La Senza Employee Reviews

a great and calm workplace with nice and helpful people
i need a job (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 November 2017
I have not yet had a job, but I am on the search for one. Hopefully I am eligible and meet the requirements for anyone that is hiring. I am very organized and have great time management skills. I am looking for a good experience and to work in a comfortable work space.
Pros
i get payed
An Happy Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2017
A normal day for me,was not very tiring. I learned many new skills for example; learning how to do stock, customer service and creating a fun and safe environment for everyone.
Poor selling culture
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC31 October 2017
Management really ruined my experience of working at la senza, not only the store manager but district manager as well. The way the SM treated myself and the rest of the employees was very unprofessional and she was very patronizing towards us. I enjoyed the work tasks but the people I worked for made it unbearable for many of us. HR does nothing to solve any of your problems, there is no confidentiality when speaking to any of the higher ups in the company about your concerns either.
Cons
No work-life balance, condescending higher-ups, catty coworkers
Sucked
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 October 2017
i was only there for about 3 weeks but wow oh wow it was so bad, they threatened you and made you feel stupid and just very very bad hostile environment to be in
Nice seasonal job
Sales Associate (Summer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
Helping the customers and greeting them. Getting the products from the back and learning about the products. Most of them are made with cotton. Nice seasonal job.
Pros
Nice area to work at
Cons
not enough hours
Very feminine environment, lots of relatable and helpful girls while learning
Volunteer La Senza Attendant (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK21 October 2017
A typical day consisted of showing up to work, attaching earpiece, then continuing to fix displays, sell lingerie and provide knowledge of our company to shoppers.
I learned so much about bras and panties, and how each different type and material benefits a woman.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture- being immersed in such a feminine environment, it almost felt exclusive and secretive.
Pros
Discount on bras
Cons
It was volunteer work experience for a class, no wage
Great to build your skills
Co-Manager/Head of Visual (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 October 2017
This company likes people who shares their views to help grow. If you are willing to put in the work and give your time, the company will do the same for you and help you grow!
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Consultant/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 October 2017
I worked at la senza for 6 years during that time I moved up for just a sales consultant at the time to a key holder and team leader . Helped the manager with anything for inventory to training to cleaning up stock work
Fun atmosphere
Shift Leader/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 October 2017
Working at La Senza is a lot of fun! You learn lots of little tips and tricks you wouldn't otherwise. It would be nice if they saw their employees more so as people rather than numbers though.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON4 October 2017
typical day at work..
Greet customers
Measure when customers were unsure of sizing
check on customers in change rooms
Sometimes you were assigned to the check out
Unload any new inventory brought in
Pros
happy people
Cons
not enough hours
It was a different culture before Limited Brands purchase
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 October 2017
This company is another example of a Canadian business turned American. The atmosphere has taken a nose dive, and like many, dollars and not people, are the priority. It can be a fun environment to work in, great for students as part-time, but like most retail environments, it's heavy company politics from mid-management up. Very little room to advance, or receive any type of proper mentorship. They have taken the La Senza brand, and changed it almost unrecognizably, just a little at a time and I think they will continue to do so.
Pros
discounted bras on new styles and employee discount overall
Cons
High standards without the pay or staff to carry it through
loved it then they let me down
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2017
loved la senza but they let me down. my district manager was supportive but their Loss prevention department on a corprate level did not perform. very disappointed
Competitive work environment
WORK EXPIRIENCE AND VOLUNTEER WORK (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 September 2017
Goal orientated work environment, extremely competitive. Management is very selfish. A typical day includes driving sales of merchandise, assisting women in the fitting room, operating the cash register, as well as clean up duties including sweeping floors, windexing the mirrors, taking out garbage, etc.
Pros
commission based
Cons
punishment if goals not met
great place
Sales Associate & Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
I had a great experience working at lasenza. The girls that I worked with were great and hard workers. most of the customers were friendly some of them were very rude
competitive workplace
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2017
The downside of this job is that they always want more, your best is never good enough and they also tend to pick favoritism which can affect you. However, it all starts with the management, which is very poor and due to that we lost a lot of amazing staff. Aside from that it was a rewarding job knowing that you have the power to help women feel comfortable with there body.
Pros
gratis
Cons
hard on your feet
Worst job ever
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 July 2017
First part time job, the job itself was fun but the company and management is disgusting. Completely unfair, never reasonable, and there's always drama. Management would always pick favourites (mostly power sellers because they made the company the most money) and would make everyone miserable. I would never want anyone to work there, EVER.
Pros
Absolutely none
Basic retail
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
The manager at the location I worked at was an unfortunate example of what a manager should be, which made working for the company difficult and draining.
Great competitive pay, lots of hours, but disorganized
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 July 2017
Commission is great, but confusing to calculate for yourself. Makes verifying pay difficult. Amazing product, that is easy to sell and great discounts for employees. Management is a bit scattered and communication can be lacking at times, but is all depending on the team you work with. Over all good place to work, High burnout rate and turn over.
Workplace is great, but often dramatic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2017
Fun place to work and absolutely a rewarding job but I found an unwillingness from management to confront workplace issues and scheduling. Often overstaffed and flex down hours
Great for people who are hard working but don't want tons of hours
Power Seller - lead of sales (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 July 2017
I have been with the company for going on three years!
I really do love the atmosphere but unfortunately there have been
some flaws! of course management is always a huge part of it
so maybe it was just my store. I was promised to be co manager for about a year now and it kept getting pushed back so it was time for
me to get a new job!
Pros
free stuff and lots of discounts
Cons
grumpy customers, hard time advacing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Senza. Our community is ready to answer.