Transportation Planning Manager
Luvo Inc. is a team of innovative experts and passionate advocates from across the country. From pioneering chefs to leading doctors and healthy lifestyle aficionados (with a couple foodies sprinkled into the mix) we are on a quest to disrupt the food industry. By creating a wholesome approach to on-the-go food solutions and boldly standing in our commitment to flavorful, nutritious, quality driven products, we were named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2014 by Fast Company. It’s a testament to Luvo being en route to transforming the world.
Throughout our grocery, food service and online offerings we are creating access to a new understanding of quality nourishment and nutrition. Across all of our products and channels, we give top consideration to eco-friendly practices that promote sustainability and ethical sourcing and products that are environmentally sound and health sustaining. And, we do all this while maintaining a genuine concern for community driven charitable partnerships.
Reporting into the Director of Logistics, the Transportation Planning Manager oversees the day-to-day shipping and distribution of our products. They focus on product movement to retailers, distributors and other customers while maintaining external relationships that support Luvo’s operations. Their thorough understanding of transportation and logistics, excellent partnering skills and ability to anticipate and react to the problems and changes common with food manufacturing and distribution support the Logistics team in reaching their goals.
By day, the Transportation Planning Manager will:
- Provide superior transportation and warehousing services according to company procedures and objectives
- Manage paperwork and documentation (ie: RFQs, RFPs) with organizational excellence and utmost integrity
- Maintain schedules, tariffs, third party agreements and regulatory requirements: maintain, monitor and update databases and logistics-related records
- Oversee order management and cost controls, vying for cost effectiveness and providing data and resources for production – both planned and demand forecasting activities
- Negotiate with transportation service providers to develop strong partnerships
- Work within the organization to uncover a means to maximize orders and minimize cost
- Manage systems and generate reporting on key metrics (ie: transportation, warehousing, customer service, budget, etc.), especially Transportation Management System (TMS) implementation and administration
- Build, develop and maintain external relations with end customers such as distributors and the club channel to set delivery appointments and grow seamless working relationships
- Work cross-functionally within company to support distribution of sales samples
- Provide timely insights into On-time Delivery, Order Fill Rates and Freight Cost
- Take care of day-to-day department finance functions: freight payments, audit and reconciliation
- Share our passion for transforming our world through food with your “everything is possible” attitude
- Have 5 – 7 years’ experience in an operations management capacity, ideally within a manufacturing/retail grocery environment\
- Possess a minimum of 3 years in a tactical role (ie: Transportation Manager, Logistic Manager, etc)
- Are the proud owner of a diploma in Business Operations Management or the equivalent in working experience and have accreditation in supply chain management and logistics with expert-level application skills
- Have experience with refrigerated and frozen transportation and warehousing
- Possess a shiny track record in successfully building process excellence through collaboration and planning
- Thrive in a fast-paced, start up environment where you leverage best practices and create innovative business solutions
- Are a strong communicator—both written and verbal—and develops quality, highly productive relationships and world class function
What we will bring to the table:
This is a regular full time position with a team that is committed to truly changing our world for the better. You’ll grow professionally, will have competitive compensation and opportunities to share in our success. We’re on a journey to change the way the world accesses a healthy and health-full lifestyle and are excited to build a team equally excited to be those change agents.
Thank you in advance to all interested applicants. We are experiencing a large volume of responses and as such will only reply to candidates selected for an interview. To that end, please refrain from contacting our 1-800 number to inquire about application status. The toll-free number is to be reserved for customer service related inquiries only.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard -
- 14 days ago
Treen Safety (WorkSafe) Inc.
- 14 days ago
Heart Force Medical Inc.
- 7 hours ago
Luvo offers healthy frozen meals that taste great including gourmet and nutritious ready-to-eat meals, breakfasts, soups and delicious...