La Senza

La Senza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee), HamiltonMay 6, 2015
Pros: Bra Promotions
My manager was very laid back we always were able to snack in the back and had more then enough time for breaks.
When your on the floor you must meet your target for the day so you are able to contribute to the rest of the team. Awesome job, just not enough hours!
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2015
I absolutely loved working at this location. The staff was like a team and it was an enjoyable environment. The management was well organized and the store was always well maintained.
Upbeat fun atmosphere
Co- Manager (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great interaction
Cons: Long hours
Focusing on sales and daily operations all hours of the day, motivating staff to sell and make daily targets. Encourage staff to fell confident in all their bra sales. Hardest part of the job was inventory management. Best part of the job was helping people feel great in anything.
Great Co-Workers
KH Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 13, 2015
Fun place to work with people who also like to work hard but there does not seem to be any appreciation from the company for people lower than management. I was offered promotions and raises and it fell through.
Fun but has its not so fun characteristics
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free food at team meetings, friendly contests individual to location with prizes, gratis' and special offers, special coupons, management gets bonuses and get to travel, employee discount for all, get to learn everything about bras, your selling skills will definitely be developed
Cons: short shifts sometimes (3.5 hrs), lower wage for reg sales associate, must try to make sales goals, only 'some' sales associates make commission, sometimes feel under valued by management, little to no chance of getting a significant raise if your a reg sales associate, watch out for 'sharks' on the sales floor
Fun place to work, much to learn. Involves a lot of one on one with the customer. Must be non-judgemental as the experience with customers is usually quite intimate. Typical day includes, defining sales goals and making a plan as to how you will meet them; interacting with customers using La Senzas sales model to help create a connection, define needs, and build sales; tending cash, merchandising the sales floor, stock, and customer interaction is done all at once so you must be an organized person with ability to really multi-task and prioritize.
I learned a lot about "selling culture" and all there is to know about bras .. I became a Certified Bra Expert. They teach you a ton about loss prevention; what to do if you think someone is stealing and how to prevent opportunities for theft to occur.
Although management has their own sales goals to meet they are there to help motivate and make things more interesting by holding contests and such (who ever makes their goal in the next two hours gets something from Starbucks, for example). That being said, there can be times when you feel under-appreciated by the management team as they and other sales associates have higher sales targets and they may imply that HO is truly more concerned about them meeting their goals then they are about you meeting yours ...
Everyone that I have worked with has been fun, energetic and polite; we like to leave drama at the door step. However, when it comes down to it, everyone is trying to meet their sales target and sometimes it can be a dicey work environment (ex, stealing sales).
Hardest part of the job is dealing with those incidents related to whose sales are whose and finding a balance with your co-workers.
Most enjoyable part is when customers brag about you or thank you or go to the manager and say "I don't know what I would have done without her help today". You really get a sense that you have made a difference in someone's life no matter how small it might seem.
not sure of their direction
STORE MANAGER -TEMP (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 26, 2015
I worked at La Senza when It wasn't a part of LB needless to say I liked it a lot better before La Senza is unsure of its direction at this point and is not invested in making it an enjoyable and fair place of employment
unpacking box and doing hanger clothes
Stock Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
- I learned lot and
- I always do end up work.
- I always learn fast
- my duty mail clerk
fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 11, 2015
helpful staff, friendly people, always felt welcomed, flexible hours, met new people everyday, career advisors and dean are awesome
Not as I expected
Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, OntarioJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 30% off products
Cons: unreliable management
When working in an environment that is very unorganized management wise, it tends to effect their employees. The hardest part about my job was not being properly prepared, and taught about our products. This challenged me in many situations where I asked other employees for guidance, since management did not help. The most enjoyable part was interacting with guests, and achieving my own goals met to teach myself about our products, so that I'd be able to help guests.
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarioJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons: limited amount of hours for power sellers.
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
Fast Paced Environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Concord, ONDecember 15, 2014
Learning good customer service skills. Great staff to work with and enjoy building sales and talking to customers.
Productive and fun work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 18, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: co-op position
Amazing work environment with a lot of availability for advancement.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Retail Representative/Seasonal (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: discounts at not only la senza but bath and body works, victoria secret and pink
Cons: busy busy on holidays
It's a great work field, excellent benefits and flexible hours.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
As a sales associate we had to provide customer service to the clients that walked in the store. meet daily sales goals and targets
Fun job with an exciting work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 5, 2014
The culture of the La Senza company makes the job a pleasure to do. They breed excitement into the employees about new products and services that way they can transfer that excitement to the customers. Lots of incentives to make and exceed sales goals, but the hourly rate as opposed to commission sales makes for a friendly, non-competitive work environment.
good company
ordinator (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 19, 2014
good place for a junior but liitle possibility of advancement
Fun intimate working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
La senza offered women comfortable stylish undergarments
allowing women to find comfort within their own unique sense of style.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Truro, NSSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: discount
A typical day working at La Senza was busy, as it was during the christmas rush, but usually enjoyable. I learned all the different types of bras and underwear there are, as well as how to correctly measure a womans bust size. The co workers were typically young, high school students, and usually quite hard working. The hardest part of the day would be when someone came to return an item that we could not return, such as any type of undergarments.
Productive Place
Customer Service & Sales (Former Employee), Victoria BCAugust 29, 2014
Folding garments, customer service, receive shipments. No room for growth in company.
Very positive experience.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dorval, QCAugust 28, 2014
Multi-faceted day, constantly evolving position. Camaraderie and encouragement essential part of each day, both from colleagues and management. Dynamic job, requiring a balancing act between priorities. I loved it, and would likely still be there had the company not been acquired by an American interest, which unfortunately did away with most of the locally held employment.

1 2 3 4

About La Senza

THE FUN & FLIRTY LINGERISTA DESTINATION. Where fashion meets lingerie, La Senza is the destination for the hottest trends – Read more