La Senza Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Co-Workers
KH Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 13, 2015
Fun place to work with people who also like to work hard but there does not seem to be any appreciation from the company for people lower than management. I was offered promotions and raises and it fell through.
Was an interesting experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple locations Edmonton AlbertaJanuary 1, 2014
My experience with La Senza started out as fun. I was very interested in moving up with the company but after being with them for almost 2.5 yrs the culture changed.

It went form being a Canadian run company that valued it's employees to a company under the Limited Brands umbrella and the culture turned into one of get what you can from the employees with as little support and then when let them go.

The ladies I worked with under me were awesome, however the management above me were not.
Cons
long hours, under appreciated
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioJanuary 4, 2015
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
Pros
opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons
limited amount of hours for power sellers.
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 29, 2015
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Pros
Discount merchandise
Cons
Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJune 25, 2013
I used to work at the Owen Sound store for almost a year and a half and it was easily hands down the worst job I've ever had. Where to begin...the staff are completely incompetent and full of themselves- the younger staff are trashy and frequently gossip about customers behind their backs. I was promised a promotion and it was given to someone who basically sits on their butt when they're there. The hours are non-existent- I was down to 4 hours/week there before I quit. The management has NO idea how to schedule or run the store which makes the environment there so disorganized and chaotic! In a nutshell, 5 people (not including seasonal staff) quit in a year. That says a lot!
Pros
discount
Cons
poor hours/pay, rude staff, disorganized
Upbeat fun atmosphere
Co- Manager (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontarioMarch 24, 2015
Focusing on sales and daily operations all hours of the day, motivating staff to sell and make daily targets. Encourage staff to fell confident in all their bra sales. Hardest part of the job was inventory management. Best part of the job was helping people feel great in anything.
Pros
Great interaction
The worst.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 26, 2015
There are SO many things wrong with this company..
Usually when you start a new job its the catty girl co workers who make your life a living nightmare. Not at La Senza (Yorkdale Location) The management team are who ruin everything for you. They lie about company policies like you are not allowed to associate with other associates outside of work. Or, not being allowed to have personal information like emails or phone numbers. All bull. Make sure you read all policies before working.
When i started working there (5 months ago) i met about 12 girls. When i left (A week ago) there was only ONE of the 12 who remained because the rest had quit.
The managers make it so hard to be happy at work. If its not one, its the other. And the communication between them is terrible. For example: If i had to book a day off id speak to Manager 1, she would approve, and when the day came Manager 2 would call me to yell about why i didnt show up for work.
They lie about hours. During your interview they will tell you that you will get MINIMUM 20 hours a week - false. Most part timers were doing about 14-17 hours a week.They continue to hire people but the ones who already have the job dont get any hours! Its so infuriating. (I would continuously ask for more hours, but it was always no.) And on top of that they never pay what you work for. Make sure you count your hours down to the minute! I had to call pay roll and head office every two weeks because my pay was always atleast $100 short.
There so many more things wrong with that specific location but i think ive written enough. Dont get
  more... me wrong, its fun sometimes, the discounts great, most of the girls are super friendly but i wouldnt recommend working there.  less
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Everything else.
fun place to work, chance to be creative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCOctober 7, 2015
I was a cashier and merchandiser for La Senza. Although I enjoyed being a cashier and being up front with the costumers my favorite part was merchandising. I loved setting up displays for the different sales and seasons. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young kids at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I got to work with and the creativity I got to use.
Great training, fun- fast paced environment with friendly approachable management.
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 18, 2015
Absolutely love the dynamic of a sellers role. Pushing for higher sales and being challenged with specific daily goals to be met, pushed me to excel and succeed with greater results.
For my first Job it wasn't what I expected
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey BCJune 20, 2013
La Senza was an okay company to work for. I felt I didn't get acknowleged for the "great" job I thought I was doing. Not getting a raise for much more than a year into my employment with La Senza. Staying late and going way over my hours did not even get me a pat on the back. Although this company helped me realize that I have great potential and I definatley feel I can go above and beyond for my employer no matter what the pay and attitude being recvieved from the company.
productive and fun workplace
elevated associate (Former Employee) –  oakville ontarioJuly 31, 2015
• Replenish merchandise and update visual displays
• Measure/size customers
• Inform customers of promotions, sales and bra launches
• Assists in maintenance of the store and backroom
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
limited variety of products
LA SENZA
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
-Excellent work environment
-Taught me exceptional customer service skills
-Always busy and constantly changing
-Received a promotion and a pay raise each year
-Very demanding
-Very easy to get along with co-workers and management
-Not enough hours
Fun but has its not so fun characteristics
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 6, 2015
Fun place to work, much to learn. Involves a lot of one on one with the customer. Must be non-judgemental as the experience with customers is usually quite intimate. Typical day includes, defining sales goals and making a plan as to how you will meet them; interacting with customers using La Senzas sales model to help create a connection, define needs, and build sales; tending cash, merchandising the sales floor, stock, and customer interaction is done all at once so you must be an organized person with ability to really multi-task and prioritize.
I learned a lot about "selling culture" and all there is to know about bras .. I became a Certified Bra Expert. They teach you a ton about loss prevention; what to do if you think someone is stealing and how to prevent opportunities for theft to occur.
Although management has their own sales goals to meet they are there to help motivate and make things more interesting by holding contests and such (who ever makes their goal in the next two hours gets something from Starbucks, for example). That being said, there can be times when you feel under-appreciated by the management team as they and other sales associates have higher sales targets and they may imply that HO is truly more concerned about them meeting their goals then they are about you meeting yours ...
Everyone that I have worked with has been fun, energetic and polite; we like to leave drama at the door step. However, when it comes down to it, everyone is trying to meet their sales target and sometimes it can be a dicey work environment (ex, stealing sales).
Hardest part of
  more... the job is dealing with those incidents related to whose sales are whose and finding a balance with your co-workers.
Most enjoyable part is when customers brag about you or thank you or go to the manager and say "I don't know what I would have done without her help today". You really get a sense that you have made a difference in someone's life no matter how small it might seem.
Pros
free food at team meetings, friendly contests individual to location with prizes, gratis' and special offers, special coupons, management gets bonuses and get to travel, employee discount for all, get to learn everything about bras, your selling skills will definitely be developed
Cons
short shifts sometimes (3.5 hrs), lower wage for reg sales associate, must try to make sales goals, only 'some' sales associates make commission, sometimes feel under valued by management, little to no chance of getting a significant raise if your a reg sales associate, watch out for 'sharks' on the sales floor
Optimistic and Fun!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 24, 2015
Great environment to work in. Upbeat, fun and energetic!! Team is very supportive. I enjoy coaching and developing on a daily basis through out my scheduled shift. Absolutely love meeting and exceeding company expectations with business results and team leadership.
Sales Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 10, 2015
Engage customers in order to provide to them what they need in terms of product and quality services.
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time efficient manner
• Maintain work area in terms of cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
La senza
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BCOctober 20, 2015
I had only worked for a couple months because this store was closing down. I get a lot of my customer service experience from La senze.
Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  HamiltonMay 6, 2015
My manager was very laid back we always were able to snack in the back and had more then enough time for breaks.
When your on the floor you must meet your target for the day so you are able to contribute to the rest of the team. Awesome job, just not enough hours!
Pros
Bra Promotions
Not as I expected
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioJanuary 6, 2015
When working in an environment that is very unorganized management wise, it tends to effect their employees. The hardest part about my job was not being properly prepared, and taught about our products. This challenged me in many situations where I asked other employees for guidance, since management did not help. The most enjoyable part was interacting with guests, and achieving my own goals met to teach myself about our products, so that I'd be able to help guests.
Pros
30% off products
Cons
unreliable management
Great co-workers and an overall exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 7, 2013
A typical day at work was busy and went by fast, always on my feet either interacting with customers, co-workers or tidying up something. I learned how to maximize sales without being a pushy saleswoman, I learned how to do a bra fitting and I also learned how to use a standard cash register. My management was great, I got along great with my manager and I am still friends with my assistant manager. My co-workers were all females and we were all in the same age range so we also got along good. The hardest part of the job would be the down time because I enjoyed helping people shop and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone find exactly what they wanted.
Pros
employee discounts, store location convenience
Cons
not a lot of regular hours
Harsh judgement and bullying from other employers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 27, 2015
Many times girls would ignore me because I was different, or because I got onto the tasks so fast and quickly that I was a threat. Managers would allow co-workers to take the fault of their actions. People would always take behind each others backs. It was like high school all over again.