La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace with dedicated co-workers
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work would start at around 10am when the store opens up. Everyday I learn something new that I didn't know before. My co-workers help with making my day better by being supportive and nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is handling customers and the hardest part of the job is the long hours. Overall, everyday brings a new experience that helps me to become who I am.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
At the time when I worked for this company they were not as established as they are now. They have come a long way and I love their furnitures.
Administrative Assistant/Senior Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON and VaughanApril 6, 2016
At the time when I worked at this location, I was the only Customer Service Representative for (2) locations. It was a lot of hard work but I enjoyed it most of the times. I really love their furniture and I would encourage people to buy, it is a good investment with good guarantees.
Pros
Great furnitures
Cons
Need more workers during the time I worked there.
amazing work place with great co-workers
Administration/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
I very much enjoy coming to work on a daily basis, the business has slowed down a lot in the last few months. It has managed to get very boring around here, even when your looking for everything possible to do, this is why i am leaving.
The management here, is incredible, La-z-boy is an amazing place to work, you get along well with your bosses, your co-workers and we all come together as a team to get the job done.
Pros
bbq's on weekends with big sales
Cons
boring evenings, with no work to do
Broken Promises
Designs Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 15, 2016
La z Boy Ottawa-Kingston tells you they are family oriented but that is a complete fabrication. You must work every weekend both Saturday and Sunday. They over hire and leave it over staff so you only get 2 ups a day. Worse place to work.
Flexible, fun and challenging
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day would be answering all incoming calls, directing calls to the correct department or person, faxing, filing, courtesy calls and scheduling deliveries. I learned lots there! I learned communication, phone etiquette, some financing, returns etc. The management were respectful and understanding. Co-workers were fun to be around and helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying to handle angry customers that refused to listen. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn so much! I learned something new almost everyday. Also, being the first ones to greet the customers was my favourite as well.
Pros
Challenging, interactive and flexible
Cons
Sitting all day long.
Great company to work for.
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Loved working at La-Z-Boy! Great benefits and got my 2 days off per week. Loved working with the customers and got on very well with my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits and pay was great!
Cons
Got Laid Off
productive
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Many chances to meet with customers.
To have knowledge of furniture.
To have challenge everyday.
Company to have good finance background
productive and great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 2, 2015
This was a great company to work for. I learned the sales process here and realized that it works. My manager is extremely helpful and co-workers also The most enjoyable part of my job was closing the sale.
Pros
free lunches on Saturdays
Cons
Straight commission
productive, balance work and life.
Customer Warranty Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan mills, OnAugust 16, 2015
I liked working for La-z-boy Canada because it gave me a new experience working with customers over the phone as well as in person. I also added to my knowledge some basic words about furniture and materials need to build a sofa/chair.
Pros
discounts on furniture
Cons
not very good benefits
Designing furniture spaces for clients
Furniture Sales & Design (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2014
We take turns with customers in helping them thru a process of selecting fabrics and furniture that reflects who they are. I learn something everyday about my customers and co-workers. My manager is awesome and the hardest part of this job is keep my patients with my co-workers. I love designing and meeting my clients.
Pros
working independently within my job
Cons
some of my co-worker are difficult to work with
Challenging family run work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 18, 2014
On any given day my main task is to ensure customers concerns are met and to reaffirm their trust in Lazboy products. I enjoy working cooperatively with the sales and management team to ensure these goals are met. The hardest part of my job is having to tell a customer that they cannot have service with a product as either the warranty has expired or there is no real problem with their furniture. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving a problem for a customer and hearing the joy in their voice when this is achieved. I also enjoy helping the sales staff achieve these results with their customer also.
Pros
positive co-workers, great product discounts
Cons
negative or irate customers that have unrealistic expectations
nice company to work for.
Sales Representative, LA-Z-BOY (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 6, 2014
-sold mattresses to clients that came in for a new bed
-good things come to those who wait. which I had to do a lot.
-friendly ad caring
-considerate, kind and helpful
-waiting for customers to come into the mattress section
-making a sale and seeing how happy people were when they knew they were going to sleep much better that night.
Pros
treats left in the lunch room at times by one of the staff members for the rest of us
Cons
they didn't need a full time person in the mattress department
Greatest Learning Experience
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 21, 2012
My typical work day here was answering phones, writing up sales bills, taking payments via person or over the phone. Handling customer serivce inquires, balancing the monerias machine at the end of the night, and receiving trucks into the system.
I learned what a great team really is, and when we all work hard things get accomplished.

My co workers were my favourite part of this job, they were always smiling, we all got along with no problems.

Management was another issue. The manager i worked for was fired, for obvious reasons that i wish to not disclose on this.

The hardest part of my job was leaving it.
Enjoyed working with the public
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 22, 2014
In the 3 years I worked at Laz-Boy, I learned that working with the general public has it's challenges. Not everyone that comes in is willing to engage with you immediately, however, once the trust has been earned, the fun begins! I enjoyed working with my co-workers, as well as my manager....and learned very early, that working as a team has a positive impact on sales and service.
Pros
working with my co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 25, 2015
I work Part-time evenings and weekend. A typical day would be going in collecting payment for deliveries, and putting orders through. Its a very good company to work for. The co-workers are amazing.
family oriented business atmosphere
Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Typically I would open email and review credit card statements, and continued on from there with my day. Paying suppliers, data entry, cross checking invoices to receiving.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough wage
Fun workplace
Shipping & recieving, customer service, maitenance (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Great workplace with great management and fun staff! Job will experience high and low times. Stressful between Black Friday and New Years, much more relaxed in the springtime.
Nice place to work
Technician and Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 22, 2014
In seven years of work I learned on this place how to do a good job and they are good employers. enjoy my work experience is the best position My co-workers are the best, I love work for this company.
Pros
estability if you are a good worker
Cons
no a full time
good environment to work in.
Visual Merchandiser/store designer (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontarioSeptember 9, 2014
Very high pace demanding job
receiving and brining merchandise on the floor
two buying trips a year to North Carolina
in-home consultations.
preparation for presentations to customers
Good quality home furnishings
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2014
check transfer orders, do store walk with manager. Order merchandise as needed. Move furniture, lay carpets, tables, etc.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
boss

2.9