La Senza Employee Reviews in Canada

fast pace ,
Part-Time sales, Full-Time Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
fast pace environment.
learned a lot about bras and how they fit all types of women.
great co workers.
management change to often and no communication.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
managment change
Fun work place
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 18, 2016
It is a very friendly work environment. I always look forward to going into work and getting my day started. The only down side is the small hours that I get and can't survive off of that little pay.
Great Company to work for, very fast paced and friendly
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
Mainly in the backroom processing stock and pushing it on to the sales floor. It's great for having the ability to plan how each day is going to go for me.
Mean girls 2.0
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Competitive personalities plus an all female work environment equals very catty, sassy co workers. Gossip spreads very quickly and girls will straight up ignore you. Management is unprofessional, as they participate in gossip
Great job in 2014
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 23, 2016
I know the company has changed a lot since I worked there. There wasn't personal sales tracking. When I worked there we all had a great time in an amazing environment.
High performance selling environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 23, 2016
Need to be able to sell and upsell in order to do well here. Individual sales goals help to keep you motivated. They are big on developing you up if you are having problems. Training can be mediocre to awesome depending on the manager that trains you. Overall fun environment and friendly coworkers.
Pros
bonuses and discounted merch
Cons
sales associates can get competitive
Fun, productive environment and encouraging staff
Power Seller/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day included an assortment of tasks including: returns, calls for pick-up, placing orders, processing returns, completing reports, end of day procedures, coaching, merchandising. I loved always having something different to do, and never knowing exactly what the day would bring. A fun and fast-paced environment.
fun, indpendence
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2016
I had good time working for them, management friendly, we had ping pong table. Sometimes it's busy days and sometime slow. Many different people everyday from agency.
Pros
flexible hours
Great training, fun- fast paced environment with friendly approachable management.
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 18, 2015
Absolutely love the dynamic of a sellers role. Pushing for higher sales and being challenged with specific daily goals to be met, pushed me to excel and succeed with greater results.
Fast-paced, rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 17, 2015
Fast paced job with high paying benefits. At times it can become quite hectic, but there is a lot of hands on experience. Very professional work environment that promotes diligence and focus. Not much hands on training provided, I enjoyed working with the customers and satisfying their needs.
Pros
possibilty to earn a lot in sales
Cons
work itself requires a high ability to multi-task
productive and fun working place
Visual Merchandiser/Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 4, 2015
I enjoy the job very, The hardest part of the job working very hard to meet the time deadline of the day, getting all product in the floor on time. I work well with all my co-workers.
I leaned a great deal about time management. On a typical day every thing was done on time and put into their rightful place
Pros
great products
Cons
some late nights
The worst.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 26, 2015
There are SO many things wrong with this company..
Usually when you start a new job its the catty girl co workers who make your life a living nightmare. Not at La Senza (Yorkdale Location) The management team are who ruin everything for you. They lie about company policies like you are not allowed to associate with other associates outside of work. Or, not being allowed to have personal information like emails or phone numbers. All bull. Make sure you read all policies before working.
When i started working there (5 months ago) i met about 12 girls. When i left (A week ago) there was only ONE of the 12 who remained because the rest had quit.
The managers make it so hard to be happy at work. If its not one, its the other. And the communication between them is terrible. For example: If i had to book a day off id speak to Manager 1, she would approve, and when the day came Manager 2 would call me to yell about why i didnt show up for work.
They lie about hours. During your interview they will tell you that you will get MINIMUM 20 hours a week - false. Most part timers were doing about 14-17 hours a week.They continue to hire people but the ones who already have the job dont get any hours! Its so infuriating. (I would continuously ask for more hours, but it was always no.) And on top of that they never pay what you work for. Make sure you count your hours down to the minute! I had to call pay roll and head office every two weeks because my pay was always atleast $100 short.
There so many more things wrong with that specific location but i think ive written enough. Dont get
  more... me wrong, its fun sometimes, the discounts great, most of the girls are super friendly but i wouldnt recommend working there.  less
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Everything else.
La senza
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BCOctober 20, 2015
I had only worked for a couple months because this store was closing down. I get a lot of my customer service experience from La senze.
fun place to work, chance to be creative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCOctober 7, 2015
I was a cashier and merchandiser for La Senza. Although I enjoyed being a cashier and being up front with the costumers my favorite part was merchandising. I loved setting up displays for the different sales and seasons. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young kids at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I got to work with and the creativity I got to use.
Optimistic and Fun!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 24, 2015
Great environment to work in. Upbeat, fun and energetic!! Team is very supportive. I enjoy coaching and developing on a daily basis through out my scheduled shift. Absolutely love meeting and exceeding company expectations with business results and team leadership.
Great people, fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2015
Loved working at La Senza, getting to know so many new people and seeing all the new product when it comes in, as well as learning about the product.
Pros
discount
Cons
can get boring
Teamwork oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 12, 2015
Help customers feel comfortable in intimate environment, create visual displays, very personal and customer service oriented.
productive and fun workplace
elevated associate (Former Employee) –  oakville ontarioJuly 31, 2015
• Replenish merchandise and update visual displays
• Measure/size customers
• Inform customers of promotions, sales and bra launches
• Assists in maintenance of the store and backroom
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
limited variety of products
Harsh judgement and bullying from other employers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 27, 2015
Many times girls would ignore me because I was different, or because I got onto the tasks so fast and quickly that I was a threat. Managers would allow co-workers to take the fault of their actions. People would always take behind each others backs. It was like high school all over again.
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons
High sales expectations