La Senza Employee Reviews in Canada

High performance selling environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 23, 2016
Need to be able to sell and upsell in order to do well here. Individual sales goals help to keep you motivated. They are big on developing you up if you are having problems. Training can be mediocre to awesome depending on the manager that trains you. Overall fun environment and friendly coworkers.
Pros
bonuses and discounted merch
Cons
sales associates can get competitive
Fun, productive environment and encouraging staff
Power Seller/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day included an assortment of tasks including: returns, calls for pick-up, placing orders, processing returns, completing reports, end of day procedures, coaching, merchandising. I loved always having something different to do, and never knowing exactly what the day would bring. A fun and fast-paced environment.
Fast-paced, rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 17, 2015
Fast paced job with high paying benefits. At times it can become quite hectic, but there is a lot of hands on experience. Very professional work environment that promotes diligence and focus. Not much hands on training provided, I enjoyed working with the customers and satisfying their needs.
Pros
possibilty to earn a lot in sales
Cons
work itself requires a high ability to multi-task
Mean girls 2.0
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Competitive personalities plus an all female work environment equals very catty, sassy co workers. Gossip spreads very quickly and girls will straight up ignore you. Management is unprofessional, as they participate in gossip
fast pace ,
Part-Time sales, Full-Time Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
fast pace environment.
learned a lot about bras and how they fit all types of women.
great co workers.
management change to often and no communication.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
managment change
productive and fun working place
Visual Merchandiser/Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 4, 2015
I enjoy the job very, The hardest part of the job working very hard to meet the time deadline of the day, getting all product in the floor on time. I work well with all my co-workers.
I leaned a great deal about time management. On a typical day every thing was done on time and put into their rightful place
Pros
great products
Cons
some late nights
Productive as in dealing with customers on daily basis.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 4, 2016
La Senza is one the recognize brand and is a good place to start career in retail. This company carrying a retail undergarment stuff for ladies.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Fun work place
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 18, 2016
It is a very friendly work environment. I always look forward to going into work and getting my day started. The only down side is the small hours that I get and can't survive off of that little pay.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at La Senza , Although the particular one i was at was a lot of drama with management . I loved the staff and the work, but the management made my job no longer fun for me.
Great Company to work for, very fast paced and friendly
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
Mainly in the backroom processing stock and pushing it on to the sales floor. It's great for having the ability to plan how each day is going to go for me.
fun place to work, chance to be creative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCOctober 7, 2015
I was a cashier and merchandiser for La Senza. Although I enjoyed being a cashier and being up front with the costumers my favorite part was merchandising. I loved setting up displays for the different sales and seasons. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young kids at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I got to work with and the creativity I got to use.
Great job in 2014
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 23, 2016
I know the company has changed a lot since I worked there. There wasn't personal sales tracking. When I worked there we all had a great time in an amazing environment.
fun, indpendence
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2016
I had good time working for them, management friendly, we had ping pong table. Sometimes it's busy days and sometime slow. Many different people everyday from agency.
Pros
flexible hours
Great training, fun- fast paced environment with friendly approachable management.
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 18, 2015
Absolutely love the dynamic of a sellers role. Pushing for higher sales and being challenged with specific daily goals to be met, pushed me to excel and succeed with greater results.
Optimistic and Fun!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 24, 2015
Great environment to work in. Upbeat, fun and energetic!! Team is very supportive. I enjoy coaching and developing on a daily basis through out my scheduled shift. Absolutely love meeting and exceeding company expectations with business results and team leadership.
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons
High sales expectations
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee) –  winnipeg MbJuly 11, 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
Harsh judgement and bullying from other employers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 27, 2015
Many times girls would ignore me because I was different, or because I got onto the tasks so fast and quickly that I was a threat. Managers would allow co-workers to take the fault of their actions. People would always take behind each others backs. It was like high school all over again.
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 29, 2015
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Pros
Discount merchandise
Cons
Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.
productive and fun workplace
elevated associate (Former Employee) –  oakville ontarioJuly 31, 2015
• Replenish merchandise and update visual displays
• Measure/size customers
• Inform customers of promotions, sales and bra launches
• Assists in maintenance of the store and backroom
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
limited variety of products