La Senza Employee Reviews

Optimistic and Fun!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 September 2015
Great environment to work in. Upbeat, fun and energetic!! Team is very supportive. I enjoy coaching and developing on a daily basis through out my scheduled shift. Absolutely love meeting and exceeding company expectations with business results and team leadership.
Harsh judgement and bullying from other employers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 July 2015
Many times girls would ignore me because I was different, or because I got onto the tasks so fast and quickly that I was a threat. Managers would allow co-workers to take the fault of their actions. People would always take behind each others backs. It was like high school all over again.
Not as I expected
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario6 January 2015
When working in an environment that is very unorganized management wise, it tends to effect their employees. The hardest part about my job was not being properly prepared, and taught about our products. This challenged me in many situations where I asked other employees for guidance, since management did not help. The most enjoyable part was interacting with guests, and achieving my own goals met to teach myself about our products, so that I'd be able to help guests.
Pros
30% off products
Cons
Unreliable management
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario4 January 2015
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
Pros
Opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons
Limited amount of hours for power sellers.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS5 September 2014
A typical day working at La Senza was busy, as it was during the christmas rush, but usually enjoyable. I learned all the different types of bras and underwear there are, as well as how to correctly measure a womans bust size. The co workers were typically young, high school students, and usually quite hard working. The hardest part of the day would be when someone came to return an item that we could not return, such as any type of undergarments.
Pros
discount
Excellent workplace, fun environment and great staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray15 August 2014
I enjoy this job, it has a great environment to work and I have had an amazing experience working there. My co workers are the most supportive group of girls and they make the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job would have to be when it gets extremely busy you must be able to work fast and efficiently. I learned this skill and can work very fast with customers as well as the other associates and make sure I can manage them with a positive attitude as well.
Sales Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 May 2015
Engage customers in order to provide to them what they need in terms of product and quality services.
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time efficient manner
• Maintain work area in terms of cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
Great place to work at, interactive with many people within an hour giving our best service.
Cashier & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview mall19 April 2014
A typical day would to be cashing cutomers out and helping then on floor. My managers and co-workers were great, it was always done as team work. Communication was the key to everything. The hardest part of this job was inventory when staying in store really late going through every item, although every other say was enjoyable dealing with customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours per week
always a great team to work with
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  waterloo, mississauga19 April 2014
Heavily relied on as a part time retail employee, and think I deserve more pay. Love the team and the girls I work with (at two different locations). My managers all seem to be stressed, but enjoy it over all. Have learned many things about retail and how it is underestimated for the work that a lot of people put into it. Hardest part is sometimes working very long hours and not being appreciated for it, and not being paid over time. Most enjoyable part is the team and the connections you make with customers. Amazing friends made and one of a kind experience with customers in the store. Love the job and company which is why I went back.
La Senza
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2014
- I learnt how to manage customer services for examples, how to interact with people, how to make good sales and to help them with anything they need.
- I am a very friendly, confident person, outgoing and very committed to my work
- My co-workers were very friendly people and we got along just fine.
- The hardest part of the job was some customers who were disrespectful and had to involve the manager.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was we all got along ,worked as a team and had each others back.
Was an interesting experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple locations Edmonton Alberta1 January 2014
My experience with La Senza started out as fun. I was very interested in moving up with the company but after being with them for almost 2.5 yrs the culture changed.

It went form being a Canadian run company that valued it's employees to a company under the Limited Brands umbrella and the culture turned into one of get what you can from the employees with as little support and then when let them go.

The ladies I worked with under me were awesome, however the management above me were not.
Cons
Long hours, under appreciated
didnt like the return policy on underwear and bras change too much to suit bottom line with no regard for hygiene
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough Town Center19 June 2012
found the company policy and standards where changed to meet the needs of customers on an individual basis..
i enjoyed the challenge of learning new things, great atmosphere to work in,
the hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with all the daily email,s having to answer every one with the computer in the backroom'
visual and my customers were the most enjoyable
Pros
good benefits
Cons
last minute window and visual changes, with alot comin on friday nights, all changes have to be done by next business day
Productive, most of the employees were great to work with, management wasn't very good.
Part-Time, Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 September 2012
Depending on what time of the day I would start, I would either open the store or close it.
I learned a lot referring to bras, as well as getting bra certified, which mean I could properly mesure customers. I learned more good customer service.
Management was okay in the beginning, but they liked to pick favorites, and not actually promote on how hard we would work.
Co-workers most were very nice, all girl staff did cause some unwanted drama, I tried to always statyed out of it.
Hardest part of this job was having to tell customers we didn't have what they wanted, sometimes they would get mad.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough wage
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON18 October 2012
i learned how to give an exceptional customer service , to identify the customer needs and see them leaving with a satisfied face.
managers and district managers were always encouraging us to do our best, and reach the store goal and more.
co- workers were great. very friendly environment
the hardest part of the job was be sure that at least 3 people out of 10 purchase something in the store, most of the time because the store its inside of a mall, many teenagers and families just doing window shopping so, its was a little bit hard . the most enjoyable part of the job is to see the happy face of the customer leaving the store with their purchase.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
short lunch time
Great atomosphere for young people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON.5 April 2013
A typical day at work would be greeting customers and helping them find there perfect purchases. I learned a lot about sizing and feeling comfortable with customers. The management wasn't always great, but it was a good experience to work there for the time that I did. My co-works were very easy to work with and were all very friendly. the most enjoyable part of this job was to see the inside and how a retail store worked. I very much enjoy working with customers and helping them find exactly what they need.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours.
Fun and comfortable environment
Stock specialist/sales associate (Former Employee) –  toronto, on8 May 2013
A typical day at work would consist of helping costumers in the fitting/change rooms or working in the stock room to organize the new merchandise that was received that morning.
Working at La Senza taught me how to organize my time and work schedule according to the amount of responsibilities given that specific day.
My co-workers were fun, out-going and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was maintaining the stock room by myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job was constantly having fun with my co-workers as we worked and achieving store goals together as a team (sales).
Cons
constant change of managers
For my first Job it wasn't what I expected
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC20 June 2013
La Senza was an okay company to work for. I felt I didn't get acknowleged for the "great" job I thought I was doing. Not getting a raise for much more than a year into my employment with La Senza. Staying late and going way over my hours did not even get me a pat on the back. Although this company helped me realize that I have great potential and I definatley feel I can go above and beyond for my employer no matter what the pay and attitude being recvieved from the company.
What I've Learned
Seasonal help (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 August 2013
A typical day at work includes managing a lot of different people and obstacles I would normally have to face on a day to day as well as responsibilities tending to the store. I deal very well with other people, so co workers and myself get along very well which is important in communicating. The hardest part of any job is how you deal well with others but also can be the most enjoyable part as well.
Pros
Meeting new people and gaining experience and knowledge of retail.
Cons
Wish I had more assigned hours.
A fast paced ever changing environment to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastgate Square Stoney Creek9 September 2013
I worked at La Senza for many years and experienced all kinds of changes in the everchanging world of retail. I really enjoyed working with my staff to ensure ultimate customer service expectations were met. I enjoyed the product in the first 10 years. I was also able to be a part of a company training program and was area trainer while the position lasted. I also very much enjoyed the visual end of it and was also a visual trainer during the christmas season at various locations.
Pros
fun product to sell.
Cons
Sunday night visual changes and last minute changes that required finding staff to come in.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  brantford, on18 November 2012
everyday is something new and exciting, i always look forward to the next time i work.

i learned a lot by the girls i work with, socially and mentally.. were a strong team and im happy to be apart of it.

my co-workers are amazing workers, they always have your best interest at heart and are always there when youre struggling.

the hardest part of my job is working with difficult customers who dont accept the fact they went up a cup size or down, but in the end i let them try what they want and they realize their bodies do change.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the different people i get to meet everyday, its exciting and i always love helping people find the things they're looking for.
Pros
discount!
Cons
not enough hours