La Senza Employee Reviews

Management is not supportive that cause high turnover rates
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 March 2017
Not really a fun place to work at. The turnover rate is ridiculously very high. Management pressures the employees so much when all they do is mostly sit in the backroom and barely help out on the sales floor. Management really wants to make store targets as that is how they make their bonuses that causes so much stress to the employees. They are not really motivating as what some managers do is yell at us and give us attitudes if we do not make our segments green. Scheduling is ridiculous as well, you could have zero hours for a few months just because "they do not have enough hours." If you try to book some days off, good luck with that. There is no flexibility in this job and they will not allow you to book times off when there is around 15 other people available. There are also some 'sharks' on the sales floor who would constantly steal sales, if you bring the issue up to the management, they say they will do something but they never do.I really do not recommend this company. Some employees are very catty and seem to have mood swings almost everyday.
Pros
gratis
Cons
no hours, poor management
Positive work environment, with an upbeat and outgoing staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 July 2016
Attempting to have good daily sales while selling La Senza merchandise. I've learned more specific lingerie measurements and types to be able to sell more efficiently to customers. My management and co-workers are all upbeat, hard workers, with good team work skills.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 February 2017
great work environment - loved the company - great perks and benefits working there - not the best pay or guaranteed hours
Typical retail job
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 June 2016
First off you need to be prepared to work only with females, and sometimes a lot of stuck up, snobby, females. They do expect you to always look busy, even if there is absolutely nothing left to do.
That being said, a lot of retail jobs are like that. It was a fun atmosphere, and I enjoyed helping women feel good because bra shopping is NOT a fun thing for a lot of people.
My manager was a joke, and hid in the back room pretending to be working a lot of the time, even though she was just playing on her phone.
All in all, typical retail experience.
Pros
fun, discounts, room to advance
Cons
minimum wage, snobby girls
Tedious work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 September 2016
- Typical Day: worked only for seasonal
- Learned: color spectrum of how to display the items
- Management: a bit messy
- Co - workers: some were snobby, some were friendly
- Hardest part: tedious folding
Fun
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE14 October 2016
Good place to work, the people who work there are really friendly and the job is rewarding because you get to make people happy.
La Senza
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2016
My co-workers and regular customers really make me like working there the most. There is room for promotions and raises which is nice. As of right now I'm just looking for something more full time because my hours got cut dramatically.
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2016
Learned a lot here, how to be responsible, how to deal with tough situations.
My managers were okay, co-workers were great.
something I would change is not being such a routine everyday.
fun and comfortable atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2016
a typical day at work, was sizing women, and finding what best fits their bodies, in relation to finding my own confidence and being surrounded by people with positive attitudes.
Great learning experiences, fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 May 2016
La Senza was great in providing the knowledge needed in order to become a successful sales associate. The staff and management were always friendly and encouraging.
High performance selling environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 February 2016
Need to be able to sell and upsell in order to do well here. Individual sales goals help to keep you motivated. They are big on developing you up if you are having problems. Training can be mediocre to awesome depending on the manager that trains you. Overall fun environment and friendly coworkers.
Pros
bonuses and discounted merch
Cons
sales associates can get competitive
Fun, productive environment and encouraging staff
Power Seller/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2016
Typical day included an assortment of tasks including: returns, calls for pick-up, placing orders, processing returns, completing reports, end of day procedures, coaching, merchandising. I loved always having something different to do, and never knowing exactly what the day would bring. A fun and fast-paced environment.
Productive as in dealing with customers on daily basis.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 May 2016
La Senza is one the recognize brand and is a good place to start career in retail. This company carrying a retail undergarment stuff for ladies.
Pros
na
Cons
na
fast pace ,
Part-Time sales, Full-Time Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2016
fast pace environment.
learned a lot about bras and how they fit all types of women.
great co workers.
management change to often and no communication.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
managment change
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 April 2016
I enjoyed working at La Senza , Although the particular one i was at was a lot of drama with management . I loved the staff and the work, but the management made my job no longer fun for me.
good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
really enjoyed working here. the people and the atmosphere are great. they teach you a lot about selling and customer service.
Mean girls 2.0
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2016
Competitive personalities plus an all female work environment equals very catty, sassy co workers. Gossip spreads very quickly and girls will straight up ignore you. Management is unprofessional, as they participate in gossip
Fast-paced, rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 November 2015
Fast paced job with high paying benefits. At times it can become quite hectic, but there is a lot of hands on experience. Very professional work environment that promotes diligence and focus. Not much hands on training provided, I enjoyed working with the customers and satisfying their needs.
Pros
possibilty to earn a lot in sales
Cons
work itself requires a high ability to multi-task
Fun work place
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC18 March 2016
It is a very friendly work environment. I always look forward to going into work and getting my day started. The only down side is the small hours that I get and can't survive off of that little pay.
Great Company to work for, very fast paced and friendly
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2016
Mainly in the backroom processing stock and pushing it on to the sales floor. It's great for having the ability to plan how each day is going to go for me.

81%