La Senza Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC18 March 2016
It is a very friendly work environment. I always look forward to going into work and getting my day started. The only down side is the small hours that I get and can't survive off of that little pay.
Great Company to work for, very fast paced and friendly
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2016
Mainly in the backroom processing stock and pushing it on to the sales floor. It's great for having the ability to plan how each day is going to go for me.
Fast-paced, rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 November 2015
Fast paced job with high paying benefits. At times it can become quite hectic, but there is a lot of hands on experience. Very professional work environment that promotes diligence and focus. Not much hands on training provided, I enjoyed working with the customers and satisfying their needs.
Pros
possibilty to earn a lot in sales
Cons
work itself requires a high ability to multi-task
productive and fun working place
Visual Merchandiser/Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 November 2015
I enjoy the job very, The hardest part of the job working very hard to meet the time deadline of the day, getting all product in the floor on time. I work well with all my co-workers.
I leaned a great deal about time management. On a typical day every thing was done on time and put into their rightful place
Pros
great products
Cons
some late nights
Great job in 2014
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2016
I know the company has changed a lot since I worked there. There wasn't personal sales tracking. When I worked there we all had a great time in an amazing environment.
fun place to work, chance to be creative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 October 2015
I was a cashier and merchandiser for La Senza. Although I enjoyed being a cashier and being up front with the costumers my favorite part was merchandising. I loved setting up displays for the different sales and seasons. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young kids at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I got to work with and the creativity I got to use.
fun, indpendence
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2016
I had good time working for them, management friendly, we had ping pong table. Sometimes it's busy days and sometime slow. Many different people everyday from agency.
Pros
flexible hours
Great training, fun- fast paced environment with friendly approachable management.
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 November 2015
Absolutely love the dynamic of a sellers role. Pushing for higher sales and being challenged with specific daily goals to be met, pushed me to excel and succeed with greater results.
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 July 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons
High sales expectations
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee) –  winnipeg Mb11 July 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
Optimistic and Fun!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 September 2015
Great environment to work in. Upbeat, fun and energetic!! Team is very supportive. I enjoy coaching and developing on a daily basis through out my scheduled shift. Absolutely love meeting and exceeding company expectations with business results and team leadership.
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 May 2015
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Pros
Discount merchandise
Cons
Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.
Harsh judgement and bullying from other employers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 July 2015
Many times girls would ignore me because I was different, or because I got onto the tasks so fast and quickly that I was a threat. Managers would allow co-workers to take the fault of their actions. People would always take behind each others backs. It was like high school all over again.
Not as I expected
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario6 January 2015
When working in an environment that is very unorganized management wise, it tends to effect their employees. The hardest part about my job was not being properly prepared, and taught about our products. This challenged me in many situations where I asked other employees for guidance, since management did not help. The most enjoyable part was interacting with guests, and achieving my own goals met to teach myself about our products, so that I'd be able to help guests.
Pros
30% off products
Cons
Unreliable management
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario4 January 2015
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
Pros
Opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons
Limited amount of hours for power sellers.
Sales Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 May 2015
Engage customers in order to provide to them what they need in terms of product and quality services.
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time efficient manner
• Maintain work area in terms of cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS5 September 2014
A typical day working at La Senza was busy, as it was during the christmas rush, but usually enjoyable. I learned all the different types of bras and underwear there are, as well as how to correctly measure a womans bust size. The co workers were typically young, high school students, and usually quite hard working. The hardest part of the day would be when someone came to return an item that we could not return, such as any type of undergarments.
Pros
discount
Excellent workplace, fun environment and great staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray15 August 2014
I enjoy this job, it has a great environment to work and I have had an amazing experience working there. My co workers are the most supportive group of girls and they make the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job would have to be when it gets extremely busy you must be able to work fast and efficiently. I learned this skill and can work very fast with customers as well as the other associates and make sure I can manage them with a positive attitude as well.
Great place to work at, interactive with many people within an hour giving our best service.
Cashier & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview mall19 April 2014
A typical day would to be cashing cutomers out and helping then on floor. My managers and co-workers were great, it was always done as team work. Communication was the key to everything. The hardest part of this job was inventory when staying in store really late going through every item, although every other say was enjoyable dealing with customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours per week
always a great team to work with
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  waterloo, mississauga19 April 2014
Heavily relied on as a part time retail employee, and think I deserve more pay. Love the team and the girls I work with (at two different locations). My managers all seem to be stressed, but enjoy it over all. Have learned many things about retail and how it is underestimated for the work that a lot of people put into it. Hardest part is sometimes working very long hours and not being appreciated for it, and not being paid over time. Most enjoyable part is the team and the connections you make with customers. Amazing friends made and one of a kind experience with customers in the store. Love the job and company which is why I went back.