and bra fitting would be a regular part of the shift by assisting customers to the fitting rooms and advising them on which product is most suited for them. I learned how to – more... approach customers in a friendly and professional manner and improved massively with communication skills. The management were always very fair and always very professional. I felt with having a good relationship with the management made the workplace a more enjoyable environment. I found working as a team was a better way of working faster and makes the workplace more fun which motivates co-workers like in my workplace, also building a great relationship with all co-workers was creating a better environment for customers as well. The hardest part was at the busiest times of year when there were big deliveries, lifting boxes. Most enjoyable part was satisfying customers' needs and knowing they received great service and were happy with their purchase. – less
Fun workplace
Senior Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Old Broad street, Liverpool streetJune 16, 2014
Pros: 30% discount
Cons: working extra hours in summer
Everyday in Lasenza is different, as a professional bra fitter, i learnt how to meet my customers needs and give them a full satisfaction. Working as a team was fun, thanks to my Co-workers and team work.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting Customers and seeing them leave with a smile and full satisfaction
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee), Canterbury, ENGMay 5, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: long hours
I have a very supportive team that work together well and so the days run smoothly.
Fun, challenging and rewarding
Sales advisor (Current Employee), ENGApril 8, 2014
Pros: job can be rewarding, positive feedback off customers.
Cons: rota keeps changing every few days, bonus schemes
A typical day at work for me is to receive a team brief in the morning so i know my daily targets, followed on by tasking in the morning depending on the day weekends we just concentrate purely on sales. I have a good team to work with some more experienced than other which is good because we all help each other out and pass new information and skills – more... that we have learned to each other. The hardest part of my job is hitting a high target set on a quite day and to try keep our conversion above 20%. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a customer in a one on one fitting service find their perfect bra especially if you can get to know them a bit so they feel more confident and relaxed around you. – less
Fun and busy!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Victoria, ENGApril 1, 2014
Enjoyed working for La Senza although it was for such a short period of time. It was through the christmas period so it was very busy and also fun as we got to wear some of the funky pyjamas act to promote through the xmas sales!
Exceptional Environment
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working at La Senza! The environment and people make each workday a joy!
good company to work for.
Sales Assistant/ Stockroom Manager (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGMarch 2, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work in a relaxed environment, discounted products.
Cons: not very secure positions.
nice relaxed environment, discount on good products. once taught easy to understand the workplace.
productive and fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: working alongside area managers and teams who inspire you to be the best you can be each day
Cons: long hours (45+ hours per week not including travel
For a manager in this company it is not faint hearted, but if you have a strong work ethic, a passion for working in a team environment and who has the ability to work in a high energy, fast passed working business, than it is incredibly rewarding both for your personal and professional future. You have the opportunity to work within store environments – more... and liaise directly with members of the head office team across all departments. – less
Productive,manageable eventhough there's load of work everyday
ASSISSTANT STORE IN-CHARGE (Current Employee), Mifdiff City Center,DubaiNovember 27, 2013
We work as a team and help each other in the most possible ways we know that would maintain our company's standards and end with great results.
Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGOctober 31, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: boring at times
This job was hard work at times; but also interesting as your front of house so you get to meet new people.
Some parts of the job was extremely boring
My co -workers where very supportive and some became good friends.
productive working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Southend On sea,EssexSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: 10% discount approx in the store
Cons: changing hours without consulting me
Experience of customer service, cashier, sales.
Felt welcome to start off with and gained further training and other experiences.
After amount of time I was working I started to feel uncomfortable with the manager and other workers as I was descriminated over my learning disability-taking the micky out of my speech and the way I was working and learning – more... the ropes (dyslexia attendancy). After a numerous occassions of reporting this to head office, it was clearly that nothing was dealt with the matter and I clearly felt that I was physically and emotinally upset with the descrimination and again was not dealt with in the working environment.

After this was reported nobody came to apologies to me and after a short while whilst working with la senza I had an injury to my right foot outside the building and sprained my ankle whilst working on shop floor. After reporting this injury to my manager at the time I was then advise to seek medical advise vis my gp. Therefore I was told to report to a&e by my gp and had been given x ray and had fractured my side of my foot. I then physically struggled to walk into the store and physically give the manager my medical certificate.

Still suffering from my injury after 2 months when the injury happened, head office wanted me to return but I was not advised to under hospital consultant and have been sending continuous medical certificates to head office stating with a note regarding my latest hospital appointments. After a phone call a few days after I recieved a p45 in the post without any explaination of my employment terminated, after passing 3 months probation trail.

The one thing that I enjoyed doing at la senza was helping customers on which items they were enquiring and wanting to purchase in the store.
The hardest part of my job was taking out the cash from the till and adding the total amount of takings as I was not been recieved full training to do and delievering up to the payroll department to send them the amount of takings recieved the same day.

I have learnt different types of experience whilst working at la senza for example learning how to do bust measurements for female customers and stock rotation. – less

About La Senza

THE FUN & FLIRTY LINGERISTA DESTINATION. Where fashion meets lingerie, La Senza is the destination for the hottest trends – Read more