La Senza Employee Reviews

Great staff and easy going
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 March 2017
As long as you make your sales objectives, it is a fun and easy-going place to work. The management and sales team were great and we always tried to help each other out when need be.
La Senza review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
I love the company and all the girls I work with. But I feel like sometime we were stretched to thin in terms of coverage. I truly miss everyone I worked with.
Productive fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON9 March 2017
Great staff, great place to develop skills for future careers. Fun awesome people , not very challenging work, easy learning. Lots of great people ! Loved it.
If you aren't a Power Seller, don't bother.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
I started out as a power seller which, with commission and a guarantee of at least 30 hours a week was pretty decent. However, I am also a full time student and the stress of trying to meet your numbers as well as do well in school was getting to be much for me. I asked to step into a different position stressing that I would still need at least 20 hours a week to just make ends meet with rent. Now that I'm no longer one of their power sellers, I'm getting max 15 hours and need to look for employment elsewhere just to make ends meet. I wanted to step down so that I wouldn't have to worry quite as much about work and my manager said we would make it work, however now I'm more stressed than before because I'm not making the money.
Co-workers were very nice
Activities (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 March 2017
The hardest part of the job was working so much and making very little and being under appreciated for your hard work. The best part was making good friendships.
Bra and panty store
Consultant, Elgin Mall St.Thomas (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON3 March 2017
Good sales drive and alot of different locations and positions within this company. Head office was always a challenge but it's unfortunate they had to close the elgin mall location
Management is not supportive that cause high turnover rates
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 March 2017
Not really a fun place to work at. The turnover rate is ridiculously very high. Management pressures the employees so much when all they do is mostly sit in the backroom and barely help out on the sales floor. Management really wants to make store targets as that is how they make their bonuses that causes so much stress to the employees. They are not really motivating as what some managers do is yell at us and give us attitudes if we do not make our segments green. Scheduling is ridiculous as well, you could have zero hours for a few months just because "they do not have enough hours." If you try to book some days off, good luck with that. There is no flexibility in this job and they will not allow you to book times off when there is around 15 other people available. There are also some 'sharks' on the sales floor who would constantly steal sales, if you bring the issue up to the management, they say they will do something but they never do.I really do not recommend this company. Some employees are very catty and seem to have mood swings almost everyday.
Pros
gratis
Cons
no hours, poor management
I did not enjoy my time working here
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 February 2017
I did not enjoy working with La Senza, mostly because I had a lot of the other staff steal my sales which took a hit on my paycheck. Although lots of aspects were good about it.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
Bad staff communication
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON19 February 2017
La Senza is a very welcoming, and fun environment. Everyone gets along, and are always there to help you when you need help finding an item, or even just trying to size a woman. All the staff are super welcoming, and make you feel right at home.
Pros
Lots of shifts
Cons
Simple straightforward work in a generally fun and friendly enviroment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC14 February 2017
The people are wonderful to work with and the work is not physically straining. There's a lot of repetition and the work is definitely in no way fun or stimulating.
Pros
Benefits, L brands discount
Cons
Boring work
Fun workplace environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2017
Set up displays, great and serve clients. I excelled in my time management skills, keeping merchandised organized and in their proper place. The hardest part of the job was standing long hours. The most enjoyable part was was serving clients.
Pros
Serving clients
Cons
Seasonal
Manager said...
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 February 2017
she was only gunna hire ugly girls so they would not hang out with the girls who had worked there forever because she didnt want anyone to be friends. she tried turning everyone against each other.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
productive and competitive environment
Sales Associate/Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 February 2017
La Senza truly allowed me to step outside of my comfort zone, the teams energy and the environment allowed me to confidently direct my passions for helping others in a new way, while creating relationships and bonds that last a lifetime. The fast-paced environment allowed me to learn how to be flexible and reliable in an every changing workplace.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Hours are not secured
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 February 2017
great work environment - loved the company - great perks and benefits working there - not the best pay or guaranteed hours
It was a fast and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2017
I gained a lot of new skills and learned a lot. it was a great costumer service job and helping others to find what they needed. It was a fast paced place and things were always changing.
Pros
Great hours and it was in the mall.
Cons
It was frustrating at times to always clean up after others.
Such a fun work environment
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 February 2017
The job itself is a handful, but with the right team, it creates such an amazing experience. It is physically demanding and exhausting, but the work is well worth and so enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts
Productive and organized.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 January 2017
Ive learned many things from working at La Senza, such as product knowledge, and sales strategies. I built great friendships, and coming into work was fun rather than seeming like a chore. Management was fair and helped guide me in the right direction most of the time. I came out much happier than i went in. Overall great workplace.
Pros
Great friends, good products, healthy environment
Cons
management could be unequal and unprofessional at times
Not a bad place to work retail for first time job hunters
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 January 2017
La Senza was a great company to work for. Employees and management new how to have fun & always had a positive attitude. Very fast pace environment. Overall, a very fun company to work for.
Pros
fun employees and management
Cons
not enough hours or breaks
Minimal stress & fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2017
I worked here for the Christmas season (Londonderry location) and it was fun. The employees were kind and everyone there liked their jobs. They worked with my schedule and were great. I would work here again.
fun
Pacific Center - Seasonal, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
very informative and educational work place to gather work experience. the management is very nice and very cooperative and considerate in all circumstances.

81%