La Senza Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, most of the employees were great to work with, management wasn't very good.
Part-Time, Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Depending on what time of the day I would start, I would either open the store or close it.
I learned a lot referring to bras, as well as getting bra certified, which mean I could properly mesure customers. I learned more good customer service.
Management was okay in the beginning, but they liked to pick favorites, and not actually promote on how hard we would work.
Co-workers most were very nice, all girl staff did cause some unwanted drama, I tried to always statyed out of it.
Hardest part of this job was having to tell customers we didn't have what they wanted, sometimes they would get mad.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough wage
Decent work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 15, 2012
Got along well with all of the other employees. Benefits were non-existant and pay was average. Liked the work place overall and enjoyed helping customers, job was rewarding.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
not much room for advancement within company.
always a great team to work with
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  waterloo, mississaugaApril 19, 2014
Heavily relied on as a part time retail employee, and think I deserve more pay. Love the team and the girls I work with (at two different locations). My managers all seem to be stressed, but enjoy it over all. Have learned many things about retail and how it is underestimated for the work that a lot of people put into it. Hardest part is sometimes working very long hours and not being appreciated for it, and not being paid over time. Most enjoyable part is the team and the connections you make with customers. Amazing friends made and one of a kind experience with customers in the store. Love the job and company which is why I went back.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2015
I absolutely loved working at this location. The staff was like a team and it was an enjoyable environment. The management was well organized and the store was always well maintained.
Great people, fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2015
Loved working at La Senza, getting to know so many new people and seeing all the new product when it comes in, as well as learning about the product.
Pros
discount
Cons
can get boring
didnt like the return policy on underwear and bras change too much to suit bottom line with no regard for hygiene
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough Town CenterJune 19, 2012
found the company policy and standards where changed to meet the needs of customers on an individual basis..
i enjoyed the challenge of learning new things, great atmosphere to work in,
the hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with all the daily email,s having to answer every one with the computer in the backroom'
visual and my customers were the most enjoyable
Pros
good benefits
Cons
last minute window and visual changes, with alot comin on friday nights, all changes have to be done by next business day
Great atomosphere for young people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON.April 5, 2013
A typical day at work would be greeting customers and helping them find there perfect purchases. I learned a lot about sizing and feeling comfortable with customers. The management wasn't always great, but it was a good experience to work there for the time that I did. My co-works were very easy to work with and were all very friendly. the most enjoyable part of this job was to see the inside and how a retail store worked. I very much enjoy working with customers and helping them find exactly what they need.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours.
Busy sales environment involving excellent customer service and selling skills
Sales and Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 11, 2014
A typical day at work involves me being placed at the front of the store, greeting customers and establishing their needs. It is my duty to tell each customer about the deals we have going on in the store and trying to get them set up with as many of these promotional items as possible. I then communicate through headset with my other co-workers and let them know what's going on with each customer as they each proceed through the store.
I learned how to maximize selling, getting to as many customers as possible, ensuring that everyone is greeted, taken care of and has received the best customer service possible. I also learned product knowledge, and how to deal with customer objections.
Management could be improved upon. The manager is not easily approachable and makes one feel like they are being judged in a negative way. There is also very little encouragement or positive feed back given by the store manager.
I have no complaints about my co-workers, all of them are easy to work with and they make the job fun.
The hardest part of the job is on slower days or days when people are not in the buying mood because management can come down a little hard on the employees.
The most enjoyable part is working as a team with my co-workers and having customers leave the store feeling happy and confident.
Pros
staff discount, team environment
Cons
working very late - closing till 10pm and arranging floor sets sometimes until 4-5am
Productive, fast-paced environment
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2012
A typical day at work involved greeting and serving customers which I thoroughly enjoyed. I also would perform tasks such as cleaning, folding and vacuuming to help the store maintain cleanliness.

I learned how to use a different software which would I would refer to throughout the day to make sure the store was achieving it's target quota. I also learned how to use the cash register system.

My management team and co-workers were friendly and cooperative. Although I was a sales associate, many times management would ask me to help them perform certain tasks and help train new employees as they admired my work ethic.

The hardest part of my job was that I was not able to spend as much time helping each customer as I would have liked. Another disadvantage was the inconsistent work schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting compliments from customers on my help and knowing that I did my job well.
Pros
store discount, getting the necessary work done
Cons
working 7-8 days straight without a day off, getting called in to work on days which were not originally scheduled for me.
Fun job with an exciting work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 5, 2014
The culture of the La Senza company makes the job a pleasure to do. They breed excitement into the employees about new products and services that way they can transfer that excitement to the customers. Lots of incentives to make and exceed sales goals, but the hourly rate as opposed to commission sales makes for a friendly, non-competitive work environment.
Very positive experience.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCAugust 28, 2014
Multi-faceted day, constantly evolving position. Camaraderie and encouragement essential part of each day, both from colleagues and management. Dynamic job, requiring a balancing act between priorities. I loved it, and would likely still be there had the company not been acquired by an American interest, which unfortunately did away with most of the locally held employment.
Teamwork oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 12, 2015
Help customers feel comfortable in intimate environment, create visual displays, very personal and customer service oriented.
Productive and fun atmosphere to work in
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 16, 2013
Hardest part of the job is the hours, working until 11pm or even midnight at times does make it hard to have a life balance.
Most enjoyable part is the customer service, finding out what she needs making her day better and easier in even the smallest ways.

Our management team communicates well and does their best to make it "Fun".
Pros
locations
Cons
working mostly weekends
Worst Job Ever
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  calgary, abMarch 6, 2013
The management was racist. They didn't know how to properly train and coach their associates. Instead of teaching me how to do something they would just be on your case telling you to do it right. Like, how am I supposed to know what the right way is when you didn't teach how me to do this entire process in the first place?
Pros
decent pay
Cons
racist management, no proper training
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  brantford, onNovember 18, 2012
everyday is something new and exciting, i always look forward to the next time i work.

i learned a lot by the girls i work with, socially and mentally.. were a strong team and im happy to be apart of it.

my co-workers are amazing workers, they always have your best interest at heart and are always there when youre struggling.

the hardest part of my job is working with difficult customers who dont accept the fact they went up a cup size or down, but in the end i let them try what they want and they realize their bodies do change.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the different people i get to meet everyday, its exciting and i always love helping people find the things they're looking for.
Pros
discount!
Cons
not enough hours
fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 11, 2015
helpful staff, friendly people, always felt welcomed, flexible hours, met new people everyday, career advisors and dean are awesome
Productive and Fun Work Place
Retail Representative/Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 4, 2014
It's a great work field, excellent benefits and flexible hours.
Pros
discounts at not only la senza but bath and body works, victoria secret and pink
Cons
busy busy on holidays
A regular day at La Senza
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJanuary 14, 2013
A typical day at La Senza consisted of greeting customers, working on the cash till, replenishing products, promoting new products to customers and cleaning the fitting rooms. The management and coworkers were very nice, everyone split the work equally so noone had to work under tons of pressure
Fun and supportive workplace
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 11, 2014
I did a lot of learning and growing here. There's a lot of opportunity for growth, and my experience with management was excellent!
Productive and fun work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 18, 2014
Amazing work environment with a lot of availability for advancement.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
co-op position