La Senza

La Senza Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Visual Specialist (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 23, 2013
Great Company to work for. Everyone is treated equally. The company really cares about their employees.
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Sales representative (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: poor hours/pay, rude staff, disorganized
I used to work at the Owen Sound store for almost a year and a half and it was easily hands down the worst job I've ever had. Where to begin...the staff are completely incompetent and full of themselves- the younger staff are trashy and frequently gossip about customers behind their backs. I was promised a promotion and it was given to someone who basically – more... sits on their butt when they're there. The hours are non-existent- I was down to 4 hours/week there before I quit. The management has NO idea how to schedule or run the store which makes the environment there so disorganized and chaotic! In a nutshell, 5 people (not including seasonal staff) quit in a year. That says a lot! – less
For my first Job it wasn't what I expected
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey BCJune 20, 2013
La Senza was an okay company to work for. I felt I didn't get acknowleged for the "great" job I thought I was doing. Not getting a raise for much more than a year into my employment with La Senza. Staying late and going way over my hours did not even get me a pat on the back. Although this company helped me realize that I have great potential and I – more... definatley feel I can go above and beyond for my employer no matter what the pay and attitude being recvieved from the company. – less
Great place to meet new people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), OttawaJune 2, 2013
Pros: meeting so many new people
Cons: long late night shifts
Working at la Senza I have been able to build many friendships and have learned so much about the retail world. We were always learning new ways of engaging with our customers and learning new practices. The hardest part of the job is probably haveing to work long nights. A majority of my shifts were 12-10.30 with only a half hour break around 3.30.
Average work place environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 24, 2013
Pros: pick schedule
Cons: worked 6 times a week
Sell, sell, sell
learned to add-on and build KPI's
How to keep customers happy by finding out there wants and needs
Dislike
Constantly push sales
Productive and fun atmosphere to work in
Key Holder (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 16, 2013
Pros: locations
Cons: working mostly weekends
Hardest part of the job is the hours, working until 11pm or even midnight at times does make it hard to have a life balance.
Most enjoyable part is the customer service, finding out what she needs making her day better and easier in even the smallest ways.

Our management team communicates well and does their best to make it "Fun".
Fun and comfortable environment
Stock specialist/sales associate (Former Employee), toronto, onMay 8, 2013
Cons: constant change of managers
A typical day at work would consist of helping costumers in the fitting/change rooms or working in the stock room to organize the new merchandise that was received that morning.
Working at La Senza taught me how to organize my time and work schedule according to the amount of responsibilities given that specific day.
My co-workers were fun, out-going – more... and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was maintaining the stock room by myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job was constantly having fun with my co-workers as we worked and achieving store goals together as a team (sales). – less
Fun Enviroment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 1, 2013
Pros: organized company
Cons: no stable work hours
Customer Service.
I learned Leadership Skills.
The Hardest Part Of My Job Was Leaving.
Worked for 5 years then store closed.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 19, 2013
Lack of job security. Consistently worried about job security. When store was closing we were informed more from internet than company.
Great atomosphere for young people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brockville, ON.April 5, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical day at work would be greeting customers and helping them find there perfect purchases. I learned a lot about sizing and feeling comfortable with customers. The management wasn't always great, but it was a good experience to work there for the time that I did. My co-works were very easy to work with and were all very friendly. the most enjoyable – more... part of this job was to see the inside and how a retail store worked. I very much enjoy working with customers and helping them find exactly what they need. – less
fun workplace
Store Manager/Co-Manager-Department Manager (Former Employee), GTAApril 5, 2013
Pros: free bras, store discount, trips
check email,receive product,merchandise,assign tasks,coach,delegate,set floor,service customers,train and hire when
necessary
lead by example,provide excellent customer service to drive sales
great co-workers to work with,lots of enthusiasm
hardest part was to leave the company
most enjoyable were the many trips taken
Productive and energetic team
Stock Associate / Cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2013
La Senza team was very enthusiastic about working for the company limited brands. Everyone works together everyday to meet and exceed sales targets, well making the customer a number one priority.
Worst Job Ever
Keyholder (Former Employee), calgary, abMarch 6, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: racist management, no proper training
The management was racist. They didn't know how to properly train and coach their associates. Instead of teaching me how to do something they would just be on your case telling you to do it right. Like, how am I supposed to know what the right way is when you didn't teach how me to do this entire process in the first place?
Team work is the best and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: not too much appeiciation
Cons: no hours and management
The day to day is definitely challenging in some days. Working with your team is easier that working with your manager that does"nt really appreciate you is stressful.
Productive and fun place to work
Stock Specialist to Present (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: i like what i do because i always stay busy
Cons: not enough hours or wage increase
Itès a very fun and positive atmosphere, I enjoy working for La senza but unfortunately I am moving away so I will need to find other work.
A regular day at La Senza
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJanuary 14, 2013
A typical day at La Senza consisted of greeting customers, working on the cash till, replenishing products, promoting new products to customers and cleaning the fitting rooms. The management and coworkers were very nice, everyone split the work equally so noone had to work under tons of pressure
Up beat environment, Hilarious co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: food court in the mall
Cons: unset hours
I learned a lot from La Senza like working with stock in the back, getting the chance to learn cash fast and efficiently and hearing others stories about how to do everything fun and fast. The hardest part of the job would have to be having to help multiple customers at once.
Work Review for La Senza
Cashier/ Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: standing around a lot
I would arrive 5 minutes early dressed appropriately
I learned numerous new styles of bras, panties, and p.j's
my co-workers were very energetic, fun, and had great personalities
the hardest part of working at La Senza was sizing women and girls
The most enjoyable part of working at La Senza was the environment and the people that I worked with.

anonymousanonymous – June 25, 2013

I worked at this La Senza location for over a year. We were NEVER paid for lunches as you are required to clock out. Not sure if this happens at every store, but you are only given 30 minutes break for a shift more than 6 hours when you are entitled to one half-hour and 1 or 2 15 min breaks. The staff are super gossip-y, the managers are totally incompetent and one employee is severely racist. The hours are completely inconsistent- I had only 4 hours a week! Definitely not a desirable company to work for.

It was a fun place to work at.
Sales associate (Former Employee), MississaugaJanuary 2, 2013
I was a part- timer there. It was a little frustrating when people threw stuff all around but it is a part of our job to clean up. It was a fun place to work at because when little girls use to come in and leave with the stuff the love and the smile on their face use to make my day.
Fasting pace, Multi-tasking, Flexible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Sherway GardensDecember 5, 2012
Pros: discounts, learning experience
Cons: seasonal
At start of your shift , you have to re-stock, re-organize, greet customers, tell them around sells and specials. Always had to be polite, and help them out it was a place where you needed alot of energy and character.

About La Senza

La Senza Corporation is a Canadian fashion retailer based in Dorval, Quebec, Canada, which sells lingerie and intimate apparel. – Read more