LNBF (www.lnbf.ca) is eco-friendly women's apparel brand based in Toronto. We're looking for a reliable and passionate junior designer who can join our team, who wants to grow with our brand, with a passion for the fashion industry. This is a perfect position for someone 1-2 years or a new graduate with internship experience.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with our Head Designer on planning and developing a line from start to finish
- Ability to work fast and produce designs by hand or using computer-aided design (AutoCad, Illustrator)
- Sourcing design patterns, fabrics, trims, fasteners and samples that are on-trend, and adapting existing designs for mass production
- Staying up-to-date with the latest trends in fashion, an avid reader of fashion magazines, trend reports and trade publications
- liaising closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the item suits the customer, market and price points
- understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns, technical specifications for designs
- Working closely with our merchandiser on developing patterns, garments and supervising the making up of these, including fitting, detailing and adaptations
- Travel to attend fashion shows, trade shows and client visits
- 1-2 years of working in fashion design or retail industry
- CREATIVITY! an eye for colour, texture, pattern and styling
- Exemplary technical drawing skills (AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- knowledge of pattern cutting, grading and garment construction
- Strong interest and passion for fashion design, latest trends in womenswear
- Commercial awareness, knowing what shapes and styles work for our target market
- Ability to visualise things in three dimensions
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within a budget
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of either Cantonese or Mandarin an asset, but not mandatory
Please send your design portfolio, cover letter and resume with your application. In your email, put your name and "INDEED - FASHION DESIGN APPLICANT" in the subject heading. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!
Indeed - 9 months ago
We design and operate the brand "LNBF - Leave Nothing But Footprints", an eco-friendly label for women looking for style and...