LNB Construction, Inc. – Kamloops, British Columbia
LNB Construction, a progressive and growing construction company providing excavation and infrastructure services to clients throughout western Canada, is looking for a senior level Controller to help lead our organization. We are a privately held Canadian corporation with offices located in Merritt and Kamloops, British Columbia.
Competitive Wages, Relocation Allowance, Bonus, Benefits
Reporting to the company’s Chief Financial Officer, the Controller’s duties include oversight of the book-keeping and financial reporting for the company. The Controller will account for, monitor, and implement all internal financial controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in planning objectives, methods and resources of short and long range financial operations
- Monitors financial operations of the company and ensures completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Prepares required analytical reports and Quarterly Management Discussion and Analysis for the executive team and outside stakeholders
- Develops a strategic plan through researching, analyzing and documenting accounting issues, through to the point of recommended solutions
- Manages the finance staff including A/R, A/P, P/R, Cost Accounting
- Coordinates annual audit activities
- Reviews and manages capital expenditure budgets, operating budgets and long-term plans, budget variances, cash-flow, forecasting, payroll, invoicing, general ledger and journal entries
- Continuously seeks opportunities for improving financial and management accounting processes
Qualifications and Requirements
- Accounting degree with a CA, CGA or CMA designation
- 5+ years experience in Controllership role
- Experience in the design and implementation of financial and business processes and systems
- Ability to solve tough, complex and often ambiguous problems
- Strong understanding of Canadian and US GAAP
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to relate to and connect at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organization and communication skills, with ability to effectively convey ideas both orally and in writing
- Construction Industry experience a preference
- Professional references
LNB Construction, a progressive and growing construction company providing excavation and infrastructure services to clients throughout...