LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology is a network of specialized clinics providing complete care in Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism. LMC’s clinical network is comprised of 9 Healthcare Centres of Excellence, in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec). Our 26 Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by a team of highly qualified Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Pharmacists and Clinical Research Professionals. LMC is proud to have been nominated for 2011’s Best Workplaces in Canada award.
LMC Pharmacy – Diabetes Source, a division of LMC Endocrinology Centres, is currently seeking a Pharmacy Assistant to join our diabetes focused pharmacy.
Why LMC might be right for you!
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
- Education allowance (days and funding)
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
- Reporting to the Pharmacy Associate, the Pharmacy Assistant supports prescription filling and administrative duties allowing the Pharmacist to focus on patient care
- Role provides a unique opportunity to practice in a clinical environment with a team of top specialists in diabetes and endocrinology
- Many opportunities for learning and expanding your pharmacy skills
- Responsible for the safe and efficient management of all aspects of drug distribution (prescription filling, third-party adjudication, cashier duties, inventory)
- Uses effective communication skills to develop professional relationships with patients and health care professionals
- Ensures the pharmacy is optimally equipped and maintained for day to day operations
- Assists patients with diabetes monitoring devices as required
- Assists with research medications and protocols as required
- Must have completed a College or Technical program; specialty of pharmacy preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Ontario pharmacy practice experience
- Proficient with Kroll
- Experience working with patients with diabetes, or a proven interest in diabetes is required
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communication, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Regular business hours, with flexibility to provide infrequent after-hour service as needed
LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.
If you wish to be part of this exciting team, please email your most up to date resume to this ad. We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.