La Senza

Fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee), Canterbury, ENGMay 5, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: long hours
I have a very supportive team that work together well and so the days run smoothly.
Fun, challenging and rewarding
Sales advisor (Current Employee), ENGApril 8, 2014
Pros: job can be rewarding, positive feedback off customers.
Cons: rota keeps changing every few days, bonus schemes
A typical day at work for me is to receive a team brief in the morning so i know my daily targets, followed on by tasking in the morning depending on the day weekends we just concentrate purely on sales. I have a good team to work with some more experienced than other which is good because we all help each other out and pass new information and skills – more... that we have learned to each other. The hardest part of my job is hitting a high target set on a quite day and to try keep our conversion above 20%. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a customer in a one on one fitting service find their perfect bra especially if you can get to know them a bit so they feel more confident and relaxed around you. – less
Fun and busy!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Victoria, ENGApril 1, 2014
Enjoyed working for La Senza although it was for such a short period of time. It was through the christmas period so it was very busy and also fun as we got to wear some of the funky pyjamas act to promote through the xmas sales!
Exceptional Environment
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working at La Senza! The environment and people make each workday a joy!
good company to work for.
Sales Assistant/ Stockroom Manager (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGMarch 2, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work in a relaxed environment, discounted products.
Cons: not very secure positions.
nice relaxed environment, discount on good products. once taught easy to understand the workplace.
productive and fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: working alongside area managers and teams who inspire you to be the best you can be each day
Cons: long hours (45+ hours per week not including travel
For a manager in this company it is not faint hearted, but if you have a strong work ethic, a passion for working in a team environment and who has the ability to work in a high energy, fast passed working business, than it is incredibly rewarding both for your personal and professional future. You have the opportunity to work within store environments – more... and liaise directly with members of the head office team across all departments. – less
Productive,manageable eventhough there's load of work everyday
ASSISSTANT STORE IN-CHARGE (Current Employee), Mifdiff City Center,DubaiNovember 27, 2013
We work as a team and help each other in the most possible ways we know that would maintain our company's standards and end with great results.
Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGOctober 31, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: boring at times
This job was hard work at times; but also interesting as your front of house so you get to meet new people.
Some parts of the job was extremely boring
My co -workers where very supportive and some became good friends.
productive working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Southend On sea,EssexSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: 10% discount approx in the store
Cons: changing hours without consulting me
Experience of customer service, cashier, sales.
Felt welcome to start off with and gained further training and other experiences.
After amount of time I was working I started to feel uncomfortable with the manager and other workers as I was descriminated over my learning disability-taking the micky out of my speech and the way I was working and learning – more... the ropes (dyslexia attendancy). After a numerous occassions of reporting this to head office, it was clearly that nothing was dealt with the matter and I clearly felt that I was physically and emotinally upset with the descrimination and again was not dealt with in the working environment.

After this was reported nobody came to apologies to me and after a short while whilst working with la senza I had an injury to my right foot outside the building and sprained my ankle whilst working on shop floor. After reporting this injury to my manager at the time I was then advise to seek medical advise vis my gp. Therefore I was told to report to a&e by my gp and had been given x ray and had fractured my side of my foot. I then physically struggled to walk into the store and physically give the manager my medical certificate.

Still suffering from my injury after 2 months when the injury happened, head office wanted me to return but I was not advised to under hospital consultant and have been sending continuous medical certificates to head office stating with a note regarding my latest hospital appointments. After a phone call a few days after I recieved a p45 in the post without any explaination of my employment terminated, after passing 3 months probation trail.

The one thing that I enjoyed doing at la senza was helping customers on which items they were enquiring and wanting to purchase in the store.
The hardest part of my job was taking out the cash from the till and adding the total amount of takings as I was not been recieved full training to do and delievering up to the payroll department to send them the amount of takings recieved the same day.

I have learnt different types of experience whilst working at la senza for example learning how to do bust measurements for female customers and stock rotation. – less
amazing job
retail assistant (Former Employee), Poole, ENGAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good money, lovely people
Cons: closed down! :(
i loved working at la senza such lovely people good money, fun job meet so many different people every day!
productive and fun to work in .
Branch manager / Sales assistant (Former Employee), dublinAugust 13, 2013
Everyday was different . a floor walk was done and depending on sales and targets we might have to move stock around , promotions and window displays , there was a constant flow of customer service all the girls worked as a team . the most enjoyable part was meeting and greeting new people and helping the regular customers we got in store .
Great Experience with Sales and People Management
Sales Assistant - Xmas Temp (Former Employee), BristolJuly 8, 2013
Pros: safe, enjoyable, educational, vocational, social
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with new people on a daily basis, this made me learn people management skills and helped me too enjoy my work. Good Customer feed back always made me happy to help. I also learnt the vital skill of sales and being able to lure a customer to buy merchandise. The Management was always Helpful and Professional – more... However Because this was only a Christmas Temp the hours were long which was hard to handle on some days because it was running up to Christmas which is a busy time of year. Overall the working Environment was safe and enjoyable – less
productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), St. Stephens, ENGJuly 8, 2013
My typical working day started off with a team brief conducted by the manager in charge, we worked on hourly targets. the best part of my job was the interaction with customers, and the self satisfaction that I have pro actively help our customers who continuously came back to shop in our store.
an okay palce to work
Sales assistant/team leader (Current Employee), Stratford-upon-Avon, ENGJune 28, 2013
Pros: meeting new people every second
see roles on cv
very target driven
hardworking
mamnagment is not that great
co workers are amazing
Looked forward to each day, challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Harrow, ENGJune 20, 2013
I'd start at 8:45, make sure the store is fully stocked, hoovered and tidied up, receive daily tasks set by my manager and followed them through, for example, greet customers and offer assistance, keep the store tidy throughout the day (putting back products customers left or re-stocking).
Productive/Professional workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Westfield, ENGJune 12, 2013
Pros: staff discount
Cons: late finishes during weekends and peak periods
Shifts at La Senza varied from early to late shifts across the weekend. My duties included serving and helping customers, replenishing the shop floor, stockroom duties, fitting room duties, bra fitting and general customer service tasks. From my position at La Senza I learnt how to provide excellent customer service, how to use my initiative in busy – more... periods, team work skills and also how to work individually on tasks.

Shop management provided support to staff throughout shifts and were easy to approach regarding any shift or personal issues. I enjoyed every part of working as a team. I feel I am confident to combat tasks alone but also felt like all other colleagues helped in the smooth running of the shop floor. The hardest part of my La Senza job was trying to keep the shop floor tidy and organised during sale periods. It was also a challenge trying to stay on top of bra fitting targets. I enjoyed being face to face with the public and providing customer service to anyone who walked into the shop. I also enjoyed every challenge that each shift brought me. – less
New owners have cut hours back so far that everyone is now looking for other work. The rota is always being changed at last minute.
sales assistant (Current Employee), BasingstokeMay 3, 2013
Pros: 30% on full price stock
Cons: rotas changing at the drop of a hat.
Its a fairly quiet shop, but that maybe due to the location upstairs. Since we were bought out of administration, things havent gone smoothly. This year the owners have cut some contracts out, so we all had to re-aply for new contracts. Some people were cut from 40 hrs to just 20hrs. Due to this, most of us are now lookin for work elsewhere. The staff – more... are lovely but they are leaving one by one so wont be many of us left soon. I have enjoyed my time there, but the takeover has left us all feeling worthless. – less
Worst Job EVER!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), CarlisleMarch 20, 2013
Pros: full time hours
Cons: pretty much everything!
The job itself was pretty good but the staff...my god! So up themselves it was unreal. Spent every minute of every day looking in the mirror and ignoring customers. Customer Service standards of staff was absolutely shocking! Manager an absolute joke...no clue how to run the store. Extremely catty and malicious staff and generally not a nice place to – more... work at all. Was bullied horrifically by the Manager and the Supervisor who wanted my job...to the point where I couldn't bear going to work every day and I had to leave. If your considering applying for a job here...DON'T!!! – less
Freindly and a little unsure.
Team Manager (Current Employee), EdinburghMarch 14, 2013
Pros: rotational weekends off.
Cons: no benefits and minimum wage. no security in my role.
Having only started with La Senza a few weeks before christmas I only have a short time of experience with them. With the company going in to last year and then being rescued it is now a very challenging place to work. I say challenging due to the fact that I feel my job security to be almost none.
I enjoy working with the company as it is a fun you – more... environment as well as the staff being extremely friendly and helpful. I think that the people I work with are what make my day.
I do enjoy the customer interaction part of my job and being able to make a customer happy and get what they came for.

A normal day for me would be to open and set up the store, get the girls ready for the day ahead and get them briefed on the tasks and expectations of them for that day. Obviously to interact with customers and to push the targets and KPI's. Also during the day I would have to deal with any problems or challenges that would come up, I would keep intouch with othe stores, area management and the HR department too. Then I would close the store by taking off the tills and banking the daily takings, making sure that the store was clean and tidy for the next day of trade and then I would lock up the store.

I think that this role has taught me great delegation and time managemnt skills as well as how to deal with problems and with any staff quires or issues. At the moment I would say that the hardest part of my job is not knowing if it is secure or not, its a scary thought. – less
Lingerie Consultant (Current Employee), Watford, HertsFebruary 21, 2013
If its a day when delivery is received, then it must be checked off and processed first and foremost. When this task is completely finished, and all delivery has been put away, the daily planner must be referred to- this states which zone each member of staff must be responsible for. On many occasions, a floor move must be carried out also.

About La Senza

La Senza Corporation is a Canadian fashion retailer based in Dorval, Quebec, Canada, which sells lingerie and intimate apparel. – Read more