La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Not a real job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 October 2016
You get 2 weeks of training in Oakville, which you have to drive on your expense everyday, then when you start at your store you realize there're more than enough salespeople as it is, selling on average less than 20K a month, not to mention its 100% commission based. They tell you that you have to make In-Homes to survive there, but when there almost no customers and so many salespeople on the floor it's just a waste of time, every month somebody leaves and 2 more people join.
Pros
Very laid back job
Cons
No money, Everyone is frustrated all the time.
Broken Promises
Designs Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 July 2016
La z Boy Ottawa-Kingston tells you they are family oriented but that is a complete fabrication. You must work every weekend both Saturday and Sunday. They over hire and leave it over staff so you only get 2 ups a day. Worse place to work.
Productive and fun workplace with dedicated co-workers
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 May 2016
A typical day at work would start at around 10am when the store opens up. Everyday I learn something new that I didn't know before. My co-workers help with making my day better by being supportive and nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is handling customers and the hardest part of the job is the long hours. Overall, everyday brings a new experience that helps me to become who I am.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Great company to work for.
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
Loved working at La-Z-Boy! Great benefits and got my 2 days off per week. Loved working with the customers and got on very well with my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits and pay was great!
Cons
Got Laid Off
Great company to work for they have fantastic choices of top quality furniture
RETAIL HOME COMFORT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2016
It's a great company to work for every day brings new people with new and interesting desires, furniture and comfort needs! I get to do what I love and that is to help people, no matter what their needs are in this or any other industry! I get to meet people from all levels of personal, professionals, business owners and corporate executives from pretty much every industry and from some so many different walks of lives and different nationalities! I get to know that I have played an important part, in helping them fulfill their desires and satisfy their business needs!
At the time when I worked for this company they were not as established as they are now. They have come a long way and I love their furnitures.
Administrative Assistant/Senior Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON and Vaughan6 April 2016
At the time when I worked at this location, I was the only Customer Service Representative for (2) locations. It was a lot of hard work but I enjoyed it most of the times. I really love their furniture and I would encourage people to buy, it is a good investment with good guarantees.
Pros
Great furnitures
Cons
Need more workers during the time I worked there.
amazing work place with great co-workers
Administration/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2016
I very much enjoy coming to work on a daily basis, the business has slowed down a lot in the last few months. It has managed to get very boring around here, even when your looking for everything possible to do, this is why i am leaving.
The management here, is incredible, La-z-boy is an amazing place to work, you get along well with your bosses, your co-workers and we all come together as a team to get the job done.
Pros
bbq's on weekends with big sales
Cons
boring evenings, with no work to do
productive
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 February 2016
Many chances to meet with customers.
To have knowledge of furniture.
To have challenge everyday.
Company to have good finance background
Flexible, fun and challenging
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2016
Typical day would be answering all incoming calls, directing calls to the correct department or person, faxing, filing, courtesy calls and scheduling deliveries. I learned lots there! I learned communication, phone etiquette, some financing, returns etc. The management were respectful and understanding. Co-workers were fun to be around and helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying to handle angry customers that refused to listen. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn so much! I learned something new almost everyday. Also, being the first ones to greet the customers was my favourite as well.
Pros
Challenging, interactive and flexible
Cons
Sitting all day long.
productive and great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 November 2015
This was a great company to work for. I learned the sales process here and realized that it works. My manager is extremely helpful and co-workers also The most enjoyable part of my job was closing the sale.
Pros
free lunches on Saturdays
Cons
Straight commission
productive, balance work and life.
Customer Warranty Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan mills, On16 August 2015
I liked working for La-z-boy Canada because it gave me a new experience working with customers over the phone as well as in person. I also added to my knowledge some basic words about furniture and materials need to build a sofa/chair.
Pros
discounts on furniture
Cons
not very good benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 March 2015
I work Part-time evenings and weekend. A typical day would be going in collecting payment for deliveries, and putting orders through. Its a very good company to work for. The co-workers are amazing.
family oriented business atmosphere
Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2015
Typically I would open email and review credit card statements, and continued on from there with my day. Paying suppliers, data entry, cross checking invoices to receiving.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough wage
Fun workplace
Shipping & recieving, customer service, maitenance (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 January 2015
Great workplace with great management and fun staff! Job will experience high and low times. Stressful between Black Friday and New Years, much more relaxed in the springtime.
Good quality home furnishings
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2014
check transfer orders, do store walk with manager. Order merchandise as needed. Move furniture, lay carpets, tables, etc.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
boss
Owners are good people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 October 2014
The owners are good people. I like the job I do. The people I work in direct contact with are really nice people.
good environment to work in.
Visual Merchandiser/store designer (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontario9 September 2014
Very high pace demanding job
receiving and brining merchandise on the floor
two buying trips a year to North Carolina
in-home consultations.
preparation for presentations to customers
Designing furniture spaces for clients
Furniture Sales & Design (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 August 2014
We take turns with customers in helping them thru a process of selecting fabrics and furniture that reflects who they are. I learn something everyday about my customers and co-workers. My manager is awesome and the hardest part of this job is keep my patients with my co-workers. I love designing and meeting my clients.
Pros
Working independently within my job
Cons
Some of my co-worker are difficult to work with
Challenging family run work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 August 2014
On any given day my main task is to ensure customers concerns are met and to reaffirm their trust in Lazboy products. I enjoy working cooperatively with the sales and management team to ensure these goals are met. The hardest part of my job is having to tell a customer that they cannot have service with a product as either the warranty has expired or there is no real problem with their furniture. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving a problem for a customer and hearing the joy in their voice when this is achieved. I also enjoy helping the sales staff achieve these results with their customer also.
Pros
Positive co-workers, Great product discounts
Cons
Negative or irate customers that have unrealistic expectations
Nice place to work
Technician and Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 July 2014
In seven years of work I learned on this place how to do a good job and they are good employers. enjoy my work experience is the best position My co-workers are the best, I love work for this company.
Pros
estability if you are a good worker
Cons
no a full time

2.9