La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Welcome to the La-Z-Boy Family
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 October 2017
I have been employed for many years and worked for some of the biggest companies (Hilton and UPS). This company is BY FAR the best run and most positive company I have ever experienced.
The job interviews were respectful, knowledgeable, and efficient. My superior is completely available for any support needed and will obtain any tools I feel are necessary to do my job better. My co workers are all intelligent and energizing. We really do function as a team . Some companies talk about being "Family" but this one really lives up to the concept. If you are willing to earnestly work hard, be humble and make a nice income consider applying. I have found my Forever Job and couldn't be happier!
Pros
Cons
Typical retail irritation, sore feet, cranky customers, nothing really big tho......
straining work environment
service (Former Employee) –  Ontario28 September 2017
Very high tension environment. Employees struggle to work with one another which can cause disputes. Management is at times to busy to work with employees but are very caring people.
Pros
Office Admin experience
Cons
Negative work environment
Okay
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 August 2017
Good people
Poor pay
Not a lot of weekend time off
Not a great amount of ability to move upwards in admin
Management are easy to speak to
Owners are lovely people
Hourly rate is very poor for the amount you are responsible for admin
excellent company
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC9 May 2017
working with interior designer and conducting in-home visits and measurements
presentation and design concept for the rooms
consulting customers in custom made furniture
enjoyable
Assistant Store Manager/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 April 2017
This was a fun place to work when I was employed there. I really cannot comment on how it is now, as there are new owners and all new faces It would not be fair to them to comment
Pros
2 days off consecutively
Cons
worst company I have ever had the honor of working for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
honestly this company is worth a review but I have no choice but to write atleast 150 minimum characters so here i am wasting that space just as they wasted my time
Pros
they treat you like garbage
Cons
get ready to be treated like a 3rd class citizen with these guys
Started out great
Delivery Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
I loved this company for the first 3.5 years there. But there was a huge swing after moving to a new warehouse. I ended up being promised advancement only to then be told I was not doing a good job. Even though I was taking on more and more responsibilities I was never compensated for working harder, and like I said the harder I worked, the more I showed the management I wanted to advance the more I was told I was doing a bad job.
good company
General Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2017
The store you work at is dependent on who owns the store. Some owners are great to work for while others forget it. I suggest you do your homework. The product is good and great care is taken to ensure stores are great decorating resources.
Very positive place with great staff overall
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
Staff is very nice and energetic
They do well at training ew individuals
The work environment is very upbeat and at times goofy
The managers sincerely care about their staff
Good company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 January 2017
Provided on going training
Advancement
Fun & Positive staff
Management was very supportive and provided professional information in order to perform responsabilities
Great place to work at if you dont mind having dirty hands
Warehouse Clerk/ Truck Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON17 October 2016
A typical day in the warehouse consists of clean up, preparation and inspection of merchandise for customer orders. Doing inventory as well as helping sales staff and management with other duties. A typical day on the truck consists delivering furniture to customers, addressing customer complaints onsite as well as coordinating with management to resolve any issues. Both general employees and management staff are very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that its never the same pace each day.
Pros
group insurance
Not a real job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 October 2016
You get 2 weeks of training in Oakville, which you have to drive on your expense everyday, then when you start at your store you realize there're more than enough salespeople as it is, selling on average less than 20K a month, not to mention its 100% commission based. They tell you that you have to make In-Homes to survive there, but when there almost no customers and so many salespeople on the floor it's just a waste of time, every month somebody leaves and 2 more people join.
Pros
Very laid back job
Cons
No money, Everyone is frustrated all the time.
Broken Promises
Designs Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 July 2016
La z Boy Ottawa-Kingston tells you they are family oriented but that is a complete fabrication. You must work every weekend both Saturday and Sunday. They over hire and leave it over staff so you only get 2 ups a day. Worse place to work.
Productive and fun workplace with dedicated co-workers
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 May 2016
A typical day at work would start at around 10am when the store opens up. Everyday I learn something new that I didn't know before. My co-workers help with making my day better by being supportive and nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is handling customers and the hardest part of the job is the long hours. Overall, everyday brings a new experience that helps me to become who I am.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Great company to work for.
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
Loved working at La-Z-Boy! Great benefits and got my 2 days off per week. Loved working with the customers and got on very well with my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits and pay was great!
Cons
Got Laid Off
Great company to work for they have fantastic choices of top quality furniture
RETAIL HOME COMFORT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2016
It's a great company to work for every day brings new people with new and interesting desires, furniture and comfort needs! I get to do what I love and that is to help people, no matter what their needs are in this or any other industry! I get to meet people from all levels of personal, professionals, business owners and corporate executives from pretty much every industry and from some so many different walks of lives and different nationalities! I get to know that I have played an important part, in helping them fulfill their desires and satisfy their business needs!
At the time when I worked for this company they were not as established as they are now. They have come a long way and I love their furnitures.
Administrative Assistant/Senior Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON and Vaughan6 April 2016
At the time when I worked at this location, I was the only Customer Service Representative for (2) locations. It was a lot of hard work but I enjoyed it most of the times. I really love their furniture and I would encourage people to buy, it is a good investment with good guarantees.
Pros
Great furnitures
Cons
Need more workers during the time I worked there.
amazing work place with great co-workers
Administration/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2016
I very much enjoy coming to work on a daily basis, the business has slowed down a lot in the last few months. It has managed to get very boring around here, even when your looking for everything possible to do, this is why i am leaving.
The management here, is incredible, La-z-boy is an amazing place to work, you get along well with your bosses, your co-workers and we all come together as a team to get the job done.
Pros
bbq's on weekends with big sales
Cons
boring evenings, with no work to do
productive
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 February 2016
Many chances to meet with customers.
To have knowledge of furniture.
To have challenge everyday.
Company to have good finance background
Flexible, fun and challenging
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2016
Typical day would be answering all incoming calls, directing calls to the correct department or person, faxing, filing, courtesy calls and scheduling deliveries. I learned lots there! I learned communication, phone etiquette, some financing, returns etc. The management were respectful and understanding. Co-workers were fun to be around and helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying to handle angry customers that refused to listen. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn so much! I learned something new almost everyday. Also, being the first ones to greet the customers was my favourite as well.
Pros
Challenging, interactive and flexible
Cons
Sitting all day long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La-Z-Boy. Our community is ready to answer.