La Senza Employee Reviews in Canada

Mean girls 2.0
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Competitive personalities plus an all female work environment equals very catty, sassy co workers. Gossip spreads very quickly and girls will straight up ignore you. Management is unprofessional, as they participate in gossip
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons
High sales expectations
Typical retail job
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 9, 2016
First off you need to be prepared to work only with females, and sometimes a lot of stuck up, snobby, females. They do expect you to always look busy, even if there is absolutely nothing left to do.
That being said, a lot of retail jobs are like that. It was a fun atmosphere, and I enjoyed helping women feel good because bra shopping is NOT a fun thing for a lot of people.
My manager was a joke, and hid in the back room pretending to be working a lot of the time, even though she was just playing on her phone.
All in all, typical retail experience.
Pros
fun, discounts, room to advance
Cons
minimum wage, snobby girls
High performance selling environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 23, 2016
Need to be able to sell and upsell in order to do well here. Individual sales goals help to keep you motivated. They are big on developing you up if you are having problems. Training can be mediocre to awesome depending on the manager that trains you. Overall fun environment and friendly coworkers.
Pros
bonuses and discounted merch
Cons
sales associates can get competitive
Positive work environment, with an upbeat and outgoing staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 16, 2016
Attempting to have good daily sales while selling La Senza merchandise. I've learned more specific lingerie measurements and types to be able to sell more efficiently to customers. My management and co-workers are all upbeat, hard workers, with good team work skills.
fun, indpendence
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2016
I had good time working for them, management friendly, we had ping pong table. Sometimes it's busy days and sometime slow. Many different people everyday from agency.
Pros
flexible hours
La Senza
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 13, 2016
My co-workers and regular customers really make me like working there the most. There is room for promotions and raises which is nice. As of right now I'm just looking for something more full time because my hours got cut dramatically.
Fast-paced, rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 17, 2015
Fast paced job with high paying benefits. At times it can become quite hectic, but there is a lot of hands on experience. Very professional work environment that promotes diligence and focus. Not much hands on training provided, I enjoyed working with the customers and satisfying their needs.
Pros
possibilty to earn a lot in sales
Cons
work itself requires a high ability to multi-task
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2016
Learned a lot here, how to be responsible, how to deal with tough situations.
My managers were okay, co-workers were great.
something I would change is not being such a routine everyday.
fun and comfortable atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 7, 2016
a typical day at work, was sizing women, and finding what best fits their bodies, in relation to finding my own confidence and being surrounded by people with positive attitudes.
Great learning experiences, fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 30, 2016
La Senza was great in providing the knowledge needed in order to become a successful sales associate. The staff and management were always friendly and encouraging.
productive and fun working place
Visual Merchandiser/Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 4, 2015
I enjoy the job very, The hardest part of the job working very hard to meet the time deadline of the day, getting all product in the floor on time. I work well with all my co-workers.
I leaned a great deal about time management. On a typical day every thing was done on time and put into their rightful place
Pros
great products
Cons
some late nights
Productive as in dealing with customers on daily basis.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 4, 2016
La Senza is one the recognize brand and is a good place to start career in retail. This company carrying a retail undergarment stuff for ladies.
Pros
na
Cons
na
good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCJune 1, 2016
really enjoyed working here. the people and the atmosphere are great. they teach you a lot about selling and customer service.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at La Senza , Although the particular one i was at was a lot of drama with management . I loved the staff and the work, but the management made my job no longer fun for me.
fast pace ,
Part-Time sales, Full-Time Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
fast pace environment.
learned a lot about bras and how they fit all types of women.
great co workers.
management change to often and no communication.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
managment change
Fun, productive environment and encouraging staff
Power Seller/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day included an assortment of tasks including: returns, calls for pick-up, placing orders, processing returns, completing reports, end of day procedures, coaching, merchandising. I loved always having something different to do, and never knowing exactly what the day would bring. A fun and fast-paced environment.
Fun work place
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 18, 2016
It is a very friendly work environment. I always look forward to going into work and getting my day started. The only down side is the small hours that I get and can't survive off of that little pay.
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee) –  winnipeg MbJuly 11, 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
Great job in 2014
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 23, 2016
I know the company has changed a lot since I worked there. There wasn't personal sales tracking. When I worked there we all had a great time in an amazing environment.