Perfect for a computer science / IT student wanting a part-time job 2 or 3 days a week!
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Superior troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Cegep diploma
- Bilingual English & French
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment.
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications.
- Provide problem-solving services to network users
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software
- Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
- responsible for working with vendors and purchasing managers to procure Network products and services.
- Experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and SNMP) and security protocols
- Experience web programming (MySQL, PHP, HTML)
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Must be able to participate in a Sys Admin Support Rotation