La Senza Employee Reviews in Canada

I love the day to day activites of this job and I have high respect for the company.
Co-Manager / Power Seller / Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the feeling that you have helped raise the confidence of another woman.

Through this job I have learned the importance of customer service, positive attitudes, and team building.

Management is highly respectable and very down to earth. They are always very approachable and they always hold your opinions high.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales targets.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, great work environment, respectable management
Cons
High sales expectations
Mean girls 2.0
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Competitive personalities plus an all female work environment equals very catty, sassy co workers. Gossip spreads very quickly and girls will straight up ignore you. Management is unprofessional, as they participate in gossip
High performance selling environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 23, 2016
Need to be able to sell and upsell in order to do well here. Individual sales goals help to keep you motivated. They are big on developing you up if you are having problems. Training can be mediocre to awesome depending on the manager that trains you. Overall fun environment and friendly coworkers.
Pros
bonuses and discounted merch
Cons
sales associates can get competitive
Fast-paced, rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 17, 2015
Fast paced job with high paying benefits. At times it can become quite hectic, but there is a lot of hands on experience. Very professional work environment that promotes diligence and focus. Not much hands on training provided, I enjoyed working with the customers and satisfying their needs.
Pros
possibilty to earn a lot in sales
Cons
work itself requires a high ability to multi-task
productive and fun working place
Visual Merchandiser/Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 4, 2015
I enjoy the job very, The hardest part of the job working very hard to meet the time deadline of the day, getting all product in the floor on time. I work well with all my co-workers.
I leaned a great deal about time management. On a typical day every thing was done on time and put into their rightful place
Pros
great products
Cons
some late nights
fun, indpendence
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2016
I had good time working for them, management friendly, we had ping pong table. Sometimes it's busy days and sometime slow. Many different people everyday from agency.
Pros
flexible hours
Great first job experience
Head of Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee) –  winnipeg MbJuly 11, 2015
Working at La Senza was the beginning of my customer service experience. Maintaining customer satisfaction while still trying to reach a particular sales goal isn't the simplest of tasks. There were customers who would be rude and mean but you still had to smile and please the customer and carry on with your sale. Maintaining relationships with staff while working in a competitive environment was also a skill I had to acquire. When I was given the position of Power Seller towards the end of my time at La Senza some of the other girls felt threatened by me during shifts which would cause tension. Overall La Senza was a great first job experience. Making people feel confident and happy with how they look was always great way to end a shift.
Fun, productive environment and encouraging staff
Power Seller/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day included an assortment of tasks including: returns, calls for pick-up, placing orders, processing returns, completing reports, end of day procedures, coaching, merchandising. I loved always having something different to do, and never knowing exactly what the day would bring. A fun and fast-paced environment.
Fun work place
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 18, 2016
It is a very friendly work environment. I always look forward to going into work and getting my day started. The only down side is the small hours that I get and can't survive off of that little pay.
fast pace ,
Part-Time sales, Full-Time Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
fast pace environment.
learned a lot about bras and how they fit all types of women.
great co workers.
management change to often and no communication.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
managment change
Great job in 2014
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 23, 2016
I know the company has changed a lot since I worked there. There wasn't personal sales tracking. When I worked there we all had a great time in an amazing environment.
Great Co-Workers
KH Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 13, 2015
Fun place to work with people who also like to work hard but there does not seem to be any appreciation from the company for people lower than management. I was offered promotions and raises and it fell through.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at La Senza , Although the particular one i was at was a lot of drama with management . I loved the staff and the work, but the management made my job no longer fun for me.
Great Company to work for, very fast paced and friendly
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
Mainly in the backroom processing stock and pushing it on to the sales floor. It's great for having the ability to plan how each day is going to go for me.
Fun girly job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 29, 2015
Typical day at work would include many slow periods throughout the day, with a couple of rushes usually after lunch and dinner times.

Learned to drive sales, reach individual sales goals and create customer loyalty.

Management was frequently changing. Out of 4 managers, only one was desirable. The last manager was very rude.

Co-workers are amazing, fun ladies. We all have a great time working together.

Hardest part of the job is meeting the individual sales goals when traffic in the store is painfully slow. Finding a replacement when sick is also very difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mini-competitions that happen inside the store to help motivate employees to sell.
Pros
Discount merchandise
Cons
Slow periods of traffic, not many hours.
Fast paced with a learning experience every day!
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioJanuary 4, 2015
With La Senza being my first retail job, I was at first intimidated by the competitiveness of the power seller position. I had to meet daily/weekly and monthly goals that were set just as high as the power sellers that had been at La Senza for years.

I was told what to accomplish by management and was given the opportunity to find my own way to accomplish those goals.
The hardest part of the job was seeing my coworkers as a team, but also as competition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in sales.
Pros
opportunities to advance in the company.
Cons
limited amount of hours for power sellers.
The worst.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 26, 2015
There are SO many things wrong with this company..
Usually when you start a new job its the catty girl co workers who make your life a living nightmare. Not at La Senza (Yorkdale Location) The management team are who ruin everything for you. They lie about company policies like you are not allowed to associate with other associates outside of work. Or, not being allowed to have personal information like emails or phone numbers. All bull. Make sure you read all policies before working.
When i started working there (5 months ago) i met about 12 girls. When i left (A week ago) there was only ONE of the 12 who remained because the rest had quit.
The managers make it so hard to be happy at work. If its not one, its the other. And the communication between them is terrible. For example: If i had to book a day off id speak to Manager 1, she would approve, and when the day came Manager 2 would call me to yell about why i didnt show up for work.
They lie about hours. During your interview they will tell you that you will get MINIMUM 20 hours a week - false. Most part timers were doing about 14-17 hours a week.They continue to hire people but the ones who already have the job dont get any hours! Its so infuriating. (I would continuously ask for more hours, but it was always no.) And on top of that they never pay what you work for. Make sure you count your hours down to the minute! I had to call pay roll and head office every two weeks because my pay was always atleast $100 short.
There so many more things wrong with that specific location but i think ive written enough. Dont get
  more... me wrong, its fun sometimes, the discounts great, most of the girls are super friendly but i wouldnt recommend working there.  less
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Everything else.
fun place to work, chance to be creative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCOctober 7, 2015
I was a cashier and merchandiser for La Senza. Although I enjoyed being a cashier and being up front with the costumers my favorite part was merchandising. I loved setting up displays for the different sales and seasons. The hardest part of the job was being away from my young kids at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I got to work with and the creativity I got to use.
Great training, fun- fast paced environment with friendly approachable management.
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 18, 2015
Absolutely love the dynamic of a sellers role. Pushing for higher sales and being challenged with specific daily goals to be met, pushed me to excel and succeed with greater results.
Upbeat fun atmosphere
Co- Manager (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontarioMarch 24, 2015
Focusing on sales and daily operations all hours of the day, motivating staff to sell and make daily targets. Encourage staff to fell confident in all their bra sales. Hardest part of the job was inventory management. Best part of the job was helping people feel great in anything.
Pros
Great interaction