RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Understanding the Business Objects (BO) Universe, report, and scheduler components, and their dependencies and integration processes with other systems.
- Responsible for general BO platform support, including 1) the daily system health check, reporting scheduler and batch process monitoring, and issue fixing (certain amount of off-hour on-call support is required), and 2) software maintenance along with IT Infrastructure resources.
- Supporting business users and IT functional users, such as providing needed BO report and Universe information, user access control, license usage maintenance, and user training.
- Supporting the BO components developed by the Application Development teams, including but not limited to proposing solutions during the design and development phases, ensuring the quality of these components by performing code review, performance checking, and production source code version control, performing the installation in production environment, and trouble-shooting and correcting bugs/issues along with the developers and IT Infrastructure resources in a timely fashion.
- Creating and maintaining BO platform knowledge base for the team, including general system architecture and design document, admin guide, common issue handling procedures, good practice, and coding standard and conventions.
- Technical competencies
- 5 or more years work experience on Business Intelligence (BI).
- Strong knowledge and work experience in development and administration of all 5 tiers within Business Objects XI R2 and R3 platform, especially in maintaining and supporting complex BO Universe and reports, WEBI and DESKI reports, user access control, report scheduling with InfoSol InfoBurst, and source code maintenance with Ebiexperts Version Manager.
- Good understanding of data warehouse and relational database, and fluent with PL/SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Views and Materialized Views.
- Capable of working in both Windows and UNIX environments with basic shell scripting and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience with SAP Xcelsius 4.5 / 2008 and IBM WebSphere Application Server helps.
- Experience with other BI platforms such as Microsoft SSRS or Tableau is a good plus.
- General competencies
- Good problem solving and time management skill, especially in the situations with certain pressure and tight schedules.
- Self-motivated and result-orientated.
- A very good team player and able to work independently.
- Good English verbal and writing communication skills: Be able to communicate with users, team mates, and managers efficiently.
- Excellent technical documentation skill.
- Financial / Banking industry experience is a plus.
Indeed - 30+ days ago