The position of welder/fitter includes, but is not limited to production welding, service and repair welding,prototype welding, and fitter welding. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom equipment from supplied drawings.
The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products. The welder will preform random tasks, maintenance on products to be refurbished or re-worked to customer specifications, and have a strong knowledge in operating all metal working machinery. Additionally the welder/fitter will be required to read and understand production drawings,blueprints, work orders, and other written instructions.
- Read and interpret blue prints or welding process specification
- operate manual or semi automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding(GTAW)
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
- Maintain safe work practices
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes,shears,and other metal forming and punching machines
- Conduct technical Inspections
- Conduct repairs, modifications, and retrofits
- Review blueprints and specifications, ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in environments intended for use.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Keep detailed and accurate reports and Documentation
- Other assigned work as required
- Weld in all positions
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- High school diploma
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
- General knowledge on operating brakes, shears, iron worked
-Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
-Travel to off-site locations may be required
-Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel toed safety boots
-Overtime as required
-Hazards associated with the trade
-Work both indoors and outdoors
-Exposure to construction sites
Indeed - 2 years ago