La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Great place to work at if you dont mind having dirty hands
Warehouse Clerk/ Truck Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON17 October 2016
A typical day in the warehouse consists of clean up, preparation and inspection of merchandise for customer orders. Doing inventory as well as helping sales staff and management with other duties. A typical day on the truck consists delivering furniture to customers, addressing customer complaints onsite as well as coordinating with management to resolve any issues. Both general employees and management staff are very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that its never the same pace each day.
Pros
group insurance
Cons
Great company to work for.
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
Loved working at La-Z-Boy! Great benefits and got my 2 days off per week. Loved working with the customers and got on very well with my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits and pay was great!
Cons
Got Laid Off
Not a real job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 October 2016
You get 2 weeks of training in Oakville, which you have to drive on your expense everyday, then when you start at your store you realize there're more than enough salespeople as it is, selling on average less than 20K a month, not to mention its 100% commission based. They tell you that you have to make In-Homes to survive there, but when there almost no customers and so many salespeople on the floor it's just a waste of time, every month somebody leaves and 2 more people join.
Pros
Very laid back job
Cons
No money, Everyone is frustrated all the time.
Great company to work for they have fantastic choices of top quality furniture
RETAIL HOME COMFORT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2016
It's a great company to work for every day brings new people with new and interesting desires, furniture and comfort needs! I get to do what I love and that is to help people, no matter what their needs are in this or any other industry! I get to meet people from all levels of personal, professionals, business owners and corporate executives from pretty much every industry and from some so many different walks of lives and different nationalities! I get to know that I have played an important part, in helping them fulfill their desires and satisfy their business needs!
Very positive place with great staff overall
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
Staff is very nice and energetic
They do well at training ew individuals
The work environment is very upbeat and at times goofy
The managers sincerely care about their staff
Productive and fun workplace with dedicated co-workers
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 May 2016
A typical day at work would start at around 10am when the store opens up. Everyday I learn something new that I didn't know before. My co-workers help with making my day better by being supportive and nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is handling customers and the hardest part of the job is the long hours. Overall, everyday brings a new experience that helps me to become who I am.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
amazing work place with great co-workers
Administration/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2016
I very much enjoy coming to work on a daily basis, the business has slowed down a lot in the last few months. It has managed to get very boring around here, even when your looking for everything possible to do, this is why i am leaving.
The management here, is incredible, La-z-boy is an amazing place to work, you get along well with your bosses, your co-workers and we all come together as a team to get the job done.
Pros
bbq's on weekends with big sales
Cons
boring evenings, with no work to do
Broken Promises
Designs Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 July 2016
La z Boy Ottawa-Kingston tells you they are family oriented but that is a complete fabrication. You must work every weekend both Saturday and Sunday. They over hire and leave it over staff so you only get 2 ups a day. Worse place to work.
Flexible, fun and challenging
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2016
Typical day would be answering all incoming calls, directing calls to the correct department or person, faxing, filing, courtesy calls and scheduling deliveries. I learned lots there! I learned communication, phone etiquette, some financing, returns etc. The management were respectful and understanding. Co-workers were fun to be around and helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying to handle angry customers that refused to listen. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn so much! I learned something new almost everyday. Also, being the first ones to greet the customers was my favourite as well.
Pros
Challenging, interactive and flexible
Cons
Sitting all day long.
productive, balance work and life.
Customer Warranty Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan mills, On16 August 2015
I liked working for La-z-boy Canada because it gave me a new experience working with customers over the phone as well as in person. I also added to my knowledge some basic words about furniture and materials need to build a sofa/chair.
Pros
discounts on furniture
Cons
not very good benefits
At the time when I worked for this company they were not as established as they are now. They have come a long way and I love their furnitures.
Administrative Assistant/Senior Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON and Vaughan6 April 2016
At the time when I worked at this location, I was the only Customer Service Representative for (2) locations. It was a lot of hard work but I enjoyed it most of the times. I really love their furniture and I would encourage people to buy, it is a good investment with good guarantees.
Pros
Great furnitures
Cons
Need more workers during the time I worked there.
Greatest Learning Experience
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 April 2012
My typical work day here was answering phones, writing up sales bills, taking payments via person or over the phone. Handling customer serivce inquires, balancing the monerias machine at the end of the night, and receiving trucks into the system.
I learned what a great team really is, and when we all work hard things get accomplished.

My co workers were my favourite part of this job, they were always smiling, we all got along with no problems.

Management was another issue. The manager i worked for was fired, for obvious reasons that i wish to not disclose on this.

The hardest part of my job was leaving it.
Awful place to work, No managment team, Could not afford to stay
Design Consultant Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Kingston Ontario5 May 2012
A Typical day at work, we were asked to move furniture, clean the store, sometimes no breaks or lunch,no customer service, Lazboy used to sell a quality product, however, in the last 5 years they have opened up factories in China, poor quality, they no longer stand behind what they sell, constant complaints from customers, the staff had to deal with. When they closed the plant in Canada, they also stopped making a product of quality, that you could would be proud to sell to anyone.

If you had a bad week and did not sell, you would not get paid, if they did pay you, it was on a draw which had to be paid back.

When the store first opened in Kingston it was a good place to work we had an amazing team of associates, we all did very well, after 5 years the owner fired our General Manager and hired someone who knew nothing about sales or customer service or management, it was hard to stay after that, now the whole staff has been replaced, and the store has really gone downhill, they have a very bad reputation in the area.

I was asked to lie to customers and sell warranties that did not cover specific pieces of furniture, I refused, when you have to compromise your morals and values it is time to move on.
Pros
co-workers when i was there, great team however all have left now
Cons
on your feet all day, limited benefits you have to pay for, long hours, you must come in before you shift starts, no breaks, cleaning the store, moving furniture, damaged product on the floor to sell.
Not recomendable
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2012
Not good managers, minimum chances for raises or promotions
Pros
free used furniture
Cons
terrible administration
productive
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 February 2016
Many chances to meet with customers.
To have knowledge of furniture.
To have challenge everyday.
Company to have good finance background
Challenging family run work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 August 2014
On any given day my main task is to ensure customers concerns are met and to reaffirm their trust in Lazboy products. I enjoy working cooperatively with the sales and management team to ensure these goals are met. The hardest part of my job is having to tell a customer that they cannot have service with a product as either the warranty has expired or there is no real problem with their furniture. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving a problem for a customer and hearing the joy in their voice when this is achieved. I also enjoy helping the sales staff achieve these results with their customer also.
Pros
Positive co-workers, Great product discounts
Cons
Negative or irate customers that have unrealistic expectations
productive and great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 November 2015
This was a great company to work for. I learned the sales process here and realized that it works. My manager is extremely helpful and co-workers also The most enjoyable part of my job was closing the sale.
Pros
free lunches on Saturdays
Cons
Straight commission
nice company to work for.
Sales Representative, LA-Z-BOY (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 January 2014
-sold mattresses to clients that came in for a new bed
-good things come to those who wait. which I had to do a lot.
-friendly ad caring
-considerate, kind and helpful
-waiting for customers to come into the mattress section
-making a sale and seeing how happy people were when they knew they were going to sleep much better that night.
Pros
treats left in the lunch room at times by one of the staff members for the rest of us
Cons
they didn't need a full time person in the mattress department
Designing furniture spaces for clients
Furniture Sales & Design (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 August 2014
We take turns with customers in helping them thru a process of selecting fabrics and furniture that reflects who they are. I learn something everyday about my customers and co-workers. My manager is awesome and the hardest part of this job is keep my patients with my co-workers. I love designing and meeting my clients.
Pros
Working independently within my job
Cons
Some of my co-worker are difficult to work with
Fun workplace
Shipping & recieving, customer service, maitenance (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 January 2015
Great workplace with great management and fun staff! Job will experience high and low times. Stressful between Black Friday and New Years, much more relaxed in the springtime.

2.9