Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Salary: $Negotiable + commission + benefits + bonus structure
Our client is a leading Canadian industrial products distributor of industrial products such as steel, pipes, valves and pipe joining systems, abrasion and corrosive resistant materials to the mining and construction industry. They are looking for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful organization with the ability to impact the future success.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the responsibilities include:
- Focusing on and engaging in all sales functions including achieving growth and profit targets while maintaining current business.
- Cultivating and managing key business accounts and maintaining lines of communication.
- Prospecting and generating new clients within the territory.
- Creating and maintaining strategic alliances with vendors.
- Preparing and presenting quotations.
- Acquiring product knowledge and demonstrating product to key customers.
- Assisting the Branch Manager in the day to day functions of the brand.
- Receiving requests and responding to inquiries from customers
- Preparing sales orders and entering order and returns into the system
- Evaluating customer’s needs and promoting products
- Providing quotations for Major Projects to customers
- Ensuring all items purchased are properly entered, allocated and efficiently processed
- Processing daily branch paperwork
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist or Mechanical Engineer.
- An understanding of mechanical principles
- Several years of experience in outside sales in a supply store setting.
- Inside Sales experience will be considered with training for promotion to Outside Sales.
- Experience with Industrial products in industries such as Mining, Construction and Forestry
- Excellent customer service skills, able to foster and maintain client relationships
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to change
- Team player who works work well under pressure, with superior presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Inventory Control software and Microsoft Office products
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail
- Excellent telephone sales personality skills, and communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly energetic and self- starter
Please forward resume along with references in MS Word format.