La Senza Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work at, interactive with many people within an hour giving our best service.
Cashier & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview mallApril 19, 2014
A typical day would to be cashing cutomers out and helping then on floor. My managers and co-workers were great, it was always done as team work. Communication was the key to everything. The hardest part of this job was inventory when staying in store really late going through every item, although every other say was enjoyable dealing with customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours per week
La Senza
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2014
- I learnt how to manage customer services for examples, how to interact with people, how to make good sales and to help them with anything they need.
- I am a very friendly, confident person, outgoing and very committed to my work
- My co-workers were very friendly people and we got along just fine.
- The hardest part of the job was some customers who were disrespectful and had to involve the manager.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was we all got along ,worked as a team and had each others back.
Was an interesting experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple locations Edmonton AlbertaJanuary 1, 2014
My experience with La Senza started out as fun. I was very interested in moving up with the company but after being with them for almost 2.5 yrs the culture changed.

It went form being a Canadian run company that valued it's employees to a company under the Limited Brands umbrella and the culture turned into one of get what you can from the employees with as little support and then when let them go.

The ladies I worked with under me were awesome, however the management above me were not.
Cons
long hours, under appreciated
not sure of their direction
STORE MANAGER -TEMP (Former Employee) –  torontoJanuary 26, 2015
I worked at La Senza when It wasn't a part of LB needless to say I liked it a lot better before La Senza is unsure of its direction at this point and is not invested in making it an enjoyable and fair place of employment
A fast paced ever changing environment to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastgate Square Stoney CreekSeptember 9, 2013
I worked at La Senza for many years and experienced all kinds of changes in the everchanging world of retail. I really enjoyed working with my staff to ensure ultimate customer service expectations were met. I enjoyed the product in the first 10 years. I was also able to be a part of a company training program and was area trainer while the position lasted. I also very much enjoyed the visual end of it and was also a visual trainer during the christmas season at various locations.
Pros
fun product to sell.
Cons
sunday night visual changes and last minute changes that required finding staff to come in.
What I've Learned
Seasonal help (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work includes managing a lot of different people and obstacles I would normally have to face on a day to day as well as responsibilities tending to the store. I deal very well with other people, so co workers and myself get along very well which is important in communicating. The hardest part of any job is how you deal well with others but also can be the most enjoyable part as well.
Pros
meeting new people and gaining experience and knowledge of retail.
Cons
wish i had more assigned hours.
Fun and comfortable environment
Stock specialist/sales associate (Former Employee) –  toronto, onMay 8, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of helping costumers in the fitting/change rooms or working in the stock room to organize the new merchandise that was received that morning.
Working at La Senza taught me how to organize my time and work schedule according to the amount of responsibilities given that specific day.
My co-workers were fun, out-going and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was maintaining the stock room by myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job was constantly having fun with my co-workers as we worked and achieving store goals together as a team (sales).
Cons
constant change of managers
For my first Job it wasn't what I expected
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey BCJune 20, 2013
La Senza was an okay company to work for. I felt I didn't get acknowleged for the "great" job I thought I was doing. Not getting a raise for much more than a year into my employment with La Senza. Staying late and going way over my hours did not even get me a pat on the back. Although this company helped me realize that I have great potential and I definatley feel I can go above and beyond for my employer no matter what the pay and attitude being recvieved from the company.
didnt like the return policy on underwear and bras change too much to suit bottom line with no regard for hygiene
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough Town CenterJune 19, 2012
found the company policy and standards where changed to meet the needs of customers on an individual basis..
i enjoyed the challenge of learning new things, great atmosphere to work in,
the hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with all the daily email,s having to answer every one with the computer in the backroom'
visual and my customers were the most enjoyable
Pros
good benefits
Cons
last minute window and visual changes, with alot comin on friday nights, all changes have to be done by next business day
Productive, most of the employees were great to work with, management wasn't very good.
Part-Time, Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Depending on what time of the day I would start, I would either open the store or close it.
I learned a lot referring to bras, as well as getting bra certified, which mean I could properly mesure customers. I learned more good customer service.
Management was okay in the beginning, but they liked to pick favorites, and not actually promote on how hard we would work.
Co-workers most were very nice, all girl staff did cause some unwanted drama, I tried to always statyed out of it.
Hardest part of this job was having to tell customers we didn't have what they wanted, sometimes they would get mad.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough wage
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONOctober 18, 2012
i learned how to give an exceptional customer service , to identify the customer needs and see them leaving with a satisfied face.
managers and district managers were always encouraging us to do our best, and reach the store goal and more.
co- workers were great. very friendly environment
the hardest part of the job was be sure that at least 3 people out of 10 purchase something in the store, most of the time because the store its inside of a mall, many teenagers and families just doing window shopping so, its was a little bit hard . the most enjoyable part of the job is to see the happy face of the customer leaving the store with their purchase.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
short lunch time
Great atomosphere for young people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON.April 5, 2013
A typical day at work would be greeting customers and helping them find there perfect purchases. I learned a lot about sizing and feeling comfortable with customers. The management wasn't always great, but it was a good experience to work there for the time that I did. My co-works were very easy to work with and were all very friendly. the most enjoyable part of this job was to see the inside and how a retail store worked. I very much enjoy working with customers and helping them find exactly what they need.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours.
Excellent company to work for
General Manager of 2 stores (Former Employee) –  Ajax,on/Oshawa,OnAugust 27, 2013
typical day
checking dashboard from the previous day to react to business
checking that merchandise has been loaded to the sales floor
doing visual walk through to ensure that store is A plus to open doors
plan CSL worksheet to place people in their zones for the day
checking emails that come in to react to any changes in visual or price changes.
Putting customers number one!
Pros
excellent product! staff discount.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  brantford, onNovember 18, 2012
everyday is something new and exciting, i always look forward to the next time i work.

i learned a lot by the girls i work with, socially and mentally.. were a strong team and im happy to be apart of it.

my co-workers are amazing workers, they always have your best interest at heart and are always there when youre struggling.

the hardest part of my job is working with difficult customers who dont accept the fact they went up a cup size or down, but in the end i let them try what they want and they realize their bodies do change.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the different people i get to meet everyday, its exciting and i always love helping people find the things they're looking for.
Pros
discount!
Cons
not enough hours
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJune 25, 2013
I used to work at the Owen Sound store for almost a year and a half and it was easily hands down the worst job I've ever had. Where to begin...the staff are completely incompetent and full of themselves- the younger staff are trashy and frequently gossip about customers behind their backs. I was promised a promotion and it was given to someone who basically sits on their butt when they're there. The hours are non-existent- I was down to 4 hours/week there before I quit. The management has NO idea how to schedule or run the store which makes the environment there so disorganized and chaotic! In a nutshell, 5 people (not including seasonal staff) quit in a year. That says a lot!
Pros
discount
Cons
poor hours/pay, rude staff, disorganized
Great place to meet new people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  OttawaJune 2, 2013
Working at la Senza I have been able to build many friendships and have learned so much about the retail world. We were always learning new ways of engaging with our customers and learning new practices. The hardest part of the job is probably haveing to work long nights. A majority of my shifts were 12-10.30 with only a half hour break around 3.30.
Pros
meeting so many new people
Cons
long late night shifts
Great co-workers and an overall exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 7, 2013
A typical day at work was busy and went by fast, always on my feet either interacting with customers, co-workers or tidying up something. I learned how to maximize sales without being a pushy saleswoman, I learned how to do a bra fitting and I also learned how to use a standard cash register. My management was great, I got along great with my manager and I am still friends with my assistant manager. My co-workers were all females and we were all in the same age range so we also got along good. The hardest part of the job would be the down time because I enjoyed helping people shop and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone find exactly what they wanted.
Pros
employee discounts, store location convenience
Cons
not a lot of regular hours
Work Review for La Senza
Cashier/ Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJanuary 9, 2013
I would arrive 5 minutes early dressed appropriately
I learned numerous new styles of bras, panties, and p.j's
my co-workers were very energetic, fun, and had great personalities
the hardest part of working at La Senza was sizing women and girls
The most enjoyable part of working at La Senza was the environment and the people that I worked with.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
standing around a lot

Comment – June 25, 2013

I worked at this La Senza location for over a year. We were NEVER paid for lunches as you are required to clock out. Not sure if this happens at every store, but you are only given 30 minutes break for a shift more than 6 hours when you are entitled to one half-hour and 1 or 2 15 min breaks. The staff are super gossip-y, the managers are totally incompetent and one employee is severely racist. The hours are completely inconsistent- I had only 4 hours a week! Definitely not a desirable company to work for.

fun workplace
Store Manager/Co-Manager-Department Manager (Former Employee) –  GTAApril 5, 2013
check email,receive product,merchandise,assign tasks,coach,delegate,set floor,service customers,train and hire when
necessary
lead by example,provide excellent customer service to drive sales
great co-workers to work with,lots of enthusiasm
hardest part was to leave the company
most enjoyable were the many trips taken
Pros
free bras, store discount, trips
Productive and fun atmosphere to work in
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 16, 2013
Hardest part of the job is the hours, working until 11pm or even midnight at times does make it hard to have a life balance.
Most enjoyable part is the customer service, finding out what she needs making her day better and easier in even the smallest ways.

Our management team communicates well and does their best to make it "Fun".
Pros
locations
Cons
working mostly weekends