La Senza Employee Reviews

Fun
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE14 October 2016
Good place to work, the people who work there are really friendly and the job is rewarding because you get to make people happy.
Productive as in dealing with customers on daily basis.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 May 2016
La Senza is one the recognize brand and is a good place to start career in retail. This company carrying a retail undergarment stuff for ladies.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 April 2016
I enjoyed working at La Senza , Although the particular one i was at was a lot of drama with management . I loved the staff and the work, but the management made my job no longer fun for me.
Was an interesting experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple locations Edmonton Alberta1 January 2014
My experience with La Senza started out as fun. I was very interested in moving up with the company but after being with them for almost 2.5 yrs the culture changed.

It went form being a Canadian run company that valued it's employees to a company under the Limited Brands umbrella and the culture turned into one of get what you can from the employees with as little support and then when let them go.

The ladies I worked with under me were awesome, however the management above me were not.
Cons
Long hours, under appreciated
High performance selling environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 February 2016
Need to be able to sell and upsell in order to do well here. Individual sales goals help to keep you motivated. They are big on developing you up if you are having problems. Training can be mediocre to awesome depending on the manager that trains you. Overall fun environment and friendly coworkers.
Pros
bonuses and discounted merch
Cons
sales associates can get competitive
fast pace ,
Part-Time sales, Full-Time Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2016
fast pace environment.
learned a lot about bras and how they fit all types of women.
great co workers.
management change to often and no communication.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
managment change
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario4 January 2015
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
Pros
Opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons
Limited amount of hours for power sellers.
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON25 June 2013
I used to work at the Owen Sound store for almost a year and a half and it was easily hands down the worst job I've ever had. Where to begin...the staff are completely incompetent and full of themselves- the younger staff are trashy and frequently gossip about customers behind their backs. I was promised a promotion and it was given to someone who basically sits on their butt when they're there. The hours are non-existent- I was down to 4 hours/week there before I quit. The management has NO idea how to schedule or run the store which makes the environment there so disorganized and chaotic! In a nutshell, 5 people (not including seasonal staff) quit in a year. That says a lot!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor hours/pay, rude staff, disorganized
Great Co-Workers
KH Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 March 2015
Fun place to work with people who also like to work hard but there does not seem to be any appreciation from the company for people lower than management. I was offered promotions and raises and it fell through.
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2016
Learned a lot here, how to be responsible, how to deal with tough situations.
My managers were okay, co-workers were great.
something I would change is not being such a routine everyday.
fun and comfortable atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2016
a typical day at work, was sizing women, and finding what best fits their bodies, in relation to finding my own confidence and being surrounded by people with positive attitudes.
For my first Job it wasn't what I expected
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC20 June 2013
La Senza was an okay company to work for. I felt I didn't get acknowleged for the "great" job I thought I was doing. Not getting a raise for much more than a year into my employment with La Senza. Staying late and going way over my hours did not even get me a pat on the back. Although this company helped me realize that I have great potential and I definatley feel I can go above and beyond for my employer no matter what the pay and attitude being recvieved from the company.
good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
really enjoyed working here. the people and the atmosphere are great. they teach you a lot about selling and customer service.
LA SENZA
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2014
-Excellent work environment
-Taught me exceptional customer service skills
-Always busy and constantly changing
-Received a promotion and a pay raise each year
-Very demanding
-Very easy to get along with co-workers and management
-Not enough hours
fun, indpendence
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2016
I had good time working for them, management friendly, we had ping pong table. Sometimes it's busy days and sometime slow. Many different people everyday from agency.
Pros
flexible hours
Fast-paced, rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 November 2015
Fast paced job with high paying benefits. At times it can become quite hectic, but there is a lot of hands on experience. Very professional work environment that promotes diligence and focus. Not much hands on training provided, I enjoyed working with the customers and satisfying their needs.
Pros
possibilty to earn a lot in sales
Cons
work itself requires a high ability to multi-task
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee) –  winnipeg Mb11 July 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
productive and fun working place
Visual Merchandiser/Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 November 2015
I enjoy the job very, The hardest part of the job working very hard to meet the time deadline of the day, getting all product in the floor on time. I work well with all my co-workers.
I leaned a great deal about time management. On a typical day every thing was done on time and put into their rightful place
Pros
great products
Cons
some late nights
Upbeat fun atmosphere
Co- Manager (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontario24 March 2015
Focusing on sales and daily operations all hours of the day, motivating staff to sell and make daily targets. Encourage staff to fell confident in all their bra sales. Hardest part of the job was inventory management. Best part of the job was helping people feel great in anything.
Pros
Great interaction
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 May 2015
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Pros
Discount merchandise
Cons
Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.