Visit http://www.localizeyourfood.com/jobs-at-localize.html to find out more about Localize and this position.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Intern:
This position is created through a YMCA Digital Skills Program and applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be under the age of 30 (inclusive);
- be a university graduate;
- not be enrolled in school;
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- be committed to full-time employment period totalling 20 weeks (at which time there is a possibility for full time extension with Localize)
Work within the Localize team to help us scale our unique business model across Western and Eastern Canada. This position will work within the Localize team in Edmonton, Alberta to enhance our business model development, marketability, technology interface, and communications. Specifically, the incumbent will be involved in improving our business marketing plan, communicating with front-line vendors and grocers, and working to improve our digital presence.
We value a great personality and desire to learn above all else, so if you are ready to embark on a fast-paced adventure, send us your resume. Here are some attributes that we are looking for:
- awareness and interest in food and/or agriculture related issues
- entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to solve problems
- desire to work within a business startup and to be an active participant in every stage of our development
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- we are targeting MBA students/grads and Communications graduates, but if you've got a passion, send your CV.
What You Will Get Out of It:
- Work in an exciting place in downtown Edmonton and within a great team
- We'll mentor you and support your learning and development
- We'll consider you for a full time position after the 20 weeks
- We'll give you a great reference if you've earned it (and we know you will)
- A wage of $16/hour full time for 20 weeks.
If you meet the criteria for this position, please apply. All applications must be received by Friday, December 7th, 2012. Please note that applicants will only be considered for this position if they meet the criteria required through the YMCA Digital Skills Program.