La Senza

La Senza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was an interesting experience
Manager (Former Employee), multiple locations Edmonton AlbertaJanuary 1, 2014
Cons: long hours, under appreciated
My experience with La Senza started out as fun. I was very interested in moving up with the company but after being with them for almost 2.5 yrs the culture changed.

It went form being a Canadian run company that valued it's employees to a company under the Limited Brands umbrella and the culture turned into one of get what you can from the employees with as little support and then when let them go.

The ladies I worked with under me were awesome, however the management above me were not.
Fun and comfortable environment
Stock specialist/sales associate (Former Employee), toronto, onMay 8, 2013
Cons: constant change of managers
A typical day at work would consist of helping costumers in the fitting/change rooms or working in the stock room to organize the new merchandise that was received that morning.
Working at La Senza taught me how to organize my time and work schedule according to the amount of responsibilities given that specific day.
My co-workers were fun, out-going and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was maintaining the stock room by myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job was constantly having fun with my co-workers as we worked and achieving store goals together as a team (sales).
For my first Job it wasn't what I expected
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey BCJune 20, 2013
La Senza was an okay company to work for. I felt I didn't get acknowleged for the "great" job I thought I was doing. Not getting a raise for much more than a year into my employment with La Senza. Staying late and going way over my hours did not even get me a pat on the back. Although this company helped me realize that I have great potential and I definatley feel I can go above and beyond for my employer no matter what the pay and attitude being recvieved from the company.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Truro, NSSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: discount
A typical day working at La Senza was busy, as it was during the christmas rush, but usually enjoyable. I learned all the different types of bras and underwear there are, as well as how to correctly measure a womans bust size. The co workers were typically young, high school students, and usually quite hard working. The hardest part of the day would be when someone came to return an item that we could not return, such as any type of undergarments.
What I've Learned
Seasonal help (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCAugust 13, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and gaining experience and knowledge of retail.
Cons: wish i had more assigned hours.
A typical day at work includes managing a lot of different people and obstacles I would normally have to face on a day to day as well as responsibilities tending to the store. I deal very well with other people, so co workers and myself get along very well which is important in communicating. The hardest part of any job is how you deal well with others but also can be the most enjoyable part as well.
Not as I expected
Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, OntarioJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 30% off products
Cons: unreliable management
When working in an environment that is very unorganized management wise, it tends to effect their employees. The hardest part about my job was not being properly prepared, and taught about our products. This challenged me in many situations where I asked other employees for guidance, since management did not help. The most enjoyable part was interacting with guests, and achieving my own goals met to teach myself about our products, so that I'd be able to help guests.
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons: High sales expectations
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Excellent workplace, fun environment and great staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayAugust 15, 2014
I enjoy this job, it has a great environment to work and I have had an amazing experience working there. My co workers are the most supportive group of girls and they make the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job would have to be when it gets extremely busy you must be able to work fast and efficiently. I learned this skill and can work very fast with customers as well as the other associates and make sure I can manage them with a positive attitude as well.
La Senza
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2014
- I learnt how to manage customer services for examples, how to interact with people, how to make good sales and to help them with anything they need.
- I am a very friendly, confident person, outgoing and very committed to my work
- My co-workers were very friendly people and we got along just fine.
- The hardest part of the job was some customers who were disrespectful and had to involve the manager.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was we all got along ,worked as a team and had each others back.
Great place to meet new people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), OttawaJune 2, 2013
Pros: meeting so many new people
Cons: long late night shifts
Working at la Senza I have been able to build many friendships and have learned so much about the retail world. We were always learning new ways of engaging with our customers and learning new practices. The hardest part of the job is probably haveing to work long nights. A majority of my shifts were 12-10.30 with only a half hour break around 3.30.
Excellent company to work for
General Manager of 2 stores (Former Employee), Ajax,on/Oshawa,OnAugust 27, 2013
Pros: excellent product! staff discount.
typical day
checking dashboard from the previous day to react to business
checking that merchandise has been loaded to the sales floor
doing visual walk through to ensure that store is A plus to open doors
plan CSL worksheet to place people in their zones for the day
checking emails that come in to react to any changes in visual or price changes.
Putting customers number one!
Productive and fun atmosphere to work in
Key Holder (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 16, 2013
Pros: locations
Cons: working mostly weekends
Hardest part of the job is the hours, working until 11pm or even midnight at times does make it hard to have a life balance.
Most enjoyable part is the customer service, finding out what she needs making her day better and easier in even the smallest ways.

Our management team communicates well and does their best to make it "Fun".
Work Review for La Senza
Cashier/ Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: standing around a lot
I would arrive 5 minutes early dressed appropriately
I learned numerous new styles of bras, panties, and p.j's
my co-workers were very energetic, fun, and had great personalities
the hardest part of working at La Senza was sizing women and girls
The most enjoyable part of working at La Senza was the environment and the people that I worked with.

June 25, 2013

I worked at this La Senza location for over a year. We were NEVER paid for lunches as you are required to clock out. Not sure if this happens at every store, but you are only given 30 minutes break for a shift more than 6 hours when you are entitled to one half-hour and 1 or 2 15 min breaks. The staff are super gossip-y, the managers are totally incompetent and one employee is severely racist. The hours are completely inconsistent- I had only 4 hours a week! Definitely not a desirable company to work for.

Very positive experience.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dorval, QCAugust 28, 2014
Multi-faceted day, constantly evolving position. Camaraderie and encouragement essential part of each day, both from colleagues and management. Dynamic job, requiring a balancing act between priorities. I loved it, and would likely still be there had the company not been acquired by an American interest, which unfortunately did away with most of the locally held employment.
Fast-paced, rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: possibilty to earn a lot in sales
Cons: work itself requires a high ability to multi-task
Fast paced job with high paying benefits. At times it can become quite hectic, but there is a lot of hands on experience. Very professional work environment that promotes diligence and focus. Not much hands on training provided, I enjoyed working with the customers and satisfying their needs.
Up beat environment, Hilarious co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: food court in the mall
Cons: unset hours
I learned a lot from La Senza like working with stock in the back, getting the chance to learn cash fast and efficiently and hearing others stories about how to do everything fun and fast. The hardest part of the job would have to be having to help multiple customers at once.
fun workplace
Store Manager/Co-Manager-Department Manager (Former Employee), GTAApril 5, 2013
Pros: free bras, store discount, trips
check email,receive product,merchandise,assign tasks,coach,delegate,set floor,service customers,train and hire when
necessary
lead by example,provide excellent customer service to drive sales
great co-workers to work with,lots of enthusiasm
hardest part was to leave the company
most enjoyable were the many trips taken
Worst Job Ever
Keyholder (Former Employee), calgary, abMarch 6, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: racist management, no proper training
The management was racist. They didn't know how to properly train and coach their associates. Instead of teaching me how to do something they would just be on your case telling you to do it right. Like, how am I supposed to know what the right way is when you didn't teach how me to do this entire process in the first place?
productive and fun working place
Visual Merchandiser/Stock Specialist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 4, 2015
Pros: great products
Cons: some late nights
I enjoy the job very, The hardest part of the job working very hard to meet the time deadline of the day, getting all product in the floor on time. I work well with all my co-workers.
I leaned a great deal about time management. On a typical day every thing was done on time and put into their rightful place
Harsh judgement and bullying from other employers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 27, 2015
Many times girls would ignore me because I was different, or because I got onto the tasks so fast and quickly that I was a threat. Managers would allow co-workers to take the fault of their actions. People would always take behind each others backs. It was like high school all over again.
Links