LNB Construction, a progressive and growing construction company providing excavation and infrastructure services to clients throughout western Canada, is seeking an individual for the position of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager. We are a privately held Canadian corporation with our head office located in Merritt, British Columbia and a satellite office in Kamloops, BC. For further information about LNB Construction please visit our website at www.lnbconstruction.com.
Reporting to the President and COO, the HSE Manager will be responsible for advising management on the actions necessary to ensure Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) compliance with company, customer and regulatory requirements. The HSE Manager has responsibility to provide support to the Project Superintendent, Managers, Foreman, Field Safety Advisor to ensure they are fulfilling their role as the responsible party for HSE issues in their area.
This position is responsible for continual improvement of HSE performance, knowledge sharing and the cultivation of a HSE Culture. As an influencer, this position helps to develop creative and cost effective HSE solutions. As a relationship builder, this position engages employees at all levels in the creation and execution of HSE excellence. As an experienced technical expert, this position guides operations in matters of compliance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Compliance with all HSE laws within the company and client locations
- Know and understand regulations, company safety program, documentation and reporting requirements, construction safe work practices, and equipment/operator certification requirements for place of work
- Ability to develop existing systems, implement new and changing safety programs for existing and expanding markets
- Direction of continual improvement activities for HSE within locations
- Support company with location specific HSE activities at the request and direction of the Operations and Project Manager or Superintendents
- Ensure data integrity of compliance and regulatory information
- Manage and ensure the competencies of HSE employees to meet regulatory, company and client requirements
- Review and revise as required site safe work practices and procedures to ensure consistency with company’s safety standards and compliance with site specific regulatory requirements
- Set a good example by demonstrating a positive safety attitude and abide by regulatory, company and client safety standards
- Ability by to manage personnel within the safety department both in the office and in the field
- Manage the development and review of site safety plans for major projects
- Assessment of site specific requirements which include client’s requirements, emergency protocols, safe work plans and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Train or arrange for training of all company employees as required
- Ability to develop and maintain a system to ensure HSE information is retained in a regulatory manor
- Ability to develop and maintain a matrix specific to safety training and company specific requirements, specific to the industry and geographical regions in which the company operates
- Audit site safety performance and evaluate program implementation. Recommend corrective actions as needed and follow up to ensure implementation
- Able to withstand and adapt to change and growth
- Investigate accidents, near-miss accidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures and manage return to work activities
- Comprehensive knowledge of OH&S regulations
- CSO/ NCSO certification or Canadian Registered Safety Professional certification
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including basic knowledge, development and use
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence all levels of employees in a behavioral safety culture with a focus on Process Safety Management
- Team player with strong leadership and relationship building skills (mentoring / coaching / motivating)
- Dynamic problem solver, needing minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic, results driven self starter
- Valid unrestricted drivers license
- Minimum 20-30% travel required
LNB Construction, a progressive and growing construction company providing excavation and infrastructure services to clients throughout...