La Senza Employee Reviews

Great training, fun- fast paced environment with friendly approachable management.
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 18, 2015
Absolutely love the dynamic of a sellers role. Pushing for higher sales and being challenged with specific daily goals to be met, pushed me to excel and succeed with greater results.
Optimistic and Fun!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 24, 2015
Great environment to work in. Upbeat, fun and energetic!! Team is very supportive. I enjoy coaching and developing on a daily basis through out my scheduled shift. Absolutely love meeting and exceeding company expectations with business results and team leadership.
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons
High sales expectations
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee) –  winnipeg MbJuly 11, 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
Harsh judgement and bullying from other employers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 27, 2015
Many times girls would ignore me because I was different, or because I got onto the tasks so fast and quickly that I was a threat. Managers would allow co-workers to take the fault of their actions. People would always take behind each others backs. It was like high school all over again.
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 29, 2015
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Pros
Discount merchandise
Cons
Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.
productive and fun workplace
elevated associate (Former Employee) –  oakville ontarioJuly 31, 2015
• Replenish merchandise and update visual displays
• Measure/size customers
• Inform customers of promotions, sales and bra launches
• Assists in maintenance of the store and backroom
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
limited variety of products
La senza
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BCOctober 20, 2015
I had only worked for a couple months because this store was closing down. I get a lot of my customer service experience from La senze.
Great people, fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2015
Loved working at La Senza, getting to know so many new people and seeing all the new product when it comes in, as well as learning about the product.
Pros
discount
Cons
can get boring
Sales Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 10, 2015
Engage customers in order to provide to them what they need in terms of product and quality services.
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time efficient manner
• Maintain work area in terms of cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
Not as I expected
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioJanuary 6, 2015
When working in an environment that is very unorganized management wise, it tends to effect their employees. The hardest part about my job was not being properly prepared, and taught about our products. This challenged me in many situations where I asked other employees for guidance, since management did not help. The most enjoyable part was interacting with guests, and achieving my own goals met to teach myself about our products, so that I'd be able to help guests.
Pros
30% off products
Cons
unreliable management
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioJanuary 4, 2015
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
Pros
opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons
limited amount of hours for power sellers.
Upbeat fun atmosphere
Co- Manager (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontarioMarch 24, 2015
Focusing on sales and daily operations all hours of the day, motivating staff to sell and make daily targets. Encourage staff to fell confident in all their bra sales. Hardest part of the job was inventory management. Best part of the job was helping people feel great in anything.
Pros
Great interaction
Cons
Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  HamiltonMay 6, 2015
My manager was very laid back we always were able to snack in the back and had more then enough time for breaks.
When your on the floor you must meet your target for the day so you are able to contribute to the rest of the team. Awesome job, just not enough hours!
Pros
Bra Promotions
Teamwork oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 12, 2015
Help customers feel comfortable in intimate environment, create visual displays, very personal and customer service oriented.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day working at La Senza was busy, as it was during the christmas rush, but usually enjoyable. I learned all the different types of bras and underwear there are, as well as how to correctly measure a womans bust size. The co workers were typically young, high school students, and usually quite hard working. The hardest part of the day would be when someone came to return an item that we could not return, such as any type of undergarments.
Pros
discount
Excellent workplace, fun environment and great staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurrayAugust 15, 2014
I enjoy this job, it has a great environment to work and I have had an amazing experience working there. My co workers are the most supportive group of girls and they make the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job would have to be when it gets extremely busy you must be able to work fast and efficiently. I learned this skill and can work very fast with customers as well as the other associates and make sure I can manage them with a positive attitude as well.
Fun job with an exciting work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 5, 2014
The culture of the La Senza company makes the job a pleasure to do. They breed excitement into the employees about new products and services that way they can transfer that excitement to the customers. Lots of incentives to make and exceed sales goals, but the hourly rate as opposed to commission sales makes for a friendly, non-competitive work environment.
Very positive experience.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCAugust 28, 2014
Multi-faceted day, constantly evolving position. Camaraderie and encouragement essential part of each day, both from colleagues and management. Dynamic job, requiring a balancing act between priorities. I loved it, and would likely still be there had the company not been acquired by an American interest, which unfortunately did away with most of the locally held employment.
Great place to work at, interactive with many people within an hour giving our best service.
Cashier & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview mallApril 19, 2014
A typical day would to be cashing cutomers out and helping then on floor. My managers and co-workers were great, it was always done as team work. Communication was the key to everything. The hardest part of this job was inventory when staying in store really late going through every item, although every other say was enjoyable dealing with customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours per week