Position Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Date: Jan 29th, 2014
Supervisor: Bonita Matushewski
The Executive Assistant is accountable for maintaining LTS’s daily infrastructure, consolidation and dissemination of Quality Initiatives data, training, information, and reports. They will prepare both sensitive and non-sensitive information for distribution to all levels of LTS clients and partners through several communication channels.
This is a national position that will support the LTS Leaders and consultants to meet client deliverables, LTS infrastructure needs and LTS systems. These systems include an Internet site, training programs, and related manuals and documentation. The Assistant will work with autonomy; based on guidelines from the VP of training and development, to create the physical templates, training medium, and reports. The major challenge is to maintain multiple deadlines from several consultants and clients on an ongoing basis.
LTS ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE
Reports to: VP of training and development
Direct Reports: None
Staff to Support: 22
Geographic Work Scope: National (Canada)
Full and part time staff: 22
- Schedule meeting, calls and conference calls;
- Book travel, car rentals and accommodations;
- Maintain and build supply and facilitation kits as required;
- Arrange and manage printing services;
- Proof reading;
- Arrange shipping of RFPs and or items to LTS clients or client locations;
- Arrange LTS services as requested;
- Ensure activities in calendars include: Location name, address, starting and end times of the event and any other information that is deemed important for the facilitator;
- Assist with scheduling of events, activities, training dates and locations;
- Keeping contact list updated and adding new contacts in a format acceptable to the LTS;
- Ensuring training room set up and needs are communicated to clients;
- Tracking of LTS assets (IPads, printers, projectors, etc.)
- Manage stock of supplies required by LTS at its multiple locations;
- Update and add necessary policies and procedures.
- Create Microsoft Excel and Word templates. These templates will include in-depth macros and formatting for ease of use by multiple users.
- Assist the IT department in formatting all necessary additions to the LTS internet site.
- Update on a daily basis and keep current the Sub-contractor’s to do list.
- Basic bookkeeping duties
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Organizational Skills: You will be relied on you to keep the working day in order. Scheduling meetings, travel plans, billing, etc. will all require you to have exceptional organizational skills.
Time Management Skills: Must possess the ability to syndicate several tasks at once, with a high level of accuracy and thoroughness, in a time efficient manner
Listening and Communication Skills: You will be expected to follow instruction from your supervisor, and your ability to understand those instructions with little or no follow up will be essential. You will need to relate messages or instructions to others based from your supervisor, therefore, good listening and communication skills is crucial to ensure that the information is relayed correctly.
People/Interpersonal Skills: You will be working directly with at least one person: your supervisor. You will also in some cases be the first line of communication between your supervisor and clients, this requires the ability to exercise strong communication skills, both verbally and written. We require well-honed interpersonal skills that are necessary to build rapport with our clients.
Computer Skills: Writing emails, transcribing notes, faxing, copying, and creating spreadsheets or printing documents, versatility in QuickBooks—preferably with a background in bookkeeping.
Physical Effort – Computer competency, telephone interaction, electronic supplies movement, training room set-up and walking.
Travel Requirements– Must hold a valid Canadian driver’s license. Travel may be required to LTS client locations across Canada.
Physical Environment – Office and training room environment.
Location– LTS is a virtual organization; the majority of work will be completed from your home office. LTS will supply all necessary equipment and supplies.
Sensory Attention –Computer programs and database proficiency, statistical and analysis skills, advanced forms and spreadsheet competency. Excellent verbal and written skills to disseminate training and reports. Self motivated and capable of taking a concept and creating context from it. This position requires strong interpersonal skills and transactional leadership traits to anticipatively support LTS clients and partners.
Mental Stress – This position will have tight deadlines with pressure from a multidisciplinary group. This position uses confidential data and information from private and public sectors including several provincial ministries. Most information will require discretionary thought to ensure proper distribution.
Diploma in computer programs or administration. Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft suite specifically Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, and QuickBooks. Time and project management training would be an asset with enfaces on self-managing and initiation traits. Artistic skills will be an advantage in this position.
This position requires at least 2 years experience in an office setting. Previous experience creating training and development programs would be an asset.
LTS offers a competitive compensation package based on education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply through Job Posting with Resume and Cover Letter