La Senza

La Senza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun but has its not so fun characteristics
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free food at team meetings, friendly contests individual to location with prizes, gratis' and special offers, special coupons, management gets bonuses and get to travel, employee discount for all, get to learn everything about bras, your selling skills will definitely be developed
Cons: short shifts sometimes (3.5 hrs), lower wage for reg sales associate, must try to make sales goals, only 'some' sales associates make commission, sometimes feel under valued by management, little to no chance of getting a significant raise if your a reg sales associate, watch out for 'sharks' on the sales floor
Fun place to work, much to learn. Involves a lot of one on one with the customer. Must be non-judgemental as the experience with customers is usually quite intimate. Typical day includes, defining sales goals and making a plan as to how you will meet them; interacting with customers using La Senzas sales model to help create a connection, define needs, and build sales; tending cash, merchandising the sales floor, stock, and customer interaction is done all at once so you must be an organized person with ability to really multi-task and prioritize.
I learned a lot about "selling culture" and all there is to know about bras .. I became a Certified Bra Expert. They teach you a ton about loss prevention; what to do if you think someone is stealing and how to prevent opportunities for theft to occur.
Although management has their own sales goals to meet they are there to help motivate and make things more interesting by holding contests and such (who ever makes their goal in the next two hours gets something from Starbucks, for example). That being said, there can be times when you feel under-appreciated by the management team as they and other sales associates have higher sales targets and they may imply that HO is truly more concerned about them meeting their goals then they are about you meeting yours ...
Everyone that I have worked with has been fun, energetic and polite; we like to leave drama at the door step. However, when it comes down to it, everyone is trying to meet their sales target and sometimes it can be a dicey work environment (ex, stealing sales).
Hardest part of – more... the job is dealing with those incidents related to whose sales are whose and finding a balance with your co-workers.
Most enjoyable part is when customers brag about you or thank you or go to the manager and say "I don't know what I would have done without her help today". You really get a sense that you have made a difference in someone's life no matter how small it might seem. – less
Team Leader,Bra expert, Key Holder, Stock Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate/Cashier/ Stock/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 10, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: very demanding
A typical day at La Senza, I would say It's hectic very hectic.it's not just about going to work and going home, you basically are very much involved with what you do, if you are not passionate and dedicated towards what you do , then this is not a job for you. La Senza, is looking for leaders, self-motivators, creativeness, tactful, inspiring, knowledgeable, determined, mature, detail-oriented, customer oriented, bubbly enjoys getting to know customers and their needs ect.. MyJob, was pretty much doing everything except my manager's job, I would open the store, clean the store, check emails, change promos, change features, opening registers, filling out paper work ect..
I would receive crazy amounts of stock in a very small back room, expected to process it all, including steaming and put it all on the sales floors by the end of my shift, on top of keeping the backroom organized with back stock, and replenish the sales floor. Next, I would be pulled out on the sales floor to help out due to short staff , so I had to drop my work and help out wherever needed everyday sometimes for days at a time.Then once they didn't need me anymore or even once they notice after a few days how much stock was not processed or accumulated over the week, they would through me back in the backroom to sort it all out . Worst part is the repetition, sizing customer for their correct measurements and explaining time after time how the sizing work.. most of time i would just get so annoyed when customers can't just accept or get excited for no reason 34B = 32 C it didn't increase cup size its the same!!! – more... Over the 4 years, I loved it only because I had a great Manager, one I will never forget. she knew how to follow the rules but was most definitely very flexible, accommodating, and very understanding. She was very approachable and easy to talk to. Always Praised us for our hard work when reaching our sales goals. She always brought treats and made up games as to motivate everyone to up-sell. As for my assistant managers there is only a few that really complimented their job title and took their job seriously. My co-workers some very hard working and always goes above and beyond. Others well enjoy making rumors, gossip, drama, laziness and dishonesty! My job was not hard just very complicated and challenging at times because it took everything out of me, my physical, emotional and mental health but over all I loved it and would do it all over again. – less
The worst.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Discount.
Cons: Everything else.
There are SO many things wrong with this company..
Usually when you start a new job its the catty girl co workers who make your life a living nightmare. Not at La Senza (Yorkdale Location) The management team are who ruin everything for you. They lie about company policies like you are not allowed to associate with other associates outside of work. Or, not being allowed to have personal information like emails or phone numbers. All bull. Make sure you read all policies before working.
When i started working there (5 months ago) i met about 12 girls. When i left (A week ago) there was only ONE of the 12 who remained because the rest had quit.
The managers make it so hard to be happy at work. If its not one, its the other. And the communication between them is terrible. For example: If i had to book a day off id speak to Manager 1, she would approve, and when the day came Manager 2 would call me to yell about why i didnt show up for work.
They lie about hours. During your interview they will tell you that you will get MINIMUM 20 hours a week - false. Most part timers were doing about 14-17 hours a week.They continue to hire people but the ones who already have the job dont get any hours! Its so infuriating. (I would continuously ask for more hours, but it was always no.) And on top of that they never pay what you work for. Make sure you count your hours down to the minute! I had to call pay roll and head office every two weeks because my pay was always atleast $100 short.
There so many more things wrong with that specific location but i think ive written enough. Dont get – more... me wrong, its fun sometimes, the discounts great, most of the girls are super friendly but i wouldnt recommend working there. – less
Busy sales environment involving excellent customer service and selling skills
Sales and Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 11, 2014
Pros: staff discount, team environment
Cons: working very late - closing till 10pm and arranging floor sets sometimes until 4-5am
A typical day at work involves me being placed at the front of the store, greeting customers and establishing their needs. It is my duty to tell each customer about the deals we have going on in the store and trying to get them set up with as many of these promotional items as possible. I then communicate through headset with my other co-workers and let them know what's going on with each customer as they each proceed through the store.
I learned how to maximize selling, getting to as many customers as possible, ensuring that everyone is greeted, taken care of and has received the best customer service possible. I also learned product knowledge, and how to deal with customer objections.
Management could be improved upon. The manager is not easily approachable and makes one feel like they are being judged in a negative way. There is also very little encouragement or positive feed back given by the store manager.
I have no complaints about my co-workers, all of them are easy to work with and they make the job fun.
The hardest part of the job is on slower days or days when people are not in the buying mood because management can come down a little hard on the employees.
The most enjoyable part is working as a team with my co-workers and having customers leave the store feeling happy and confident.
Very knowledgeable, learned a lot about women's apparel I did not know.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: discounts on undergarments
Cons: no break after three hours
A typical day at work is listening to the recording of our daily goals to meet, which includes sales goals and how many customers we would like to enter the store and exit with merchandise. While working here I learned a lot. I learned that while wearing your bra during the day it stretches, but if taken off at the end of the day before bed over night, it goes back to the size it was when first bought. I also learned a lot of bra terminology. The managers were very friendly, and helped me a lot. My co-workers were really easy to get a long with, they too helped me very much and gave me great insight on the job that I was getting myself into. The hardest part of my job was not getting a break after five hours of work, I am generally use to getting at least a fifteen minute break after three or four hours. It was difficult for me because during those hours I am greeting and holding important conversations with customers; this made me lose my voice a couple of times, also have a dry mouth. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I dealt with patient and outgoing customers, because it made time go by a lot faster and in most cases I got a good laugh out of it.
Productive, fast-paced environment
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2012
Pros: store discount, getting the necessary work done
Cons: working 7-8 days straight without a day off, getting called in to work on days which were not originally scheduled for me.
A typical day at work involved greeting and serving customers which I thoroughly enjoyed. I also would perform tasks such as cleaning, folding and vacuuming to help the store maintain cleanliness.

I learned how to use a different software which would I would refer to throughout the day to make sure the store was achieving it's target quota. I also learned how to use the cash register system.

My management team and co-workers were friendly and cooperative. Although I was a sales associate, many times management would ask me to help them perform certain tasks and help train new employees as they admired my work ethic.

The hardest part of my job was that I was not able to spend as much time helping each customer as I would have liked. Another disadvantage was the inconsistent work schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting compliments from customers on my help and knowing that I did my job well.
A very motivated career
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaSeptember 20, 2012
Throughout my year and a half working at La Senza everyday was typically the same. I would arrive to work 15 minutes early, go through the new stock, go through our daily targets and expectations, and review a tape recorder my manager would record every few days about our store. I had amazing co-workers. Through my days at La Senza i learned that the reason to having goals is extremely important to the company, Also i learned how to record new stock our store would receive. The hardest part of my job to my co-workers and I would be the over whelming competition put on us by the company. One of the most enjoyable parts about working in a retail environment would be the satisfaction of the costumers. For me to know the costumers i helped left with the best suitable product for them instead of leaving with something they did not want was an accomplishment to my self. I was taught to give the best costumer service possible because that one customers feelings towards the company would influence five people they knew.
Great co-workers and an overall exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: employee discounts, store location convenience
Cons: not a lot of regular hours
A typical day at work was busy and went by fast, always on my feet either interacting with customers, co-workers or tidying up something. I learned how to maximize sales without being a pushy saleswoman, I learned how to do a bra fitting and I also learned how to use a standard cash register. My management was great, I got along great with my manager and I am still friends with my assistant manager. My co-workers were all females and we were all in the same age range so we also got along good. The hardest part of the job would be the down time because I enjoyed helping people shop and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone find exactly what they wanted.
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee), winnipeg MbJuly 11, 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee), TorontoMay 29, 2015
Pros: Discount merchandise
Cons: Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Sales representative (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: poor hours/pay, rude staff, disorganized
I used to work at the Owen Sound store for almost a year and a half and it was easily hands down the worst job I've ever had. Where to begin...the staff are completely incompetent and full of themselves- the younger staff are trashy and frequently gossip about customers behind their backs. I was promised a promotion and it was given to someone who basically sits on their butt when they're there. The hours are non-existent- I was down to 4 hours/week there before I quit. The management has NO idea how to schedule or run the store which makes the environment there so disorganized and chaotic! In a nutshell, 5 people (not including seasonal staff) quit in a year. That says a lot!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), brantford, onNovember 18, 2012
Pros: discount!
Cons: not enough hours
everyday is something new and exciting, i always look forward to the next time i work.

i learned a lot by the girls i work with, socially and mentally.. were a strong team and im happy to be apart of it.

my co-workers are amazing workers, they always have your best interest at heart and are always there when youre struggling.

the hardest part of my job is working with difficult customers who dont accept the fact they went up a cup size or down, but in the end i let them try what they want and they realize their bodies do change.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the different people i get to meet everyday, its exciting and i always love helping people find the things they're looking for.
Productive, most of the employees were great to work with, management wasn't very good.
Part-Time, Keyholder (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: not enough wage
Depending on what time of the day I would start, I would either open the store or close it.
I learned a lot referring to bras, as well as getting bra certified, which mean I could properly mesure customers. I learned more good customer service.
Management was okay in the beginning, but they liked to pick favorites, and not actually promote on how hard we would work.
Co-workers most were very nice, all girl staff did cause some unwanted drama, I tried to always statyed out of it.
Hardest part of this job was having to tell customers we didn't have what they wanted, sometimes they would get mad.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa West, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: gift cards
Cons: short lunch time
i learned how to give an exceptional customer service , to identify the customer needs and see them leaving with a satisfied face.
managers and district managers were always encouraging us to do our best, and reach the store goal and more.
co- workers were great. very friendly environment
the hardest part of the job was be sure that at least 3 people out of 10 purchase something in the store, most of the time because the store its inside of a mall, many teenagers and families just doing window shopping so, its was a little bit hard . the most enjoyable part of the job is to see the happy face of the customer leaving the store with their purchase.
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarioJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons: limited amount of hours for power sellers.
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
always a great team to work with
Sales Representative (Current Employee), waterloo, mississaugaApril 19, 2014
Heavily relied on as a part time retail employee, and think I deserve more pay. Love the team and the girls I work with (at two different locations). My managers all seem to be stressed, but enjoy it over all. Have learned many things about retail and how it is underestimated for the work that a lot of people put into it. Hardest part is sometimes working very long hours and not being appreciated for it, and not being paid over time. Most enjoyable part is the team and the connections you make with customers. Amazing friends made and one of a kind experience with customers in the store. Love the job and company which is why I went back.
Fun and comfortable environment
Stock specialist/sales associate (Former Employee), toronto, onMay 8, 2013
Cons: constant change of managers
A typical day at work would consist of helping costumers in the fitting/change rooms or working in the stock room to organize the new merchandise that was received that morning.
Working at La Senza taught me how to organize my time and work schedule according to the amount of responsibilities given that specific day.
My co-workers were fun, out-going and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was maintaining the stock room by myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job was constantly having fun with my co-workers as we worked and achieving store goals together as a team (sales).
A fast paced ever changing environment to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Eastgate Square Stoney CreekSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: fun product to sell.
Cons: sunday night visual changes and last minute changes that required finding staff to come in.
I worked at La Senza for many years and experienced all kinds of changes in the everchanging world of retail. I really enjoyed working with my staff to ensure ultimate customer service expectations were met. I enjoyed the product in the first 10 years. I was also able to be a part of a company training program and was area trainer while the position lasted. I also very much enjoyed the visual end of it and was also a visual trainer during the christmas season at various locations.
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons: High sales expectations
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
didnt like the return policy on underwear and bras change too much to suit bottom line with no regard for hygiene
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough Town CenterJune 19, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: last minute window and visual changes, with alot comin on friday nights, all changes have to be done by next business day
found the company policy and standards where changed to meet the needs of customers on an individual basis..
i enjoyed the challenge of learning new things, great atmosphere to work in,
the hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with all the daily email,s having to answer every one with the computer in the backroom'
visual and my customers were the most enjoyable
Links