La Senza

La Senza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun, indpendence
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: flexible hours
I had good time working for them, management friendly, we had ping pong table. Sometimes it's busy days and sometime slow. Many different people everyday from agency.
Great training, fun- fast paced environment with friendly approachable management.
Power Seller (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 18, 2015
Absolutely love the dynamic of a sellers role. Pushing for higher sales and being challenged with specific daily goals to be met, pushed me to excel and succeed with greater results.
Fast-paced, rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: possibilty to earn a lot in sales
Cons: work itself requires a high ability to multi-task
Fast paced job with high paying benefits. At times it can become quite hectic, but there is a lot of hands on experience. Very professional work environment that promotes diligence and focus. Not much hands on training provided, I enjoyed working with the customers and satisfying their needs.
productive and fun working place
Visual Merchandiser/Stock Specialist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 4, 2015
Pros: great products
Cons: some late nights
I enjoy the job very, The hardest part of the job working very hard to meet the time deadline of the day, getting all product in the floor on time. I work well with all my co-workers.
I leaned a great deal about time management. On a typical day every thing was done on time and put into their rightful place
The worst.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Discount.
Cons: Everything else.
There are SO many things wrong with this company..
Usually when you start a new job its the catty girl co workers who make your life a living nightmare. Not at La Senza (Yorkdale Location) The management team are who ruin everything for you. They lie about company policies like you are not allowed to associate with other associates outside of work. Or, not being allowed to have personal information like emails or phone numbers. All bull. Make sure you read all policies before working.
When i started working there (5 months ago) i met about 12 girls. When i left (A week ago) there was only ONE of the 12 who remained because the rest had quit.
The managers make it so hard to be happy at work. If its not one, its the other. And the communication between them is terrible. For example: If i had to book a day off id speak to Manager 1, she would approve, and when the day came Manager 2 would call me to yell about why i didnt show up for work.
They lie about hours. During your interview they will tell you that you will get MINIMUM 20 hours a week - false. Most part timers were doing about 14-17 hours a week.They continue to hire people but the ones who already have the job dont get any hours! Its so infuriating. (I would continuously ask for more hours, but it was always no.) And on top of that they never pay what you work for. Make sure you count your hours down to the minute! I had to call pay roll and head office every two weeks because my pay was always atleast $100 short.
There so many more things wrong with that specific location but i think ive written enough. Dont get – more... me wrong, its fun sometimes, the discounts great, most of the girls are super friendly but i wouldnt recommend working there. – less
La senza
Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Rock, BCOctober 20, 2015
I had only worked for a couple months because this store was closing down. I get a lot of my customer service experience from La senze.
fun place to work, chance to be creative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCOctober 7, 2015
I was a cashier and merchandiser for La Senza. Although I enjoyed being a cashier and being up front with the costumers my favorite part was merchandising. I loved setting up displays for the different sales and seasons. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young kids at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I got to work with and the creativity I got to use.
Optimistic and Fun!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 24, 2015
Great environment to work in. Upbeat, fun and energetic!! Team is very supportive. I enjoy coaching and developing on a daily basis through out my scheduled shift. Absolutely love meeting and exceeding company expectations with business results and team leadership.
Great people, fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: can get boring
Loved working at La Senza, getting to know so many new people and seeing all the new product when it comes in, as well as learning about the product.
Teamwork oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCAugust 12, 2015
Help customers feel comfortable in intimate environment, create visual displays, very personal and customer service oriented.
productive and fun workplace
elevated associate (Former Employee), oakville ontarioJuly 31, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced
Cons: limited variety of products
• Replenish merchandise and update visual displays
• Measure/size customers
• Inform customers of promotions, sales and bra launches
• Assists in maintenance of the store and backroom
Harsh judgement and bullying from other employers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 27, 2015
Many times girls would ignore me because I was different, or because I got onto the tasks so fast and quickly that I was a threat. Managers would allow co-workers to take the fault of their actions. People would always take behind each others backs. It was like high school all over again.
I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons: High sales expectations
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee), winnipeg MbJuly 11, 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee), TorontoMay 29, 2015
Pros: Discount merchandise
Cons: Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Sales Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 10, 2015
Engage customers in order to provide to them what they need in terms of product and quality services.
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time efficient manner
• Maintain work area in terms of cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee), HamiltonMay 6, 2015
Pros: Bra Promotions
My manager was very laid back we always were able to snack in the back and had more then enough time for breaks.
When your on the floor you must meet your target for the day so you are able to contribute to the rest of the team. Awesome job, just not enough hours!
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2015
I absolutely loved working at this location. The staff was like a team and it was an enjoyable environment. The management was well organized and the store was always well maintained.
Upbeat fun atmosphere
Co- Manager (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great interaction
Cons: Long hours
Focusing on sales and daily operations all hours of the day, motivating staff to sell and make daily targets. Encourage staff to fell confident in all their bra sales. Hardest part of the job was inventory management. Best part of the job was helping people feel great in anything.
Great Co-Workers
KH Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 13, 2015
Fun place to work with people who also like to work hard but there does not seem to be any appreciation from the company for people lower than management. I was offered promotions and raises and it fell through.
Links