La Senza Employee Reviews

Very coordnated workplace, friendly, always caring for customers in a professinal matter
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 November 2016
- Learned to open and close store by myself and be in charge of maintaining the store with other employees.
- Management was very caring for their employers.
- Making sure the tills are all in order for the beginning and ending of the day.
- Sending out payroll and the slips from days/ week before.
-Nothing was very hard about that job as I was trained very well.
La Senza
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2016
My co-workers and regular customers really make me like working there the most. There is room for promotions and raises which is nice. As of right now I'm just looking for something more full time because my hours got cut dramatically.
productive and fun
Power Seller (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC20 October 2016
Enjoy getting to interact with new people and being able to help women feel beautiful and confident.
The management and my colleagues are amazing at supporting me, helping me and are great role models to being a great power seller.
fun
Pacific Center - Seasonal, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
very informative and educational work place to gather work experience. the management is very nice and very cooperative and considerate in all circumstances.
Productive workplace that teaches a lot about responsibility
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 October 2016
We send emails to head office about 3-4 times a day reflecting on the day. I've learned how to do managerial tasks while working here like calling references, putting together paperwork, directing store visuals, and directing the store. The most difficult part about working here is that there is not much room for growth within the company. The most enjoyable part is giving women confidence and making them feel good about themselves after leaving our store. My co-workers are also a joy to work alongside.
Tedious work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 September 2016
- Typical Day: worked only for seasonal
- Learned: color spectrum of how to display the items
- Management: a bit messy
- Co - workers: some were snobby, some were friendly
- Hardest part: tedious folding
Positive work environment, with an upbeat and outgoing staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 July 2016
Attempting to have good daily sales while selling La Senza merchandise. I've learned more specific lingerie measurements and types to be able to sell more efficiently to customers. My management and co-workers are all upbeat, hard workers, with good team work skills.
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 July 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons
High sales expectations
Mean girls 2.0
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2016
Competitive personalities plus an all female work environment equals very catty, sassy co workers. Gossip spreads very quickly and girls will straight up ignore you. Management is unprofessional, as they participate in gossip
Typical retail job
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 June 2016
First off you need to be prepared to work only with females, and sometimes a lot of stuck up, snobby, females. They do expect you to always look busy, even if there is absolutely nothing left to do.
That being said, a lot of retail jobs are like that. It was a fun atmosphere, and I enjoyed helping women feel good because bra shopping is NOT a fun thing for a lot of people.
My manager was a joke, and hid in the back room pretending to be working a lot of the time, even though she was just playing on her phone.
All in all, typical retail experience.
Pros
fun, discounts, room to advance
Cons
minimum wage, snobby girls
Great learning experiences, fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 May 2016
La Senza was great in providing the knowledge needed in order to become a successful sales associate. The staff and management were always friendly and encouraging.
Productive as in dealing with customers on daily basis.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 May 2016
La Senza is one the recognize brand and is a good place to start career in retail. This company carrying a retail undergarment stuff for ladies.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 April 2016
I enjoyed working at La Senza , Although the particular one i was at was a lot of drama with management . I loved the staff and the work, but the management made my job no longer fun for me.
High performance selling environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 February 2016
Need to be able to sell and upsell in order to do well here. Individual sales goals help to keep you motivated. They are big on developing you up if you are having problems. Training can be mediocre to awesome depending on the manager that trains you. Overall fun environment and friendly coworkers.
Pros
bonuses and discounted merch
Cons
sales associates can get competitive
fast pace ,
Part-Time sales, Full-Time Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2016
fast pace environment.
learned a lot about bras and how they fit all types of women.
great co workers.
management change to often and no communication.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
managment change
Fun
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE14 October 2016
Good place to work, the people who work there are really friendly and the job is rewarding because you get to make people happy.
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2016
Learned a lot here, how to be responsible, how to deal with tough situations.
My managers were okay, co-workers were great.
something I would change is not being such a routine everyday.
fun and comfortable atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2016
a typical day at work, was sizing women, and finding what best fits their bodies, in relation to finding my own confidence and being surrounded by people with positive attitudes.
Was an interesting experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple locations Edmonton Alberta1 January 2014
My experience with La Senza started out as fun. I was very interested in moving up with the company but after being with them for almost 2.5 yrs the culture changed.

It went form being a Canadian run company that valued it's employees to a company under the Limited Brands umbrella and the culture turned into one of get what you can from the employees with as little support and then when let them go.

The ladies I worked with under me were awesome, however the management above me were not.
Cons
Long hours, under appreciated
good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
really enjoyed working here. the people and the atmosphere are great. they teach you a lot about selling and customer service.