La Senza Employee Reviews

Very feminine environment, lots of relatable and helpful girls while learning
Volunteer La Senza Attendant (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK21 October 2017
A typical day consisted of showing up to work, attaching earpiece, then continuing to fix displays, sell lingerie and provide knowledge of our company to shoppers.
I learned so much about bras and panties, and how each different type and material benefits a woman.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture- being immersed in such a feminine environment, it almost felt exclusive and secretive.
Pros
Discount on bras
Cons
It was volunteer work experience for a class, no wage
Great to build your skills
Co-Manager/Head of Visual (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 October 2017
This company likes people who shares their views to help grow. If you are willing to put in the work and give your time, the company will do the same for you and help you grow!
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Consultant/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 October 2017
I worked at la senza for 6 years during that time I moved up for just a sales consultant at the time to a key holder and team leader . Helped the manager with anything for inventory to training to cleaning up stock work
Fun atmosphere
Shift Leader/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 October 2017
Working at La Senza is a lot of fun! You learn lots of little tips and tricks you wouldn't otherwise. It would be nice if they saw their employees more so as people rather than numbers though.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON4 October 2017
typical day at work..
Greet customers
Measure when customers were unsure of sizing
check on customers in change rooms
Sometimes you were assigned to the check out
Unload any new inventory brought in
Pros
happy people
Cons
not enough hours
It was a different culture before Limited Brands purchase
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 October 2017
This company is another example of a Canadian business turned American. The atmosphere has taken a nose dive, and like many, dollars and not people, are the priority. It can be a fun environment to work in, great for students as part-time, but like most retail environments, it's heavy company politics from mid-management up. Very little room to advance, or receive any type of proper mentorship. They have taken the La Senza brand, and changed it almost unrecognizably, just a little at a time and I think they will continue to do so.
Pros
discounted bras on new styles and employee discount overall
Cons
High standards without the pay or staff to carry it through
loved it then they let me down
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2017
loved la senza but they let me down. my district manager was supportive but their Loss prevention department on a corprate level did not perform. very disappointed
Competitive work environment
WORK EXPIRIENCE AND VOLUNTEER WORK (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 September 2017
Goal orientated work environment, extremely competitive. Management is very selfish. A typical day includes driving sales of merchandise, assisting women in the fitting room, operating the cash register, as well as clean up duties including sweeping floors, windexing the mirrors, taking out garbage, etc.
Pros
commission based
Cons
punishment if goals not met
great place
Sales Associate & Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
I had a great experience working at lasenza. The girls that I worked with were great and hard workers. most of the customers were friendly some of them were very rude
competitive workplace
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2017
The downside of this job is that they always want more, your best is never good enough and they also tend to pick favoritism which can affect you. However, it all starts with the management, which is very poor and due to that we lost a lot of amazing staff. Aside from that it was a rewarding job knowing that you have the power to help women feel comfortable with there body.
Pros
gratis
Cons
hard on your feet

Want to know more about La Senza?

Ask a question
Worst job ever
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 July 2017
First part time job, the job itself was fun but the company and management is disgusting. Completely unfair, never reasonable, and there's always drama. Management would always pick favourites (mostly power sellers because they made the company the most money) and would make everyone miserable. I would never want anyone to work there, EVER.
Pros
Absolutely none
Basic retail
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
The manager at the location I worked at was an unfortunate example of what a manager should be, which made working for the company difficult and draining.
Great competitive pay, lots of hours, but disorganized
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 July 2017
Commission is great, but confusing to calculate for yourself. Makes verifying pay difficult. Amazing product, that is easy to sell and great discounts for employees. Management is a bit scattered and communication can be lacking at times, but is all depending on the team you work with. Over all good place to work, High burnout rate and turn over.
Workplace is great, but often dramatic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2017
Fun place to work and absolutely a rewarding job but I found an unwillingness from management to confront workplace issues and scheduling. Often overstaffed and flex down hours
Great for people who are hard working but don't want tons of hours
Power Seller - lead of sales (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 July 2017
I have been with the company for going on three years!
I really do love the atmosphere but unfortunately there have been
some flaws! of course management is always a huge part of it
so maybe it was just my store. I was promised to be co manager for about a year now and it kept getting pushed back so it was time for
me to get a new job!
Pros
free stuff and lots of discounts
Cons
grumpy customers, hard time advacing
Nice place to work for a girl
Visual Manager, Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2017
It was a busy place to work, esspecially for Visual manager. Marketing was always changing. Always organizing, trying to keep store tidy. The management when I was there was awesome. There were very many different kinds of people that would come in. Husbands, brides, girls, women. The hardest part of the job I would say would be the Visual Manager.
Horrible management
POWER SELLER (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 July 2017
This company has little regard for their employees and has zero respect towards mental illness, and their employees families (for example; making you miss a funeral for a close relative).
Vendeuse
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Rouyn-Noranda, QC13 June 2017
Ses une belle importuné de travaille abla senza belle exprie d'équipe
Pros
Embiance
Cons
Pas assez d'heures S
A hard balance of Pros and Cons
STOCK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2017
I was quickly promoted to a management position after my work ethic was noted by the regional manager. Very many opportunities for grown or transitions in position. After a long term manager quit the fill in was very unprofessional and was the reason I left the company. I later returned to a sister company with much
Pros
room for growth, sense of community
Cons
questionable hiring
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 June 2017
It's a fun, girly workplace. You don't have to have one of those extremely fabulous personalities, but it's important to be friendly, outgoing, and assertive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Senza. Our community is ready to answer.