La Senza Employee Reviews

good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
really enjoyed working here. the people and the atmosphere are great. they teach you a lot about selling and customer service.
Great Co-Workers
KH Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 March 2015
Fun place to work with people who also like to work hard but there does not seem to be any appreciation from the company for people lower than management. I was offered promotions and raises and it fell through.
Sales Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 May 2015
Engage customers in order to provide to them what they need in terms of product and quality services.
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time efficient manner
• Maintain work area in terms of cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
Fun, productive environment and encouraging staff
Power Seller/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2016
Typical day included an assortment of tasks including: returns, calls for pick-up, placing orders, processing returns, completing reports, end of day procedures, coaching, merchandising. I loved always having something different to do, and never knowing exactly what the day would bring. A fun and fast-paced environment.
LA SENZA
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2014
-Excellent work environment
-Taught me exceptional customer service skills
-Always busy and constantly changing
-Received a promotion and a pay raise each year
-Very demanding
-Very easy to get along with co-workers and management
-Not enough hours
Fun work place
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC18 March 2016
It is a very friendly work environment. I always look forward to going into work and getting my day started. The only down side is the small hours that I get and can't survive off of that little pay.
fun, indpendence
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2016
I had good time working for them, management friendly, we had ping pong table. Sometimes it's busy days and sometime slow. Many different people everyday from agency.
Pros
flexible hours
Decent work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 June 2012
Got along well with all of the other employees. Benefits were non-existant and pay was average. Liked the work place overall and enjoyed helping customers, job was rewarding.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
not much room for advancement within company.
Great Company to work for, very fast paced and friendly
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2016
Mainly in the backroom processing stock and pushing it on to the sales floor. It's great for having the ability to plan how each day is going to go for me.
Great job in 2014
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2016
I know the company has changed a lot since I worked there. There wasn't personal sales tracking. When I worked there we all had a great time in an amazing environment.
productive and fun working place
Visual Merchandiser/Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 November 2015
I enjoy the job very, The hardest part of the job working very hard to meet the time deadline of the day, getting all product in the floor on time. I work well with all my co-workers.
I leaned a great deal about time management. On a typical day every thing was done on time and put into their rightful place
Pros
great products
Cons
some late nights
Productive and Fun Work Place
Retail Representative/Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 November 2014
It's a great work field, excellent benefits and flexible hours.
Pros
Discounts at not only la senza but bath and body works, victoria secret and pink
Cons
Busy Busy On holidays
Was an interesting experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple locations Edmonton Alberta1 January 2014
My experience with La Senza started out as fun. I was very interested in moving up with the company but after being with them for almost 2.5 yrs the culture changed.

It went form being a Canadian run company that valued it's employees to a company under the Limited Brands umbrella and the culture turned into one of get what you can from the employees with as little support and then when let them go.

The ladies I worked with under me were awesome, however the management above me were not.
Cons
Long hours, under appreciated
Fun but has its not so fun characteristics
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 March 2015
Fun place to work, much to learn. Involves a lot of one on one with the customer. Must be non-judgemental as the experience with customers is usually quite intimate. Typical day includes, defining sales goals and making a plan as to how you will meet them; interacting with customers using La Senzas sales model to help create a connection, define needs, and build sales; tending cash, merchandising the sales floor, stock, and customer interaction is done all at once so you must be an organized person with ability to really multi-task and prioritize.
I learned a lot about "selling culture" and all there is to know about bras .. I became a Certified Bra Expert. They teach you a ton about loss prevention; what to do if you think someone is stealing and how to prevent opportunities for theft to occur.
Although management has their own sales goals to meet they are there to help motivate and make things more interesting by holding contests and such (who ever makes their goal in the next two hours gets something from Starbucks, for example). That being said, there can be times when you feel under-appreciated by the management team as they and other sales associates have higher sales targets and they may imply that HO is truly more concerned about them meeting their goals then they are about you meeting yours ...
Everyone that I have worked with has been fun, energetic and polite; we like to leave drama at the door step. However, when it comes down to it, everyone is trying to meet their sales target and sometimes it can be a dicey work environment (ex, stealing sales).
Hardest part
  more... of the job is dealing with those incidents related to whose sales are whose and finding a balance with your co-workers.
Most enjoyable part is when customers brag about you or thank you or go to the manager and say "I don't know what I would have done without her help today". You really get a sense that you have made a difference in someone's life no matter how small it might seem.
Pros
Free food at team meetings, Friendly contests individual to location with prizes, Gratis' and special offers, Special coupons, Management gets bonuses and get to travel, Employee discount for all, get to learn EVERYTHING about bras, your selling skills will definitely be developed
Cons
short shifts sometimes (3.5 hrs), lower wage for reg sales associate, Must try to make sales goals, only 'some' sales associates make commission, Sometimes feel under valued by management, little to no chance of getting a significant raise if your a reg sales associate, Watch out for 'Sharks' on the sales floor
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee) –  winnipeg Mb11 July 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 May 2015
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Pros
Discount merchandise
Cons
Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON25 June 2013
I used to work at the Owen Sound store for almost a year and a half and it was easily hands down the worst job I've ever had. Where to begin...the staff are completely incompetent and full of themselves- the younger staff are trashy and frequently gossip about customers behind their backs. I was promised a promotion and it was given to someone who basically sits on their butt when they're there. The hours are non-existent- I was down to 4 hours/week there before I quit. The management has NO idea how to schedule or run the store which makes the environment there so disorganized and chaotic! In a nutshell, 5 people (not including seasonal staff) quit in a year. That says a lot!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor hours/pay, rude staff, disorganized
Fun environment.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 March 2012
It was an easy going and all around fun job. Also great benefits!
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario4 January 2015
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
Pros
Opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons
Limited amount of hours for power sellers.
fun place to work, chance to be creative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 October 2015
I was a cashier and merchandiser for La Senza. Although I enjoyed being a cashier and being up front with the costumers my favorite part was merchandising. I loved setting up displays for the different sales and seasons. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young kids at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I got to work with and the creativity I got to use.