La Senza

La Senza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work at, interactive with many people within an hour giving our best service.
Cashier & Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fairview mallApril 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours per week
A typical day would to be cashing cutomers out and helping then on floor. My managers and co-workers were great, it was always done as team work. Communication was the key to everything. The hardest part of this job was inventory when staying in store really late going through every item, although every other say was enjoyable dealing with customers.
Busy sales environment involving excellent customer service and selling skills
Sales and Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 11, 2014
Pros: staff discount, team environment
Cons: working very late - closing till 10pm and arranging floor sets sometimes until 4-5am
A typical day at work involves me being placed at the front of the store, greeting customers and establishing their needs. It is my duty to tell each customer about the deals we have going on in the store and trying to get them set up with as many of these promotional items as possible. I then communicate through headset with my other co-workers and – more... let them know what's going on with each customer as they each proceed through the store.
I learned how to maximize selling, getting to as many customers as possible, ensuring that everyone is greeted, taken care of and has received the best customer service possible. I also learned product knowledge, and how to deal with customer objections.
Management could be improved upon. The manager is not easily approachable and makes one feel like they are being judged in a negative way. There is also very little encouragement or positive feed back given by the store manager.
I have no complaints about my co-workers, all of them are easy to work with and they make the job fun.
The hardest part of the job is on slower days or days when people are not in the buying mood because management can come down a little hard on the employees.
The most enjoyable part is working as a team with my co-workers and having customers leave the store feeling happy and confident. – less
La Senza
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2014
- I learnt how to manage customer services for examples, how to interact with people, how to make good sales and to help them with anything they need.
- I am a very friendly, confident person, outgoing and very committed to my work
- My co-workers were very friendly people and we got along just fine.
- The hardest part of the job was some customers – more... who were disrespectful and had to involve the manager.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was we all got along ,worked as a team and had each others back. – less
Fun and supportive workplace
Stock Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 11, 2014
I did a lot of learning and growing here. There's a lot of opportunity for growth, and my experience with management was excellent!
Normal retail job
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: good fun place to work
Cons: ...
This job is great if you're going to school. Its a standard retail job. Wasn't my ideal job or career choice.
I loved my Job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours on feet
Best job by far, great discounts and fun environment to work in
Friendly work environment
Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Merchandised store
Assisted customers with transactions
maintained a clean working environment
Was an interesting experience
Manager (Former Employee), multiple locations Edmonton AlbertaJanuary 1, 2014
Cons: long hours, under appreciated
My experience with La Senza started out as fun. I was very interested in moving up with the company but after being with them for almost 2.5 yrs the culture changed.

It went form being a Canadian run company that valued it's employees to a company under the Limited Brands umbrella and the culture turned into one of get what you can from the employees – more... with as little support and then when let them go.

The ladies I worked with under me were awesome, however the management above me were not. – less
Perfectly average retail experience
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 20, 2013
I had only worked at La Senza for a few months. The experience itself was perfectly fine. My experience was the hours simply did not work for me as I worked two jobs that summer.
Team Leader,Bra expert, Key Holder, Stock Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate/Cashier/ Stock/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 10, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: very demanding
A typical day at La Senza, I would say It's hectic very hectic.it's not just about going to work and going home, you basically are very much involved with what you do, if you are not passionate and dedicated towards what you do , then this is not a job for you. La Senza, is looking for leaders, self-motivators, creativeness, tactful, inspiring, knowledgeable, – more... determined, mature, detail-oriented, customer oriented, bubbly enjoys getting to know customers and their needs ect.. MyJob, was pretty much doing everything except my manager's job, I would open the store, clean the store, check emails, change promos, change features, opening registers, filling out paper work ect..
I would receive crazy amounts of stock in a very small back room, expected to process it all, including steaming and put it all on the sales floors by the end of my shift, on top of keeping the backroom organized with back stock, and replenish the sales floor. Next, I would be pulled out on the sales floor to help out due to short staff , so I had to drop my work and help out wherever needed everyday sometimes for days at a time.Then once they didn't need me anymore or even once they notice after a few days how much stock was not processed or accumulated over the week, they would through me back in the backroom to sort it all out . Worst part is the repetition, sizing customer for their correct measurements and explaining time after time how the sizing work.. most of time i would just get so annoyed when customers can't just accept or get excited for no reason 34B = 32 C it didn't increase cup size its the same!!! Over the 4 years, I loved it only because I had a great Manager, one I will never forget. she knew how to follow the rules but was most definitely very flexible, accommodating, and very understanding. She was very approachable and easy to talk to. Always Praised us for our hard work when reaching our sales goals. She always brought treats and made up games as to motivate everyone to up-sell. As for my assistant managers there is only a few that really complimented their job title and took their job seriously. My co-workers some very hard working and always goes above and beyond. Others well enjoy making rumors, gossip, drama, laziness and dishonesty! My job was not hard just very complicated and challenging at times because it took everything out of me, my physical, emotional and mental health but over all I loved it and would do it all over again. – less
Sales
Sales & Cashier Part time (Former Employee), Vaughan OntarioNovember 5, 2013
'Loved working at the location
'Management was fantastic
'Coworkers were amazing
'loved help all the women that came in was my favorite part of the whole job. i enjoyed helping women find the right sizes and seeing a smile when they felt comfort.
A fast paced ever changing environment to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Eastgate Square Stoney CreekSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: fun product to sell.
Cons: sunday night visual changes and last minute changes that required finding staff to come in.
I worked at La Senza for many years and experienced all kinds of changes in the everchanging world of retail. I really enjoyed working with my staff to ensure ultimate customer service expectations were met. I enjoyed the product in the first 10 years. I was also able to be a part of a company training program and was area trainer while the position – more... lasted. I also very much enjoyed the visual end of it and was also a visual trainer during the christmas season at various locations. – less
Great co-workers and an overall exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: employee discounts, store location convenience
Cons: not a lot of regular hours
A typical day at work was busy and went by fast, always on my feet either interacting with customers, co-workers or tidying up something. I learned how to maximize sales without being a pushy saleswoman, I learned how to do a bra fitting and I also learned how to use a standard cash register. My management was great, I got along great with my manager – more... and I am still friends with my assistant manager. My co-workers were all females and we were all in the same age range so we also got along good. The hardest part of the job would be the down time because I enjoyed helping people shop and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone find exactly what they wanted. – less
Excellent company to work for
General Manager of 2 stores (Former Employee), Ajax,on/Oshawa,OnAugust 27, 2013
Pros: excellent product! staff discount.
typical day
checking dashboard from the previous day to react to business
checking that merchandise has been loaded to the sales floor
doing visual walk through to ensure that store is A plus to open doors
plan CSL worksheet to place people in their zones for the day
checking emails that come in to react to any changes in visual or price changes.
Putting – more... customers number one! – less
What I've Learned
Seasonal help (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCAugust 13, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and gaining experience and knowledge of retail.
Cons: wish i had more assigned hours.
A typical day at work includes managing a lot of different people and obstacles I would normally have to face on a day to day as well as responsibilities tending to the store. I deal very well with other people, so co workers and myself get along very well which is important in communicating. The hardest part of any job is how you deal well with others – more... but also can be the most enjoyable part as well. – less
Great Company
Visual Specialist (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 23, 2013
Great Company to work for. Everyone is treated equally. The company really cares about their employees.
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Sales representative (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: poor hours/pay, rude staff, disorganized
I used to work at the Owen Sound store for almost a year and a half and it was easily hands down the worst job I've ever had. Where to begin...the staff are completely incompetent and full of themselves- the younger staff are trashy and frequently gossip about customers behind their backs. I was promised a promotion and it was given to someone who basically – more... sits on their butt when they're there. The hours are non-existent- I was down to 4 hours/week there before I quit. The management has NO idea how to schedule or run the store which makes the environment there so disorganized and chaotic! In a nutshell, 5 people (not including seasonal staff) quit in a year. That says a lot! – less
For my first Job it wasn't what I expected
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey BCJune 20, 2013
La Senza was an okay company to work for. I felt I didn't get acknowleged for the "great" job I thought I was doing. Not getting a raise for much more than a year into my employment with La Senza. Staying late and going way over my hours did not even get me a pat on the back. Although this company helped me realize that I have great potential and I – more... definatley feel I can go above and beyond for my employer no matter what the pay and attitude being recvieved from the company. – less
Great place to meet new people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), OttawaJune 2, 2013
Pros: meeting so many new people
Cons: long late night shifts
Working at la Senza I have been able to build many friendships and have learned so much about the retail world. We were always learning new ways of engaging with our customers and learning new practices. The hardest part of the job is probably haveing to work long nights. A majority of my shifts were 12-10.30 with only a half hour break around 3.30.
Average work place environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 24, 2013
Pros: pick schedule
Cons: worked 6 times a week
Sell, sell, sell
learned to add-on and build KPI's
How to keep customers happy by finding out there wants and needs
Dislike
Constantly push sales

About La Senza

THE FUN & FLIRTY LINGERISTA DESTINATION. Where fashion meets lingerie, La Senza is the destination for the hottest trends – Read more