For over 30 years, LSI Engineering has served the GTA as a leader in commercial / residential design-builds, construction management and general contracting. We currently have an opening for Intermediate Construction Estimator.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Independent preparation of pre-qualification and pre-tender information submittals
- Independent estimating on commercial and residential drawings and specifications
- Review construction details and proposal drawings to clarify the cost estimate
- Collaborate with the Project Manager on job lists for Site Supervisors including scopes of work, directions to site, materials required, and necessary backup documents
- Conduct preliminary communications with the project manager, sales team, trades and client regarding project details, material selection, promotion of LSI products and services, site safety, access requirements, etc.
- Attend meetings with clients and sales representatives to measure, take pictures and quantity take offs of the site, and prepare quotations. This may happen during days, evenings or weekends.
- Identifying and selecting the materials required for the project, and ensuring material procurement costs are within allotted budgets
- Attending trade shows to represent the company. This may be during weekdays or weekends.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, estimating software
- A minimum of 5 years experience in estimating in residential and commercial construction
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision) while collaborating with diverse individuals to accomplish stated objectives
- Self-motivated, detail- and goal-oriented with proven ability to perform under pressure
To get an understanding of our company, please visit LSIEngineering.com
While we sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard